Show

Prowl- 24
    Little Miss Murder - 13
    Mercy - 6
    Smokey - 4
    WarMachine - 4
    FireFly-2
    Mobs-0

Balance DC10-to remain standing, or move at half speed.
    All Vision limited to 60'
    Anything beyond 20ft has 20%miss chance

The thunder booms loudly, the torrential rains sheeting down. The horses begin screaming, their fear overtaking them. Firefly's corral is brilliant though, strong enough to even withstand the kicks of a warhorse.

Prowl feels the fear wash over him shaking him a little. He can sense the wolves coming before he can see them and is ready for them. As they streak in on silent feet he dances to the north firing into them.

Something about this night, with the wet howls of the wolves and the screams of the horses triggers something in Little Miss Murder. Shaking with tears rolling down he face she bolts into the night.

Mercy looks to the north, her vantage point slick she raises a broad wall of flame that cause 2 of the pircing howls to be cut short. And other howls to begin in pain.

Smokey summons a pain of air mephits who flank him and Prowl.

WarMachine too feals the fear roll over him, but steels himself (ha! Pun for you!) and stands ready for the oncoming wolves.

Firefly summons his snot monster Efly, sending it toward the wolves. After a moment he shouts Get back here! We're Greys! Retreat is not a option! Which triggers another odd sensation. A feeling of calm washes over you, washing the fear away (Act normally next round).

The ring of wolves closes in.
    First from the north, those looking that direction see 2 sleek, almost cat like hounds fly over the top of the flames and advance on War Machine
    Spoiler
    Show

Only 1 hound can attack though
    (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage(1d8+4)[9]
    Trip attempt(1d20+3)[20]
    Please roll your attacks with your actions next time to speed things up a bit.
    Another huge black wolf joins the attacks in a moment, attempting to rip you to bits.

From the south west
    One of the wolves hangs back as the other large black ones charge Smokey and Prowl. Prowls arrow is loosed as he dances away, thunking directly into the huge wolf's head, killing it instantly. The other passes by the mephit and it swipes at it as it passes on its way to Smokey.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mephit AoO to hit (1d20+4)[13] Damage (1d3)[2]
    When the worg reaches Smokey it leaps upon him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chargeing (1d20+9)[26] Damage(1d6+4)[6] Trip (1d20+3)[17]

The white wolf and the smartest looking one both advance swiftly on Prowl. The white one breathing out a cone of ice just before it reaches Prowl. The other reaches him in a moment leaping upon him after the ice.
    Spoiler
    Show

(4d6)[18] Cold Damage Ref save 16 repeats in (1d4)[4] rounds

The other wolf's attack
    to hit (1d20+5)[19]
    Damage(1d6+3)[5]
    Trip (1d20+2)[18]

In the east the wolves/houns all bay and charge into camp, except 4 of whom turn to the recovering Little Miss Murder. All of them leaping on her attempting to drag her down.
    Spoiler
    Show

Make 2 AoO's

ToHit**(1d20+5)[14]
    Damage (1d6+3)[9]
    Trip (1d20+3)[14]

ToHit #2(1d20+5)[16]
    Damage (1d6+3)[6]
    Trip (1d20+3)[8]

ToHit #3(1d20+5)[10]
    Damage (1d6+3)[9]
    Trip (1d20+3)[5]

ToHit #4(1d20+5)[22]
    Damage (1d6+3)[7]
    Trip (1d20+3)[21]

Notes: If Mercy has a reach weapon she can AoO Worg(Yellow)#8
    Map will be up soon.
    Edit in fact here it is
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-04-26 at 12:11 AM.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Grey Knights IC

Mercy

Mercy looked around carefully, scanning the battlefield. She is hoping that all are able to hold their own, with the exception of LMM, who seems to be dealing with issues outside of the immediate danger presented. Figuring that it was better to hold her here, and hopefully distract the wolves facing her, than it was to allow her to rush off into the fog, Mercy quickly grips a slightly dessiccated bit of tentacle in her bag, and points towards Little Miss Murder. All around her, grasping both at the solder and the wolves that harry her, rise up a set of inky tentacles.

Spoiler
    Show
    No reach weapon, unfortunately.

Casting Black Tentacles, defensively if necessary. (auto-success unless other factors come into play, with a +20 modifier).

Grapple checks against LMM and the four wolves:
    (1d20+18)[21]
    (1d20+18)[32]
    (1d20+18)[38]
    (1d20+18)[24]
    (1d20+18)[35]

Sorry, Snark. It was the best I could come up with.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Miss Murder

The elf felt an odd calm wash over her. Just for a moment, and then she knew the tides of all-encompassing terror would return.

