New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fall of the Dead: Hidden Menace

Norgrim Giantbreaker

The dwarf clanked up beside Kayden, grumbling and taking swigs from his beer-skin, the idols woven into his beard banging against his breastplate. He'd been shocked into what would have been silence for most races and peoples, but for Norgrim instead turned into near indecipherable cursing at his companion's behavior. He hadn't even been able to string a sentence together he was so angry at the mercenary attitude most were displaying and the sheer lack of any dwarf-like behavior he was used to. They were being sent to take on a hive of scum and villainy and they were focused on the money?? Norgrim was reminded again and again how the other races wouldn't be as noble as his kin, who would have done something about the theft just because it was wrong and there was an opportunity to bash some heads. He was relieved that at least Kayden seemed to have a good head on her shoulders.

"Lass, ye surprised me there. Good to know one 'o' me new traveling companions has the heart 'o' a dwarf after all. Ye stick by me, Kayden, and we'll get this job done right and true like it ought'te. Let the rabble worry over the gold." he spat. "Tch...GOLD! Plenty 'o' that to go around. It's honor and glory they should be after, lass!"
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrafnar Steelshadow

Ignoring the dwarf's comments to Kayden, Hrafnar continues toward Maiden's Tomb Tor. What do I care if the abandoner likes me? I do this for vengeance's sake, not money. I know my heart.

He looks over his shoulder at the woman, mentally trying to measure her. "I am Hrafnar Shadowsteel, in case you missed my previous introduction, Kayden." He nods to the human woman. "I look forward to working with you." There is the slightest of inflection on the last word, though easily missed given the duergar's monotone.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Just a note, need to know who's riding in the cart and who's walking along side it.

The cart proved to be a luxurious purchase as the five set out from the north gate along the very same path that had been described to Bryan. A fair amount of travel seemed to come and go along that road and several odd stares were directed towards the cart, though with all of the well-armored and varied species there it wasn't hard to question why. Progess was good, if slow, and gradually the traffic dwindled as the crossroads came closer and closer. Finally when the sun was high it comes into sight and not without a fair bit of relief either, the sun was merciless this day and beat down upon those uncovered with the sticky heat that was far more common to the south.

You all can spy a caravan coming down the High Road from the dust cloud it was sending up, not too uncommon but Ampmail was surprisingly bare of traffic and looked to have been deserted for a couple of days to Nogrim and Hrafnar. Despite the lack of travel along it nothing appeared to be wrong with Ampmail road and the rest of the day passed without incident. Camp was set up quickly and orderly with two watches quickly established to cover the night and allow those who needed their rest to get it. Off in the distance Kayden, Jorrath, and Bryan can spy the pin-point of light from another camp-fire, probably from a traveling merchant or another caravan but by the time their watch had expired the fire had gone out and they had gone to sleep.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

The next days travels were not as easy and light-hearted as the previous. Down the road close to where Kayden and Bryan had spied the camp-fire you find the remains of several wagons. Barrels of foodstuffs and sacks of grain lay strewn about on the ground with other debris, a mess of things that leaves a sour taste in one's mouth. Each of the wagons looked as if they had been cut at with large holes as if a horse had kicked at them as well but of the owners or who might have done this there was little sign. Here and there one could spot splashes of blood in the dirt but it had mostly dried during the night. All of the pack animals had fled from the tracks but still...there were no bodies in the open space within the circle the four wagons made.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kayden

It seems likely that the same people who raided the temple might also have been the ones who attacked the caravan. Kayden jumps down from the wagon and examine the remains of the struggle laid out on the ground, looking for any clues or valuables that may have been left behind.

search: (1d20+10=25)

ooc: she's not in the wagon obviously...
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel
    {Board Dice Roller} [Roll=name]#d+#[/roll]

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Norgrim Giantbreaker

Norgrim grunted as he hauled himself off of the cart. He had decided against a horse or pony as he couldn't stand the damn things and they hated him just as much, with all the points and ridges on his plate digging into the animals' flanks. He made sure to steer well clear of any animals as he clanked over beside Kayden and dropped noisily to his haunches beside her. He made sure to at least make the attempt to tread where she had stepped so he wouldn't foul up the evidence.

