New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGirl

Default Re: Intrepid Explorations IC

Kronork doesn't say anything, just reaches into his pants and pulls forth the papers Click gave him. With a look of mild annoyance, he hands them to Gil, seeming to expect some kind of explanation for why he has them in the first place.
    Public education: mind control for the masses.
    Organized religion: brainwash for the soul.
    National government: forced morality for the people.

A truly great mind is one that thinks for itself.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Trahan

Well we seem to have plenty of time, seens we are out on the open Ocean. If you think it would take to long then you could give me a condensed version.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thornvile Visit my City, and get your own started.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Alright. she glances at the hourglass by the wheel. Just let me get my maps.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Lonna turns the page oner in her hand, and ***** her head sideways. As far as she can make out the coded passages are pointing to something buried. The crossed sword signs obviously point to battlefields and the many of coded lists are right next to them. Odd, no?

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Gil studies the papers for a few seconds before looking up Well I don't have a clue what anything on this map means, did you learn anything Edlyn? By the way Kornork thanks for taking care of the map.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

"Yes actually," says Edlyn, "It's a treasure map." Pointing to the coded lists she adds, "I can't read any of it, but these are clearly lists of spoils from battle. I think the rest of the code tells where those items are buried now. Or at least where they used to be buried. Where did Click get this anyway? And why did he give it to Kronork instead of you?"
    Last edited by Lonna; 2008-04-08 at 03:56 AM.
    I started a blog!
    Beware of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup...

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to Kasanip for the great avatar of Pyrene!
    Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217

RogueGirl

Kronork watches the two deliberate over the map in slack-jawed amazement. When Edlyn explains what she thinks the code means, his opinion of her grows greatly.

When Gil thanks him for keeping the map he grunts, and when Edlyn asks Gil why he had Click give Kronork the map, he snorts in annoyance, placing his hands on his hips.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifty

Shifty notices the rest of the party ogling over a bit of paper, sighs, and then decides to join them.

"Whats all this then?"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

To Trahan:
    Anya comes back out of her cabin, at first a bit confused, but by the time she gets to you it's crystalized into anger. How's this. I'll tell you my story if you find my chart. I'll tell my WHOLE story if you find out who stole my chart. And I'll tell you evrything if you tell me why they stole my chart.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

Well after Kornork told us that he didn't belive us I sent Click to go find proof and then to bring said proof to Kornork. However Click probley just picked up the first important papers he found. Once Sifty comes over Gil cuts himself off and looks at Edlyn
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Well after Kornork told us that he didn't belive us I sent Click to go find proof and then to bring said proof to Kornork. However Click probley just picked up the first important papers he found. Once Shifty comes over Gil cuts himself off and looks at Edlyn
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter
    "Whats all this then?"
    Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn sighs. "Shifty, you might be better off not knowing. I'm not saying you have to go, but we are in a delicate situation, and it could land all of us in hot water." If he decides to stay, she gives him a brief summary of the situation; if not she waits until he is out of earshot before continuing. Then she turns back to Gil. "Where did you send Click in order to get this paper? And exactly how likely is it that someone will discover that this 'imortant paper' is missing and come looking for it?" Her voice is perfectly level, but there is a hint of annoyance in her eyes.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifty

"Well, Lass,"
    Shifty says. "I can indeed go back to my sleeping, but my bones are aching for a bit o' trouble if you catch my meaning. You fellows are the closest I have to friends in this venture, so if you have found yourself in a bit of a jam I will have to do what I can to help."

Shifty crosses his arms.

"And if you know anything of the stubbornness of Dwarves..." He smiles, listening to what Edlyn has to say about the situation.
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-04-08 at 08:46 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Judging by the look on Anya's face a while ago, I'd say that the map is already being missed, and that should answer your other question as well. It should be no problem, all we have to do is return the map before anyone asks us about it. Here is my plan, I will go talk to Luther while Edlyn walks over to the capian's quarters. Click will be with you holding the papers. Kornork and Shifty I suggest you two just leave for where ever you want to go. When you get close to the doors Click will run forward and place the papers back in the captain's room. If for some reason this fails then I'll meet up with you and destroy the papers. Either way nothing will connect us to the theft so no suspecion will fall upon us. While he saying this Gil looks from face to face searching for any objections or emotions that might hinder the plan.

