New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default No, Acolytes, YOU are the Heretics (IC)

It's been a week since the lighter took you up from the Inquisitorial Headquarters in the hive city Sibellus to the Chartist Vessel, a wing of which your newly assigned Inquisitor owns. Though you have seen glimpses Lady Aenid Wilkes in the cramped corridors of the Catachan Pride, always wearing her power armor with a chainsword at her side, she has yet to address any of you new acolytes once. Just as well, for it's unlikely she would answer any of your questions as to where you were traveling through the Warp to or why. She's rumored to be tight-lipped to the extreme, though as to why is anyone's guess, as she has a reputation of killing heretics before they can draw their last breath.

The area of the ship you are on consists of mostly single bunks and steel hallways. There are only three notable rooms in this area of the ship: the mess, a drab, large room capable of seating at least two hundred acolytes and their meals of protein paste, a small, converted shrine to the God-Emperor, and the everlocked personal quarters of your Inquisitor.
    Last edited by an kobold; 2008-03-30 at 10:51 PM.
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: No, Acolytes, YOU are the Heretics (IC)

Erian

Erian has taken his quarters in the ship, and seems totally at home in the cramped corridors and rooms of the ship.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tower

Tower has also made herself comfortable in her quarters, not notably distressed by the enviroment. She does seem bored, though.

I mean like, damn bored. Seriously, gray walls, gray ceiling, nothing to freaking do! No, screw this, i'm going to find a game of dice.

And thus Tower is to be found in the mess hall, playing dice for low stakes and discussing the downs and downs of space travel.
    Last edited by Rockbird; 2008-03-31 at 02:14 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Checking that her myriad stub guns are stowed in their respective holsters, Helena leaves her bunk, intent on finding some sort of martial contest to bide her time with. May as well keep toned up while I'm here, not much else to do on a boat like this. Helena starts looking for the armory or target range.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    Awesome sigitars by Abardam and Mysticaloctopus
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

The collaborative homebrew setting I'm working on: Nutopia

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Asanti can be found in the small shrine, kneeling before the Emperor's image. He is muttering something under his breath, probably prayers to the Sun God.

((For the record, the Sun God and the Emperor are the same. Feral world belief systems and all, you know))
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

6. - Top - End - #6

On her search for the armory Helena happens by the shrine and ducks through the bulkhead. Stepping down into the shrine she notices Asanti. Cocking an eyebrow at the tall feral she kneels wordlessly at the altar, praying to the God of her mothers.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Asanti is, as previously mentioned, very tall. He's got dark skin, almost black even, a side effect of the sun-baked desert world he was born on. His eyes are closed right now, but the blue tattoo around the right one is clearly visible. That and the necklace made from what look like fingerbones are the only sign that he's a feral. His tribe, and world even, were very regimented for nomads.

His hunting rifle is currently lying in front of him. The other weapons are all holstered, sheathed, and otherwise carried on his person.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Vorin, despite having erected a shrine to the Omnissiah in his personal quarters where he tended to his items and machine parts, thought it prudent to kneel before the Emperor, embracing His duel aspects as man and machine. As he walked into the shrine-room he took note of the tall dark skinned feral worlder. Vorin was fairly tall, being a few inches over 6 feet, however his complexion was the absolute opposite of the dark-skinned warrior. Where Asanti had dark, sun baked skin, Vorins flesh was white as a sheet, and his skin was pallid like the flesh of the dead. Their backgrounds were similarly different, where Asanti was a
    feral man, born to the world of superstition and primitive means, Vorin however, being born on a ship, came naturally to the world of technology, it being as much a part of him as his skin or his metallic components. He pushes such thoughts from his head. Now they had a similar purpose in the service of the Inquisition and the Emperor, as well as the Omnissiah.

