Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pathfinder [IC]

1. - Top - End - #31
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder [IC]

Lars
    Spoiler
    Show
    With that spot check you can easily see pools of light spilling out onto the street as you pass by several taverns of various repute. Two stand out among the others as you walk by... The first seems to be in fine company as you can clearly hear some sort of minstrel or musician playing a baudy tune about some of the finer qualities of women. The second sounds like the perfect place to join in a large brawl that seems to be spilling large portions of it's customers onto the street.
    As you pass the second you can also hear the faint sound of a whistle suggesting the local watch is on the way.

Grak'n & Jubrayl
    Spoiler
    Show
    You swing at the large man but he manages to avoid your blow and retaliates with one of his own as the lanky kid tries awkwardly to grab you in a headlock and fails. The big man seeing you distracted takes aim and kicks you in the most sensative of areas. <1 damage 4 subdual> Groaning as the impact of the blow does some real damage Grak'n barely manages to remain standing as his beard only cushions the blow partially. The other two thugs continue to press their attack against Jubrayl. The first thug manages to grab hold but is overpowered by Jubrayl as he moves to dodge the incoming attack from the second thug.
    All around you the fight continues as the crowd cheers. Most of them are just watching but there are still one or two participants who have not been knocked unconcious in the other areas of the bar.

Daffyd
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you make your way through the crown and out the door throwing Jesk his share he smiles and waves. "Come back anytime we almost always have an open stage." Finally making it through the doorway and out into the pale light of the moon as it rises low above the houses down the street you cannot see any sign of the girl who had caught your attention. However lying at your feet as though begging for your attention lies a single foot-long strand of ribbon that must have come loose from her hair as she raised her hood and ventured off into the night. Some things must not be meant to happen, and others as in stories are better when prolonged. You feel a certainty that the story between you both is not quite finished. Even though you have yet to meet her you feel certain that you will both meet again, and then next time she will not elude you so easily.
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-02-25 at 11:44 AM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lars Larch, the Bastard of the Woods - Dwarven Druid

Lars Pauses in the street, watching a brawl rage inside the Fatman's Feedbag. He hears a whistle, and knows that the watch will soon put an end to the "fun."

There's a good time wasted. Looks like I'm a bit too late.

He trudges out to his fire and begins cooking his rabbit.

Taj screeches once in welcome from the upper branch of a nearby tree and then tucks her head under a wing to rest.
    Last edited by Zed's Dead; 2008-02-25 at 11:32 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Lars plan is to eat his rabbit, clean up his campsite and thoroughly stomp his coals, tell Taj he's going into town, and then walk back through to the town to the Cracktooth Tavern for a pint or two, and then head back to his lodging for rest.

At the campsite:
    spot (1d20+4)[7] Listen (1d20+8)[18]

In town:
    spot (1d20+4)[23] Listen (1d20+8)[18]

Sorry for the double post! I had to do some rolling. Just let me know if I'm using Spot/Listen too often.
    Last edited by Zed's Dead; 2008-02-25 at 11:46 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

No it's fine. Sometimes i have to post 4-5 times to get every thing working for my rolls and my posts.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Geez, two on one? Fine, whatever." Grabbing the second man at the shoulders, Jubrayl tries to put his knee in his stomach and push him away.

Attack:
    (1d20)[11]-1

Damage:
    (1d3)[3]-1

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Romantic sub-plots are fun! I'm sure I'll have to compose an epic poem about losing her.

Daffyd looks wildly about the street and sees naught but the ribbon at his feet. Bending down to retrieve it, he notes a single strand of hair caught in the fibres of the tie. A parting gift, perhaps? Ah well... Perhaps I'll remain for this festival... Carefully folding the ribbon, Daffyd wraps it in a piece of embroidered linen and stashes it in his pouch, returning to the now-lively performer's rest and the fellowship therein.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Hengist Magnusson, Huntsman, Woodsman, Norseman.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Daffyd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daffyd wakes to the sunrise in a well-kept if worn room in Jesk's Tavern and checking to make sure his belongings are all still in place prepares for the day and the festivities to follow.

Lars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lars is nearly as lucky having spent the night in the small room attached to the rear or Madame Mvashti's house he awakes more refreshed than he thought possible, after a night without a beer and the companionship of his familiar, the travel must have taken more out of him than he had thought. It was a shame he had missed that brawl though, ariving just in time to find many of the participants being thrown into the back off wagons unconcious, drunk, or both. The owner had informed him that he was closed at the insistance of the local authorities although he would certainly be open tomorrow night and would welcome him then with open arms and a flowing tap.

