Thread: Serendipity

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Serendipity

Darius

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+8)[11] (that includes the +5 bonus, and a hearty thank you to our DM for that!)

AC: 16 (13 touch)
    SAVES: Fort: +3 Ref: +8 Will: +3
    HEALTH: 26 / 26

Conditions: none

So much for getting the drop on them! They're fast!

As the cultists flood through the door, Darius backpeddles in the clear area of the tunnel to keep his back to his allies.

"Trouble! Lots of trouble! Trouble with knives and swords and clawing fingers going for our eyes!"

When the first of the cultists get near him, Darius stabs at him with his rapier.

"One at a time, one at a time!

Spoiler
    Show

Darius will move 15' back up the tunnel so that his shoulder is a couple feet from Captain Tada's (on the opposite side of Yres, or if Captain Tada is next to a wall, then next to Yres) (hopefully cutting off any attempts to flank us, or at least forcing the opponent to take our attacks of opportunity if they try to flank).

Here's my attack (at whatever zealot reaches me first):

Attack: (1d20+5)[12] (crit on 18-20)
    And damage (if I hit): (1d6+2)[7]
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[20]
    And crit damage (if I crit): (1d6+2)[6]

If the zealots flood past, here's my attack of opportunity:

Attack: (1d20+5)[6] (crit on 18-20)
    And damage (if I hit): (1d6+2)[6]
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[16]
    And crit damage (if I crit): (1d6+2)[7]

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Daen

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+2)[12]

AC: 18 (14 touch)
    SAVES: Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +7
    HEALTH: 29 / 29

Remaining Spells:

Lvl 0
    Resistance
    Guidance
    Purify Food and Drink
    Virtue

Lvl 1
    Prot from Evil (domain)
    Bane
    Inhibit (SpC 123)
    Shield o' Faith

Lvl 2
    Domain: Bless (Swapped for CMW)
    Bear's Endurance
    Lastai's Caress (BoE 102)

Such fear and hatred...

His hearing slowly returning, Daen's heart fills with sorrow as all he hears is talk of bloodshed and the slaughtering of innocents. Helping Blackfur along as needed, he hastens towards the Captain as he speaks.

"My friends, can we not avoid this reckless bloodshed? Surely, Rao can show us a better way." Carefully picking his way through the rubble, he pleads with the Captain for leniency. "Captain, I realize you are a man of quick action and sharp steel. But I implore you, please: Show mercy to the helpless. There is no honor in slaughtering those who cannot defend themselves. And surely, if these men are indeed guilty of murder, should they not be brought to trial rather than murdered in kind?"

Spoiler
    Show

Daen will move as far forward (toward Darius, Yres, and Captain Tada) as he can this round through the difficult terrain (he can't run, but if he can move at triple speed, then he should be able to move 45' ahead).
    Last edited by Lazlow; 2008-03-07 at 11:44 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

Blackfur

Seeing opponents appear, the creatures oversized incisors gleam as he grins at the prospect of a kill. Retrieveing his sai, he shoots forward towards them.

Blackfur
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+3)[21]

AC: 18
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +5
    Health: (not sure, help appreciated)

Conditions: if the enemies clearly have ranged weapons, will be using Ghost step:invisible on the way, if not, I'll be using it when I get closer.
    Last edited by Zyks; 2008-03-07 at 04:01 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Force of Nature

Scrabbling over the debris inches behind the sound of their chant must’ve been tough. Gray robes and rusty weapons clawed over each other trying to be the first to get at fresh blood. The mob coalesced in front of Darius and Yres. Thirty pairs of eyes watched, time may not be standing still but the world seemed to freeze. Ten feet of breathing room, a sharp breath,

“Insignificance!” A broken and breathless war cry shivers in the face of three stern looking men. Was someone looking for perfection?

The cultists clatter against your human wall like a pile of rocks. The first three are wide-eyed farmers caught in the middle. Full of resolve they swing their weapons shouting prayers and hateful words.

