New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Auromar: Light and Dark (IC 3)

Reid

Spoiler
    Show
    Bowing slightly, Reid struggles to take in all that the Grandfather says. He then takes Rico's hand.

Then I will just say thank you to you both - for your guidance, and Rico - for providing an example of what courage can do. Exalt in the light, and the darkness cannot hold.

As the grandfather had sugested, Reid relaxes, and tries to release his hold on this place. Focusing on the cord that still holds him firm, he slides back towards his body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Woot! Empowered healing!

I've got to focus on work for about 7-8 hours now. I'll post more if I can in about 3 hours.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel yourself starting to slip away, fading from Pelor's Light, but taking it with you as well. As you fade out, Rico's grandfather gives you a smile. "Oh, Reid? You're not all flash in the pan, either. Your union is blessed."

And then you are back in your body, waking up.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Abruptly, Reid sits up. Instinctively, he glances around, and then down at his too too solid flesh. And grins. And grins. He glances over at Dothen and Grazys.

Well, that was both more and less than I was expecting. Oh! I have to find Abel. Oh, my friends. It's good to see you again.

He glances down at Hist's still form. He's still grinning, but there's a bit of furrow to his brow.

Oh! Hist's not back yet? Grazys, I don't suppose you can sense his spirit?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

At the sight of the insubstantial looking Reid rising, Hist smiled, and willed himself back into his body. It was unusual, but Hist didn't even notice, his happiness at the success was too great. His newly awakened body jumped up, with reactions it had learnt through long danger, but the warlock is soon fully conscious, and greeting the others.

Sorry for the delay. Just making sure everything was fine on the other side.

He saw the smiling Radiente and returned the look, shaking his hand for good measure.

Congratulations, Reid. Well done, and good to see you amongst the living still
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-04-01 at 12:58 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

The binder closes his eyes a moment, apparently deep in concentration. Suddenly, they open wide and he looks around the temple, finally settling on the aasimar's newly risen form. "Yeah. He's fine, mate!" he grins. "So I take it things went well?"
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dothen

Dothen looks at the others. He grins as he steps toward Reid and Hist Even I can tell that something went right. Good job.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Rising clankily to his feet, Reid still cannot stop grinning.

Hist, hi! It meant a lot that you came to keep an eye on me. You even...became a part of the test, actually.

It was simple. Terrifying. Beautiful. Not what tests of faith are made out to be - they're what they actually are, if that makes any sense whatsoever. I'm still...thinking about it.

Anyway, Rico is now safe, and secure on the other side of...well, on the other side. One down, however many to go.

He picks up his mace for a moment, considering its surface before sliding it into his pack.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

The warlock returned the priest's gaze, beaming, giving him a hand as he gets to his feet

Me, a part of the test? An example of how not to act, I assume. Perhaps a test of placing blind faith in others?

He winks as he speaks, and laughs.

Sounds like the type of thing worthy of tales. I'm glad you managed it. The darkness stretched all the way to the temple door, it even began to bled into the air. After the Father's words.. well, that... was a tad worrying.

So, where to now?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-04-01 at 05:09 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The priest only laughs at Hist's self-deprecation.

You think the edges were worrisome?

But as for what next...It's still early morning. I'd like to take some time to pray and meditate on what the test showed me. Not much on the topic of averting the curse, by the way. Sorry. But perhaps, with different spells today, I might be able to make more of a difference. I thought I might head back to the inn to do so, and have that chat with the innkeeper.

Besides, if you really did want to try to liberate Mister Kjapp and his accoutrements, I suspect I'd only get in your way.

10. - Top - End - #40

Dothen

Dothen stiffles a yawn Lets do that, its time fer me ta catch a cat nap any way. Shall we go?

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid is happy to accompany the others out into the sunshine. His voice is as soft and stealthy as it gets.

If we return to the hotel, it should be assumed that all four of us are remaining there.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Indeed.

Hist is still smiling at the priest's attempt at stealth As the party turns a corner, he raises an idea of his own.

I wonder if our spirits still roam if we sleep during the day. It'd be the perfect way to spy on the jail, with minimal risk.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid nodded at Hist's creative suggestion.

Well, perhaps Kjapp would know. Clearly, he's come up with some way to make it through two weeks - perhaps he sleeps during the day. If we headed back to the inn, you could then go, ah, inobtrusively and chat with him before going further?