"Don'tche think thieves would have taken the time to ransack the wagons, taken the grain and the barrels instead of just leaving them strewn across the ground? The way me back leg is quiverin' I'd say this was some kind 'o beastie attack, especially considerin' the looks 'o' that wagon there. I'd guess they took the sweeter meats back home, possibly the pack animals, too. Whatever it was didn't seem interested in what these poor souls were carryin', only the travelers themselves." Norgrim frowned, his bushy beard ruffling up again like an angry dog as he thumped the haft of his axe on the ground. "'Course, I only know some 'o' the signs. Not much of a tracker, am I." he admitted, shaking his head.

Norgrim seemed to have sobered up a good deal since they'd made camp last. Now that battle was looming on the horizon he was fast turning from drunken nutcase, to battle-hardened nutcase. The insanity seemed to go straight to the bone, but at least he had direction of it. "I be lookin' forward to payin' 'em back fer this monstrous work if I could. Thieves we be lookin' for or no, more travelers might be at risk if who or what did this keeps on roamin' free without me axe buried in its noggin'." he said, thumping his breastplate and causing the iron statuettes to jangle and clank around.

"Well, what say the rest 'o' ye? Any ideas what done this bit 'o' murderin'? Recognize the style of any yer kin, mayhap?" Norgrim said to the rest of the group, glaring at Hrafnar and Jorrath. Apparently, the past day or so hadn't changed his racial prejudices too much.

Search (1d20+1=18)
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-03-22 at 10:34 PM.

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Jarroth

The half-orc disinterestedly kicked through some of the debris, casually looking for anything of obvious value.

"I'm not one for followin tracks, but this just dont seem right. We should try'n find out where these people were taken and save em."

The compassion in his voice seems odd after the way he held himself in the temple earlier. As he talks, he's scanning the horizon for signs of movement.

Spoiler
    Show

Walking along beside the cart

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrafnar Steelshadow

With a very brief glance at Norgrim as he walks over, Hrafnar shakes his head. "I doubt this was done by duergar or orc. Too little blood for the latter, and there'd be no reason for a strike team to take only the people without the goods as well. There is a purpose to this attack that eludes me at the moment. If the tracks head in the direction of our own quarry, I've no qualms about further investigation. Otherwise it should wait until we've acomplished our primary objectives."

Spoiler
    Show
    Are there any hills capable of containing an entrance to the Underdark within sight?
    Search: [roll]1d20+3[/roll]
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-03-24 at 10:33 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Kayden

"Does no one know anything about tracking?!?" Kayden asks, a bit of the exasperation she feels manages to creep into her voice. "That's one of the very few skills I have yet to acquire, but if they've left a clear trail, it shouldn't be a problem." even for a group as hopeless as ours she mentally adds. That's one thought she plans to keep to herself for now.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Jorrath

The ugly half orc scrunches up his mangled features and plants his axehead on the ground resting both forearms on the bottom of the haft as he squints at Kayden,

"Are you gettin all mad cuz no one knows 'ow ta do somethin' you ne'er bothered ta learn neither? Dodn't that seem a might hip...hippo...hippocartigan? I'm fer finding who or what mighta done this so's we dont end up the same...but if everyone else wants ta move on ta the goal what we already set...well I guess that's OK too."

Kneeling near one of the wagons with a hole in it, he sniffs around the area, trying to see if he can recognise anything.

Search - (1d20+4)[17]
    Survival - (1d20+3)[17]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Without much ado the group splits up to search the wagons and the opened crates and barrels of foodstuffs for some sign of the small caravan's occupants or for their valuables. The valuables were found easily enough, left out in the open by whoever had raided the wagons in the first place and discarded as if unwanted. Kayden finds a heavy gold statue of a fearsome dragon rearing up to attack, looking like it was made from solid gold with a silver bracelet dangling around it's neck as if the owner of the two used the dragon to hold the bracelet.