She doesn't waste that moment, lashing out with a mailed fist as if she could stave that feeling off with it. If she only had a second, she had to make it count. Her face is a ghastly mix of fear and anger, because she can feel the calm starting to slip away already.

Spoiler
    Show
    All attacks miss; her AC is 25 even at a dead run.

Your requested two AoOs; I assume that was directed at me, at least. Since panicking entails dropping held objects, she doesn't have her flail, but she's conveniently wearing gauntlets.
    Attack (1d20+15)[28], damage (1d3+5)[7]; attack (1d20+15)[30], damage (1d3+5)[6]

And then she'll hit one of them with Elder Mountain Hammer, taking a -5 on the attack to get 10 temporary hp. Attack (1d20+10)[20], damage (1d3+5)[8], extra damage (6d6)[16]; bypasses DR and hardness.

She'll also try to demoralize one of the wolves (the one she attacked if it survived, another if it didn't) as a move action: (1d20+22)[29]

Grapple check for when the tentacles come: (1d20+15)[20]
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Please note that if, in round 2, LMM IS still up and running away, Mercy is targeting not her, but the four wolves that had surrounded her in the previous round.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

War Machine
    AC 29 / Touch 11 / FF 28
    HP: 116

War Machine catches the wolf's bite attack on the handle of his large hammer, turning the blow aside. In response, he attacks the wolf, whirling the head of his hammer around and down in a powerful series of blows.

"Bad dog!" he yells at the beast.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1:1d20+18=22
    Attack 2: 1d20+13=28
    Crit Check: 1d20+18=38
    Crit Check: 1d20+13=15

Damage 1: 3d6+13=26
    Damage 2: 3d6+13=18

All DR, if the hounds have any, is reduced by 5, regardless of DR type, due to Sense Weakness

(don't know if a 22 hits or not, I suspect the 28 does, though)

(since i had some...complaints...about how i posted previously )

Second Round Action

War Machine shrugs off the bites from the animals, surging forward with his hammer again.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack 1: 1d20+18=30
    Attack 2: 1d20+13=16
    Crit Check 1: 1d20+18=31
    Crit Check 2:1d20+13=16

Damage 1: 3d6+13=23
    Damage 2: 3d6+13=23

All DR, if the hounds have any, is reduced by 5, regardless of DR type, due to Sense Weakness

Last edited by MrScary; 2008-04-26 at 10:19 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

Mercy offers up a quick and silent prayer to Fharlanghn that all students everywhere finish their exams and final papers soon, so that she can make tentacles sprout from the earth.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Bugbear in the Playground

DM

THE DM Offers a long prayer to anyone who is listening, Divine or not, for the same.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Prowl
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 81/81; AC: 28, t 20, ff 19(modified with skirmish and Expeditious Dodge)

Prowl draws a dragonsbreath arrow and streaks away several yards before firing at the white one with the cold breath and moving around behind the attacking wolves. "BRRR! 'Owdya tell wich're warewolvess an' wich're not? I only got fo' mo' sssilverss!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the delay. Busy weekend + hectic work project = Didn't get to look at all the posts from the weekend...
    Anyway, moving on...
    Reflex - (1d20+14)[25]; Nasty wolfsssess...
    And, what're these things we're fighting?
    KnowledgeNature - (1d20+10)[12]; KnowledgeDungeoneering - (1d20+8)[13]
    Shot on the Run: 20'/30'; around to left and down-ish. I wanna set up pinscer with wolves between me and everyone else, I can't access the most recent map.
    Attack - (1d20+17)[30]
    Crit - (1d20+17)[34]
    Damage - (1d4+5)[6] plus Skirmish - (2d6)[6] +1 FIRE and DC 15 Ref or catch fire! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    EDIT: Not great rolls, but hopefully they'll suffice.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-04-29 at 10:40 AM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Firefly Firefly hp 60, AC 23, 50% miss chance, 99pp

Slightly panicked by the disorderly situation, he backs a way 5 ft (to an untreatened square; or he casts defensively if not able to) and a small crystal granade is manifested which is lobbed behind W2 and W8. the frag granade breaks in a million shards and has the wolves in the area; hopefully dealing not to much damage to the tent and stable.

Spoiler
    Show
    casting defensively (1d20+16)[31]
    edit: my fault: rolled concentration twice; but this is with the wrong modifer ...

Hail of Crystals refl DC 22 (9d4)[24] physiscal piercing damage

concentration check (if needed) (1d20+5)[15]

Efly hp 68, AC 27, DR 5/magic

((I don't seem to find Efly on the map?))

