New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Mage: The Ascension - Enigma (IC)

Piers is silent through this exchange, listening carefully, gauging this odd man.
    Last edited by Blantz1886; 2008-04-16 at 07:06 PM.
    They lure us in with the promise of decapitation and give us this charming leprachaun guy? That IS evil.
    We will settle this the old navy way. First one to die, loses.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Treat them like people she knows," Shivapriya says, as if savoring every syllable. "This was colossally mismanaged by whomever is moving these pieces, in particular mine and this other's. We all wind up pawns in other games -- this is not my objection -- but treating us like ignorant pieces of plastic is worse than insulting. He may not know any better --" she glances at Piers -- "but I promise you I sure as hell do. Further, should I meet this ignorant sow again, I will take from her pocket however much money she will owe me to cover the cost of the bullets I used to kill her.

"Expecting compliance with no information and zero support, with a Marauder thrown in on site, is so ridiculous I don't think there are words in any language suitable." She slides a knight around.
    You have enslaved him. You have placed him under some strange sexual spell. I respect that. But please, may we see him?
    - Morticia

3. - Top - End - #513
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

The man blinks in surprise "I wasn't refering to that one, she could never hold any title as a mage. In fact I believe the council ensured she could never be trusted again." He rests a finger on his King for a moment (oddly it has the face of the woman you met at the motel)"I'm afraid I must apologize to the both of you. Anna rushed to me soon after she had met you, worried she had just put you in the hands of the technocracy." He slides one of his bishops forward a space. "I had to stop her from sacrificing herself to fight the technocrats in this very airport to make sure you got through, I might add."

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, Anna knocks on the other twos door, mentioning for them to meet her at the car.
    Last edited by CloakedInsanity; 2008-04-17 at 02:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"To be kept in the dark and fed on **** is appropriate for a mushroom," Shivapriya says sourly, "And not for a Chakravanti, and surely not for someone you're implying you have placed value upon or considered worthy of respect. This is further compounded by a massive ethical breach centered on this one over here." She again glances in Piers' direction. "I am disgusted. Keep your apologies. They are not accepted."
    Last edited by ajivani; 2008-04-17 at 06:26 PM.
    You have enslaved him. You have placed him under some strange sexual spell. I respect that. But please, may we see him?
    - Morticia

5. - Top - End - #515
    Dwarf in the Playground

Piers looks mildly confused, but keeps quiet, not completely sure what is going on.
    They lure us in with the promise of decapitation and give us this charming leprachaun guy? That IS evil.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Shivapriya's mouth curves a moment as if to explain, but she decides against it as everyone in this country is evidently bullet-proof and fluent in French. She chooses instead to zoom another bishop across the board.
    - Morticia

7. - Top - End - #517
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

"Daring move. But, in the end there are those you must protect." He moves a pawn, with his own face to block the bishop. "I consider her almost daughter, one that has already been saved from torture and certain death, from vampires in fact. The simple fact is, sometimes there is just not time for everything that needs to be said, especially when ones lives are on the line. She came here to save mages from a grim fate with the technocracy to give more the same chance. Now Im afraid time has now run out." He waves his hands over the board "I am honored to say this game will be a draw. Now, I believe I have kept you long enough, its time you be getting aboard your flight." he calmly stands up, and bows.
    Last edited by CloakedInsanity; 2008-04-17 at 07:40 PM.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Shivapriya nods to him once, then ignores him.
    - Morticia

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I care not for this flowery wording your using old man. You mention not having enough time to say what needs to be said, and speak in riddles, taking more time which you claim you don't have. Apparently you have more time than you thought, and you wasted it. Maybe that is why you are so old, and here I stand in my youth."

10. - Top - End - #520
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Shivapriya pinches the bridge of her nose, although whether to contain a headache or gales of merry laughter is unclear.

(ooc: yes, my mind shield is still up)
    - Morticia

11. - Top - End - #521
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

holding post for a second....
    Last edited by CloakedInsanity; 2008-04-17 at 08:52 PM.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

/holding, as GM is editing his post

Shivapriya rises in an instant. "Fils de pute," she snaps.

(ooc: Dex + athletics = 4 dice = 3, 5, 6, 9, 2 successes. She said, "Son of a bitch." I bought a book of rude French for this game.)
    Last edited by ajivani; 2008-04-17 at 09:03 PM.
    - Morticia

13. - Top - End - #523
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

GiTP is annoying the heck out of me with this taking forever to modify posts... Ill be doing a restart on my forum so this stops being a hassle for me to run, as things are, things get messed up fast when i keep having to re-do my posts...

http://www.gkludt.net/dnd Think the only person that needs to register is Vin, if that isnt a problem with you. Ill get the approved bit done asap.

Now heres where I am at (in general terms with doing this) Youll keep what EXP you got (ill post it on the other forum)

A person you worked with for alittle bit (Selvia )betrayed you by attempting to turn you and the person you were sent to protect (Anna) over to the Technocracy. This time around you are all in the same boat... kill or be hunted, you just have someone to protect this time around.

Doing this for a couple reasons 1)GITP is making life difficult for me 2)Running essentially 2 games to keep Takashi in it right from the get go IMO isnt fair to everyone. I dont have the time with work and all to plan for two games.
    Last edited by CloakedInsanity; 2008-04-17 at 10:22 PM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ok, why are we protecting Anna?
    - Morticia

15. - Top - End - #525
    Bugbear in the Playground

registering now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.