Norgrim finds a small pouch and upon investigating it finds a small mass of pink pearls glittering up at him from inside but finds nothing more notable then...there were no bodies. At least in the wagon that he had searched but the others weren't having much luck in their search for the luckless owners either. The lock box had been shattered open, the lock dangling uselessly, but nothing inside seemed to have been taken. A mound of silver coins still glittered enticingly inside with a gold comb with the jade initials of 'A.K' on the one side. And still no sign of bodies! Not even so much as a limb or digit! Just disgruntled looking ravens eying the site and it's interlopers with some distaste and cawing loudly.

That wasn't all though...there was plenty of foot prints in the grounds and runs from where the wagons had been pulled in for the night but there were very few drag marks on the ground. So if the bodies hadn't been found...nor had they been dragged away or carried away (No footprints lead away from that center ring that didn't end abruptly with a splash of crimson) then what on earth had happened?

Still peering around for signs of motion the half-orc paused...There was movement farther along the road...No dustcloud but it appeared to be a rider on horseback.

Spoiler
    Show
    A tally of things found...

Broken Chest: 2,000 shards.

Gold statue of a rearing dragon (10 lbs.)
    Appraise DC 15:
    Spoiler
    Show
    600 dragons.

Appraise DC11-14:
    Spoiler
    Show
    450 dragons.

Pouch of pink pearls (Negligible weight)
    Appraise DC 20:
    Spoiler
    Show
    5,000 dragons all together

Appraise DC 15-19:
    Spoiler
    Show
    6.368 all together.

Silver Bracelet (Negligible weight)
    Appraise DC 13:
    Spoiler
    Show
    50 dragons

Appraise DC 9-12:
    Spoiler
    Show
    47 dragons

Gold comb with jade inlay (Negligible weight)
    Appraise DC 14:
    Spoiler
    Show
    300 dragons

Appraise DC 11-13:
    Spoiler
    Show
    386 dragons
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2008-03-27 at 08:49 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #41

Kayden

"No, I'm not trying to be hypocritical. I just find it rather... amazing is all."

Kayden eyes the gold dragon statue that she found among the remains of the caravan. The workmanship is fine and the statue it's self is heavy, it's obviously worth quite a lot. The silver bracelet is also good work, but not worth nearly as much as the statue. She quietly warps her finds in some loose fabric before adding them to her pack. She glances at the other finds, a bag of pearls and a comb, but just shrugs in response if anyone asks her what she thinks they're worth.

"Something very strange is going on here. And as important as our current job is, I don't feel right just picking over the remains and leaving. We should try to figure out what happened to the people here, so we can at least make a cohert report when we get back." And try to prepare ourselves in case we run into whatever did this...

ooc: successful appraise checks for statue and bracelet in ooc thread.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Jorrath

The half-orc's eyes kept widening as his companions continued to unearth surprising treasures from among the wreckage, but he vigilantly kept trying to figure out what had happened.

While pacing, the movement further up the road caught his attention. Whistling sharply, he let everyone know what to expect,

"Someone's riding this way from farther up the road."

As he turned to address his companions, a potentially bad thought occurred to him as he viewed the scene before him,

"And umm...this dodnt look too good to anyone who might come up on us. Whoe'er it is could ask some questions we'd find hard to answer proper-like. One of you should prob'ly do any talking. I'll stay back near our cart out o' tha way."

Moving back to the cart, Jorrath draws up his hood to partially hide his possibly questionable appearance. Sliding his greataxe into the cart, he hopes to cut a much less imposing figure squatting on his haunches next to the cart.

Spoiler
    Show

Attempting to appear as a somewhat shorter, less imposing figure.

Disguise - (1d20-2)[12]

Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-04-02 at 11:32 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Norgrim Giantbreaker

Quote Originally Posted by Diarmuid View Post
    While pacing, the movement further up the road caught his attention. Whistling sharply, he let everyone know what to expect,

"Someone's riding this way from farther up the road."

