New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Girl Genius (Game Thread)

"Well, well, well, it looks like our lucky day, Fleeing Coward, admitted Revenant/Devil, gets a nice rope necktie... I hope."
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

*points at Fleeing Coward*

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

evnafets points at FleeingCoward
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

*cough*

Freshmeat
    Avy by Ink.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Fleeing Coward.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LeoMan View Post
    *cough*

Freshmeat
    Quoted for the record.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Bugbear in the Playground

He obviously isn't a revenant, no one would be that foolish
    Of course, since I don't even know who the other revenants are, maybe he is.
    How about lynching him today and letting me live another night?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Spell onkceh backwards, FC.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

((Damn it! I was going to point at Freshmeat but now that it's been done I won't seem nearly as edgy and cool if I do it too. You'll pay for this Leoman!))

The crazy man wanders around town aimlessly. He looks over his shoulder fearfully every now and then as if genetically altered shellfish are lurking in every corner. He mutters to himself unintelligibly, abruptly he leaps at a passerby.

"I've got you now! Oh sorry mister I thought you were one of them, you know?"

He stumbles off of Fleeing Coward then scurries away muttering.

10. - Top - End - #70

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Mister Fullbladder is in the process of attempting to sell a sock (that pulls itself up, why not) to a random passerby when the rumours hit him.

"Hmmm? Fleeing Coward y'say? I barely believe it. I wonder if he'd buy this special cushioned spider saddle? Got it off a good dealer in the north. Assures me it completely one of a kind, no plans, prototypes, or backups. Something every ghostlady should have....."

He rambles on to himself like this as he fishes just such a saddle from his heavy travelling bag. Then, of course, he starts looking for his potential buyer. After, he's sure FC is just dying to get something like this.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Banned

Day 2 Ends

A crowd corners Fleeing Coward.
    It's over, Fleeing Coward!
    We know what you are!
    Fleeing Coward smirks. You may kill me, but the mistress will still be victorious!
    Yeah, whatever, Ganurath says, blowing Fleeing Coward away with a pocket deathray. The beam also kills Rumda, Capfalcon, and North. ... Oops. Agatha, I think this one still needs some tweaking... Lars melts into the crowd.

Fleeing Coward was lynched. He was Vrin. Rumda, Capfalcon, and North were autolynched. They were all Villagers. Night 2 Begins.

((RULES CHANGES AND CLARIFICATIONS:
    Recruitment by the Hiver Engine cannot be refused.

However, Sparks now have the option use their night actions to protect someone from recruitment for that night.

Also, to make things less weighted against the Revenant side, the Day Baner must now choose his targets the night before.

I apologize for all the changes I'm making; this is my first WW game, and the original rules weren't as well balanced as I'd first hoped.))
    Last edited by Lord Iames Osari; 2008-04-01 at 09:14 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72

((Well, good luck Revenants, at least now we have a chance of victory. I knew I wouldn't survive long as the devil especially after my first scry result came back ))
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

13. - Top - End - #73

In the middle of the night, various strange noises can be heard from the props wagon. As the sound grows in intensity, so too does the crowd of curious circus members that is slowly forming itself outside.
    Unsure of what to do, everyone decides to wait until Master Payne arrives. When he does so, he unceremoniously enters the props wagon to find out what's going on. He knows that it can only be Moxana and would like to know what warrants this nightly interruption.

To his surprise, he sees that Moxana has started a new game.

As the circus master beckons closer, he notices that the clank is holding up one specific card. One that almost (though he would never admit this to anyone afterwards of course) sends a chill down his spine:

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #74
    Banned

((Revenants, please remember to send in your votes for the night kill. So far I've only received one.))

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Iames Osari View Post
    ((Revenants, please remember to send in your votes for the night kill. So far I've only received one.))
    ((They vote? What sort of Revenants are they? Insert humorous smiley here.))

16. - Top - End - #76

((The kind that I shouold have tried to get into contact with before I died . Had assumed that only the devil didn't know the other revenants like classic ww))
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    ((The kind that I shouold have tried to get into contact with before I died . Had assumed that only the devil didn't know the other revenants like classic ww))
    ((And what's stopping the Revenants from accidentally killing their own if they don't know who one another are? Mafia spoiled me when it comes to game balance...))

18. - Top - End - #78

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    ((And what's stopping the Revenants from accidentally killing their own if they don't know who one another are? Mafia spoiled me when it comes to game balance...))
    ((Depending on the narrator, the wolves will either kill off one of their own (although this is a rare occurence), or they'll find out about eachother's identities (at least, everyone who voted to kill the 'victim' in question and the victim himself) and then there's no night kill.
    I find it a bit ironical that you mention Mafia. I can only recall you being in one Mafia game (Mafia VI) and that one had way too few wolves if you ask me (hence the landslide villager victory). To Andre's credit though, his games are probably still some of the most balanced out there, barring werewolf classic (and a couple of other games) of course.))
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #79
    Banned

Night 2 Ends

Tonight is not quiet in Mechanicsburg. Sporadically, sounds of violence issue from various parts of the city. In the morning, five people are found dead, and rumors are flying about the three newly-revealed madboys in your midst.