Efly then attacks/charges/full attacks/... the wolves that threaten Firefly
    Spoiler
    Show
    rolls for 2 attacks (no modifier included yep). if he charges only attack 1 counts, but gets +2 attack
    1: (1d20+13)[26]//(2d6+10)[22]
    (crit:(1d20+13)[32]//(2d6+10)[16])
    2: (1d20+13)[22]//(2d6+10)[17]
    (crit:(1d20+13)[15]//(2d6+10)[15])

[/spoiler]
    Last edited by qube; 2008-04-30 at 12:58 AM.
    Yes, tabaxi grappler. It's a thing

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Alucard (TFS): I do things. I take very enthusiastic walks through the woods
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries
    Actually, "(e-1)/e for a limit to infinitiy", but, it's a good rule of thumb

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Erm. With a 20' burst, I'm going to assume that Mercy's caught in Firefly's grenade blast. Firefly too, probably. Naturally, if there's a way for her not to be...well, that'd be nice too. But just in case: (1d20+6)[8]

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

@Toliudar/Greyen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    firefly won't cast 'Hail of Crystals' or any offensive spells if any PC is caught in it ... (unless I specify it in the post).
    (since it's a 20ft burst: worst case senario: firefly cast it in the sky above the wolves, making himself and his allies more then 20 ft from the explosion, but not the wolves (w00t for being small )

RFC1925: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea.
    Math Rule of thumb: 1/X chance : There's about a 2/3 of it happening at least once in X tries

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I appreciate the effort, qube - REALLY, I do. But Mercy is sitting on your wall, so I suspect is vertically above the wolves.

Ah! You were probably describing an initial placement for the burst of V19, which would avoid you (if you 5' step north) and me. My shortsightedness - sorry!

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Smokey

Spoiler
    Show
    Trip: (1d20+2)[19]

Smokey flutters back from the charge, taking a slash to the calf as he draws his longspear and the mephets take up position.
    He then immerses himself in divine energy, seeming to steal it from the storm surrounding them as he grows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to P 14 and drawing longspear, Mephet 1 moves to S 11 and attacks (rolls in OOC), Mephet 2 moves to P 18 and attacks (rolls in OOC).
    Casting Righteous Might. 10 rounds left.
    Last edited by wadledo; 2008-04-30 at 06:33 PM.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

14. - Top - End - #224

(OOC-Try Number 2--paraphrased form the original for speed of posting. And I don'rt remember all of my flavor text from the first time I tried to psot this)

Init/Status
    Spoiler
    Show

Prowl- 24
    Little Miss Murder - 13
    Mercy - 6
    Smokey - 4
    WarMachine - 4
    FireFly-2
    Mobs-0

Balance DC10-to remain standing, or move at half speed.
    All Vision limited to 60'
    Anything beyond 20ft has 20%miss chance

(Forgot about Efly last rouns so he gets 2 this time.) He charges to the north destroying on the hounds threatening WarMachine.

Prowl spins out of reach firning a flaming arrow at one of the wolf things (Orangeish W's are wolf?, Blue are winterwolves, yellow are worgs) It yelps in pain spinning to confront him.

Little Miss Murder smacks around some fuzzy fiends. Landing hits on those that open themselves to her attacks and crushing the skull of the most aggressive one.

Mercy calls forth Black Tentacles from the ground which wrap up everything in their area. The worgs howl in pain, Miss Murder is caught up also.

War Machine is a chopping fury of living metal, making fur and blood fly, killing 3 of his attackers.

Smokey withdraws a little bringing his spear to bear as his two mephets swoop to the south killing the last wolf threatening Smokey ina fury of claw strikes.

Firefly's grenade explodes, spraying shrapnel into the two wolves threatening him and Mercy. Both of Whom yelp in pain. A moment later Efly charges into the worg, kicking its broken body aside.

The westernmost wolf(?) abruptly howls a short sharp howl and then streaks off to the north, skirting the wall of fire. The other wolves, that are able, perk their ears and barking twice follow suit. They break off and begin to flee to the north.

Map-->

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Firefly

seeing that Little Miss Murder seems to be in a though spot, and seeing that he's got enemies on the west of him, he decides to help LMM. "Tentacles? Hold on! ... euh, not to the tentacles .. I mean ... never mind ..."

Firefly moves half speed (20ft total) towards LMM (Y20)

Efly flies toward the tentacles (AH20, 10 ft above the ground)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

Lining up the two wolves fleeing to the northeast in her sights, Mercy calls down a flame strike to halt their progress.

