New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Eberron: Merylsward Exhumed

Orestes

Orestes loads a bolt and fires his crossbow from the cover of the door. He looks for whatever brigand gives him the clearest shot. He also scans about for a leaderly looking one to cast his sleep spell on.
    I roll 20s

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

Delan attempts to draw the attention of the bandits (intimidate check) and manages to get them to turn around. He casts his infusion and a magical shield springs to life around him, provoking an attack of opportunity from the nearest bandit. Fortunately his attack misses.

OOG: Aesop, you have to declare which Bardic Music ability you are using so I don’t mess it up.

Aesop begins his bardic poem and fires off an arrow at the already injured bowman. Luckily his arrow strikes true and the bandit’s limp body drops to the ground, caught up in the roots. Orestes likewise attempts a ranged assault but misses his target. The bolt goes flying by the man’s shoulder and lands with a thud into the wall. Wrex hurls his ax and nails one of the bandits square in the chest. The force of the blow knocks the poor bastard backwards and sends him slamming to the ground, hinged on his rooted feet (critical!). Khayla stands by and watches the scene, unsure of what to do. Still no sign of Bin. The two living (and unhampered) guards both take a swing at Delan. One’s swing goes wide but the other’s strikes true for 5 points of damage.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Aesop

OOG: Yeah, I was Inspiring Courage. I threw that in in an edit after I realized I forgot, but I should probably have made it a little more prominent. Sorry.

Aesop nods with satisfaction to see his target go down, but furrows his brow to see that the remaining targets, being currently in melee, will be harder to hit, and he's actually at risk of hitting Delan. Well, nothing ventured... Continuing the story (he's just getting to the part where the bandit remorsefully and overdramatically wishes he hadn't robbed all those people), he fires off another shot, this one at the guy who just hit Delan.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Delan tries to break free.
    Last edited by captain_decadence; 2008-08-07 at 06:47 PM.
    You're part of something larger now. It's like you've been eaten...by something larger.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

you can break free as a full round action

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/entangle.htm

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

Orestes loads and fires another bolt, trying to distract the bandits attacking Delan.
    I roll 20s

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Aided by the bardic music, our two archers are able to take down both of the bandits. With all threats eliminated, Khayla waves her hand and dismisses the entangle spell.

OOG: Alright, time to get this up and running again. You all just gained enough experience to level up. I'd like it if you all took over your character sheets since it's a pain to keep track of. I think I have Aesop and Orestes made up already, but you should consider making your own anyways. If this game is just plain dead, I understand

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

OOG: Woo-hoo level up.

Delan looks down at the bandits and wonders how he should feel. On one hand, he helped bring about their death but they also would have done much more harm if allowed to live. While this question has been posed to him before, he has always had trouble with it.

Shaking his head, he dismisses philosophy for now. "We should search this base and get as much information as possible from this base."

Delan moves into the house and begins to search the contents for anything that might provide more information. He also piles up valuables to split amongst his fellows.
    You're part of something larger now. It's like you've been eaten...by something larger.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

OOG: Sweet, level 3. Here's Aesop's new character sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=79692

Aesop

Aesop sighs and puts his bow away. He's pretty sure none of those guys was Baron Moss himself. The operation is perhaps crippled, but sure not dead yet. He nods to Delan. "Wonder if the Baron himself is somewhere in there. Let's take a look, and if we can't find him we'll just have to ask a few more questions of our friend we left out front." Drawing his sword, Aesop searches the house room-by room, doing so stealthily in case anyone is still inside.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

Orestes

Orestes assists his compatriots in searching the building for anything interesting, specifically plans or maps of some sort. After they're done he folds his arms, rubbing his dragonmark somewhat nervously through his sleeve. "If we can't occupy this place, perhaps we should, hm, get rid of it. Burn it, blow it up, send it to a pocket plane. Something. It's best our work doesn't become unworked."
    I roll 20s

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

A quick search of the compound reveals that there are no more bandits around. You find that the barn has been used as a storage center for captured goods. Several wagons ladened with goods, supplies, and assorted town-building tools seem packed and ready for movement. Buzzing the house you find that the place is stocked with food and beds to house a dozen or so people. In one small room you find a small office where the administrative aspects of the operation were handled. You take a large log book and several maps off the walls, some marking ambush points and other bandit compounds. A medium sized chest also resides in the room, though it is locked. If you'd like there are several person lockers of the bandits you could raid.

OOG: Red Ring of Death! NOOOOOO!

OOG2: I'm going to have you start doing your own rolls for searching and combat and such. The rolling system on the server is [roll]#d#[/roll]. We will implement that once your sheets are all up to date.