As he turned to address his companions, a potentially bad thought occurred to him as he viewed the scene before him,

"And umm...this dodnt look too good to anyone who might come up on us. Whoe'er it is could ask some questions we'd find hard to answer proper-like. One of you should prob'ly do any talking. I'll stay back near our cart out o' tha way."
    "BAH! Ye go ahead and hide. I ain't done nothin' wrong." Norgrim shouted back in response as he left the bag of pearls where they lay for the moment and clanged over to face the incoming rider. Wouldn't do any good to have a pouch of stolen goods hanging from his belt when he went to face a potential accuser, even if the former owners probably wouldn't be needing it any longer. After they'd seen to the rider he'd go and collect them. He was intending on taking them along instead of just letting them lie, but on the off chance the merchants were alive he guessed they'd be wanting their valuables back. Stealing he tended to have a small problem with, but a reward wasn't something he was above accepting.

"Who goes there?! Ye be wantin' te stand and be seen before I decide ye had somethin' to do with this!" Norgrim shouted at the incoming rider. He let one of his throwing hammers fall into his palm, shifting his waraxe to his other hand underneath his steel shield. If the rider wasn't going to be stopping for a chat, Norgrim just might have to persuade him into doing so. Besides, sometimes a show of force worked wonders. (Anyway, Norgrim didn't really know of any other way to be.)
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-04-03 at 12:03 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44

Kayden

Ah great, why not paint a bull's eye on your thick skull and hand them a throwing knife while you're at it! Kayden thinks sourly to herself as Norgrim starts shouting.

She takes a quick look a round and decides that given the uncertain nature of the person approaching, and her companions, she'd best be "waiting in the wings." So she pulls up the hood of her cloak and moves toward one of the wagons, intending to use it as cover. Once positioned she'll slip a dagger into each hand.

hide check: (1d20+15)[31]
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2008-04-02 at 11:41 PM. Reason: grammer
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrafnar Steelshadow

Moving towards a secluded point away from the other members of his group, Hrafnar thinks to himself. Excellent! Draw attention and let me maneuver to an optimal position for striking, should it prove necessary.

The duergar makes an attempt at hiding, but shortly thereafter fades from the view of anyone who might have been looking in his direction at that moment.

Now invisible, Hrafnar moves out to a position to strike the rider should he approach Norgrim with hostility.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide: (1d20+6)[11].
    Then use invisibility, and if there's enough time, move to a position about 20 feet from Norgrim and wherever the rider should be when he nears the dwarf, allowing me space for a charge if necessary.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-04-02 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Razzafrazzin' laptop mouse!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Bryan

Saddened by the apparent raid Bryan sits in the cart holding onto the reighens as the others search and loot.
    More victims of this cruel world, how many must suffer before people look up from their petty political squabbles and start caring for the welfare of their fellow man?
    The sound of a horse rider and the disappearance of the party awakes him from his mood and he turns to see what is coming.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

There was no answer to Norgrim's call to be accounted for, the rider simply continuing to approach towards the cluster of ruined wagons and the new one without sound. Not even the neighing or breathing of a horse. Finally the rider stopped not a hundred feet away and settled back into his saddle. A man in resplendent shining plate mail gazed back at the dwarf, stoic brown eyes locking unto the dwarf before glancing to the wagon and the two figures sitting there. A prancing lion was embossed on the rider's shield over top of an elegant and flowery coat of arms. A plain sword hilt rests at one side, out of place with the expensive armor and decorative helm that left his face exposed. He rode on a black horse with a gray mane and tail, legs trailing off into wispy nothingness before even touching the ground, probably the reason for the soundless approach.

The hard line of his mouth was set in a firm line as he stared down the dwarf until finally it turned down in a sneer. "Little idiot..." With a loud ominous tone the knight drew forth his longsword and his fantastic mount rears, snorting loudly before charging across the expanse between the two of them, the man holding his blade raised in the air. Stopping just in front of Norgrim the knight leaned down in his saddle and brought down the longsword in a heavy-handed chop that cut deep into his shoulder, bringing a ruthless smile to his attacker's face. Before he could yank the blade free though Norgrim felt something dark burn at the slash mark, making his flesh crawl and burn from it's assault.

Spoiler
    Show

Iniatives please!