Blades
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+1)[14](1d6-1)[1]
    (1d20+1)[6](1d6-1)[4]
    (1d20+1)[16](1d6-1)[2]

Spite alone was never enough. Lined up in a row they can’t swing their sickles properly and only end up getting tangled together. The men behind them start to push and the man who has no one to stop him is shoved forward. Another indistinguishable gray robed someone takes his place. There’s a sneer on her lips.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've reserved the next post.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-03-08 at 03:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Conscience

It’s just the kind of reaction Tada was looking for. “Go back to your field farmer! Killing you isn’t something-”
    “My sickle’s getting warmer! It’s the power of the human spirit! Die!” Well behind the clash someone else is already screaming over him.
    Darius came from different stock. His rapier was already a few inches redder when the Captain smashed his sword against the farmer’s sickle while he was looking somewhere else. A body crumpled on the rocks. Just ask Darius how he was laughing. He’s the very first to see the confused hysteria all over his face.
    “Haw, haw, haw it’s blood!” The color fades from his skin and his excitement turns into very real fear. “I can’t!” He’s trying to force the word breathe out but it just won’t work. Another cultist steps on his chest before he can try again while Darius is distracted with the man who’s stumbling forward. He must’ve been shoved by the crowd. Since he’s having so much trouble the rogue decides he can put a stop to the pain. Full on the moment the cultist slaps his rapier away and grinds out a retort.
    “Don’t kill me!”

Spoiler
    Show
    Cultist (1d20-3)[13]
    Tada (1d20+4)[12]

“I don’t want a knife in the side stand at my shoulder Priest. ” He’s glanced at Yres and the cultist notices. He doesn’t lose focus and keeps a tight grip on his sickle but doesn’t think to return the favour either. Maybe he didn’t know how.
    “I’m not some lightwei-
    He’s rammed from the back before he can finish. After seeing how his friend fell the cultist facing Darius actually lowers his rusty blade and tries to shove him backwards!
    Behind the melee the others are working their way forward.

“They’re going to be shoved back hurry it up!” One of the soldiers barks.

Spoiler
    Show
    You should make an opposed strength check Darius. Since you’ve already used it you don’t get to make an attack of opportunity.
    Yres can either help the captain using Aid Another to assist his strength check by adding a +2 if he beats DC 10. He might also choose to follow Tada’s instructions by stepping in front of the cultist at Darius’s side.

Everyone may take their turn now. Those who began at 30ft. are now at 75ft. using their full action to go that far last turn.

Skirmish

CCC
    TDC
    Y
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-03-08 at 04:39 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yres

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative:18

AC:17
    Saves: Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +6
    Health:16/20

Conditions:

Skipping across to the other side of the corridor, Yres spins gracefully. Emerald eyes fix upon the foe in front of him as a fist lashes out.

Spoiler
    Show

Non-lethal Unarmed Attack - (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage - (1d3+2)[5]

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Darius

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: [11]

Darius grunts with the strain of trying to hold back the flood of cultists.

"Brought to trial?" he mockingly asks the monkey scrabbling its way up the tunnel. "It's too late for a court of man for this lot. They'll stand trial before their gods!

With that, he waves a left hand at the cultist to his right, trying to distract the cultists for the split second it takes Darius to stab him in the neck with his rapier.

Spoiler
    Show

Str check: (1d20+2)[4]

Hopefully that's good enough that Darius can hold his position.

If so, Darius will stab at the cultist to his right (opposite Tada), trying to clear space for Yres. If Darius gets pushed back, he'll still stab at that same guy, assuming they don't push Darius further than 5'. If they do, he'll stab at whoever has had the gall to push him that far.

Whoever he attempts to stab, he'll use his improved feign on him to get him off balance. If he's successful (Bluff vs. Sense Motive) the cultist will lose his dex bonus to AC and Darius will get his extra 1d6 sneak attack damage.

