New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: IC Droaam Expedition - Benejeseret

Maosh

Damned slippery beasts. Maosh considers his options for ridding the camp of these pests. Not having wielded his club already, there is little to do but pummel the creature that has become such a nuisance.

Maosh (round 1)
    HP=44/44, AC=18, Touch=10, Flatfooted=17

Move: Moves out of grease. Balance: (1d20+1)[3]
    Standard: Grapple attack on greasy assassin Touch: (1d20+8)[22] Grapple: 1d20+13[/roll] for Damage: (1d4+6)[7] (non-lethal)
    Free/Swift: Growls at the goblin.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Lukas (Round 1)
    HP=66/66 AC=20 Touch=15 Flat-footed=15

Lukas springs to his feet at the alarm. Immediately he grabs his bow and knocks an arrow. Unaware of how many enemies are afoot, he takes a brief look around to familiarize himself with the imminent threat.

Move: Stand from prone.
    Standard: Prepare weapon.
    Free: Spot check and whispers, "Come on, you bastards, show me your eyes..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot Check - (1d20+6)[26]

3. - Top - End - #33

Jarkko Dawes (Round 1) (NPC'd by request-player illness)
    HP=29/36 AC=13 Touch=13 Flat-footed=10

Jarkko clutches his gashed throat and barrel rolls away from the assassin. He rolls right over a smunderling before suddenly blinking out of sight.

Move: 5' roll away
    Standard: Casts Invisibility
    Free: -

4. - Top - End - #34

Round 1

The ground shudders as the massive stumps called legs beneath Maosh flip violently out from beneath him, smashing his back and shoulders into the earth. The ogre is prone and flailing within the grease. This causes his attacker great glee. The little one almost jumps for joy but is quickly coward as a cascade of lightning streaks through the morning light. He instead turns and sends another blast of grease along the entrance to the alcove proper.

(basically, now everyone needs to make balance checks DC=10 if moving out of the alcove.)

As the spew of grease splashes across the rocky floor many of the smunderlings trying to flee the cave or charge the assassins slip and tumble back into the muck.

The assassin over Jarkko never sees the mage's disappearance as the lightning arcs directly into his chest, searing his leather jerkin. Smaller arks continue to flash and jump around his small frame. Despite his most malice efforts to ready his crossbow and pin Kaej to a wall he can hardly his fingers through the electronic spasms of his muscles. He ops instead to rush at the bringer of lightning in a jerky, spasmed, charge. The small dagger slashes across the dragon shaman's thigh.

Again bolts fly out of the western forest. One catches Reksheen's forearm and bites deep. Gremmar's shield reflects another to a harmless path into the dirt. A smunderling miner still on the ground yelps at it pierces the dirt a few inches from his hand. Once again the pair ducks behind the trees akwardly. (DC=4 spot.....).

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kaej takes 2 slashing damage
    Reksheen takes 5 piercing damage

The goblin in the alcove takes 4 electric damage, is entangled.

there is now a strip of goo along the edges of the alcove, so balance=10 to move outside of the cave.

(Back to all of you)

5. - Top - End - #35

SwashbucklerGuy

Maosh (Round 2)

Even with this setback, Maosh does not see the encounter as a loss to the group yet. A survivor would be valuable to the group, and maybe provide for some excellent amusement. However seeing his companions rise from their sleep so well armed, he doubts there may be any soon.

Move: Moves out of grease. (Again) Balance: (1d20+1)[6]
    Standard: Grapple attack on greasy assassin (Again) Touch: (1d20+8)[27] Grapple: (1d20+13)[30] for Damage: (1d4+6)[7] (non-lethal)
    Free/Swift: Focus on balance.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Kaej (round 2)
    HP = 83/85, AC = 16, Touch = 10, Flatfooted = 16

Kaej looks at the assassin, bravely trying to get to him while being entangled and suffering the ongoing spasms, and shakes his head. He gathers more sorcerous energy into the space between his thumb and index finger and releases it.

Standard: Use breath weapon (15ft cone of slow, DC 19 Fortitude or be Slowed for 2 rounds, save for 1 round
    Move: Fly diagonally away from the assassin, towards the greased patch. Will risk the AoO for leaving threatened area.
    Free: "Brave. But foolish."

OOC: This is in order, Kaej will blast the assassin at point-blank before moving away. Breath Weapon is (Su), no AoO. But movement might provoke.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Lukas (Round 2)

Lukas takes note of the bolts coming from the forest. He focuses his eyes, trying to adjust from having been suddenly awakened. In an instant, he sees the culprits in the distance, There you are...

He releases his first arrow at one then quickly fires another at the adjacent enemy.

Full Round Action: Rapid Shot; separating attacks for two assassins in the forest.

