New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Intrepid Explorations IC

Trahan

As Trahan come up from below deck he see Lydia attending to Edlyn. Once she has finished he moves over and introduces himself. Hello, I'm Trahan, welcoms to our small group.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thornvile Visit my City, and get your own started.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Oh hey it's the cleric. When you get done can you look over the captain? He gestures in the direction of the cabin. We pumped her full of antivenom and she's walking around fine, but we'd like to be sure. says a tall, well-muscled, tatooed man with obvious orcish heritage in a half distracted voice. Edlyn can you get her settled in, I have to go deal with some of the other passengers. Seems Lewis's girl got pregnant the last time we were here, which gums up everything. And there's those Ozman defectors. See you guys later. Hello Mr. Abaya. Yes, yes, we know...

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lydia

"No, it's not bad." Lydia agrees, though her brow remains furrowed. After examining the wound for a few moments, she takes hold of Edlyn's arm just above the burn. A cooling light glows from her fingers to the inflamed region, repairing the damaged tissue.

The cleric smiles up at the tavernkeep's daughter. "That's better." Then she quickly turns away to recollect her baggage, acknowledging Trahan only in passing, without looking up. "Trahan... you're not the captain."

"Medicines like antivenom can suppress obvious symptoms without curing the root cause. Where's the-" Lydia looks to the tattooed man, clearly too busy shepherding passengers to pay her any heed, "captain?"

Without an answer, she stands uncertainly in place, and redirects the question to Edlyn if she approaches.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heal - (1d20+7)[9] to determine the severity of injury, followed by Cure Minor Wounds if only one point of healing is needed, or Cure Light Wounds if the damage is more serious.
    Last edited by Severedevil; 2008-07-11 at 12:28 AM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Gil playing with Click nearby overhears the newcomers question. The captian is in her cabin right now, she is probley resting from wounds but you should check on her. Gil then points to the cabin, then goes back to playing with Click.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

If/when Lydia gets around to the captains cabin she finds a tall women with short blonde hair looking over several maps or something nautical like that. You check her for symptoms but she seems perfectly fine to you.

And then the ship moves on.

Another few days of sailing pass, while you see other islands off in the distance until you pass one rocky spire, and then for several days you see none at all. After that nothing happens for several days, though Anya and the first mates stare at each passing cloud suspiciously. If asked, they exlplain that this stretch of ocean between the new colony and the old is prone to storms.

Then you finally reach your new home! When it begins to appear on the horizon you are suprised to see that it is far bigger then many of the islands you saw on your way here. The ship pulls in towards a bay, but has to put out boats to land everyone. You are rowed up to shore and follow a short dirt path into the town. It's built in a semi circle, with a wooden palliside around the curve and a small river along the straight edge. Around it the forest has cut back to make way for farmland. Inside you find many log buildings, and you are sent off to explore.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Barbarian in the Playground

Edlyn, now dressed in clothes that still emphasize her generous curves but are far more suitable for exploration, seeks out the cleric when they land on the shore of their new home.

"Hey Lydia, why don't I help you find the infirmary and get settled in?" Not waiting for the other woman's answer, she set out directly toward the villiage, only making a slight detour to avoid "the puppies" as she had mentally dubbed the two young men who followed her around whenever she let them. After the trouble she had ditching them the last time she let them see her, she didn't want to have them hanging on just when she could finally do some real exploring in her new territory.
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-07-25 at 09:32 AM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #367
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Tarhan

To Gil, Kronik and Shifty he says So are you Gents up for exploring?
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Lonna (and Lydia?): You find that most of the important buildings are right along the river. You find the infirmary/small chapel right between the inn and a building that seems to be a general store.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifty

Shifty, visibly relieved to be back on solid ground, nods at Trahan's suggestion. "Aye, I feel the need to walk around a bit, stretch my legs again... Should we wait on the women first?"

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Sure, anywhere you want to go first? Gil says as he gets off the boat. I think the two girls are already exploring, Shifty. Click jumps off of Gil and starts running around the group, clearly happy to be free to do so agian.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lydia

After a brisk medical examination, Lydia pronounces the captain to be in good health. Averting her eyes, she greets the captain and presents her with a short note in a clean hand, and flees to her new quarters.

Spoiler
    Show
    To whom it may concern,

You have contracted the services of Lydia, a member of our holy order. She is a capable healer and scholar, and will not disappoint. However, in this employment there are several responsibilities you must accept.

You agree to protect her from exploitation, to provide food and other necessities, and to make certain she eats on a regularly. If your line of works presents serious danger, you agree to protect her from harm to the best of your ability.

Please take adequate care of Lydia while she remains in your charge. The Church would also appreciate if you would remind her to spread the word of Pelor.

-Father Tobb

During the voyage, Lydia awakens each day before the sun to run laps around the deck. Instead of thick robes, she wears a sleeveless cotton undershirt in a faded-green color, and ties her hair back with a red ribbon. After an hour, she stops to stretch and begin daily prayers to the sun.

Lydia resumes her robes to depart the ship, and hovers around waiting for direction. "Hmm? Oh, of course." she follows Edlyn agreeably through town, glad that someone knows the way around.
    Last edited by Severedevil; 2008-07-28 at 02:24 AM.

12. - Top - End - #372

Edlyn

Stopping in front of the small chapel and infirmary, Edlyn looked over at Lydia. "Well, it looks like this is your stop. Holler if you need anything; I'll be around here chatting up our new neighbors."

With that Edlyn headed toward the inn, automatically falling into a seemingly casual stride which was intended to attract the eyes of all sexually mature human males - and did. It was time to find out more about this new territory.