Grak'n & Jubrayl
    Spoiler
    Show
    You wake to find your selves in a cold, cramped, and musty smelling room as beams of light shine painfully through barred windows. Neither of you can remember what happened but the bruises and bumps you have sustained speak for themselves. Semi-concious images of being struck on the head with cudgels rings clear enough as one of the guards walks down the line of cells letting his cudgel rap..rap..rap..rap..rap..rap..rap.. on the bars of each cell in turn. He stops in front of your cell spinning his cudge into place on his belt and smiling at you, he says. "Good mornin' boys i hope you slept well. You see we don't mind visitors here in our fair town but we do expect a few rules to be kept. Lucky for you it's a festival day and we are feeling generous otherwise i just might have kept you locked up as long as they will be." He juts his thumb in the direction of 4 slumped forms in the corner of two nearby cells. The worst off from the fight by far, one of the men has his arm in a sling while the other still has a shattered nose. All of them seem to be lost to this world still sleeping off the drink and the beating they experienced last night.
    The man who by now you realise must be the sherif as indicated by the large shiny 6 pointed star he wears, looks at you both. "As i was saying. You are lucky that i was talked into being lenient on you boys because of the festival. They wont be so lucky as im sure they had more to do with this whole brawl than you did but that still doesn't excuse your actions. I expect you to behave from now on and stay out of trouble while you are in town for the festival. I'll let you out and give you some breakfast and belongings back as soon as i have your word. I think that's pretty fair. Don't you?" With that he puts his thumbs in his belt and rocks back on his heels observing you both while tracing over the hilt of his cudgle on one hilt and his longsword on the other with his fingers.
    (OOC: Your wounds are all healed. However you will have a -1 to all rolls until you rest due to last night and the amount of alcohol consumed followed by being unconcious instead of sleeping.)

Everyone
    Spoiler
    Show
    The next day comes quickly on the heels of a glorious sunrise a testament that the day will be an aggrivatingly bright day for most of you. Everyone gets 100xp for their various rp and defeating encounters. 50 bonus xp goes to Daffyd for writing and posting those songs.
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-02-25 at 02:30 PM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lars gives his morning devotional to the Forest Lord, and then makes his way to Madame Mvashti's front door. Not wanting to anger his hostess, he looks for lights and signs of movement before tapping lightly on the door.

P'raps we'll have a walk today, see the fair...I might even have a bath! Since patience is a virtue of wisdom, he'd allow his mission to unfold itself..

Spoiler
    Show
    Lars doesn't change his spell selection.

9. - Top - End - #39

DwarfClericGuy

Daffyd

Rising refreshed after a pleasant evening of songs and merriment, Daffyd re-gathers his possessions and quits the room. Entering the common room, Daffyd makes brief, but pleasant conversation with the serving staff, securing a meal to go, as well as a treat for Sétanta.

Leaving the inn, Daffyd makes his way for the edge of town, whistling shrilly as he crosses over the treeline, summoning his errant companion. Selecting a nice, sun-dappled grove, he sets aside his provisions, and begins his morning prayer rituals.

Spoiler
    Show

No spell changes
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

"Aye sir. Sorry fer gettin' caught up in the whole mess of it. "

The stout fellow rights himself and upon regaining his gear quickly dons his fur overcoat. Chilled to the bone he is. While breaking his fast he turn to Jubrayl, "Well Towny, it seems you didn't get yer stories, I hardly got me ale and we're both out a good nights sleep. Ha! Perhaps ta make up fer it all you can show me around this festival of yours and maybe find me a way ta make a few coin. What do ya say to that?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Of course, Sheriff Hemlock, it wont happen again."

Outside. "You know, he is all grumpy and all that, but it's just for show. He and Lady Kaye are like this", he puts the left and right index fingers together parallel to each other, "but he doesn't want anyone to know. The whole "showing emotions is a weakness" thing, that's the kind of man he is. Still wouldn't say that to his face though."

"Outch, isn't there something you can do about hangovers? Gah!"
    Jubrayl says, more to himself then to Grak'n though.

"I was thinking about having breakfeast, I'm starving. You're invited, mom and dad wont be home around this time, and Wicky is fine with it. And after that I can show you around town and the festival. Sounds good?"