Spellcraft check 13 to determine the horse is a Phantasmal Steed.
    Spot Check DC: 20 from those watching the rider.
    Norgrim gets an AoO and takes 19 points of damage.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2008-04-06 at 09:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

Kayden

Kayden's bad feeling doesn't go away once she sees the horse that the "knight" is riding. No hoofs, no prints, it looked like whatever got the caravan was now doing a good job "getting" the dwarf.

From her hiding place, Kayden considers her choices. She could easily break cover and help the dwarf, but the others were closer. No, for now, she'd better just prepare for the man to get closer.

initiative: (1d20+3)[17]
    spellcraft check: (1d20+9)[25]
    edit: failed my spot...
    ooc: delaying action until the knight moves closer (Callos said he's about 35' away from Kayden), or someone else "attacks" him.
    Last edited by kuja.girl; 2008-04-06 at 09:48 PM.
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

19. - Top - End - #49

ClericGuy

Bryan

Sadness to curiosity to rage. It made no difference weather this man was evil or not, his actions were unacceptable. Flinging off his traveling cloak Bryan stands tall, the sunrise of Lathander in his hand he shouts "You will repent" and starts casting some spell.

ooc: Casting Hold Person DC 15 on Init - (1d20+2)[12]

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Norgrim Giantbreaker
    HP: 43/62
    AC: 23

When the man spurred his steed, Norgrim grinned a maniac's grin. "Oooh, so he wants to play does he? GOOD!!" he shouted at the charging rider. Before the enemy could close the distance, Norgrim let fly with the hammer he'd been holding in his hand, twirling it briefly above his head by the strap before tossing it kind of like a sling. The hammer flew straight, as if the heavy mallet was pulled by its own weight through the air, instead of tumbling end over end like a thrown dagger. He didn't wait to see if it hit, though. Instead, he transferred his axe back to his main hand and braced his shield against the charge.

Unfortunately, it didn't stop the much taller rider from swinging down and biting into his spiked pauldrons. But Norgrim was a dwarf, so his enemy didn't receive much more than an annoyed grunt for his trouble. No, instead Norgrim threw his weight back forward and returned the blow in kind. "A fine hit, longshanks! Here! Take one 'o' mine!" With a roar, he sent his notched axe swinging toward's the man's midsection, trying to unseat him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+1=21)
    Spot (1d20=20)
    AoO (Thrown Hammer): 1d20+6=15
    AoO (Thrown Hammer)Damage: 1d4+4=8
    Axe Attack: 1d20+11=27
    Axe Damage: 1d10+5=13
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-04-06 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Forgot initiative.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Jorrath
    HP: 49/49
    Armor Class: 18, Touch: 13, Flat-Footed: 15

Initiative - (1d20+3)[23]
    Spot - (1d20+4)[21]

The half-orc didnt like the look of the strange wispy-legged steed, but he knew the look of a knight when he saw one. Plenty of haughty knights had given trouble during his years in Waterdeep.

As the man drew his sword and charged the dwarf, Jorrath swore loudly in Orchish and reached for the axe he had lain the cart before moving into a supporting position threatening the rider from the side.

Spoiler
    Show

Not exactly sure on distance, but MEA to grab my axe, and the MEA (up to 40') to get into a position where he could attack the rider next round.
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-04-07 at 02:43 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrafnar Steelshadow
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 26/26; AC 18; t 13, ff 15

It is as I thought. The surfacers have as little regard for one another as most in the Underdark. Our worlds are not so different as they wish them to be.

With a thought, the duergar's invisible form grows in size and mass until he stands nearly nine feet in height and weighs over half a ton. He readies his now large scythe for a charge at the next opportunity.

Wait right there, knight, and feel Hoar's sting of retribution shortly. Hrafnar thinks towards Norgrim's assailant as a thin smile touches the duergar's lips.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[21]
    Spot: (1d20+4)[11]
    Callos: Did I get close enough to make a charge this round? And I'm invisible? Whoot! This is just the Initiative and Spot post. Attack post will follow as needed.
    I've decided to save the charge for next round. This round I'll use expansion, so stats will switch to HrafnarXL. I'll just lay a nasty surprise on our new friend next round.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-04-07 at 05:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