First Shot: [roll=Attack]1d20+6[/roll] for Damage: (1d8)[4]+Acid - (1d6)[1]
    Second Shot: [roll=Attack]1d20+6[/roll] for Damage: (1d8)[1]+Acid - (1d6)[2]

EDIT: For Some reason the attack rolls didn't work. I don't know why...
    Try again? [roll]1d20+6[/roll] and [roll]1d20+6[/roll]

And I am confused...

Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: I did a Spot Check on my first round getting a 26; I assumed I see them.)
    Last edited by Boggs; 2008-04-09 at 07:02 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Knaath (round 2)
    HP=56/56, AC=14, touch=11, Flatfooted=14 (currently unarmored)

Option 1:

Move: Close to goblin assassin in cave (current speed 30' since unarmored)
    Standard: Attack - (1d20+12)[26], Damage - (d4+11)[14]
    Free: "Take that, filthy assassin!"

Option 2 (if cave assassin is already disposed of):

Move: Run outside, Balance - (1d20+0)[16]
    Standard: Use attack and damage from above if any enemy is in reach, otherwise use combat expertise at -5 AB to gain +5 AC

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

9. - Top - End - #39

(( I hate making typos in rolls... the damage roll was supposed to be 2d4, not just d4... add (1d4)[4] additional damage ))

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

10. - Top - End - #40

Lukas
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[26] and second (1d20+6)[14]

If they crit confirm rolls: (1d20+6)[23] and (1d20+6)[9]

Hope this works. Also, is there a crystal of lifedrinking as well?

Update Mid-Round
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knaath takes down the inside goblin who continues to twitch and arc electricity. (he is not dead but unlikely to stabilize and at about -6 hp).

There will be a AoO for the flight of Kaej that I will include in the final round summary afterward.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, there is a Crystal of Life Drinking but I haven't been injured yet, thus no healing. Also, the first one does an extra 2d10 acid damage for the critical Acidic Burst - (2d10)[11].

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

Reksheen (round 2)
    HP= 50/55, AC=21, Touch=13, Flatfooted=18

Reksheen quickly scans the forest paying no heed to the bolt buried on her forearm for now.

Move:Load Crossbow
    Free: spot check:(1d20)[1]
    Standard: Fires bolt at nearest assassin in the forest
    Attack:(1d20+7)[12] Damage:[roll]d8[/rolll]

Note:
    -Least Iron ward Diamond gives me 1/- until it has prevented 10 dmg.
    -Point blank shot feat not included in the rolls.

EDIT. well, that roll was crappy....and i doubt i'll have to reroll the damage, but i'll wait for Benes...
    Last edited by Madmal; 2008-04-09 at 10:47 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

13. - Top - End - #43

Mid-er-Round Update
    Spoiler
    Show
    one of the two snipers died a horrible death.

Reksheen fails to see the one in the trees (bad angle?) and so fires at the one on the path/in the open....it misses.

14. - Top - End - #44

Round 2

Within the back of the cave Kaej lets forth another blast, catching the assassin and a few smunderlings in a wave of slowing exhaust. The assassins struggles against the spasms to strike at those around him but finds his arms painfully slow to respond. He barely has time to lift his red eyes to the Flindbar arcing down. It is the last thing he ever sees.

At the edge of the camp Maosh continues to slip and slide around. The massive ogre keeps upright, but cannot coordinate any movement. His reach and rage cannot reach any of the goblins.

Reksheen and Lukas respond to the western flank in a small flurry of bolts and arrows. Most strike trees and bury into the undergrowth.

"Ackhhhssssssssssssssssssssssss," comes a pained grunt, which drifts off into a low hissing of acid and burnt flesh. One of the two snipers catches a acidic burst as an arrow slips between two ribs. His torso dissolves and pools against a scorched oak.

((I am NPCing the slow-to-respond PC's))

Grim calls upon the Fury and a wave of baneful energy pulses over the battle. The one goblin in the open shakes his head as if trying to shrug off a weight. He is surrounded by the vipers, yet the leather bindings around his ankles keeps the small fangs from meeting flesh.

Eerb begins a short chant and channels his might into the earth around him. Pebbles, stones, and shale from the road swirl around his tiny frame. As he motions, the hail of stones plummet down upon the other sniper.

The sniper yelps and sends back a bolt in response. The small bolt hits the Wu Jen in the thigh as he finishes his incantation.

Out in the open, the other assassin curses and dances as the vipers strike at his heels. The goblins pulls a small horn from his belt and puffs himself up to blow.

Faaaaa-fooooooooooooooooooooo

A thick mist billows forth from the horn and obscures the assassins from view. The mist also obscures those in the alcove from seeing the western assassin.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show

Eerb takes 4 piercing damage

Two assassins died. One to Kaej and Knaath and the other to a violent critical by Lukas.

One of the snipers remains as does the one on the road. The sniper is injured.

There is still a 20' by 10' strip of grease (Maosh is in it) coating the alcove entrance so DC=10 balance to move through it.