OOC: If Shifty left then he can ignore that part.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Trahan

Looking confused Trahan says Charts? Who would steel such a thing? Are these important?

Let me look around maybe I can find something that might lead me to who stole them?
    After saying this Trahan realizes that the only people snooping around the ship were the members of the party.

Spoiler
    Show

track - (1d20+4)[23]
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225

RogueGirl

Kronork is gritting his teeth during Gil's explanation of where he got the charts, and when he suggest Kronork leave, he does just that. Growls and stomps away, extremely angry by the implication that he could be in serious trouble with the captain of the ship for Gil's actions.

He won't sprint off, so if anyone wants to call him back, he might stop.

16. - Top - End - #226

Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn's eyebrows shoot up at the mention of Anya's name, and she looks less and less pleased as Gil continues speaking. "No suspicion?" she repeats incredulously. "How is there no suspicion if I'm seen near the captain's quarters just before the document re-appears? How is there no suspicion if someone sees me with Click, or already saw him near Kronork? Thanks to that scene on deck we three are already linked in Luther's mind, and he doesn't strike me as the kind to forget details like that. Until we know what's going on on this ship we have to keep a low profile - taking important papers from the captain's cabin is not keeping a low profile! And I'm the one most likely to be noticed if we try this plan of yours. Well, I'm not going to put my neck on the chopping block for a chance to fix your mistake."
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

IR trahan: Hey, the deal was you tell me. she her lips twitch towards a smile. Now I'm going to go talk to Luther about this.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trahan only. Want to try and eavesdrop? Hide/listen checks.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Pausing after she passes, Trahan thinks the opportunity to gather some info is to tempting to pass up.

Spoiler
    Show

hide - (1d20+4)[19]
    listen - (1d20+4)[24]

OCC: Sweet rolls
    Last edited by Thalmor; 2008-04-09 at 03:42 PM.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

For Trahan.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nice. You turn as if to leave but then jump sideways under a big pile of canvas right next to them.
    Anya: ... proves it. We got a spy in the passengers.
    Luther: Oh gods and to think... oh well. Tell anyone yet?
    Anya: Yeah, might as well let the guy get antsy. Maybe he'll mess up again.
    Luther: Mess up? But... he got your charts.
    Anya: Which are coded. Took me years to take all those soundings, but they're all in off NTC islands anyway. Except for that one deep water and uh... her voice drops to a whisper (thank god for the natrual 20) The new landing.
    Luther: WHAT!
    Anya Just the depth soundings in code. In code and not on the map. I'm not pissed cause he took something useful to him. I'm pissed cause he took something useful to me. Almost five years of work on that chart. Damn. Look, we'll have everyone watching everyone.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Thinking to himself, what is so important that she had to write everything in code. The more I seem to lear the more convulted it seems to get. I best find the group and hope one of them didn't take this map.

Once they move away I will wait for a bit, before leaving my hiding place, and trying to find the reast of the party. When I do I will brief them on what happened and then discuss our options
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231

RogueGirl

Kronork is once again swaying gently on his hammock, his hands behind his head, a huge frown digging its way across his face. He is humming softly to himself, clearly trying to calm his temper.

22. - Top - End - #232

Edlyn waits for a response from Gil or Shifty, and getting none, follows Kronork's example and stalks off to her hammock, where she sits facing carefully away from Gil, flipping her unsheathed belt dagger in one hand.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Trahan

Upon entering the area assigned to the party Trahan is seems very pleased with himself, until he notices the apparent mood amongst his party members.

He quickly surveys the room quickly, and knowing that time is of the essence he he decides his best approach is to bring Edlyn on side first.

He will approach her to see why everyone seems to be in a foul mood, and once she does he will brief her on the info he found out ( OCC: all conversations he has with her will be wispered tones). Once he finds out that it was indeed click that did take the chart thats when he mentions the plan about the overly exerubent familiar.
    Last edited by Thalmor; 2008-04-10 at 03:34 PM.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Thalmor View Post
    Trahan

Upon entering the area assigned to the party Trahan is seems very pleased with himself, until he notices the apparent mood amongst his party members.