Spoiler
    Show

Gather Info - (1d20+9)[24]
    Looking for any interesting rumors, plus general thoughts about, attitudes toward, and expectations of the new colonists.
    Edit: I love my Gather Info modifier. Now if only I could put some ranks in sense motive I'd be set!
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-07-28 at 11:41 PM.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

To his companions Trahan, says well lets see what they got in this town, and sets out to see what in this new place.

( OCC: I guess we need to now what is in this outpost)
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

For everyone who pokes around: It's a new outpost, so most of the people are just getting settled in. It seems that many of the houses are premade, but empty and awaiting new settlers. In the central area bordering the river there is an inn, an infirmary/chapal, a general goods store, a primative wizards lab being set up by Lewis, a blacksmith, and a large building that contains the Luther's residence, most of the administrative stuff, and the modest armory. The people here are mostly divided into to camps, the farmers and tradesmen, who just get by, and the soldiers, who are more closely tied to the CTC.

Lonna:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You discover some stuff that seems important too everyone else, like that the new island is far bigger then most of the others, and that the crops being grow here are far more oriented towards food then money. More interesting to you are comments about a scouting party that went north up the coast and then wouldn't say anything to any one about what they found. In fact, they're all holed up with Luther right now...

15. - Top - End - #375

Edlyn

Curious about what was so important that only Luther was allowed to hear about it, Edlyn immediately headed over to the large building that held his rooms and the bulk of the administration, hoping to find a way to eavesdrop on the conversation.

Spoiler
    Show
    As necessary:
    Move Silently - (1d20+8)[13]
    Hide - (1d20+8)[23]
    Listen - (1d20+1)[18]
    Any other necessary rolls feel free to roll for me.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Lonna
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lonna shimies up to a second story window and manages to peer into it undetected. Since glass is at a premium, she can hear everything being said, though all she can see is Luthers back and several others as they cluster around a table.

Alright, so it's over here?
    Yeah, right on top of that hill. Uh, sir.
    And you are certain it's not natural?
    We didn't get to close, sir, we just saw it and came back to report to Ali.
    Alright, you head around south, you follow the river, I'll find some people to deal with the... thing.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifty

Yawns a bit, looks up at Gil and Trahan. "Maybe we should ask someone for something that needs doin', rather than wandering blindly through the wilderness without any focus?"

Shifty's eyes glint a bit. "Besides, work means gold"

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Well, how about we split up to search and meet in the chapel in a half-hour? We can decide what to do from there. Gil says to Shifty.

Anyways I'm off to see if Lewis needs any help. Gil adds before walking away. Click will stay with Shifty in case they need to get ahold of Gil quickly.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

You find Lewis unloading some of his delicate magical equipment.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Trahan.

Looking around at the other two, your probably right shifty, besides if this is a new outpost i doubt thay have much in the way of supplies. Waving to Gil, Ok we will meet you there in a half hour. Well Shifty lets look for Anya or Luther maybe they might have something for us to take care of.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Hey Lewis, need any help? Gil says as he walks up to Lewis.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hmm... take this box and put it on the cart, and try to make sure those sailors don't break it on the way back to town. I've got to go say goodbye to Leo, the Seahawk is leaving on the tide.
    You manhandle the box to the cart (roll a strength check. Nah...) and carefully set it down. Then you hop onto the cart and find yourself sitting next to a slightly pregnant woman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did I ever use a color for Lewis? He's a named NPC but somehow I don't think I have... Can't remember. Oh well, I guess I'll go with Olive

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifty

Shifty has nothing that he can think needs doing, unless this town needs professional miners. He saunters over to the inn, having not had a decent pint in weeks.

"Two pints, barkeep, one for me and the other for... me!" He says brightly before taking a seat in a corner table.

He will listen in on any conversations in the bar, to see if anyone needs expert adventurer help.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20+5)[21]

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Aha! A dwarf! Finally. I could use the custom, no? These farmer's brew their own rot and the human soldiers, they can not keep their ale. The sailors do well but they're in and then out, you know? Here, two pints.

It's not exactly rush hour in here, and all you see are some sailors quickly downing a quick drink before they have to rush off.

25. - Top - End - #385

Edlyn considered asking Luther what was going on, but thought better of it. He probably wouldn't tell her anyway. Thoughtfully she headed back to the inn, hoping to find one of the others (or at least some more rumors). Spotting Shifty in she goes and sits down next to him. "May I?" she asks, pointing at his second pint of beer - the one he hasn't started on yet. "I only want a mouthful."
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-08-08 at 06:18 AM.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

"I never figured ye for the drinkin' type, lass. But go ahead, help yourself."

Shifty lifts the mug to his mouth and drinks down half of the contents. He slams the mug on the table with a satisfied sigh. It is about as good as one could hope from Human vintage. He was a little crestfallen when the innkeeper hinted that he was the only Dwarf in the colony, but he was also happy to set a precedent.

Shifty finishes off his pint with another long draught, and starts tapping the empty mug against the table. "You may be needing to bring another one over, innkeeper!"

Shifty turns his attention back to Edlyn, obviously wanting his mug back after Edlyn takes her sip. "Anything you find out about whats goin' on behind the scenes? You know that Ol' Shifty has got your back."

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Gil does as Lewis asks and while riding on the cart begins idelly chatting with the women, trying to get her to tell him any problems or fears that the people are worried about.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll try a gather info check (d20+3)[12]
    Just in case your wondering I get +2 on gather info from being a half-elf.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

She is not terribly helpful, and the answer to most of your questions boil down to "The NTC is a real problem." and "This new island is amazing."

29. - Top - End - #389
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Trahan

After exploring town, Trahan heads to the inn and sits down to join Shifty and Edlyn. As he sits down he saysSeems pretty uneventful here so far
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Hey barkeep, you seen... oh nevermind. Shifty, Lonna, Trahan, go find Lydia and Gil will you, and take them up to my house, alright?