There is now a 10' by 10' zone of mist around the goblin on the road. The vipers are also inside of it. It further block line of sight to him (except to vipers) as well at it blocks line of sight west to the sniper.

15. - Top - End - #45

SwashbucklerGuy

Maosh (Round 3)

Steady... focus... Seeing the tide of battle Maosh changes his tactics, well, at least the ones he had planned. The new course of battle will be to contain. They should not escape unless we choose. Maosh again tries to move out of the grease and continues to move through the fog to the far side of it to wait for the exit of the assassin, and an attack.

Move: Moves out of grease and through fog. Balance: (1d20+1)[20]
    Standard: (Since the club is still not out...) Grapple attack any assassin coming out of the fog. Touch: (1d20+8)[12] Grapple: 1d20+13[/roll] for Damage: (1d4+6)[9] (non-lethal)
    Free/Swift:

16. - Top - End - #46

SwashbucklerGuy

Maosh (Round 3 update)
    ((Let's retry the Grapple with correct syntax.))
    Grapple: (1d20+13)[23]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Kaej (round 3)
    HP 83/85, AC 16, Touch 10, Flat 16

Kaej growls just slightly at Knaath, a sign of respect for a quick clean blow.

Move: Fly over the grease patch to join Maosh in the fight outside.
    Standard: Voracious Dispelling on the cloud
    Free: "Let's finish this."

ASF 20%: (1d100)[74]

Dispel Magic checks, rolling 5 of them, please take in order. If more needs to be rolled, please roll for me.
    [roll]1d20+6[roll]
    [roll]1d20+6[roll]
    [roll]1d20+6[roll]
    [roll]1d20+6[roll]
    [roll]1d20+6[roll]

OOC: Sorry about hitting the weasels, Kaej can't tell there's those inside the cloud.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

Ooops.

Dispel Magic checks, rolling 5 of them, please take in order. If more needs to be rolled, please roll for me.
    (1d20+6)[17]
    (1d20+6)[11]
    (1d20+6)[8]
    (1d20+6)[13]
    (1d20+6)[11]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Lukas (Round 3)

Lukas already has another arrow knocked, looking to the western forest when the mist obscures his line of sight, "Damn fog..." he mumbles under his breath before moving outside the cave. After he comes into the clearing, he peers down the shaft of the arrow looking for a target to fire upon...

Move Action: Move outside of cave (outside the greased area).
    Standard Action: Fire upon any enemies if they are seen.
    Free Action: Spot Check for enemies.

Spoiler
    Show
    Balance Check - (1d20+8)[16]
    [roll=Attack (if Enemies seen)]1d20+10[/roll] [roll=Damage + Acidic]1d8+1d6[/roll]
    Spot Check for Enemies - (1d20+6)[11]

EDIT: Something is wrong with my Attack Rolls, oh well, I most likely didn't see any enemies anyhow.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Boggs; 2008-04-14 at 06:39 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

Update
    Spoiler
    Show

The fog is suppressed for the next (1d4)[1] rounds

Since the the vipers remain, Maosh got flank and managed to grapple the goblin with the horn.

Lucas makes it across the goop and sees the last goblin. I will try rolls at hit (1d20+10)[28] damage (1d8)[3] (1d6)[4] (crit conf (1d20+10)[20])

21. - Top - End - #51

Knaath

Not happy about charging outside without his armor on, the warleader charges anyway, to set a good example. He promptly slips on the greasy patch and falls to the ground hard.

Spoiler
    Show

Double Move: Exit cave, move toward nearest living opponent
    Balance - (1d20+0)[3]
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-14 at 09:12 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

((Sorry, been a crazy week))

Move Action: Moves into range of the sniper, if necessary.
    Standard Action: Cast Earth Bolt at the sniper, and anyone behind him.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1564178/
    After some x length of time, the charge in the capacitor went down to 0.1e-17[mV]. After writing the answer on the board, my professor turned to the class, pointed at it, and said "What's this number?" We said "That's one times ten to the negative 18 millivolts" when he interupted us and said "Wrong! The answer is zero. If you can't accept that 0.1e-17[mV] is equal to zero, you need to change your major to math right now, or you will hate the rest of your career."

23. - Top - End - #53

Round 3

The second sniper squeals in pain despite his training. Staring down at Lukas arrow in his arm he fumbles and pulls at the fletching. So focused on his pain that he never sees Eerb's outstretched arm. An earth bolt shoots straight and true, catching him under the right temple and painting the forest behind with the high velocity splatter of goblin brain.

A few meters south the obscured goblin is shocked to suddenly find his horn failing. In wide eyed horror he grabs at the horn to blow again as an ogre bears down on him. The little instrument produces a small wisp of fog before powerful arms hoist the assassin into the air, and then slam him violently into the ground. Dazed and bleeding, the goblin's attempts to wriggle out of Maosh's grapple fail.