Bluff (for improved feign): (1d20+11)[21]
    Damage (for improved feign, assuming he hits): (1d6)[1]

Attack: (1d20+5)[11] (crit on 18-20)
    And damage (if I hit): (1d6+2)[5]
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[6]
    And crit damage (if I crit): (1d6+2)[8]

And if another zealot pushes past this round, here's my attack of opportunity:

Attack: (1d20+5)[23] (crit on 18-20)
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[8]
    And crit damage (if I crit): (1d6+2)[3]

Also, I've changed from purple to red text so that Lazlow and I have more obviously different colors.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    The rest of you have rushed up the corridor and you’re currently behind Yres on the line.

(1d20)[18] – Cultist’s Raw Strength
    (1d20-1)[6] – Feint of Heart

Yres had a nasty backhand, it was all bruised and red and throbbing. To put it bluntly it was almost as ugly as the cultist’s face looked. First he reels back and doesn’t know what happened but he’s still standing. Then his wide eyes swallow the cleric and stare at him. They’re feral and scared, but it’s him or Yres. He hacks at you with his rusty sickle.

(1d20+1)[16](1d6-1)[1]

“This one knows that crazy magic stuff cut his throat or we’re done for!”
    Maybe waving your hands around like that wasn’t the smartest thought... still the bold had fortune’s favour even if it was bold stupidity. The bruised cultist looks back to answer the order and Darius flicks his blade up and pokes his throat with it. He stumbles back grabbing at it. After the undulating wall of flesh and steel swallows his body he isn’t seen again.
    The crowd forces Darius back a few steps. it’s like fighting a centipede. He couldn’t hope to do this alone. Tada didn’t think it was easy either.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The next post is reserved as usual.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-03-11 at 04:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

As soon as he realized Darius’s bad luck (the dextrous swordsman wasn’t suited to this kind of fighting?) Tada steps back with him. Two cultists catch his sword, one from the man who tried to stab at Darius and the other from the one in front of the Captain.
    Pale hair glitters as the sunlight dances across Yres, he would have grabbed at the sickle but that smirking woman is where the farmer was before. She’s licking the blood off her lips.
    “Mmm, you’re so pretty.” She’s ready to make you a little more appealing to her tastes her dreamy tone isn’t listless.
    Spoiler
    Show
    CCC
    CCC
    TDY

d B

(T)Tada
    (D)Darius
    (Y)Yres
    (d)Daen
    (B)Blackfur

Last round Tada selected Aid Another to defend Darius. The cultist used her attack action to pull the other one backwards then moved forward. Yres can try reaching into her square to grab at that sickle but he provokes more Attacks of Opportunity.

There is a Five foot space between Daen and Blackfur. They’re five feet away from their three comrades.

Heat Metal - I haven't completely forgotten it I'll write the results to you next time I post.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-03-11 at 05:30 PM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

Blackfur

Spoiler
    Show
    This will be quite an ambitious post, with multiple possiblities of failure. If it works it could have some good results though. If any of this really wouldn't work because I have misjudged the area, tell me and I'll post a new action list

The ninja ratling darts forward, disappearing from view of the normal eye. Unknown to everyone else, he leaps up, attempting to clear the heads of those in the front line of combat, and trying to land somewhere within the group of cultists. Diving down upon them, he will swing with his sai too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hopefully this isn't too crazy-a-plan to work. I have a habit of making stuff up that could look awesome, but might not work. Heres the rolls and stuff anyway.
    Blackfur
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative +3

Health: 19/19

Conditions:Using ghost step:invisible
    Jump check: (1d20+2)[20]
    Tumble (if needed) (1d20+7)[20]
    attack rolls: 1 = (1d20+3)[4] 2 = (1d20+3)[14]
    damage rolls: 1 = (1d4)[4] 2 = (1d4)[3]
    sudden strike (if applicable): (2d6)[7]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yres

Spoiler
    Show

Conditions:

The faint beginnings of the onset of a blush colour Yres' face at the woman's words, before he is swept away on a tide of memory: of crowds, shouting and screaming and pointing and jeering. Plague-bringer...madman...bewitcher... So many people. So many... Cut his throat...stab him...burn him...drown him... Running, always running. So much running, so far, so much fear, endless, always Kill Kill Kill Kill helpless, always helpless, helpless and running, so much running and helpless, helpless, helpless

"No more!"

