New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Auromar: Light and Dark (IC 3)

Dothen

Dothen moves in hiding around to the front of the building there he checks the front door, if guards aren't pouring out of it yet he will pound on the door and yell HELP FIRE! FIRE! Trying to mimic the accent if it would show in a yell for help.

If guards are already pouring out he will put a pebble in the crack of the door keeping it from shutting all of the way and latching.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Round one: As Greyen shouts about the fire and comes around to check on the door of the guardhouse, Hist starts to work on the cell doors.

Round two: Three guards come out of the guardhouse and see the smoke. Cursing, two of them take off towards the smoke, while the third ducks back into the building. Hist has managed to cut probably half of the bars down, but not enough to allow someone through.

Round three: Hist has nearly completely demolished the bars and someone could squeeze through and get out. Hist and Kjapp hear a heavy lock being undone from the wooden door.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stopping here to allow reactions.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

The warlock allowed himself a smile as the bars began to fall, but it turned to a grimase as he heard the door move.

Oh sh....

He strode over to Kjapp, and whispered hard.

Go!

With that, Hist shoves Kjapp in the direction of the window, whilst quickly working on reactivating his invisibility spell.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

4. - Top - End - #94

Dothen

Dothen ducks into the building, before the door closes all the way, swiftly staying behind and careful of the guards who may be inside. Stepping out of the way of the door he quickly examines the room.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide (1d20+25)[32]
    Move Silently (1d20+15)[18]
    Spot (1d20+13)[29]
    Listen(1d20+13)[17]

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Round four:

Dothen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The room is laid out with several desks, and two racks against the walls where weapons would hang. There are currently three swords hanging there. The room is otherwise empty of items.

Across the room, you see two guards opening a lock on a set of heavy wooden doors. As they get the door unlocked, one walks through while the other keeps the key in the lock.

Hist & Kjapp:
    Spoiler
    Show

Kjapp can manage to get through the window as the door opens and Hist fades out of view.

Hist:
    Spoiler
    Show

A guard comes running down the hall, not even paying Kjapp's cell any attention. He passes by the cell and heads into the back room.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Spoiler
    Show
    Hist wavers for a moment, before leaving the cell with Kjapp. Still he drops a copper piece as he leaves, hoping to distract the guard for a moment, now that Kjapp's escape seems assured.

Let Dothen do his job. He's damn good at it as a rule. No matter what this means, he can deal with it.

Still invisible, he whispers

Come on; I think we need to get out of here.

He places the figurine of the fly on the ground, and speaks the command word Reid had told him. At that, the fly grew to it's full size, reigns and all.

Get on. It flies. Steer it over the walls, but avoid guards. I'll be following.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-04-06 at 11:07 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

7. - Top - End - #97

Dothen

Dothen examines the room for a moment and takes his time slipping past the guard through the open door, careful to not touch anyone or anything. He follows the other guard down the hall, silent and amazed at his new hidey powers.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Kjapp

Kjapp dives through the window while listening at the same time for any guard alerts to his escape, when offered the fly he hesitates for a moment, looking down at his feet, then gingerly hops on.

Right he nods in Hist's direction.

Then wills the fly 100 feet into the air and over towards one of the town walls which looks bare at the moment.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+12)[32]
    Last edited by Greymist; 2008-04-06 at 03:56 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

With the distraction of the smoking building, Kjapp can successfully get away from the town, although probably not without being seen, but the guards have other things on their mind at the moment.

Dothen:
    Spoiler
    Show

As you follow the man into the room, you see him grab a decanter sitting on a shelf and then run back out of the room.

The room you followed the guard into looks to be a storage room of some type. There are several chests with heavy locks on them, and also shelves with items sitting on them.

10. - Top - End - #100

Dothen

Swearing silently to himself Dothen looks for labels on any of the chests before waiting for the guards to finish locking up. Once the outer door is locked he will listen at the door for a moment, if it is quiet he will the begin to rummage through the stuff in the room. Open locks and looking into each chest if necessary. Looking for any set of items that would outfit a person completely or anything tagged/bagged as a prisoners kit.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-04-07 at 09:39 AM. Reason: any, not and

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Back at the inn, Reid prays hard for the safety of his two friends.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Dothen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are three chests total, and as expected, you only find the items Kjapp said belonged to him in the third chest you look into. By the time you're able to get into the chest, the door you came through is closed, an quiet sliding of doors. Checking the doors, you do not find any handles or keyholes on this side. There are no windows, and any light you have is the only light in the room now.