Spoiler
    Show
    Targeting the wolves in AH4 and AI3, damage is half flame, half divine (not save-able), DC 21 to reduce damage by 1/4. Damage is (10d6+3)[34]

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Smokey

"If you would." Smokey bows and motions towards the not on fire wolves.
    "Howeeee!!"
    "Shut up."

The two mephets head off in that direction to do some final damage, casting blur as they go.

Smokey moves to try and help Missy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.

18. - Top - End - #228

The two wolves fleeing to the northeast are vaporized by the pillar of flame called down by Mercy.

The Snot-hulk and 2 mephits streak off after the other two fleeing to the north west, harrying them. The deatyh howls can be heard a few hundred feet away.

The tentacles eventually drop the 4 wolves it has and Little Miss Murder. Of the 4 one of them is mangled but still breathing. In fact it slowly reverts back to the form of a naked human male, unconscious.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

Gazing from the height offered by Firefly's wall, Mercy calls out to her companions.

You all right there, Miss? And it looks like you've got a new friend there. You feel safe in bringing the boy closer?

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Was it something I said?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Prowl
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 81/81; AC: 24, t 16, ff 19

Prowl scampers over to Miss Murder, all the while keeping a silvered arrow trained on the naked man. "Ya a'ight, cher?" he asks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry. Post wouldn't take when I tried and I forgot to repost...

Also, do I need to make another Reflex save from the Frost Breath?
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-05-07 at 09:48 AM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Miss Murder

Miss scowls as she glances at the dead wolves and the nearly dead man, controlling her breathing. Struggling with the tentacles would not normally have deprived her of breath; that had been whatever had come over her again. "Fine," she answers their inquiries shortly.

Reaching down to the young man, she drags him by one arm, none too gently, and dumps him unceremoniously between the stone corral and the fire, not speaking.

23. - Top - End - #233

As you all watch, the man's bruises and cuts begin to heal and fade away. His breathing becomes more regular and those with some knowledge of healing recognize that he moves from simply being unconscious to asleep.

Closer to the fire you can see that he is only a teenager, 15 years old at best. As he sleeps for a moment, his face scrunches up into a rictus of fear as his hands and arms twitch in counterpoint. Doggy dreams even haunt werewolves. A quiet moan escapes him ...rrRRrr...No.....Not again....

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

Mercy continues to stare down at the young man. Anyone know a good knot to hold a werewolf? Or do we just kill him? They did attack us.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

firefly

firefly thinks for a bit and clearly troubled he says "not really ... decapitation might help, but seems a bit harsh ... Though if we don't find a solution, he might attack innocents ..."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Smokey

"I suggest we drop him from a great hight."
    Smokey comments, "2000 feet should do it nicely."

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Mercy

Mercy sits back down on the wall, still watching the proceedings from a small distance.

Well, it'd be good to know if there are a LOT of werewolves up there, and what their defenses are like. Hey...

She scans the group, seeing the tears in Smokey and War Machine.

I don't know if Machine can get it, but can't werewolves pass the disease on with a bite or something. Smokey, how you feeling? Shouldn't we be doing...something about that?

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

Miss Murder

"Never really made it through the armor," Miss Murder mutters, glowering darkly at the young man. "Whatever we do with him—"for some reason, the words to him present themselves readily to listening ears"—we'll do it here. The horses don't need to be carrying any more."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Dwarf in the Playground

War Machine wipes away the "scratch", it wasn't even that, actually, more like some errant dirt that found its way onto his thick armored skin.

"Know the enemy and know thyself, and you will never be in danger. Know thyself and not they enemy, you may win half the time." the philosophical fighter says solemnly.

"I suggest we tie him up...tightly." he says, producing some thick, hemp rope from his backpack.

Use Rope - (1d20+2)[20] ** forgot to delete this, the actual roll with bonus is in the spoiler

Spoiler
    Show

Bind a Character
    When you bind another character with a rope, any Escape Artist check that the bound character makes is opposed by your Use Rope check.

You get a +10 bonus on this check because it is easier to bind someone than to escape from bonds. You don’t even make your Use Rope check until someone tries to escape.

Use Rope - (1d20+12)[25]

Last edited by MrScary; 2008-05-09 at 09:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

The boy is bound swiftly and easily his thin ragdoll frame, while a little more furry than he should be, is quite light. As War Machine ties off the last knot The boy struggles in the mud. His begins to whimper and his eyes snap open.

Now fully awake he skittishly looks around him in the torrential downpour, and begins to cry. His tears are washed away in the rain.