12. - Top - End - #42

Grak'n

"A bit more food never hurt, sounds good," the dwarf matches Jubrayl's pace. "I always found a good boot to the ass always clears up the noddin' a bit. My cousin was always willin' ta lend a foot..." he trails off at the thought of his cousins.

"Bah, anyway, lead on Towny"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

You soon reach the modest dwelling and smells of breakfast, a wonderful aroma in your current state reach to you beckoning you closer. A stern face woman however blocks the path to the tabe that is just inside ladden with all sorts of wouth wataering breakfast edibles.

Jubrayl the last time you saw your mom this mad was when your dad was laid off for 2 weeks and never told her. This might not be the best time to introduce company. However if she is anything like most mothers her Martha Stuart insticts might save you from a scolding while a guest is present, so it might just be the best time for company. Either way she doesn't look happy and you're bound to get an earful at some point.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

14. - Top - End - #44

DwarfClericGuy

Daffyd

Daffyd shares his breakfast with his companion, and repacks his things, heading back into town. Sétanta at his side, Daffyd wanders around the early-morning streets fo Sandpointe, taking in the preparations.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

The number of stalls and tables ladden with all sorts of exotic wares that seem to have sprung up overnight is astonishing given the early hour. (about mid-morning) As you walk around you see people setting up a portable stage near the entrance to the new church to be consecrated. Others rush around posting fliers and still others can be seen practicing speeches and the like. (although the later are mostly officious looking sorts of the wealthy variety)

FLYER
    Spoiler
    Show
    The contents of the flyers are rather boring and mostly contain times of speaches and such mundane details. The bonfire is the only noteworthy event of interest unless you would like to be present for the speeches and free lunch that will follow. Finishing off with the re-consecration of the new temple and then a service. The festivities should continue all day and then end in time for the real party to start. The bonfire.

((OOC))There should be about an hour left before the speeches actually start. If anyone wants to go exploring or travel around town etc. Let me know.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lars heads outside of town to see Taj. They hunt together for a time, and Lars makes another fire to cook their catch--another rabbit. He washes in a nearby stream after lunch.

Right about an hour before the speeches, Lars heads back into town with Taj perched on his shoulder. He stops at the Cracked tooth and has one beer.

Ey, Barkeep. You heard 'bout anything odd or dangerous happening 'round these parts?

Spoiler
    Show

Lars asks the barkeep if he knows about any trouble around town. [gather information (1d20-2)[4]

When the speeches start, he walks around the perimiter of the crowd, looking for anything suspicious.
    spot (1d20+4)[8] listen(1d20+8)[12]

Last edited by Zed's Dead; 2008-02-27 at 09:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

DwarfClericGuy

Daffyd

Fascinated by the pomp and bluster of the people in this town, Daffyd anders taking it all in. After a time, he realizes that he should at least make some effort to complete his mission, he wanders through various apothecary and herbalism stalls, asking after the greenberry and generally talking shop, the wolf sedately following him.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jubrayl

"Hi Mom, you look lovely today. How's dad?"

Trying his best "I'm-so-happy-to-see-you-smile", Jubrayl gives her a hug and a peck on the cheek, then turns to Grak'n.

"Mom, allow me to introduce you to Grak'n Janderhoff. He saved my neck yesterday when a few drunken thugs tried to beat me up at the tavern, so I thought I could invite him for breakfeast in return. I hope that's okay for you? He has traveled alot and has some great stories to tell of the places he has been to, too."

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy (1d20+9)[11]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

"The tavern?" Which one? Nevermind... I don't even want to know do i?" She asks in a tone that says the question was rhetorical. "Your father has been chopping wood all morning because 'someone' didn't do it like he was asked. I mean honestly, all we ask you to do is a few things around here..." She continues talking but as she moves inside to continue with getting things ready her voice trails off. "...a nice young girl and a place of your own..." You hear as she moves around and her voice carries momentarily as she passes the doorway.

The breakfast passes quickly without incident and although your mother seems happy to have company you feel an underlying tension in her voice and actions. Your father appear haggard and tired. Not the energetic 'i can do anything' type of hero you had always seen him as when you were younger. As the hours tick away you notice that the sun is nearing midmorning and you will need to be on your way to arrive in time to take part in the festival. If you hurry you might even be able to arrive in time for the opening speaches.