He knelt down and began to murmur words of praise, and chatter in binary, while praising both the cog-wheel symbol of his god, and the holy form of Him on Earth.
    Last edited by Lord_Asmodeus; 2008-03-31 at 02:34 PM.
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Your activities are disturbed as the ship trembles from the stress on the hull from exiting the Warp. From your section of its metals bowels, you can hear distant alarms and movements, but all from afar. Shortly afterwards, the local intercom barks out in a female voice:

The acolytes Vorin Kess, Asanti Craymer, Helena Romanov, Kaile, Erian Jaegar, and Quirt are hereby ordered to Lady Wilkes' quarters for debriefing. Prepare for off ship assignment.

And then it clicks off. The corridors have become still and all the other, more experienced acolytes have retreated to their rooms. In the silence you can hear hydraulics that can only mean one thing: the heavily armored and ornate door to your Inquisitor's quarters has slid open.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

The deathly tech-priest ceases his binary chattering to listen in to the message. At its conclusion he stood swiftly muttering a final prayer to the Emperor guidance and to the Omnissiah for purity of knowledge and thought, before walking as quickly as his still-organic legs could carry him toward the Lady-Inquisitors chambers.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Asanti opens his eyes at the announcement. They're blue, almost as much as the tattoo, though slightly less bright. He picks up his hunting rifle and stands, only then noticing the others in the shrine with him. One shrug later, he's on his way towards the source of the hydraulic noise.

Not very social, is he?

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Woken up by the annoucement Quirt dresses quickly and walks down the halls to where he is required to go at a fast past ignoring any stares at his scar.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

13. - Top - End - #13

Helena takes in the stoic feral with his long gun and the pasty chattering Cog Boy with some interest. She'd never seen such unconventional (in her mind at least) servants of the Emperor, more used to the no-nonsense regimentation of the Isolde Guard. She finishes her prayers just as the alarm sounds and stands, rolling her shoulders and running one hand through her buzz cut blond hair. As Asanti leaves she turns to the techpreist and offers a Kevplast gauntleted hand. "Helena Romanov, formally 58th Isolde Bastion Corps., you are?"
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Vorin turns, looking at the well-muscled female guardsman with his deep passive green eyes, his augmetics whirring lightly in the background. I am Vorin Kess, technogropher of the Adpetus Machanicus, blessed by the Omnissiah, previously of the Dominator class Cruiser, the Vengeful Blade He shakes her hand, his hand is oddly cold and clammy, though not cold enough to feel like a dead mans, it is still disconcerting, and his controlled tones and toneless eyes all betray his attempts to become more like the machine he felt he was at heart.

15. - Top - End - #15

Helena grips the offered hand firmly and then turns to the door. She looks back at Vorin and asks "Shall we?" before heading to the Inquisitor's quarters.
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2008-04-01 at 02:07 AM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tower

As the announcment booms through the ship, Tower goes back to her quarters and fetches the few possessions she keep there.
    Shouldering the strap to her autogun holster and pocketing some small things, she sets off again, this time towards the inquisitors quarters.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

Erian

Erian leaps from his bed, where he was meditating, and picks up his staff, walking briskly to the Inquisitor's quarters, his sword and pistol bouncing against his leg.

He is a somewhat daunting sight- tall and paper-white, with a totally hairless head and wide, black eyes. Metal plates are bolted to the back of his head, which looks oddly bulbous; however, the most notable thing, even on such an esoteric individual, is the dark Aquila of his sanctioning brand, marking him out as a Psyker.
    BImportant note: I'll be away from the Internet for two weeks. Apologies to anyone this causes a problem for.

Thanks to xiolin_monk (AKA Maestro) for the Wolf Priest avvy.

I am the insane creator of the Mind Flayer Paladin of Freedom. Fear his brain-eating for goodness.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Vorin nodded as the burly female Guardsmen bustled into the room, and raised an eyebrow as the Void-Born psyker hurried over before ducking in. He stood between the burly guardswoman and the void-born psyker, awaiting the arrival of the Inquisitor.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

You find yourself in a large office facing a desk covered in tomes of knowledge and neatly stacked paperwork. Various human heads are mounted on plaques attached to the walls with inscriptions of the deeds they committed to deserve such a hanging fate. The wall behind the desk is bare, however, save for two objects: a larger than life gold seal of the Inquisition and a huge rifle with an equally large scope covered in various purity seals. An almost unnoticeable door on the right wall opens and Lady Aenid Wilkes steps out and pauses to give you the sign of the Aquila before sitting down behind her desk.