Yres lunges into the mob, grasping for the sickle of the fallen farmer.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Darius

Spoiler
    Show

Did something just appear in their ranks? Has an ally of ours gotten behind their lines? Something flailing, fighting like a demon among them.

Darius just has time to throw a "Thank you!" to Captain Tada before Yres seems to go berserk.

Yres' sudden scream and heedless attack gives Darius a rush of admiration and adreneline, and he tries to move faster than the cultist, attempting to cut her down with his rapier before she can harm Yres.

Spoiler
    Show

If possible, Faithdreamer, I'm going to continue to use my improved feign. If I can't use it in this tangle of cultists, then I'll understand as there's not much space in the hall.

Bluff (for improved feign): (1d20+11)[30]
    Damage (for improved feign, assuming he hits): (1d6)[6]

Attack: (1d20+5)[18] (crit on 18-20)
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[18]
    And crit damage (if I crit): (1d6+2)[3]

Attack: (1d20+5)[14] (crit on 18-20)
    And damage (if I hit): (1d6+2)[4]
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[7]
    And crit damage (if I crit): (1d6+2)[8]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Tides
    So many instructors said blind rage was the worst way to feel. Her laughter prances over Yres as she sweeps her sickle at him!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Opportunity: (1d20+1)[8](1d6-1)[4]

A swift shadow glides over your heads and falls on your attackers without a sound. No one realizes what’s happened when the center of the crowd collapses until Blackfur steps out of thin air balancing on their shoulders. His blurry hands are almost too fast to follow but it’s plain to see he might have let himself get too far ahead. He calmly picks one set of shoulders and sits down to stab his blade into the neck that sits between them – it’s not going to work he’s wearing armour!
    All at once things go from bad to ‘thank heavens’, the weapon one of the other cultists is about to stab Blackfur with glows white hot.
    “Grraaargh my eyes!” His body seizes up for an instant long enough that Blackfur can tumble off his man’s shoulders and away from the sickles about to cut him. Instead of the rodent they’re looking for they find the cultist’s head and chest. Looks like he won’t need to worry about that one...

Someone starts screaming in Blackfur’s ear trying to push through his fellow cultists to find his agonized friend. “Durse you idiot let go of it!”
    Unable to relinquish his weapon the cultist screams, it almost seems to twist toward him while it burns him to death.
    The light lures an elegant metaphor out of the bloodshed for Darius. Blinded by his awe he rushes to aid Yres, it’s another fortunate sin for the Cleric. Before she can cut at him again Darius’s rapier takes another life. She smiles weakly at him through the blood in her mouth. “I love you...”
    Yres snatches up a sickle, cool and rough in his hand, heavier than it should be.
    Another one just like it is after him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack Opportunity on Yres: (1d20+1)[15](1d6-1)[4]
    Attack on Darius: (1d20+1)[18] - (1d6-1)[3]
    After he tries to hurt Yres he growls at Darius tries to return the favour!
    Blackfur is treated much the same way. Bloody with allies and victims alike five sickles are out for revenge!
    Blackfur’s Misfortune
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack on Blackfur: (1d20+3)[8](1d6-1)[0]
    Attack on Blackfur: (1d20+3)[17](1d6-1)[2]
    Attack on Blackfur: (1d20+3)[20](1d6-1)[4]
    Attack on Blackfur: (1d20+3)[17](1d6-1)[5]
    Attack on Blackfur: (1d20+1)[12](1d6-1)[1]
    Steadfast and calm Captain Tada deters another pair of attacks.
    “Militia, take your places.”

