New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Auromar: Light and Dark (IC 3)

Reid

Reid looks Grazys over, concerned.

I'm not certain if I can do anything about it now, regardless. But if there's anything I can do to ensure that you don't suffer for resisting that - 'scholar's' - influence -

He chants a brief but resounding prayer, and bright light floods briefly into Grazys.

If something more potent is required, I will have to pray for guidance tomorrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Lesser Restoration to try to bring his constitution back up. I don't think it'll work against drain, but it's time for Reid to figure that out.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Reid's magics flare against the drained Grazys' body, but fail to alleviate the man's body.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid purses his lips.

Sorry, friend. And that means that this is probably beyond the power of the staff as well. I will pray for more help in the morning. You should not be punished for doing the right thing, after all.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #184
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dothen

Come along Hist old boy time to try that against some more willing subjects! Dothen stands grinnning. Are you ready?
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Dothen's cheerful words seem to catch Hist by surprise. His darkened arcane energy is still flowing over his hands as he turns around to his friend. He notices it, and, with a mildly irritated thought, dismisses it.

Wha... oh yes, I suppose so. Did you have any in mind?
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-04-15 at 01:31 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Thrilled as it dawns on him that Hist's "so crazy it just might work" plan for keeping Pygas' energy away from the Scholar was indeed so crazy that it just might work, Reid grins.

Just like back at the monastery, I say. We ask for volunteers. There must be some of the townsfolk for whom this conjoined existence has proved no life at all. Perhaps Boris or the priests will know of someone.

7. - Top - End - #187

Dothen

Well I was thinking of wandering around town chatting up some folks and seeing who we could find. If nothing else we can maybe get a town meeting.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

So our plan is to find a spirit, who, having gained a new life after spending several thousand years dead, is willing to risk destroying their eternal soul?

Hist, after looking at the floor for a moment, rose up, to reveal a grin covering his face.

Well, we have just ended up controling the power of a god. After that, I think we can manage somthing so simple.

Shall we go find someone now?

If the responce is positive, Hist beaming, jumps down the stairs, and starts making inquiries. He is careful to only ask people about their own state of mind, as the spirits seem to do most of the talking, that should be enough.

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking for suicidal people... this should be interesting.(1d20+5)[16] Gather Infomation
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #189

Dothen

Dothen grins and chuckles to himself. Thinking And now we are a crack suicide squad!. Dothe follows Hist and begins wandering about tow looking for those who are discontent and having issues with themselves. Mostly Dothe keeps to himself and lets Hist do the talking while Dothen watches the area for trouble and backs up his friend.

Spoiler
    Show

Gather info (1d20-2)[0]
    Spot [roll[1d20+13[/roll]
    Listen (1d20+13)[27]

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Hist:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You spend a few hours poking about, asking questions. You get some odd looks, but no one seems to be suicidal.

You do find out, in a roundabout way, that there have been several people that have died since coming here, and they were buried in the northern part of the city, past the fields. Unless you want to directly mention the spirit thing, you won't find out if they were already sharing or hosts.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Some people have died? Already? What caused that? Interesting regardless. They might be the only ones who...

Somthing strikes him, as he leans against a wall for a moment. He turns to Dothen.

Didn't you mention a girl that was a bit unusual or somthing? Which one was she?

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, I know we havn't seen her, but Hist dosn't.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

12. - Top - End - #192

Dothen

Dothen thinks for a moments Oh yeah. Lets go look for her. If I remember right I saw her this away. Dothen spins on his heal and walks in the direction he saw her in.

Spoiler
    Show

Looking for that girl now.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

It takes you about an hour to track her down, but you do eventually find her.

She is currently at a, for lack of a better word, community center, where she is working with several others trying to get some plants to grow in small tubs. She has long black hair and blue-green eyes, and if she was standing would barely top five feet. She is fair skinned, and an elf.

The others are three other women and two men. The men are elves, and the women are human.

14. - Top - End - #194

Dothen

Dothen points the woman out to Hist allowing the more charismatic man to take the lead on this one.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist jerked, seemingly expecting Dothen to take the lead. None the less, he steeped forward soon enough, and bowed to the group with a smile.
    Good morning to you

He thought quickly for a suitable way in which to begin some sort of conversation. As he noticed what they were doing, he bent over one of the tubs to have a look

Any success? Oh, and how are you doing for water? Our priest seems to have taken... something of a shine to the natural world. I'm sure he'd be willing to conjure up some help if you're supply is running low.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Several of them look up at you and smile. "We get enough water from the temple, as getting anything to grow out here is very hard to do, even with plenty of help." One of the men says. He does have the accent.