The knight's violent response was returned in kind as the various assembled people sprang into action when he cut into Norgrim. Jorrath rolled off of the wagon with surprising nimbleness and drew his axe, creeping around into a better position with which to charge his sudden foe. Norgrim's hammer flew wide of the mark to bounce twice off the ground before coming to a complete rest but his axe struck true! The heavy blade pierced through his armor and queerly went without resistance either until it struck a rib, but Norgrim had his answer soon enough. The knight's visage twisted into a sneer of contempt, the features of his face becoming wispy and wraith-like. Bleeding away into the surrounding air as his armor warped and changed, the lion sprouting demon wings for ears and claws becoming longer and hooked. Where before there had been a delicate flowery coat-of-arms behind the fierce lion now there was nothing but a rotten looking mess, a mockery of what had once been there. Not that the corruption stayed at just that. Soon the flesh, if there had even been any, had vanished as well to leave an eerily grinning skull in it's play. Green flames burned in the eye sockets, illuminating the inside of the horned helm as the phantom steed reared in the air, formless hooves kicking as it's master cackled aloud.

"I find it weak and lacking fool!" And it was true, despite how powerful the blow had been there was only a chip in the rib he had struck and then the skeletal knight was pulling back his sword for another blow. A moment later the sword struck downward with a loud clang that sent the dwarf's ears ringing with the noise and left a rather sizable dent in it as well. Then the undead horror's gaze swiveled about to the growing duergar and it raised it's sword for another charge.

"You will repent!"

It paused...swiveling it's head back around to look at Bryan and then it pointed it's sword at him. The next words to come from it's mouth was un-intelligible but unspeakably foul sounding as it kicked it's steed's flanks and sending it running towards the young cleric. Kayden's eyes widen seeing this and steps out of hiding, working her hands in arcane gestures as she tapped the Weave and called forth a crackling ball of electricity that she sent surging towards the 'knight'. Her aim proved true when it slammed into the center of it's back and splayed crackles of electricity all over the animated skeleton, obviously hurting it from the wisps of smoke coming up from it...but not slowing it an inch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Norgrim gets another AoO (can use his axe though) and was missed. Kayden uses ready action to cast lesser orb of electricity and deal 8 points of damage. It is now out of range of Hraf's charge range (Unless he got faster...). Brian needs to make a Will Save DC 17.

24. - Top - End - #54

ClericGuy

Bryan

/ooc Will Save - (1d20+7)[21]

The sunrise in Bryans hands shines as the dark rider's powers wash over him harmlessly only leaving a hardened scowl outlining mumbling lips as a blast of light reaches out from his hand striking toward the charging enemy.

/ooc [Roll=Searing Light ranged touch attack]1d20+5[/roll]
    /ooc [Roll=Damage]5d6[/roll] If he hits.
    Last edited by Parsley Man; 2008-04-09 at 10:23 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Jorrath
    HP: 49/49
    Armor Class: 18, Touch: 13, Flat-Footed: 15

Jorrath scowled at the thing as it reformed itself into an undead monster, and a skeletal one at that. Knowing full well that his axe would be all but useless against this creature he dropped it to the ground and drew his warhammer as he circled into a favorable position from which to strike. As he nears the skeletal knight, the charm affixed to the spiked end of his hammer begins to glow every so softly. Taking up the silvery weapon in two hands, he levels a massive swing.

Spoiler
    Show

Bit of artistic license with the Truedeath Crystal affixed to the warhammer, hope that's not too big a problem.

If I can get into a flank with 40 feet of movement, I will, if not then just close to attack, charging if necessary.

Attack - (1d20+10)[13] (Flanking bonus and Charging not taken into account....not that it likely matters)
    Damage - (1d8+6)[7] (Alchemical Silver, Bludgeoning)
    Truedeath Crystal Damage - (1d6)[2] (Bonus damage vs Undead, MIC)

[ooc] The thing shouldnt be able to see the duergar as he's invisible iirc. [/ooc]

Swiveling his head to see how his companions are faring, he yells out,

"Well...we really stepped in it 'ere...didn'a we?"
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-04-11 at 09:10 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is now out of range of Hraf's charge range (Unless he got faster...).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Acrobat Boots - +2 Tumble; 3 charges/day: 1 charge- +10' speed enhancement bonus for 1 rd; 2 charges- +15' speed enhancement bonus for 1 rd; 3 charges- +20' speed enhancement bonus for 1 rd.

