New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Freedom City Issue #2: Time of Vengeance

Wow, it's really...OK, compose yourself.
    "Nothing good, I'm afraid. Yesterday, ten hospital patients disappeared - we believe this was the work of Mr Infamy, though we aren't completely certain. Within the hours following their disappearance, three of them returned, transformed into supervillains themed around the first three Plagues of Egypt. One had control over blood, and turned the water in the city's reservoir into that very substance. One had been turned into a flea-man hybrid, unleashed clouds of insects on the city, and eventually turned human again once we convinced him to give up on his vengeful plans. A third one turned into a frog-man hybrid, and remains in custody. He was apparently tasked by some mysterious dark lady to attack a certain Harry Smileac, though we do not know the reason.
    At the moment, our main concerns are the lack of drinking water and the high likelihood that the next plagues will soon strike the city."

((Also, one more thing: In order to turn the blood back into water, Soul would need the 3-point version of Transform, with the Duration Extra and the Progression feat. Given the amounts involved, it'd still take a few days to design a Ritual to get that power...But if the GM allows it, then Soul's been working on it since yesterday.))
    Saga of Soul: Not your Typical Magical Girl Story.
    Where I Watch: My Little Pony

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

2. - Top - End - #272

Dr. Metropolis...this guy is serious business...but with him on our side, those plagues will be done with in no time!

"Dr. Metropolis!" Apex says as he stands at attention and gives a little salute. "What Soul has said is true, the city is prime for another attack. We just don't know where, when, or what will attack it! We just know that it will happen..."

This leaves me feeling so helpless right now! I want to be out there, fixing this situation!
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-06-12 at 11:57 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

((I found it! woooo! Okay, here we go))

EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! red siren, red siren.

The alarm goes off as if on que ((heh)), showing super powered activity somewhere in the city.

The city is under attack! I must go. without another word, or any ceremony, Dr. Metropolis disappears into the floor. This leaves you all with only the siren alarm and the alerts on the main screen.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Spoiler: DON'T LOOK! IT'S A TRAP!
    Show
    Spoiler: DON'T DO IT!
    Show
    Spoiler: LAST CHANCE TO LOOK AWAY!!!
    Show

Awwwwww, that's just... Well, I did warn you.

4. - Top - End - #274

((What about all the stuff I've mentioned...?))

"Er...I suppose we need to get going too." Soul checks the monitors to see what's going on.

Avatar by Lord Iames Osari, Grand Admiral Thrawn by Timothy Zahn. Thanks to both!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempo, having given up on finding a large enough body of water, switches to digging at random, hoping to discover an underground river. Hearing the alarm over his communicator, he zips back to HQ, covered head-to-toe in mud.

"What's going on?"

6. - Top - End - #276

"Er...I suppose we need to get going too."
    "Agreed. Though I wish Dr. Metropolis would have at least told us what was going on before he just...phased through the floor?" Apex says as he follows Soul to the monitors, but stops once he sees Tempo.

"What's going on?"
    "Well Dr. Metropolis was here and... Apex pauses as he notices the mud covering Tempo, "...and why are you so dirty? Anyway...something or someone is attacking the city!" Apex motions for Tempo to follow as he heads to the monitors.
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-06-14 at 04:13 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

The Museum, the super museum, is under attack, as are other locales in the area. Pictures show up on the Freedom Hall viewscreen: three super-criminals are attacking people in Midtown (a few blocks from Freedom Hall, actually, and not that far from the Goodman building).
    One is shaped like a giant man-fly with a massive cloud of insects sweeping over people in the downtown, and filling up the roads.
    A hideously thin girl is across the square, heading away from the front of the museum to the cafes beside the park; as she goes, the people in her way dry up like raisins and fall over.
    A third, this one a man, is on the steps of the museum, moving to enter it. Like the girl he is causing those around him to fall over; instead of becoming emaciated, they're suddenly being covered in boils: plague boils and sores!
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by fireinthedust View Post
    The Museum, the super museum, is under attack, as are other locales in the area. Pictures show up on the Freedom Hall viewscreen: three super-criminals are attacking people in Midtown (a few blocks from Freedom Hall, actually, and not that far from the Goodman building).
    One is shaped like a giant man-fly with a massive cloud of insects sweeping over people in the downtown, and filling up the roads.
    A hideously thin girl is across the square, heading away from the front of the museum to the cafes beside the park; as she goes, the people in her way dry up like raisins and fall over.
    A third, this one a man, is on the steps of the museum, moving to enter it. Like the girl he is causing those around him to fall over; instead of becoming emaciated, they're suddenly being covered in boils: plague boils and sores!
    Huh boy.
    "People, we have...eh, see for yourself.
    This madness must be stopped. The fly-man looks he's the one whose touch is least likely to be deadly, so he should probably be handled by those of us with melee specialization; Fireblade and Tempo. The famine girl...Aesir, do you actually need food to survive, being part god and all that? I suggest that you deal with her, with Apex flying high above ready to intervene with a surprise attack if it comes down to it. I have healing abilities so I'll handle the plague guy.
    Keep in mind that these guys might be reasoned with...but are also extremely dangerous.
    Any suggestions or alternate strategies before we move out?"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ettin in the Playground

