New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Mage: The Ascension - Enigma (IC)

She opts without eggs, and takes a bite. "You look a little disturbed. Maybe disturbed is not the right word. Talk to me?"
    You have enslaved him. You have placed him under some strange sexual spell. I respect that. But please, may we see him?
    - Morticia

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Its an old family saying. Passed down from the days of when my ancestors sailed the south seas. It has very little meaning now, but back then, it was a blessing so we see the day through to the end. With what our employer's resources are, if us telling them we arent working for them anymore is not taken well, then we may find ourselves in a bit of trouble."
    They lure us in with the promise of decapitation and give us this charming leprachaun guy? That IS evil.
    We will settle this the old navy way. First one to die, loses.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

She takes a sip of her coffee and smiles. "They will be furious," she says brightly. "But why worry about it? Are you driving, or me? I noticed our cars are the same."
    You have enslaved him. You have placed him under some strange sexual spell. I respect that. But please, may we see him?
    - Morticia

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I would say whichever is more comfortable for the driver. If they become furious at us, more than likely the passenger will need to be returning fire. I havent tried it often, but from what I hear, firing from a moving vehicle is rather difficult."
    They lure us in with the promise of decapitation and give us this charming leprachaun guy? That IS evil.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

She shakes her head. "It is not really that difficult. You just need to time your shots with the swaying of the vehicle and brace yourself correctly. Perhaps one day I will tell you what happened in Manila. In any case, I am a terrible driver."
    - Morticia

6. - Top - End - #216
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Mine it is then. Lets see what happens. If I where you, if you have any personal belongings, don't leave them here. We may not be returning to this place."

Piers finishes off his burrito and coffee, and heads up to his room, where he collects his holster for his colt, dons his heavy jacket, and a duffel bag from his closet. Making sure he has everything of personal value stashed in the bag, his spare cash, and some other odds and ends, he goes out to his car and puts the bag in the trunk of his car.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Shivapriya does likewise, erasing her presence in the small room. She places her things in Piers' trunk, then waits to leave.
    - Morticia

8. - Top - End - #218
    Dwarf in the Playground

When it looks like she is ready, Piers gets into the car, and when she gets in as well, sets off for the base.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

She watches the passing traffic. "I think we are not mentioning our plan to this monk, yes?"
    - Morticia

10. - Top - End - #220
    Dwarf in the Playground

Piers shrugs "Works for me."
    Last edited by Blantz1886; 2008-04-02 at 06:27 PM.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

They arrive at the headquarters. Shivapriya adopts her usual happy persona.
    - Morticia

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Piers takes his normal chair, and drapes himself over it looking bored.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

She picks out another chair and sits in it, assuming a full lotus position.
    - Morticia

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

From inside the briefing room, you here two people in the hallway having a rather heated argument. From what you can hear you figure out it is Capt. Selvia yellling at Capt. Long about what happen last night. "You mages are all the same... look after your damn selves." Apparently this pisses her off more "Look, one, maybe even all three of them could have been killed, or worse. You deciding not to even show up had me running around trying to cover their backs by myself. They are just lucky I could get a car when I could, or it would have been worse. Next time you bloody well better have your men in line, damn what the Technocracy tells you. The foot steps and talking drift off down the hall.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Upon hearing this, and some of the key words, Piers turns to Shivapriya and whispers "That would be that word you mentioned before. Are we outbound or do we take care of a few lose ends first?"

[using forces 2 to make sure anything said is heard just between us two.
    7,8,8,3]

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Shivapriya rises, reaching into her coat. "I think we tie knots."
    - Morticia

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Piers nods "Lets begin with a sailors knot." and brings an arm inside his jacket while standing up

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

She pulls out her freshly-reloaded .45 and says, "If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one. I am become death, shatterer of worlds." She walks with clarity and purpose towards the meeting room.

(ooc: bhagavad gita for the win!)
    - Morticia

19. - Top - End - #229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Piers draws his colt as well, and follows suit. "Know that though the sky is red this morn, I sail with no fear, for the albatross flies not for me."

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

The only person in the meeting room is Capt. Selvia, apparently busy with something on the rooms computer.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Shivapriya holds her weapon in a down/ready position. "Selvia. Are you a member of the Technocracy?" she asks, her voice calm and even.

(ooc: Mind 2 Entropy 1 to tell if she is lying, presumably diff 6, arete = 6, 10, 10 )
    Last edited by ajivani; 2008-04-02 at 09:46 PM.
    - Morticia

22. - Top - End - #232
    Dwarf in the Playground

Piers holds his gun aimed at the other exit of the room, and moves close to the system that Selvia is using. He places one hand upon it with his gun still drawn towards the door, though making sure he is not in the line of fire should Shivapriya open fire.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

Capt. Selvia seems confused by the two having guns in their hands coming into the breifing room. "No, and even if I was, their apparent arrogance would make me change my mind. Now, why the drawn guns?" She sounds more pissed off than anything, probably still from the previous events. Sensing her emotions leads you to believe she is telling the truth.

On the terminal are two lists of names, apparently one being a database of names that the unit has on hand, the other is relatively short, possibly the retrieved data. By the looks of she seems to be concerning herself with the database, looking through the "L" section in particular.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Shivapriya then asks, "Are you a Tradition mage, a Nephandus, or an Orphan?"

(ooc: same rote, 4, 6, 8)
    - Morticia

25. - Top - End - #235
    Dwarf in the Playground

ooc: the hollow one and euthanatos are causing quite a ruckus in the briefing room via IM with the GM

26. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOC: Oh boy...I better not find anyone dead in there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayn
    You know, I'm beginning to realize that when I chose to go from being a player to being the GM, I essentially went from being a mere leader of some nation to being God. And it feels good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade_Tarem View Post
    It's been said that a good backstory is like a skirt - it should be long enough to cover everything that needs to be covered, but short enough that it can keep someone's interest. This... is basically the train of a wedding dress.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

Selvia was killed by an electrical "mishap"

The Euthanatos and Hollow one booked it and got the hell out of dodge

They are cruzing down side roads, hitting up Bend OR, Death Valley, the Grand Canyon, and ending up in Vegas.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

DrowGuy

There was quite a rucus in there escape, quite a few men dressed in swat gear came to attempt to pursue/stop them. Oddly, a man in a lab coat showing up led to them deciding to book it, while also leaving the hallway quite a mess (lots of cracked tiles/flooring/walls, much like a large blast of pressure happened)

After there escape, Capt. Long walks through the rubble, looking around at happened. After the tear gas clears, the men get to work checking the building to ensure the two arent hiding anywhere.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LongVin View Post
    OOC: Oh boy...I better not find anyone dead in there!
    OMG. We walked in, electrocuted Selvia after I tried to shoot her, then a bunch of men with assault rifles slipped on the ... um, floor wax! in the hall, then were promptly poisoned with a tear gas grenade. Then some vulgar magick slinging dude in a labcoat showed up and started nuking ****. We booked it.
    - Morticia

30. - Top - End - #240
    Dwarf in the Playground

He was vulgar by pulling a neo...Shivapriya fired off a tri-round burst, and he stopped the bullets in mid air. His paradox hit the area...aka: maurader aka: book it