He quickly surveys the room quickly, and knowing that time is of the essence he he decides his best approach is to bring Edlyn on side first.

He will approach her to see why everyone seems to be in a foul mood, and once she does he will brief her on the info he found out ( OCC: all conversations he has with her will be wispered tones). Once he finds out that it was indeed click that did take the chart thats when he mentions the plan about the overly exerubent familiar.
    Edlyn explains quickly and susinctly, though with some annoyance in her voice when she describes Gil's plan for returning the document, particularly her part in it. When Trahan proposed his alternate idea, she thinks it over, then shrugs.

"Well, it's less risky than Gil's plan, but given how upset you said Anya was, it's could still land Gil - and the rest of us by association - on the chopping block. Still, I can't think of anything better, so we'd best see what the others think of the idea. You explain it to Gil; I'll tell Kronork what's happening."

Assuming Trahan doesn't have anything to add, she'll sheath her dagger with a flourish, then head over to Kronork and update him on the situation. It is clear from her tone that she's still annoyed with Gil for getting them into this situation in the first place.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Trahan

Nodding in agreement with Edlyn, Trahan says it probably be best if we return the charts as a group, this way it would show solidarity amongst us. Thinking to himself I hope I'm not going end up always being the peace keeper

Trahan then heads off to talk to Gil and explain to him, the situation and the plan.
    My Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

When Gil learns the newest plan he shrugs. Well it's not any worse then my plan, if this is what everyone thinks is best then lets go for it. If he hears about Edlyn's annoyance he will just smile and sayI don't understand why she's so upset, I mean I'm the one who's going to take the fall here no matter what happens, at worst I've inconvinced them but in that I'd probley be dead so I think I'm at a bit more risk then them.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

27. - Top - End - #237

RogueGirl

Kronork doesn't listen very carefully, trying to keep his distance from the whole thing. When she finishes speaking he hardly notices and then finally says All that matters to me is that I not find myself punished for being involved with him. I wanted nothing to do with these activities and if his recklessness lands me in any kind of trouble, there will be hell to pay.

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Skinshifter View Post
    Kronork doesn't listen very carefully, trying to keep his distance from the whole thing. When she finishes speaking he hardly notices and then finally says All that matters to me is that I not find myself punished for being involved with him. I wanted nothing to do with these activities and if his recklessness lands me in any kind of trouble, there will be hell to pay.
    Edlyn 'Catfoot' Hosteler

Edlyn nods, not really surprised by Kronork's reaction. "I don't blame you for backing out. Frankly, if I'd do the same if I didn't think the others would somehow manage to say the wrong thing and get me in trouble anyway. Besides, now that I know the chart exists, I want to find out what that thrice be-damned code means." Watching Gil and Trahan from the corner of her eye, her voice abruptly becomes cold. "Believe you me, if this goes afoul, Gil had better watch his back."

Unless Kronork says something, Edlyn pauses for a moment, then nods to him with a small smile that gives no hint of her earlier coldness. Then she heads over to Gil and Trahan and says "Kronork has decided to stay down here when we take the chart back." Her tone is neutral - not enthusiastic but also not annoyed.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Shifty

Shifty watches the proceedings with interest. When Edlyn returns he glances at her. "What part should I play in this charade, lass? And try not to be too hard on Gil, I think we can all understand the motivaitons of greed and curiousity."

Gil winks at Edlyn. "Like a cat..."

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Shifty

Shifty watches the proceedings with interest. When Edlyn returns he glances at her. "What part should I play in this charade, lass? And try not to be too hard on Gil, I think we can all understand the motivaitons of greed and curiousity."

Gil winks at Edlyn. "Like a cat..."
    Edlyn

Edlyn shrugs casually. "Ask Trahan, it's his plan. I'm just tagging along to keep you boys out of trouble." She ignores Shifty's second remark. Like a cat, she's also very good at selective hearing.
    I started a blog!

My Player Profile

My current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show

Full version:
    Spoiler
    Show