Spoiler
    Show
    There are a good number of other interesting items in the other chests and on the shelves, I'll list them if you wish.

13. - Top - End - #103

Dothen

Dothen quickly puts all of Kjapp's gear into his Haversack or whatever it will fit into easily before reclosing that chest. Then he will do a quick inventory of the room seeing what may or may not be missed and what is on the back shelves and what is prominently displayed (ie. missed). Dothen is in the vault and somethings are too hard to resist for the poor soldier.

Spoiler
    Show

Yes please list them!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Dothen:
    Spoiler
    Show

Chest 1: a pair of goggles, a gray bag, a small pouch, two coiled ropes tied off seperately, various mundane equipment, and a well made set of studded leather

Chest 2: various paint sticks and canvas, a block of incense, and a large sealed jar of paint.

Chest 3: Kjapp's stuff

Shelves: Four well made longswords, several more longswords of varying degrees of use, a set of leather armor that has a sheen to it, and hidden under black cloth is a set of banded mail with a bunch of gems embedded into it.

15. - Top - End - #105

Dothen

Dothen examines what is the most missable. What things look like they have been here the longest? Which things will leave a noticable dust ring around them if removed? Dothen also takes a moment after Kjapp's stuff is safely packed away in his pack to rearrange his disquise to resemble a half-orc female. He is thinking he has about 15 minutes in the cell before they come back.

After that he begins with the weapons, examining them for identifying markings, exceptional balance etc. Then the armor and the goggles. Then on to the other stuff. Messing around with looking for command words if it looks like it might be magical.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-04-07 at 06:51 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Dothen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, you're basically touching everything?

And everything in here has no dust. No signs of cleaning, but no dust as well. Probably because this room is sealed, there's nothing to create dust.

17. - Top - End - #107

Spoiler
    Show

Touching everything with gloves on or with a dagger point if it looks wierd, except the jeweled banded mail. That has no use to Dothen. The swords are of most interest as are the goggles.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Dothen:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everything you touch looks to be in good condition, with the exception of a few of the longswords which have pits and rust spots on them. Nothing is obviously magical, but since several of the things are material, they're either new or have had magical resistance to the effects of time.

19. - Top - End - #109

Dothen

Dothen pokes around, sighing to himself. These may be tools of people who live here. Tools of defense for the settlement. Despite his natural greed his better nature takes hold and he simply waits next to the door, hidden for the return of the guardsmen.

Spoiler
    Show

Not taking anything he shouldn't.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Stuffing the goggles into your bag, you have a ten or so minute wait, then light appears as the door opens, the guard swinging the door open wide and walking back in. He places a still wet decanter on the shelf and leaves, grumbling to himself. "Wonder who gave the cry?"

You can easily follow him out while hiding.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-04-08 at 09:53 AM. Reason: retcon

21. - Top - End - #111

Dothen

Dothen slips out of the building and into the street. He then proceeds back to the inn. Slipping in through the open window. Once there he sits down on the bed and appears shaking his head. I could have robbed them blind. Reid this is your fault you know. Making me be a good person and all. Its not fair.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Only half-understanding what has transpired, and still flush with relief at Dothen's return, Reid simply smiles, and shifts to sit next to Dothen on the bed. After a contemplative moment, he adds.

Sounds like I'm not the only one finding some light today.

It sounds like everything went well. Hist and Kjapp are safe?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

Kjapp

Once a1/4 mile out of the town Kjapp lands the flying beast and then jogs along side it for another 1/4 mile.

After Hist catches up and indicates his prescence:

Sorry about my pace, I just really had to stretch my legs, I haven't had the chance to in over two weeks now.

He hands the reins of the hippogriff back to Hist.

It may be a bad time to bring it up, but I was wondering if you could ask your friends whether I could travel with you when you leave the town? After this experience I'm not sure I want to travel to the interior alone.