Lars
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Nothing special" The bartender says as he polishes a mug with spittle and a rag. "Same stories as before, so and so hears things in their atic, a few dogs have gone missing, the usual stuff but nothing to get excited about." He goes back to his work and lets you enjoy your pint in silence.

Daffyd
    Spoiler
    Show
    Finding the herbs you require is suprisingly easy and in no time you are being greeted by Mayor Deverin with a feverish handshake and a warm smile. Motioning to several stalls you get the impression that this will be a very fun festival.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

20. - Top - End - #50

Grak'n thanks his hosts and waits for Jubrayl before making his way to the speeches in the hopes one of them is a job offering.

((sorry it's short, I need to fly off to me conference))

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lars breathed a silent sigh of relief.

He was used to folks actually getting angry when he asked questions. Maybe it was the wash in the stream.

Lars finished his pint, paid the man, and walked out into the street. He looks for a spot where he can see the crowd well--someplace above the heads and shoulders of the tall folk.

Per'aps a tall porch, or even a tree with low branches...

Spoiler
    Show
    to spot an unobtrusive location from which to watch the proceedings: (1d20+4)[20]

22. - Top - End - #52

DwarfClericGuy

Daffyd

Surprised to so easily acquire the samples he's been looking for for the past year, Daffyd thanks the merchant profusely before wandering off the enjoy the energy of the crowd. Carthac wanted me to test their viability as a medicinal herb, but I'm sure that can wait another day. Everyone seems so happy and excited...Come on, Setanta... Let's see what's going on.

Daffyd works his way into the throng, politely interested in the speeches, for the moment, at least.
    Gaming Nirvana

My games:
    The Age of Worms IC/OoC
    The Scarred Lands IC/OoC

My Homebrew:
    The Serial Killer

My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jubrayl accompanies Grak'n to the festival, turning it into a small sightseeing-tour through the town including names, places and quite a healthy amount of gossip. As they reach their destination, Jubray turns to Grak'n and asks "I can keep an eye open for job offers for you, but in what kind of trade are you in anyway?"

24. - Top - End - #54

"Hmm?..." Grak'n focuses at the question (he drifted off a little during the gossiping, "Ah, well lad, I'm good at protectin'. Course I spend some time in the mines too, a few decades at most, but most a me time is spend protectin' the mine, protectin' the excavations. ."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jubrayl

"Decades? Uhh, I didn't know you were such an old man. If you had said so earlier, I wouldn't have walked so fast." Jubrayl says with a teasing undertone. "But we are here now anyway, lets see if we can catch some of the speeches, and I'll talk to some people afterwards and see if I can find you some work."
    Last edited by Segial; 2008-03-04 at 01:42 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Grak'n nods to the lad and then wanders the through the crowds, more interested in the people populating the area than the speeches.

Spoiler
    Show
    spot (1d20+3)[8] listen (1d20+3)[13] looking to overhear or oversee someone looking for workers/guards/help

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lars Larch, the Bastard of the Woods

Lars finds a tree with incredibly low-slung branches and manages to scramble up it. Taj perches several branches up, watching and calling out to him in a peculiar way that sounds something like laughter.

Spoiler
    Show

Lars watches the crowd closely for anything unusual or out of place.

Spot (1d20+4)[8] and Listen (1d20+8)[26]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Orc in the Playground

The crowd seems to quiet down in anticipation as you see four figures stride onto the makeshift stage. One or two might be recognizable to those of you who have interacted with them or some very slight use of deduction skills. The large man with the shiny star pinned to his vest with weapons and armor bulging underneath in a way meant to not attract attention but failing to do so is the sherif Hemlock. The others in no particular order are Mayor Deverin, Cyrdak Drokkus, and Father Zantus.

Lars
    Spoiler
    Show
    You eye a suspicious looking man with a cowl up even though it's midday moving through the crowd away from the stage and clearly uninterested in the speeches going on as he hurries off.

Grak'n
    Spoiler
    Show
    Despite numerous attempts to find gainful employment it seems that for everyone here there is more talk about the taverns and what they will offer today for lunch and the other festivities to take place than anything to do with work. You suppose it IS a holiday and perhaps work will present itself after the free food and beverages promised at noon.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lars Larch

Lars clumsily makes his way down the tree and follows the suspicious-looking character. Taj flies overhead.

30. - Top - End - #60

Grak'n reserves himself to leaning against some barrels and listening to the activities of the day.