Placement
    Spoiler
    Show
    CCC
    CBC
    CC
    TDY

d
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-03-12 at 05:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Following Orders
    “Aye, yes sir Captain Tada.”True to their station five of them march around Daen with discipline written all over them. One of them still has that same rasp... he’s holding his ribs and smirking just a little.
    Spoiler
    Show
    CCC
    CBC
    CC
    TDY

dMM
    MMM

Update

If I'm not mistaken five cultists are either dead or slipping away. There are at least ten now.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-03-12 at 05:56 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yres

Spoiler
    Show

Conditions:

Though Yres hears, no words register in his mind. His fear, his anger, both for his own sufferings and for those of others beneath the ravages of panicked ignorance and selfish malice merge with the rough weight in his hand to forge a blade of righteous anger. Wreathed in the radiant sunlight and in the power of the defender of the needy, he strikes out at his nearest foe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action: Divine Might. Expending 1 Turn Undead (4/5 remaining) to add Charisma bonus (+2) to weapon damage.

Attacking the cultist between Blackfur and Darius
    Attack Roll - (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[7]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Darius

Spoiler
    Show

HEALTH: 22 / 26

Focusing past the sting of a cultist's scythe ("Yipe! Ow!"), Darius is able to see Blackfur's brave (if foolhearty) charge, which seems to end with him dragged down under several cultists.

Darius has seen drunk sailors rolled for copper with less desperation than these cultists show. And did that one he just killed say she loved the cleric she was so intent upon splitting in two?

On the one hand: fascinating. On the other: these freaks are still all out to kill us -- starting with the little brave ratling.

Tactics be damned, until I know what's going on, I'd rather none of my companions die.

"Someone take my place!" Darius calls to no one in particular and steps forward, rapier first, to allow at least a little breathing room for his would-be ally.

Spoiler
    Show

If Yres' blow killed the cultist directly in front of him, Darius steps up to that space and stabs at a cultist flanking Blackfur (either one is fine).

If Yres' blow did not kill the cultist directly in front of him, Darius takes his five-foot step to the open spot directly in front of Yres and stabs at the cultist in front of him (next to Blackfur).

Either way, his intention is to move up before cultists can fill the spots around Blackfur and completely surround him.

Bluff (for improved feign): (1d20+11)[13]

Attack: (1d20+5)[21] (crit on 18-20)
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[9]

Attack: (1d20+5)[7] (crit on 18-20)
    And damage (if I hit): (1d6+2)[8]
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[18]
    And crit damage (if I crit): (1d6+2)[5]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Daen

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: 12

Remaining Spells:

Lvl 0
    Resistance
    Guidance
    Purify Food and Drink
    Virtue

Lvl 1
    Prot from Evil (domain)
    Bane
    Inhibit (SpC 123)
    Shield o' Faith

Lvl 2
    Bear's Endurance

Such reckless bloodshed! This must stop!

The pious primate raises his hands and yells, "Children of Darkness! You cannot stand against our righteousness! Relinquish your weapons and surrender!"

With that his face grows even sterner as he snarls a gutteral curse, tail twitching menacingly as he hops from foot to foot, waving his arms.

"Cave ne ante ullas catapultas ambules...!"

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Bane on all cultists within 50', must beat a DC 19 Will save (10 + 1 (level) + 4 (Wis mod) + 4 (Vow of Nonviolence) = 19) or get -1 to attack rolls and fear effects.

Sorry for falling behind!
    Last edited by Lazlow; 2008-03-13 at 09:04 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Balckfur

Spoiler
    Show
    Well that was interesting. Hey if you don't risk something once in a while, when are you going to have fun? It might not have been great offensively, but it felt awesome!

Not how I planned it... But so many many targets!

