New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Homebrew group 2

Hunk

"Wait a minute." Hunk says to Nox, before she gets far. "I think he might be tellin' the truth. But," He turns to the old man. "This deer path - if it's good, and this main road isn't, what about other people who come this way? Sir, you probably don't intend to wait here all day to help travellers save time, do you?" He pauses a moment, although not really waiting for an answer. "Oh! I have an idea! We should make a sign for people who come by, so they know not to take the wrong path. Come with us to the fallen trees - I'm sure we can snatch some good pieces of wood and chalk on a nice, bit sign. Come on, let's get moving!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff:(1d20-2)[8]

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

That sounds like a good idea, but you are right about me needing to move on.

He then gathers up his things and moves off toward the city. In spite of his age, he walks a good pace and has disappeared around a bend in moments of having set off.

Moving down the main trail, you do indeed encounter several large trees in the path of the main trail. However, it is quite obvious that the trees did not fall, but rather were felled. You could move them, or attempt to go around.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Abe Ochoa

"Now this, this is suspcious." Remarked Abe as he looked at the felled trees, and then scoured the sides of the road for any signs of an ambush. "I don't want to get caught pushing a log when some brigand jumps out of a tree at me. Think we can get around it?"

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+2)[15]
    Last edited by AKA_Bait; 2008-05-22 at 12:07 PM.
    [CENTER]So You Wanna Be A DM? A Potentially Helpful Guide
    Truly wonderful avatar made by Cuthalion

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Nox Luna

"Don't know. Isn't it possible for us to jump over them ?" - Nox said, as she also looked around, mimicking Abe. - "Let's just move the trees while some of us keep watch, if anything."

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20+10)[25]
    Last edited by Silverkiss; 2008-05-22 at 02:13 PM.
    My own homebrewed world/setting: Yay!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jumping is quite possible for those with two legs, but you will need to either clear a path, or find a new one for Berkeley. Overall the are seems clear, and the trees look like they could be moved with some effort. Nox also sees what is presumably the other end of the deer path a bit down the road.

OOC: Think along the lines of an obstacle course of large logs.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Hunk

"Ugh. This is taking too long."

The impatient half-orc spits into his hands, begins to grip the nearest tree to bar their path. He shoves his body into it full-force, trying to clear the way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength Check: (1d20+4)[12]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Abe Ochoa

"Sounds like a plan," says Abe, grinning at Hunk. "Let me see if I can help with that." Abe stretches and cracks his fingers again and begins chanting a little poem under his breath and making a motion as if scooping something out of a pan at the ground and bottoms of the fallen trees.

"Slippery, slippery, floor,
    Just after bacon you aren't anymore."

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting grease at the undersides ]of the logs. The spell isn't clear on the size of object that grease can effect. So, your call on if it can get the entire underside of the trees or just make a 10ft patch below them.
    [CENTER]So You Wanna Be A DM? A Potentially Helpful Guide
    Truly wonderful avatar made by Cuthalion