Spot DC 25:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something shifts in the demeanor about the woman you all came to see.

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite like when the innkeep swapped between one person to another.

The one that Dothen point out nods her head, before speaking with the same accent. "We've gotten some sprouts to grow, but they don't last very long. The soil is crap for growing anything in, it's more like sand. We just don't have enough compost to get a good base soil to work with, so we're doing out best."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

The warlock smiles back at the group.

You know, the forest is much more traversable recently. If you wanted, you could probably organize a supply convoy back to the port. All those merchants... I'm sure one'll have brought something upon tales of ground that bares no life. Or perhaps you could take some soil from the forest itself. It seems to now be capable of sustaining life.

He doesn't mention the name Eras, wanting to see just what they know when the spirits are in control.

Spoiler
    Show
    On the off chance (1d20+5)[21] Spot
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-04-15 at 11:35 AM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+11)[29]

Reid looks around at the plants with interest. He waits until after the man has had an opportunity to respond to Hist.

Sand is difficult. I've heard of farmers using compost to enrich and bind such soils. Do you have anything similar to use here?

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

"We're managing here well enough, without having to bring more here. The priests of Pelor summon us food, and that which isn't used we attempt to compost. Once we get things stable here, we can think about sending word again to Iras for more to come. Any more people here and we likely would not have enough food to feed everyone." One of the women tell Hist.

The black haired elven woman nods to Reid. "We don't have much to use as compost yet, so we don't have much to mix with the land."

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Iras? What...

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+18)[20] Bluff check to seem geniunly suprised,

Hist pauses for a moment before changing topic.

Hmm.... Fair point, I suppose. But why not get a little soil from the forest, if you are having problems there? That way, you might have some more success with the plants. True, it wouldn't be a long term thing, you wouldn't better the ground, but for the short term... well, you could grow a fair bit of food in those tubs.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid smiles at the elven woman.

I know that many farmers make use of the household wastes, blending them with, ah, effluent from the barns, to fertilize. If you are restricted to the town, you might look no further than your own middens for help in your work. Blessings on your work, madam.

There is an abandoned elven community back in the forest, Miss. Certainly, I have always admired your people's understanding of the lore and mysteries of living things. Now that the forest is shrugging off the taint, you might want to seek advice from the library there.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

One of the men replies to Hist, "The priests prayer food spoils a day after it's creation, and with the forest being a good week away, any who went there would no be strong enough to bring back enough to make a difference."

The elven woman nods to Reid. "We do that as well, but there is a lot more land than there is waste to mix with it. The soil is infertile, and it will take a while to make it fertile again." She looks thoughtful at the mention of the forest city. "If only it were possible to go there, but as Kevin," she motions to the man that replied to Hist," says, we do not have the food stores to make it there and back."

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid gazes contemplatively at the struggling plants, wishing that he had the gift to help. Hoping that they did.

Miss, what does it feel like, when you step out of the town?

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

She blinks. "Excuse me?"

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

The binder hangs back, observing the interactions.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist half curses at Reid's bluntness, but decides to back him

Fair question. What does it feel like, when you step beyond the gate? I mean, after being cooped up behind the walls for a while, moving out into a grand view of this blasted wilderness....

What was it like, before all this? Probably just as ghastly, I wonder. You always assume a place brought down was once beautiful, but it rarely ever was. Just the symptoms of poets who can't remember, pining for something....

He reflects aloud.

Spoiler
    Show
    edited. Bluff will be rolled in OOC
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-04-15 at 12:59 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

27. - Top - End - #207

Dothen

Dothen hangs in the back with Grazys, you can see that he is simmering with something to say but is exercising his (minimal) self control to the maximum.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

All of them get startled and/or shocked looks. Kevin glares at Hist. "If you're trying to say something, say it. Or leave. We do have work we need to be doing, and it doesn't involve answering idle questioners."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

They are the spirits. They won't shift in casual conversation. And the others didn't re-take control when it was appropriate. Why not?

They know we are explorers. They know the port we landed at. Yet they don't send the explorer's spirit to talk with us. Why not? They surely, would be more comfortable with doing so, than people of another time and culture.

Something is wrong here.

Outwardly he smiles, though just a little, and bows apolageticly.

Sorry. I fear I'm never the best one for such things.

Reid's question still stands. What does it feel like to leave the immediate environment of the town. Forget what I said for a moment. Since you arrived here, have any of you tried to leave? Answer that and I promise I'll stop bothering you. Your work is important.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-04-15 at 02:19 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

"It feels nice to leave the walls of the town for a while to walk. The land is blasted, but it was that way when everyone showed up as well. Anything else?"
    Last edited by Lochar; 2008-04-15 at 02:25 PM.