New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crossing the Worldwalls: Prologue [IC]

Hargil smoothly changes gears as he launches into an attack on the most injured of the elementals.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+12)[23]
    (1d6+4)[5] Lethal Damage

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hargil's blade goes right through the already greatly damaged elemental, causing bits and pieces of it to start crumble as the magic holding it together weakens. It refuses to disappear, however, as it smashes its earthen fist into the red and tan clad warrior.

The other elementals continue to assault the two remaining guards, with another of them falling to their rocky attacks.

Krimm's Turn

--------------------

Ho Dim nods a few times as he listens to what Azariah and Talask have to tell him. After they finish, he sits down in a chair and motions for the others to do the same.

Unfortunately for the three of us, and the rest of Kanitha, I know about as much about this Dornahall character as you do. In fact, his actions were brought to my attention by a few of my contacts in the Vassal lands; the man in the other room, who was accompanying you, just happens to be one of them."

"I'll tell you one thing though," he chuckles a little "I never thought of tracking him through material components, it's an excellent idea. Although to find where to get these," he jots a few things down of a piece of parchment, "Will take some research on my part. I can contact you when I find what you need. If that is alright with you."

"But if this doesn't work, I'd recommend that you find him through the two factions. Gain their trust, and he may walk right into your hands."

"One more piece of advice though." He says, his voice becoming almost deadly serious. "As to what you were told by your council. They tend to tell the Shields only what they believe you need to know to accomplish your mission. So always ask questions, even if it seems like the wrong time to do so."
    Last edited by Ellas Aramond; 2008-06-30 at 10:43 PM.
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

'The Emperor' still concentrates on moving his hands in a particular manner and speaking the words of another spell. After a few moments, he holds his hand out and shakes it as if to shake off the newly growing frost from it, until it shapes into a sharp stiletto of dark ice and he fires it at one of the elementals.
    "I need a healer! NOW! What is his name? That guard is hurt!" the benevolent emperor calls out to save his loyal guard.

"...Me too! I'm also hurt!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Ice Knife Attack: (1d20+10)[26]
    Damage: (2d8)[9]cold damage and 2 Dex.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-06-30 at 11:04 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Aviva bows.

Thank you very much for your support; it is good to have a friendly face here. The two factions are ... the Kurzicks, the religious ones, and the Luxons, the nomadic ones, I believe? Any advice on which to go with?

Furthermore, with regard to your concern,

She lowers her voice so that it is only audible to Talask and Ho Dim.

Do not worry about our facility for being used. From personal experience, the trust of consortia of all sorts - the Cartographic Cabal, the Canthan Council, even, though it pains me to say it, the Shields - must be something given carefully, and never utterly.

5. - Top - End - #155

Huu lunges out, and sends the ice dagger flying straight into what seems like the very core of the elemental, causing it to immediately collapse to the ground, its body reverting to what it once was, unmoving rock and dirt.

Erasmus' Turn

--------------------

"So you understand, excellent." Ho Dim gives a smile and picks up a black, metal staff from against the wall.

"Were it not for who you just met" he motions to the other room, where Erys is supposed to be. "I would have recommended going with the Luxons, they tend to trust easier, but for now, I would try my luck with the Kurzicks. If you can get Erys to trust you, then getting into House du Heltzer shouldn't be all that hard."

"But before you go, I must thank you again, milady, for not letting my pets come to any harm." He holds the staff out to Azariah, as you look it over, you notice small arcs of electricty arc between the silver ridges at the top.

"This is a Zephyr Staff, it does the same thing that Erys' staff can do, but instead of fire, it is empowered with lightning. It should help you blend in a little more."

Spoiler
    Show
    What Ho Dim hands you is a Staff-sized +1 Demi-wand. It is Int based and has the electricty descriptor, so all the damage you do with it is lightning.

It can also be used as a regular quarterstaff, should the need for melee. But if you need to use it that way, all bonuses revert back to your strength score until you use it for a ranged attack again.
    Last edited by Ellas Aramond; 2008-07-02 at 01:21 AM.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Azariah reverently takes the staff in both hands, and then immediately begins poring over it.

Many thanks, sir. I'll return it in one piece; although I cannot guarantee that it will not come back augmented somewhat.

She smiles mischievously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ooh, lewtz.

7. - Top - End - #157

Erasmus darts closer to another elemental and makes a jab with his spear, the cold iron point glittering darkly as he makes a thrust at a gap in the elemental's defences.

Spoiler
    Show
    To hit, including Dark Knowledge bonus: (1d20+8)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[5]
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

8. - Top - End - #158

Erasmus movies in, and deftly takes a small chunk out of the ever-shifting elemental.

The last remaining guard grits his teeth and delivers a one-handed slash to the creature threatening his king, giving it a fair-sized blow.

The red-clad warrior charges the elemental threatening the guard, striking it with a powerful blow. Meanwhile, the mage completes his spell, dropping back to the ground, with him saying only two words. "Lightning Strike." Causing a bolt of lightning to descend from the sky and completely obliterate the elemental that the others were attacking.

Hargi's Turn

--------------------

Ho Dim returns Azariah's smile, adding in a chuckle.

"Consider it a gift, my dear. After all, it's not everyday that I get to speak with one from another world."

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Hargil smoothly strides over and gracefully slashes once. The glowing green blade leaving a blur in the air as it passes through space.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rinse and Repeat. I wish I was like... way higher level. Then I get to do cooler stuff...

(1d20+12)[21]
    (1d6+4)[6]