Shaking off most attacks from the cultists, Blackfur regains his balance quickly. Having tasted combat, his senses had gone crazy. His desire to score more kills was thrown through the roof. With a shrill squeak, he dives upon a cultist, trying to get his claws on the mans shoulders and bite into the flesh of his neck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative 21

Health: 15/19

Conditions: attacking the clutist straight to the north (I think north) of me. In any case the one away from our lines. Using natural attack of bite.

attack: (1d20+5)[14]
    damage: (1d4)[4]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Their faces are so much clearer when you can see passed the shadows of their hoods. Mad expressions and calm smiles were frequent, grim determination and unswerving devotion all trying to murder you. These cultists weren’t mad with drugs or fear.
    It was even worse than the rusty sickles. “Murderer!”
    Yres didn’t want any more time to hack another lunatic to death. He notices the change immediately. His first kill and the sickle felt lighter now than it was before. The heady odour of butchery fills him with righteous vengeance. If it’s not enough Darius slides into the space over the dead corpse like a wet mist and twists his rapier through another heart. Billowing in his wake Tada’s sword is firm and steady. He’s fast in pressing the advantage.
    At the sound of Daen’s voice perhaps the cultists look shaken. Some of the gray robed villagers turn and scurry back the way they came. The three still trying to hold the group back laugh in the face of Blackfur’s bloody lips and frantic shriek, even.
    “There are over eight of us and only five of you there’s still time to run. You don’t want to be here! I’m not accepting responsibility for you!”
    It’s an unspoken command when the three of them nudge each other. They back off a step to get a little breathing room brandishing their sickles and huffing.
    “Back off. We’re doing the right thing.” Another one says evenly.

Intimidation wasn’t their strongest asset. The militiamen near Daen step forward almost unanimously. They still haven’t bothered to get involved. The rasping soldier near the Healer laughs heartily.

“Can’t count. We’ve wasted enough time on you.” He sniffles and wipes his nose on his hand. His throat gurgles as he coughs on the dust or... whatever was in the air?

Spoiler
    Show
    CCC

TBC
    D
    Y
    MM
    dMM
    M

This spoiler isn't working as planned these are close to correct.
    Last edited by Faithdreamer; 2008-03-13 at 08:34 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yres

Spoiler
    Show

Conditions:

Yres gasps, the aura of calm beginning to seep into his consciousness, dousing the flame of anger. The sight, the smell of death washes over him; blood runs down his arm, his skin crawling beneath.
    So much death... so much...

"Forgive me"

Yres sways, bracing himself against the wall, confusion, shock, horror and shame swamping him. The sickle slips from his grasp. Gentle tears slide down his face, pattering on to the cavern floor.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Darius

Spoiler
    Show

Darius wants to command the cultists surrender. He wants to emphasize to them that they're obviously not made for battle -- that they're dying quickly when they could be off living lives of peace and prosperity elsewhere. He opens his mouth to attempt to reason with them, but remembers they're cultists (his old personal biases get the best of him) and he gives up without trying.

If they come to their senses long enough to surrender, he sees no reason to cut them down in cold blood, but he also can't imagine fanatics like this surrendering.

They seek their eternal reward, let them have it.

Yet out of the corner of his eye Darius sees Yres pause, obviously distraught. Is he . . . weeping?

"Come now, friend: don't stop now! We'll have time for rest once we've beaten them back! We've alomst got them!"

Spoiler
    Show

Darius takes a five-foot step up to just behind Blackfur (or where-ever he needs to be to attack) and attacks anoter cultist with his rapier. I'm not sure how far "off" the map was in your spoiler, Faithdreamer, but, if possible, Darius will try to (keep?) plant himself between the cultists and Yres.

Bluff (for improved feign): (1d20+11)[24]

Attack: (1d20+5)[13] (crit on 18-20)
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[19]

Attack: (1d20+5)[7] (crit on 18-20)
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[25]
    And crit damage (if I crit): (1d6+2)[4]

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Daen

Spoiler
    Show

Remaining Spells:

Lvl 0
    Resistance
    Guidance
    Purify Food and Drink
    Virtue

Lvl 1
    Prot from Evil (domain)
    Bane
    Inhibit (SpC 123)
    Shield o' Faith

Lvl 2
    Bear's Endurance

Seeing the militiamen step up to finish the job, Daen stays out of their way but pleads with them to show mercy.