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Grazys hurries to catch up with the others when they had turned the corner and he had continued forward. "OY! I just remembered, there were two spirits just before dawn that seemed to disappear and spread out into whatever area they were in at the time. Sorta dissolved, eh? Whaddya think it means?" He asks with a puzzled look on his face.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The priest shrugged, still beaming a bit, residually as it were.

The spirits described the state of simply ceasing to be, or at least to be awake and aware, when dawn came. Perhaps that's what happens to all of the spirits at dawn, but you happened to be closer and focused on those two at that time?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Grazys shakes his head. "No, no. This was before dawn! A good while before, too! It wasn't the same as when they went wherever they go when the sun comes up."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist shrugged

Do you know where this was? I was in spirit form all through the night, and didn't see anything happen near the temple.

Still, if we can take spirit form during the day, we can take a look from the other side as it were.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

18. - Top - End - #48

Dothen

Dothen trudges along with the troops. Keeping an eye out for any strange reactions to the four of them, or any obvious changes in the attitudes of the populace. He is also looking for the dark haired female from the day before.

Spoiler
    Show
    spot (1d20+13)[27]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming we make it back to the inn unmolested.

Reid settles into a seated position against a wall.

The place I ended up after the test, Pelor's Light...it was remarkable. A place of serenity and healing, a place where things are what they are. I think I may be able to bring a little of that same feeling back here. To see past the seeming of some magics, and to better channel His energy into the body's natural ability to right itself. I...I wish I were a poet, to do the place justice.

Unless there are further demands on his services, he will start the process of praying and thinking about his recent experiences, and gathering new spell energies for what will doubtless be another fun-filled day.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Grazys:
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, you're not certain of the location.

The dark haired lady Dothen looks for is not out and about on the streets this early in the morning. In fact, there are very few people this early after dawn.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Once the group seems to have settled down, into morning routines, Grazys takes a few monutes to bind the day's vestiges.

Spoiler
    Show
    Binding Check - Andras (DC 22) (1d20+25)[34]
    Binding Check - Paimon (DC 20) (1d20+25)[41]
    Ooo. I'll be a nasty little bastard with my rapier today! 'Course I'll end up not needing it, but that's okay! Knowing I would have been will be enough!

22. - Top - End - #52

Dothen

Back at the inn, Dothen excuses himself to the room. My turn for some shut eye. Wake me in a couple hours. Withtthat Dothen proceeds upstairs and into the bed. Where he swiftly lets sleep claim him.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Pausing briefly in his prayers, Reid smiles at Grazys and Hist.

If you'd like to get some rest as well, of course, please feel free to do so. I'm not going anywhere. But if you'd rather stay awake, I'll be able to cure you of your fatigue in a little while, if that's helpful.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

The binder shrugs. "Meh. Sleep's overrated, right? There're a few things I'd like ta try an' track down, if possible. Wanna go shoppin'?" Grazys asks with his usual lop-sided grin.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid shrugs.

Me and Him-

He points up.

- we're not done chatting yet. Lots to discuss, after last night. Besides, someone should wait here with Dothen. But if you're going shopping...

As quietly as he can manage, he pulls a lovely and lightweight shield out of his pack, and hands it to Grazys.

It's Mithral, beautifully made. See if you can get some small diamonds for it. With enough diamonds...I could make sure that what happened to Freeman doesn't happen again.

26. - Top - End - #56

Dothen

Dothen awakens a few hours later. He stretches and looks around, nooding to his friends in turn. Well what's the plan for the day? His miscievous grin is in place.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist smilled as he rose.

Well, I think we aught to spring Kjapp. I did tell him we would last night, poor guy must be a bit annoyed.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

28. - Top - End - #58

Dothen

You want to spring him while I provide a distraction? Maybe lead the guards on a merry chase through town? Or you want me there with you?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist shrugged

Do whatever you think best. I'm.. not exactly experienced at this sort of thing. I can get Kjapp out myself, come hell or high water, assuming the guards don't all start chasing me immedietly, but if we're going to put the guy in danger, might be best to grab his kit too.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

30. - Top - End - #60

Dothen

Well lets head over there and scope out the situation, first thing. Then we adjust accordingly. Dothen says as he finishes strapping on his assorted weapons, rechecking the "peacebonds". He then heads outside of the inn.