Your Inquisitor is well suited for the environment she has chosen for herself. Her black hair has been pulled back into a bun, revealing a pale face and clearly artificial eyes. Despite being within the safety of a chartist vessel, she continues to wear her power armor even within her own quarters, ever ready for the heretical threats to her life and the Imperium.

Hello, Acolytes. Currently we are in orbit around the planet Huma. You will be investigating a rising political star on the planet, a one Atellus Ravion. The Inquisition has received several indications that this man is involved with a cult linked to the Corporaptor Hominis. Most likely it is not anything that serious, but any cult that strays from the God-Emperor is heretical, as is anyone with so many powerful accusations attached to their name. It is your duty to investigate, exterminate, and report your findings back to me, in that order.
    Lady Wilkes reaches into her desk and withdraws six data-slates, placing them on the desk within your reach.
    These will provide you more information on both Huma and your target. Look over them on your descent. You leave immediately, an Aquila is awaiting your presence in the Inquisitorial Hangar. Acolytes, this is all of yours first assignment. Do not disappointment the Emperor or myself.

With that, she briefly stands to give the Aquila again before retaking a seat, waiting for you to leave.
    Last edited by an kobold; 2008-04-01 at 02:31 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tower

Tower takes one of the discs and leaves the room in silence, giving the Inquisitor a deep bow of respect on her way out. Outside, she waits for her fellow acolytes.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quirt picks up a slate, salutes and marchs out heading for the ship that was to take him down to the planet. He pauses when he walks out seeing a fellow Acolyte waiting at the door. Looking at her he waits expecting her to say something.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tower

As Quirt pauses outside the door, Tower looks at him shortly before speaking.
    So, i guess we'll be working together? Name's Kaile, though i'd prefer it if you called me Tower.

Looking at Tower, the first thing you'll notice is an air of confidence mixed with caution. After that, you'll see a quite young woman in a rugged vest, rather dirty trousers and an autogun in a holster with a strap that she's slung over her shoulder. She has shoulder-length brown hair and the imperial aquila tattooed on her left shoulder.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

As the briefing ended Vorin nodded and stepped outside after taking one of the data-slates, he began reading it as he stepped outside, only a short distance from his two fellow acolytes.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

My name is Quirt, how about you? He says the last part of the sentence said to the techpreist walking out of the doors. Looking at Quirt his clothing is neat and clean, but the eye is drawn to the side of his face which is almost compleatly covered in scar tissue. Dispite being much shorter the ethir Tower or the techpriest he gves of an air of determination and pride.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Vorin, paying only minute attention, as he was concentrating on the data-slate. Vorin glanced upward long enough to speak I am Vorin Kess, humble priest of the Omnissiah.

26. - Top - End - #26

Helena signs the aquilla and retreats from the Inquisitor's chambers, data slate in hand. Outside she signs again to her fellow acolytes. "Helena Romanov, I believe we should be heading to the landing bay now?"

She stands over 2 meters in height, clad in matte gray and black flak armor. Her imposing height, combined with her overbearing musculature and the flowing scroll work of ritual scars over the right side of her face paint a picture of one not to be taken lightly. She carries a bullpup pattern lasgun slung across her chest and a flail strapped to her thigh. Both are made from the same lusterless cold gray steel and stamped with a wreathed skull over an aquilla, the crest of the Isolde 58th.
    Last edited by Verruckt; 2008-04-01 at 08:59 PM.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Quirt looked over to the newcomer Your right I'll meet the rest of you there With that he walks off.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Asanti nods and silently picks up one of the two remaining slates. He then turns and leaves, waiting to reach the lander before he starts reading the slate. He won't say anything to anyone on the way past unless they address him first.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tower

You're right. Let's be off.
    With a slight pause to let the others react Tower walks off towards the landing bay.

30. - Top - End - #30

Helena strides off after Tower, eager to get started.
    xkcd-atar by happyturtle
    ----
    Spoiler
    Show