"Are you sure you want to go solo again? I mean, after what happened last time...wait a sec. I have an idea. You know what eats flies?"

10. - Top - End - #280

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    "Are you sure you want to go solo again? I mean, after what happened last time...
    Soul sighs. "I know. I just don't have any better idea."

Quote Originally Posted by h_v View Post
    wait a sec. I have an idea. You know what eats flies?"
    "...You...might be on to something here. Though we'll have to check with him."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ettin in the Playground

"Right."

Suddenly, Tempo is down at the holding cells.

"Hi Rey. I'm Tempo. How would you like to be an honorary member of the League?"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

The Frog looks at you suspiciously. Jooooin Leeeeague? he croaks. nooooo joke?

Almond voices encouragement. Really? That's great! Rey, now's your chance! You can be a hero, Rey! A real hero and make things okay!

Rey perks up at this; if he had a tail it'd be wagging. Finally, a chance to be a super hero! To save ladies like his great aunt! To...

A moment later his frog form disappears. Rey... well, you see his developmental challenges are matched by physical impediments. He does look like a little frog, tho; those of you with an understanding of the harsher side of folks can tell he's an innocent soul with effectively a big target on him for abuse.

Rey looks at himself. ...daaaaang. and he sits down.

It's okay, Rey. I still like you.

((h_v: amazing suggestion, but it was exactly what Rey needed to be cured :) take a hero point!))
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283

Apex pipes up, "My suit has nano-repair devices to patch up any damage I take, so I could assist either Aesir or you Soul, depending on who needs the backup. How far away are these two battles going to be?"
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2008-06-15 at 11:50 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ettin in the Playground

"It's okay, Rey. You can still be an honorary member. Right now, though, I gotta go. The city needs me."

((Did the frogs vanish along with Rey's powers, or are they still here?))

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

Most disappeared, (and the victims out there have come to their senses) but for one that is hopping up and down trying to get to you. It seems excited to be out here, ready for adventure.

Goooo! Rey says, sending the frog as an emissary.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ettin in the Playground

Figuring that the frogs are not longer poisonous, Tempo picks up the frog and cups it in his hands. He zips back to the rest of the League.

"Rey's back to normal, and I think me and my bud here (Tempo indicates the frog) should be able to handle the fly guy ourselves."

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

((Sorry, all. Been busy.))

Fireblade sighs at the alarms. "Well, at least we know where to go now."

He walks into the holding cell and pats Rey on the shoulder. "Good on you, man. I knew you had that kind of superheroic resolve in you."

"You have a plan?" he says, turning back to Tempo and all business again. "You sure you don't need my help? If not, I can try to help tag-teaming famine girl, I guess."
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

18. - Top - End - #288

"I'd still rather you helped Tempo. Worst come to worst, I can heal myself or teleport out of harm's way. Actually...
    Rey, professor? Do you think you might be able to talk your...colleagues...out of destroying the city?"

((And, Fire? I asked questions you still haven't answered.))

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

((you mean the ritual? yeah, I forget stuff a lot (but you all know that by now, right? If not, I'm GM-fiating that you now do! ;) )
    Okay on the ritual, but it's a huge power expenditure. Hopefully this will all be over by then! ))

So Tempo and his frog (and maybe Fireblade) are going after the aerial assailant. Soul is going after Plague-lad, and Aesir and Apex are going after skinny girl. Let me know when you lot go.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

"Alright," Fireblade says. "I'm with Tempo then. Just one thing before I go...where does the League keep their damn jetpacks? I've been looking for one like all week, and if this dude can fly, I'd really like to have one."