"Evil cannot be stopped with more evil! I beg you, show mercy to the helpless. Take these misguided souls captive and bring them to justice, do not slaughter them as they have done to the others."

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Blackfur

Confused by the situation at hand, Blackfur stops himself. Standing ready with his weapons, he takes a moment to survey the situation.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative 21

Conditions:

Basically, the reason I'm doing this is I myself am a little confused as to what is happening right now

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Darius

Spoiler
    Show

bump?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Tomorrow I'll post for you I'm not feeling well now.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Impasse

“Great, these ones aren’t out of their minds.” It’s not very comforting to know these are rational killers. “We’re not ‘almost gotten’ in fact. The five of you are better off heading back outside and taking your chances with the Gnolls. Believe us when we tell you, this lot really doesn’t want to be here when the ritual happens. If you don’t dying will be the least of your worries.”
    All three cultists look wary, they haven’t dropped their guard and they aren’t taking their eyes off you for an instant. Above the sudden silence, the rasping breaths of that soldier are clear as could be to everyone.
    Tada doesn’t seem to pay too much attention. He glares at each cultist and looks like he has something to say but manages to hold his tongue. He projects an air of ‘studying his options’.

“That Cleric over there is the smartest of the lot of us.” Which one this gray-robed butcher is talking about isn’t obvious. Either Yres or Daen were safe bets.
    The rasping soldier stammers out, “I don’t... really want to kill any more townspeople Captain.”

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Daen

Spoiler
    Show

Remaining Spells:

Lvl 0
    Resistance
    Guidance
    Purify Food and Drink
    Virtue

Lvl 1
    Prot from Evil (domain)
    Bane
    Inhibit (SpC 123)
    Shield o' Faith

Lvl 2
    Bear's Endurance

"As well you shouldn't," the little monkey man says to the rasping soldier. "But do not mistake my pleas for mercy as weakness. These men must be brought to justice."

He speaks up so the cultists can hear, yelling, "Drop your weapons and come peacefully!"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Darius

Spoiler
    Show

Keeping his rapier up and ready, Darius holds his position, waiting for the response of the zealots.

"I've never known zealots to truly think about anything, least of all surrender, but I'm willing to give them a cha -- HOLY *$%# ARE YOU A TALKING MONKEY!?!?"

Spoiler
    Show

Darius takes a ready action. If the zealots make a move to attack, Darius will stab one before they go. If the zealots back down, surrender, or hold their position, he will continue to keep them "covered" until next round when hopefully we have a better idea of what's going on.

If one tries to attack, here's his attack rolls:

Attack: (1d20+5)[9] (crit on 18-20)
    And damage (if I hit): (1d6+2)[8]
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[6]
    And crit damage (if I crit): (1d6+2)[7]

Attack: (1d20+5)[8] (crit on 18-20)
    If a crit, here's the second roll: (1d20+5)[10]
    And crit damage (if I crit): (1d6+2)[5]

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Blackfur

Still lost, Blackfure moves slightly away from the cultists.

So what we doing monkey man? no more kill kill?

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative +3

AC: 23

Conditions:

Taking a defensive action, increases AC by 2

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Yres

Spoiler
    Show

Conditions:

Yres' eyes meet those of one of the cultists, pools of grief and sorrow and deepest, deepest weariness. He stretches out his blooded hand, his head turning to watch the droplets drip steadily on to the floor.

"What say you then? Must I bear more of your blood this day?"

On the floor, blood and tears mingle. It is deeply symbolic. Quite what is symbolised is unknown, but it is symbolic none the less.

"Mercy is more than I was ever shown. But one who found me lost and brought me light, one whom I follow shows mercy, and so it is offered to you."

Spoiler
    Show

Apologies for sloth - sickly internet does not a happy David make...