From the rest it is a less than stellar performance. The war leader lays face down in the goop, his fur becoming an ugly knot of dirt and grime. The rest also slide and tumble into the goo. You're not quite sure on the invisible Jarrko, but a few of you spot a sudden ripple and splash in one especially deep section of muck.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    only one goblin left and he is grappled and being pummeled by Maosh currently.

It seems a few are totally on the ball and a few have not posted this round, so in the OOC I am going to do a quick roll-call to confirm who is still around and active.

Other than that it is your turn again with the last goblin to finish

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Kaej (round 4)
    HP 83/85, AC 16, Touch 10, Flat 16

A quick look at the goblin in the grasps of Maosh is enough to tell Kaej that the fight is essentially over. Good luck trying to get out of that death, goblin.

Move: Fly over to Knaath
    Move: Grab his arm and start pulling/sliding him out of the greased patch
    Free: "They're barely worth the effort." to Knaath

OOC: depending on Initiative order, if Knaath can get free of the grease, then Kaej will go help the others.
    Last edited by serow; 2008-04-17 at 09:41 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rekseen(round 4)
    HP 50/55, AC 21, Touch 13, Flat 18

Rekseen curses as she tries to stand from the greased floor.

Move: Balance check to get up from the grease (if it applies) (1d20+3)[22]
    Free: "Bah, annoying pests..."
    Last edited by Madmal; 2008-04-17 at 01:39 PM.

Inner Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by radikalskippy
    But I must say the Izzet bunch are as crazy as a rabid goat with a rat biting its tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    *ahem* *picks up megaphone*
    Attention everyone! Mal absolutly rocks!

Mal, I name you Fangirlfreind. Whenever you are in aid, call and we shall answer.
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g1...alpromteal.png

26. - Top - End - #56

Knaath

Knaath tries to get free of the greasy spot, but his size and relative lack of agility work against him.

Spoiler
    Show

Move: Balance - (1d20+0)[7] (+2 from aid another action?)
    Free: Knaath lets out a stream of curses in Gnoll.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-17 at 01:44 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

27. - Top - End - #57

SwashbucklerGuy

Maosh (Round 4)

Maosh grins widely as the fog dissipates from around the goblin opening up the tackle. Now you are mine, and we will find what you are about.

Move: Maintain grapple.
    Standard: Maintain Grapple: (1d20+13)[16] for Damage: (1d4+6)[10] (non-lethal)
    Free/Swift: Whispers to the goblin, "Welcome the sleep."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Lukas (Round 4)

Lukas knocks another arrow, focusing on the forest edge. He takes a quick look to Maosh and notices the Goblin in his grasp, his fangs protrude in a small grimace. He looks back to Knaath and shouts to him, "Sir, I'm going to make a quick patrol of the area!" With bow still in hand, he moves into the shadows of the forest to make sure all the enemies are finished.

(OOC: If I find anything lurking in the shadows, forget the Search check. If not, I will take the time to search their bodies.)

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide - (1d20+7)[13]
    Move Silently - (1d20+7)[16]
    Spot - (1d20+6)[9]
    Listen - (1d20+6)[22]
    Search - (1d20+5)[11]

29. - Top - End - #59

Combat Summary

The final assassin eyes are becoming glazed as he struggles to take a breath, his green skin beginning to show a cyanotic hue. His tiny fingers weakly pry at the palms wrapped around his small neck. With a small shudder, his eyes roll back into his head and his body goes limp. The unconscious goblin slumps into the dirt.

Lukas comes across no more movement in the forest. A light breeze, the small crunch of leaves and odd creak of ancient tree is all he hears. A quick check of the two dead snipers finds very little. They seemed to be traveling light or have stored their provisions elsewhere. The two crossbows and one quiver of 30 bolts is recoverable with minor acid damage. The second quiver lays snapped under a pile of summoned rocks.

One of the small, black leather vests seems salvagable but the other is dissolved beyond repair in a pile of sickening, bubbling, flesh upon the forest floor. The damp steam of the goblin goo is still waifting into the morning air.

30. - Top - End - #60

SwashbucklerGuy

Maosh

Feeling the goblin go limp, Maosh loosens his grip watching the unfortunate creature for a moment. He smiles inwardly at the thoughts of pain that this one might feel again soon. Keeping a strong grip on the limp form, he stands slowly pausing to pick up the strange horn, looping it about his belt.

Moash walks slowly back to the alcove giving time for the others to gather themselves from the grease. As he approaches the group he looks behind them and calls for rope from a smunderling. He confidently walks up to Knaath and holds the goblin up at arms length in front of him. "My first gift. It still talks." He looks at Knaath for an acknowledgment, then continues also looking at Kaej or Lukas. "I find them climbing on rocks, but where they come from?"