((Basically what I'm asking here is, if I'm going to be fighting a flying enemy without Apex or another flyer on backup, if I can requisition a temporary Device with, say, Flight 2 (25 mph, 4 points) for the scene. I'll burn a Hero Point if that'd make it work. It's kinda beyond the scope of regular stunts, but...just tell me no if it's too much.

Whether he finds one or not, Fireblade will roll out with Tempo.))
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

((yeah, I was wondering if you guys would figure that out. I mean, he's a giant Fly, and I believe Tempo and Fireblade... well, *can't*. However, you lot are the heroes, so I assumed you had a plan up your sleeve!

fireblade: good question. It's a fair thought, that somewhere they'd have one. Finding it on short notice in an emergency isn't likely, as the Freedom League usually pick their fights based on powers (captain thunder and circe at least already can fly)))
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

"Well, maybe I should switch with either Fireblade or Tempo, so each group has someone who can fly."
    Thog fan 4 life

23. - Top - End - #293

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMuldoon View Post
    "Well, maybe I should switch with either Fireblade or Tempo, so each group has someone who can fly."
    Soul slaps her forehead. "Yes, you're right. You go with Tempo deal with the Flyn and try to bring him down while Tempo uses his speed to minimize collateral damage, and possibly help take down the Fly if Apex can bring him to ground level.
    Fireblade and Aesir deal with Skin Problem. Avoid touching him - use the sword if necessary.
    Almond and Ray, what do you think?"

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Fireblade sighs. "See, this is why I don't plan stuff. Anyway, I'm fine with that too. Let's roll. Teleport. Whatever."
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295

Fireblade sighs. "See, this is why I don't plan stuff. Anyway, I'm fine with that too. Let's roll. Teleport. Whatever."
    Soul closes her eyes, raises her index, and says: "Intelligence without valor is running away from battle to let your comrades face danger alone. Valor without intelligence is rushing into battle without a plan and dying a senseless death." She then immediately blushes and puts her hand over her mouth. "Um, that was not intended to sugest you were stupid, just that it's better to plan...I...Ugh. Let's go."

((I suppose we're ready to go, sure. Though that still leaves my question to Almond and Ray, if they think they could come along and convince their former roommates to stop the supervillain act.))
    Last edited by sun_tzu; 2008-06-18 at 09:25 AM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempo zips away for a moment, and comes back with a crude harness attached to his shoulder, the frog safely tucked inside. "Ready whenever you are."

27. - Top - End - #297

Apex turns to everyone, "Alright, everyone remember that its a possibility that these villains are just like Rey and Almond here, people who are just confused. Let's try to bring them down without hurting them too bad...but be careful. Stay frosty everyone. Apex then looks over at Tempo, "If the fly guy is in the air, I'll try and come at him from above and drive him down toward you. Lets do this."
    Thog fan 4 life

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    "The famine girl...Aesir, do you actually need food to survive, being part god and all that?"
    I'm not sure. I havn't really been hungry since my transformation, but I've never really tested it. Also, I think I've stopped getting sick."

((Sorry about the absence, I can't get on my computer right now. I'd like to say I'll be posting more, but on monday I'm leaving to visit family in Washington and won't be back until the 3rd. I'll try to post a few times while I'm gone, but no promises. If it gets disruptive someone else can take over Aesir. It shouldn't be too hard, just act way more scared than anyone with 12 impervious toughness and a huge list of immunities has any business being))

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

The trip to the scene of the attack is quick. You can immediately see what's going on: it's like the above post.

The fly-guy is soaring about up ahead with a massive flock of bugs. The Famine girl is much closer to the cafe, about to go in. The pox-man is up the steps, heading into the museum itself.

the whole square is filled with fallen and/or confused Freedomites, covered in boils and sores and wandering around, or else emaciated. Also others, being overwhelmed by flies.
    Grrr. Arrrgh.
    Show
    Show
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Tempo looks at his shoulder-bound friend. "Okay, this is going to be a team effort." With that, he zipped around the square, squashing flies at incredible speed, focusing particularly on the ones going after people.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Tempo will attempt to use his speed to get rid of the bugs. If the insects are like flea-guys, then I guess this counts as a Counter attempt

Initiative (1d20 45=57)

Counter Attempt (1d20 10=30)))
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2008-06-22 at 02:34 AM.