Bloddyredcommie, Eldritch Knight, Face Of Evil, hap_hazard, and Jontom Xire were killed. They were two villagers, the Hiver Engine, and two Revenants, respectively. Gezina, Griever, and Mordokai are Sparks. Day 2 Begins.

20. - Top - End - #80

((Some of you may find this move a bit surprising. I prefer to think of it as the most logical and efficient way to find the last Revenants. It also serves as a statement - namely that both masonic factions are actually the real problem here, balance-wise. Due to the Spark, Team Good can also completely outwolf the Revenants at their own game.

For those of you who are wondering:
    - I requested the removal of Face of Evil, hap hazard and Jontom Xire, all of whom were Revenants.
    - I also requested the removal of Bloodyredcommie. I changed my mind afterwards, but it appears my last-minute change didn't get through in time. So you might just as well say my ficklety got a civilian killed here. My bad.
    - As a result of the above, it seems safe to conclude that EK was killed by the Revenants last night.

We've now entered the stage of unknown-killing. Some of the non-masons have already been scried. However, since only my scry offers -absolute- proof of someone's innocence, the process of finding the last two Revenants - Lucrezia and a generic Revenant/Wolf - might take a few days or so.))

As for today:

Sweetlikelemons

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Freshmeat; 2008-04-03 at 01:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Sigatar by Crimmy

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

It gets even worse when you consider that Lucrezia scries as a Civilian, which means targetting Sparks. (Lucky Othar) Fresh, can you send the rest of the circus the names of the Empire now that the Hiver Engine is dead so we can eliminate suspects?

In the meantime, sweetlikelemons, because Fresh's logic has proven reliable even if he's leaving us out of the loop.

22. - Top - End - #82

BardGuy

Wow... just wow... By the looks of it, we have Lucrezia and maybe a Revenant recruit left (IIRC, only two Revenants to start with...)

I'll take this kind of result any day... points at Sweetlikelemons

Even if we're wrong, with the Hiver Engine out of the way, this just got a lot easier.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

SweetLikeLemons

24. - Top - End - #84
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, that was an interesting night..."

((*points at SweetLikeLemons*))

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Woohoo, let's get all those dirty revenants! String 'em up! Wait, what? Me? All I did was sell my delicious hybrid vegetables at a fair market rate, I see nothing sinister in that. So maybe my prices fluctuate a bit, but, hey, that tourist fellow turned out to be a revenant after all and he didn't buy a thing, anyway. Hrm, this 'howling mob' thing is a lot less fun when it is me they are howling after. I know! How about I offer you fine folks each a free sample of these splendidly colored carrots, fresh just yesterday morning, and then you take your pitchforks and torches and death rays and whatnot, and go howling after someone who actually is a tool of The Other? Like, maybe, that Ryshan Ynrith? He seems much more suspicious, if you ask me."

((I know that I am not likely to change anyone's mind, what with the seer pointing at me and all, but I would just like to point out that it is because he hasn't proved that I am a good guy, not because I am a bad guy. Which I'm not. No, I can't prove it, but I hope that if you all do go along and waste your lynching on me today, when you discover that I am an innocent bystander, I get a little more than a "My bad". Not that I'm holding out hope for even that much. Yay for collateral damage...))
    Many thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

26. - Top - End - #86

((Ouch, couldn't you have just played it slowly and lynched the revenants here Freshmeat? That would have at least given them a slight bit of hope that they can actually win this ))
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

((Sorry for the unbalanced rules, everybody. I'm already thinking of ways to make it better for next game.))

28. - Top - End - #88
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

evnafets points at SweetLikeLemons

((I will admit to being completely lost, and not being able to follow this game at all.
    Of course not being part of the "mason" group probably lends a lot to that.))

Vow! Dat wuz a awwwfuuul lot of keeling lazt night. Anda sparks are about! Zees eez too much for a poor lil Jager like me.
    Last edited by evnafets; 2008-04-03 at 05:33 PM.
    Check out past werewolf games at the Unofficial GiantITP werewolf archive
    Also wasting too much time playing Evony right now.
    I don't wanna be a llama or a duck or a wabbit.
    I wanna be a POODLE!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

((I don't quite understand how I was killed, but no matter.)

@V: ((I'm sorry, it was a poor choice of words. I just meant that this would have been a better game if we had more players. Also, you need to re-work the rules a bit, Lord Iames.))
    Last edited by FoE; 2008-04-03 at 05:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

((A spark killed you. I forget which one. And sorry. ))