So how many charges would I have to use to get my Charge action?
    Also, as Diarmuid mentioned, did it notice me given my invisibility? Cause that'd suck.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Hrafnar Steelshadow
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 26/26; AC 14; t 9, ff 12 (includes size and charge penalty)

Muttering the word to activate his boots, "Azazel!" Hrafnar speeds towards the mounted being, readying his scythe to strike.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action: activate acrobat boots.
    Attack: (1d20+8)[12]; includes charge. C'mon crit x4!
    Crit?: (1d20+8)[19]; includes charge. C'mon crit x4!
    Damage: (2d6+4)[11]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Norgrim Giantbreaker
    HP: 43/62
    AC: 21 (-2 Charge)

Norgrim felt his helmet ring like a church bell over his head, but was stunned for only the moment it took him to reach up and push it back away from his eyes. There was a sizeable dent in his horned, spiked helm but it didn't seem to have affected him any. His fierce grin, which looked more like an animalistic snarl than anything "human" at this point, only widened.

"Aint'cher mother ever tell ye ne'er to hit a dwarf on the head, boyo?" he spoke up as he ripped his axe out of the skeleton rider's ribcage and turned the backswing into a spinning blow around the other side that would hopefully catch the undead creature as he tried to move away. Unfortunately, he just succeeded in spinning himself around like a top as he missed.

Norgrim gathered himself with a snarl and took off running after the creature, his frustrated growl turning into a battle cry as he charged, rapidly closing the distance. "GrrrraAAAAAHH!! FOR FELBARR!!" he cried as his short, but strong legs propelled him into a jump, his arms bringing his axe down in an overhead blow at the creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    AoO (Axe) (1d20+11=13)
    AoO Damage: Not needed. Missed.
    Attack (-5 Power Attack, +2 Charge): 1d20+8=23
    Damage: (+5 Power Attack): Damage (1d10+10=19)
    Last edited by ChronicLunacy; 2008-04-10 at 10:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Kayden

Something is very wrong here! Kayden thinks to herself as the skeletal knight continues his charge toward Bryan.
    I don't know if this will work, but if it does then it should help.

Kayden reaches into the small pouch on her belt and pulls out a small flask of clear liquid which breaks when she sends an icy ray toward the rider.

Casting Ray of Ice at the rider, NOT his horse.
    ranged touch attack for ray of ice: (1d20+5=19)
    Damage for Ray of Ice: (1d6=3)*
    *see ooc
    Player Registry link
    Characters:
    ____Tiriel

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

Bryan's Info:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You recognize this creature from some of the religious texts that you studied during your apprenticeship, called a spectral rider. These undead are elite undead knights in the service of powerful necromancers. They ride ghostly steeds they can summon at will.These dark knights spread desecration with every step, and they can assume a ghostly incorporeal form as they move. They are protected against goodness, and their weapons are made unholy by their touch. The reason the various attacks 'miss' during this latest charge is most likely because it has shifted to it's ghostly form during the charge.

No matter what seemed to be thrown at the knight nothing seemed to give it pause or hesitation, especially from the wildly thrown swipes of the suddenly visible Duergar's scythe or Jorrath's hammer. However something more sinister proved to be the case as it thundered closer and closer to Bryan and the cleric struck out with two bright rays of fiery light...just to have them pass through the rider's body harmlessly. Kayden's chilly attack of her own proved to be about as effective as Bryan's divine magic, passing through the cackling rider harmlessly despite striking it dead on.

Norgrim proved to have just as about as much luck despite the sharp blade of his axe cleaving right the space between the skeletal rider's shoulder blades to no ill effect and didn't even draw it's attention. But then it was rearing up, raising up it's sword for another powerful downward chop, but this time it was at the young man who had called on Lathander to banish this unholy abomination. Scrambling backwards from his position in the wagon, Bryan was barely able to pull up his gleaming shield to defend himself before the cut landed and another loud clang rang through the air.