I don't require a horse and my tracking skills and wilderness skills may come in useful if not my jail breaking skills.

Kjapp grins wryly at the last statement.

Spoiler
    Show
    He was jogging at a sedate 150ft/round
    Last edited by Greymist; 2008-04-08 at 11:28 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114

Dothen

Dothen looks up at Reid ans says I do not know, I think they got away. No alarm was raised about them fleeing but then again the guardsmen had other problems. But now its time to go down stairs and wait for Hist to come back. Dothen will stand and stretch before resettling his old soldier face on and head down stairs. There he will find the land lord and ask You mind if I play a little music for a bit?

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The priest works very hard not to think about what the guardsmen might have been busy with, and to trust his friend.

He too heads down to the main floor of the inn, seeking out the man who had spoken so cryptically to him yesterday. Once Dothen has finished speaking with him, Reid smiles.

Sir, my apologies for not returning as I had offered last night. We spent the night in prayer at the temple. I would be delighted to offer you some of Pelor's bounty this morning, if that is convenient. And then, perhaps, we can speak more, as you had promised.

If the innkeeper is ready and willing, Reid will bring the food and water gifts of Pelor to suitable containers.

Spoiler
    Show
    When the innkeeper's lined up a basin, barrel, or some such, Reid will cast Create water there, and follow it up with Create Food and Water in the kitchen area.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

The innkeep nods to Dothen. "Sure. A bit of music always makes the place nicer to be in."

To Reid, he smiles slightly. "I've got plenty of empty larders and kegs if you're wishing to fill them, good priest. And then yes, I would like to talk with you."

Once Reid has cast the spells, the innkeep will direct Reid to a small room in the back. The room has a single table and four chairs around it. He sits in one and waves to the others. "Have a seat."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

After the kegs and larder have been filled - well, at least slightly replenished - Reid does indeed sit.

Sir, I understand a bit of your, ah, discretion in our conversation last night. The priests have given me a little background on the curse, and the solution of the merged souls. We were even able to help Rico find peace.

I'm interested to hear what your experience of the sharing has been like? Do either of you regret it?

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

The warlock is rather out of breath by the time he manages to catch up with the supprisingly fast Kjapp

Please... don't... do... that.... again....

he pants, reappearing, and sagging down on the dead ground.

Well, that could have gone worse. Sorry about not springing you at night by the way, but we found out that there were... other eyes watching.

He smiled, and extended a hand

Thanks for the warning by the way; without it we would just have fallen down to sleep. We might have been easy prey. As it is, Dothen should have grabbed your kit as I was cutting the bars. You should have it back soon.

As to joining us... well, we're mixed up in somthing a bit more than simple exploration. But that's a tale for another time. First, I'd like you to tell me everything you know about the town, and it's spirits, since you arrived there. They... probably are tied to another factor.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

The innkeep's face slacks slightly, and the accent has disappeared when he speaks. Ain't that bad. Granted, it'd be a lot better if there were people on the land again, but the damnable curse makes it to where not many want to come. I came to Auromar to start a new life, but you see what the land looks like. The only life here is us. I'm Kalamar, by the way."

The accent returns. "We share easily enough, as you see. Kalamar understands the need to be seen as one of the townsfolk at most times though. I am glad for Rico though. That one of us has managed to break free of the curse is wonderful. As for any regrets we may have about our sharing, well..."

"I'm not married, and there are several good looking women here in town, single. And Bozo here" "Boris" the innkeep sighs. "Bozo here won't date any of 'em, because his wife is still a spirit."

30. - Top - End - #120

Dothen

Dothen will play quietly to himself, not skilled but something to listen to. If a few people gather he will increase the volume and play some more upbeat songs. As more people come he will do his best to keep them entertained, while playing with his tiny amount of skill, and trying to offset it with a little flourish of dancing and sleight of hand.

Spoiler
    Show

Perform :Flute (1d20)[5] -Yeah! I haz the skillzorz!
    Perform: Dance (1d20+3)[5] - And look more!
    Sleight of hand (1d20+13)[22] I will return thrown items to the owner.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2008-04-09 at 08:45 AM.