New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default delay on comics?

I've noticed in the last 2 weeks, only 1 comic has been posted. Is there something preventing new ones (vacation, convention, etc) that I missed? I'm jonesing for my erfworld fix!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Default Re: delay on comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Nowell View Post
    I've noticed in the last 2 weeks, only 1 comic has been posted. Is there something preventing new ones (vacation, convention, etc) that I missed? I'm jonesing for my erfworld fix!
    The (non)schedule has been "as Rob and Jamie are able" for a while. The other demands on their time have made that come out to about one per week.

That said, the Giant (that would be our host on these forums) doesn't want people starting threads on the subject of comic schedules, because they have an unfortunate tendency to degenerate -- broaching the subject leads to complaining; complaining leads to flamage; flamage leads to the Dark Side.
    Last edited by SteveMB; 2008-03-17 at 01:08 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SteveMB View Post
    The (non)schedule has been "as Rob and Jamie are able" for a while. The other demands on their time have made that come out to about one per week.

That said, the Giant (that would be our host on these forums) doesn't want people starting threads on the subject of comic schedules, because they have an unfortunate tendency to degenerate -- broaching the subject leads to complaining; complaining leads to flamage; flamage leads to the Dark Side.
    I think there's a little irony there: complaining about a slow update schedual leads to the Dark Side, but can't the Dark Side can bring the dead back to life? So, if we wanted to revive the update schedual, shouldn't we complain more?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Haha, I understand :) definitely not complaining, just curious if I missed something, since the schedule on the comic page still has set dates. I kinda like the approach taken by the OOTS schedule, updated 3 times a week at random :) But oh well, I guess I'll have to try and keep myself sane and check back a few times a day for my fix. A mod can lock this if they want, so it doesn't degenerate! :)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nowell View Post
    I've noticed in the last 2 weeks, only 1 comic has been posted. Is there something preventing new ones that I missed?
    You're new around here, aren't you?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    So, if we wanted to revive the update schedual, shouldn't we complain more?
    No. Because we are wise enough to understand that web comics writers have a life, and that that is not devoted to our amusement. So we will wait. Until after the revolution, I mean.

Laurentio

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

But oh well, I guess I'll have to try and keep myself sane and check back a few times a day for my fix.
    Nowell, I would hold off on that level of expectation. Jamie and Rob have produced 4 pages per month for the last three months, and they seem to have a groove going on that. If you want to keep up-to-date, I would suggest you use Google Reader or your preference, and subscribe to

www.giantitp.com/comics/erf.rss

That way, you can keep track of new updates without waiting for the page to load in heavy traffic.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Ahhh, didn't know the schedule has been off for that long. Just getting into the series, have a lot of free time at work to read archived comics :). I really should start using an rss reader though.

And yes, I am new here :)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham: Hrm, seemed like I locked this hours ago. I guess it didn't take. We don't discuss comic (posting) timing here; it's explicitly laid out in the Forum Rules as an Inappropriate Topic.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex