New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Pink's Wandering Goblins

Can I shoot my bow over the fence? If so, I move to square 10J and shoot dog 3. If not, I move to square M6 where I can access them next turn.

(1d20+11)[31] Attack
    (1d6+5)[10] Damage

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Soth moves up closer to the fight (K8), thrusting his palms out at the nearest dog (1) and closing his ringer and pinky fingers, forming a magic missile in each hand before launching both force projectiles at his target. As Gan arrives near him, Soth gives the scout a glance. "You injured, Gan?"

Magic Missile Damage - (2d4+2)[7]

3. - Top - End - #33

Flumph

Almost forgot about Sneak Attack damage. If I can shoot over the fence, that is. (2d6)[6]

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Skeesky advances next to Soth (I8), drawing his short sword as he goes. As he arrives he shifts his feet and body into position carefully.

Spoiler
    Show

We'll see if any of them are left for me to hit. Also if anyone moves adjacent to a dog I'm adjacent to they'll get flanking since I'm in Isle of Blades stance now
    Last edited by Vortling; 2008-04-13 at 12:07 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

OOTs: You can shoot over/through the fence. It's just wire. Also, the dog's are not flatfooted as they've been chasing Gan for a little while now. So fraid there's no sneaky, however that is a crit, so please roll for a confirm and extra damage if possible. Also...How do you have a +5 damage mod? I think that should be +2

Skeeve: I Need a square location if you're going to move. And I think there's going to be plenty of dogs left for you on your turn.

Round 1:
    27 - Gan (Mage Armor)
    -24 - Krulsch
    +16 - Soth
    -/+13 - Oradell
    +8 - Skeeve
    8 - Dogs

Gan runs towards his companions, and begins to cast his spell. Instantly his body seems to be covered with a transparent armor that seems to be made of blue energy.
    Last edited by Pink; 2008-04-13 at 02:43 AM.
    Let's Play: Pokemon Leaf Green (Nuzlocke)
    Let's Play: LIMBO
    Let's Play: Home [Complete]
    Let's Play: Cthulhu Saves the World [Complete]
    GM of the Yorkton Gamer Guild at:
    Pink Ameiko Kaijitsu Avatar by A Rainy Knight
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #36

Flumph

My dexterity is +5. Unless I use my STRENGTH bonus for the composite bow. In that case, I only deal 6 damage plus critical hit.

(1d20+11)[13] Critical Confirm
    (1d6+2)[5] Critical Damage (+3 if I use my dexterity bonus instead)

7. - Top - End - #37

You use your strength for composite bows
    http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/...ngbowComposite

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Krulsch runs up beside Gan (I8) to protect him from the incoming dogs.

"Already pickin' a fight are ya? I knew I liked you."

He takes up a fighting stance, prepared to strike at the oncoming beasts.

((Readying Krulsch's standard action to attack the first dog that comes into reach, to add to any AoO's he gets against them.))
    Last edited by GammaPaladin; 2008-04-13 at 04:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

ooc: Please guys, let's keep the OOC talk and questions in the OOC thread if possible. OOTS, rarely will you add dex to an attack, comp bows will add a strength bonus to damage up to the bow's max allowance. Shame that didn't confirm though. Also, how do you have a +11 to attack? You don't have it listed as Masterwork, and that would put it at only +10.

Vort: I'm gonna need a new square to put you on since Krulsch took I8 before you. I'll assume you're on L8 though since that is beside Soth.

Round 2:
    -27 - Gan (Mage Armor)
    -24 - Krulsch
    -16 - Soth
    -13 - Oradell
    -8 - Skeeve
    8 - Dogs

Adjusting the his exotic chain weapon, Krulsch strides over to his comrade and gives a smirk while his body tenses, waiting for the onslaught. The Albino goblin is also quick to approach the dogs, shooting forth a bolt of magical energy that causes a yelp from the animal but doesn't slow it down. Oradell takes a spot behind the wall of goblins and, though it's a tricky shot through his allies (((They provide cover to the dogs)), he effortlessly makes the shot, the arrow sinking deep into the dog's haunch. Last to step forward is the reluctant Skeesky, his sword ready as he drops into a low but far reaching stance.

The dogs continue their charge, if anything more enraged by the further intruders. The first crawls carefully inbetween the wires of the fence and growls menacingly at Soth.

The next moves forward, only to be nearly missed by a swing from Krulsch's drow chain. Barking loudly at its attacker, the dog lunges towards Krulsch, the wire slicing accross the dog's face in a thin but deep cut before the dog sinks his teeth into Krulsch's goblin flesh (Krulsch: 8 damage)

Hurting a bit from the arrow, the next dog merely crosses through the fence, and is surprised by the whip like snap of Krulsch's weapon that hits the wild grass near it.

The other two dogs wriggle through the fence and try to form a circle with the other farm dogs, to cut off these strange intruders, barking all the while to warn their owners.

Enemy damage
    1: 7 damage
    2: 2 damage
    3: 7 damage
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Spoiler
    Show
    Back to me, eh?

Just to help me remember what the heck my guy can do:
    Stance: Gambler's Hand Stance
    Maneuvers: Unseen Hand, Mightstrike, Mighty Throw, Tempest Strike, Mountain Hammer
    Inspiration: 6/6

Gan

Feeling more confident now that he is among his allies, Gan skips forward a short step and his foot lashes out at one of the dogs (3) with bone-crushing strength (Mountain Hammer).

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+6)[4](10) (+1 thanks to WF for Setting Sun maneuvers)
    Damage: (1d4+7)[4](11) (+1 thanks to Gambler's Stance, +4 by spending an Inspiration point)
    Mountain Hammer: (2d6)[6][5](11)
    EDIT: Argh. Good damage, crappy accuracy.
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2008-04-14 at 12:26 AM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Soth bares his teeth and glares at the dog he hit with his magic missiles earlier before moving to a more secure position (J9) and barking orders, pardon the pun. "The left two are mine! Oradell, finish the far right!" With that, he casts Sleep centered at D/E-8/9.

12. - Top - End - #42

Flumph

7 (Strength plus Dexterity)
    1 (Size for being goblin)
    3 (BAB for being part ranger)

I let another shot fly at dog 1 after moving two squares to the right (10 L)

(1d20+11)[20]
    (1d6+2)[5]

13. - Top - End - #43

Skeesky takes note of Soth's spellcasting before bringing his short sword to bear on the dog in front of him (2).

"Let's not get surrounded, shall we?"

Shadows merge around Skeesky's weapon, pulling in from the darkness around him until the entire weapon is pure darkness. It leaves a trail of shadows as Skeesky slices at the dog.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack
    [roll0] 2 BAB, 4 Dex, 1 Size, 1 Masterwork, 1 Weapon Focus, 2 isle of blades
    Damage
    [roll1]+[roll2]
    Dog needs to make a DC 15 Fort save or 20% miss chance on melee attacks for next round
    Last edited by Vortling; 2008-04-14 at 10:39 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Krulsch attempts to deflect the dog's attack against him with a desperate swipe of his gauntlet, but fails. He grunts as the dog's teeth sink into him, grimacing in pain.

"Let's hope we get a choice!" he yells in reply to Skeesky.

He shifts his posture slightly, and suddenly seems to be harder to see against the shadows in the grass. Trusting Skeesky to deal with the closer threat, he whips his gauntlet towards the dog behind it, the razor edged ribbon of steel extending from it towards his target.

Spoiler
    Show

First, attempts Baffling Defense against the Wolf's attack:
    BafflingDefense - (1d20+9)[14]

...and fails miserably.

Second, shifts into Child of Shadow stance, but doesn't move (Just want to be able to get my +dex bonus to damage from the Shadow Blade feat).

Then attacks dog number 3.
    Attack - (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage - (1d4+6)[9]
    Last edited by GammaPaladin; 2008-04-15 at 04:41 AM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Round 3:
    -27 - Gan (Mage Armor)
    -24 - Krulsch
    -16 - Soth
    -13 - Oradell
    -8 - Skeeve
    8 - Dogs

More confident with his allies and magical protection, Gan turns around and delivers a powerful blow....To the air as the dog crouches down below the kick.

Shrugging off the pain and slight blood loss from his wound, However with Gan moving forward his aim is off once again. (Gan providing soft cover to 3)

Soth meanwhile turns to those threatening to encircle the goblins and with the live cricket, pulled from his pouch of magical components, singing it's song as it disappears, points a hand in their direction. For a moment they seem to sway, however, perhaps from the barking of the other dogs, they remain standing and give more ferocious growls. ((Hey, they rolled good okay?))

Stepping away from the action, Oradell draws another arrow and shoots it into the chest of the first beast to charge. Its next bark is pained and blood is mixed in its spittle, however it still stands and has some fight in it.

With sword in hand Skeesky recalls his martial training and strikes out with supernatural shadows surrounding his blade. However right as he's about to strike the dog lunges at him with a loud bark and his swing is thrown off course.

The dogs, though some of them damaged, are no where near giving up. Running purely on adrenaline as blood drips from the quarrel stuck in it's ribs, the first dog charges towards the archer who delivered the attack. However it's teeth dig only into the leather of Oradell's armor.

Following through on the lunge that had initially thrown Oradell off balance, the second dog snaps it's jaws, horribly smelling breath shooting out with each bark, however Skeesky pushes the jaws away with his free hand.

The third dog dodges to the side of the martial gambler and dabbler, but it's simple bite is no use against one of such prowess.

The fourth, trying to surround these intruders, runs forward at the goblin with that biting chain whip. However, Krulsch delivers two swift slashes with his weapon against the dog in the time it takes for it to reach him, and it falls down at his feet, blood running freely from two long deep cuts that run the length of its body.

The last, not seeing the demise of his brother, moved towards Oradell to help with the leader of the pack. However the barks probably was what tricked Oradell off to be able to easily defend against the gung-ho attack.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46

Spoiler
    Show
    Man, so much for being these badass goblin geniuses. We're fighting evenly with some farmers' mutts!

Stance: Gambler's Hand Stance
    Maneuvers: Unseen Hand, Mightstrike, Mighty Throw
    Inspiration: 2/4

Gan

Gan looks a bit annoyed as the dog ducks under his best strike. He spins to get his back to the fence (J6) and tries to drive a fist into one of the other dog's (2) ribs, his knuckles momentarily dancing with energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+9)[18](27) (WF, Flanking, Gambler's Hand)
    Damage: 1d4+6 (1 Inspiration point)
    Extra Cold Damage: (1d4)[4](4)
    Extra Electrical Damage: (1d4)[1](1)
    Messed up roll in OOC thread.
    Last edited by dyslexicfaser; 2008-04-16 at 01:32 AM.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47

Flumph

Oradell (Not on his turn, as a free action) calls out "Damn, can I get a little bit of help here?"

Then, he pulls out his maces and says "Eat my maces, dumb animals!" He strikes the attacking animal two times with his maces.

(1d20+9)[29] Light Mace
    (1d20+4)[5] Heavy Mace

(1d4+1)[4] Light Mace
    (1d6+2)[3] Heavy Mace

When he leaves his mark, he quips "Cheer up, it is only a hard strike to the head!"

18. - Top - End - #48

"Soth! Step back so Krulsch can help Oradell!" Skeesky shouts, hoping no hostiles other than the dogs are close enough to hear him. Skeesky shifts his feet to move closer to the fence (5 foot step, H7). Skeesky's blade gathers strength from the shadows again but this time a second blade forms from the shadows, slightly displaced from his original blade. Both blades slice through the air at the dog(2)

Attacks
    Shadow Blade Technique
    (1d20+11)[14]
    (1d20+11)[31]

Damage
    (1d4-1)[1]
    extra damage if both attacks hit
    (1d6)[2]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Krulsch hears Skeesky call out to Soth, but he's already moving. He dances a step to his right and whirls his weapon around to strike at the dog that obviously leads the pack, in the hopes of demoralizing the group.

Flames flicker along the length of the wicked lash as he whips it towards the dog in question.

"Die you miserable varmint!"

Spoiler
    Show

5 foot step to J-8, swift action to initiate Burning Blade, and attacks dog #1 in front of Oradell with Stone Bones, just because he's within the reach of Dogs 2 and 3 now, so DR 5/adamantine might be helpful.

Attack - (1d20+10)[24]
    Damage - (1d4+6)[9]
    Bonus Fire Damage - (1d6+3)[9]
    Guh, add +1 to that damage. I'm not doing a very good job of keeping track of all my modifiers. +1 from strength, +5 from dex due to Shadow Blade, and +1 from it being a +1 weapon (Which is what I forgot, like a moron).

So 19 total damage, rather than 18.
    Last edited by GammaPaladin; 2008-04-18 at 03:27 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Soth rolled his eyes and stepped a bit south (to J10) and faces northeast before forming his palms into a cone and sending a color spray at two of the dogs flanking his allies (1 and 3.) After speaking the words for the spell, he quips at Skeesky. "You speak as though I can't do the job!"

21. - Top - End - #51

Round 3:
    27 - Gan (Mage Armor)
    24 - Krulsch
    16 - Soth
    13 - Oradell
    -8 - Skeeve
    8 - Dogs

Dodging back, Gan delivers a powerful punch into the dog, the sound of ribs cracking audible as with a yelp, the dog falls to the ground.

Krulsch meanwhile, moves to help the archer and brings down the leader of the pack with some quick, barely visible slashes of the drow chain, as the dog falls into three pieces before igniting on fire.

Soth decides to cast another spell on the, relatively, healthy dog beside Gan, as from his hands bursts forth a wield spray of colors. The overwhelming spray is too much for the dog as it falls to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOTS: Since you haven't rolled it yourself, I'll roll to confirm in the OOC thread, and i suggest you check it too see a question or two i've made about your mods there. Also, I'm assuming you're attacking dog 5 now.

Oradell, dropping his bow, draws his Maces and attacks the last remaining dog engaging him in combat, his lighter mace hitting the dog square on the skull.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vort: seeing your target's dead and I'm not going to assume too much for you, I'm letting you redecide what you're going to do for this round.

Enemy damage
    1: barely recognizable corpse
    2: dying
    3: 7 damage, unconcious (5), Blinded (9), stunned (10)
    4: dying
    5: 4 damage
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Soth, deciding against wasting spells against a foe who's fate is sealed, wanders toward (H9) the dog that had fallen first (4) and begins beating it to death with his 'walking stick.' "Let's wrap this up, I grow tired of dealing with these wannabe worgs."

Attack - (1d20+1)[8]
    Damage - (1d4-1)[0]

23. - Top - End - #53

Flumph

I shout "Bring it on, puppy boy!" as I smash the attacking dog with my maces.

(1d20+7)[12] L Mace
    (1d20+4)[7] H Mace

(1d4+1)[3] L Mace
    [roll] 1d6+2[/roll] H Mace

24. - Top - End - #54

[previous turn redo]Skeesky moves swiftly over to help out Oradell with the remaining standing dog (K10, attacking dog 5). Ice blue fire leaps from the hilt of Skeesky's sword stopping once it has covered the entire blade. At the last moment before his sword slices towards the dog it splits into two exact copies of his blade.

[spoiler]
    Activating burning blade and moving to square K10 to attack dog 5 with shadow blade technique.
    Attack
    (1d20+11)[31]
    (1d20+11)[14]
    Damage
    [roll]1d4+1d6+2[/roll]
    Extra Damage if both attacks hit
    (1d6)[2]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    If Dog #5 is still standing, Krulsch will take a step to the south and attempt to finish it.

Attack - (1d20+10)[19]
    Damage - (1d4+7)[11]

Otherwise he will simply Coup de Grace dog number 3.

Damage - (2d4+14)[20]

In the latter circumstance, he will say quietly:
    "No reason to let it suffer."

Krulsch examines his bite wound as the action winds down, panting from exertion.

"Well, some heroes we turned out to be. We're bloodied by some farmers' blasted pets. And we still don't have any damn idea what kind of creatures these farmers be."

He sighs heavily.

26. - Top - End - #56

Gan grins and hops from foot to foot, feeling his adrenaline pumping, even after such a lackluster fight. "I'm certain, with the racket those dogs were making, we will be finding out shortly just what kind of force these farmers can muster. I rather suspect it will be of the torches-and-pitchforks variety, whatever the color of their skin."

He looks completely unrepentant that this turn of events is basically his fault.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Soth points at the dog he hit with his color spray. "That's why we should finish off that mutt before it gets up."

28. - Top - End - #58

Skeesky sheaths his weapon and lets someone else take care of the last dog. "Let's see if we can use the fence here defensively for an ambush since we've eliminated both the dogs and the diplomatic option. Barring some very impressive lying, of course. At the very least we should be able to replenish our wanning supplies even if we have to make a dash through the settlement."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Soth raised an eyebrow at Skeesky. "We don't need to lie, I don't believe. We had sent scouts out to determine if the settlement would be willing to provide us with supplies, and one of the scouts was forced to retreat to the main group after getting the unwelcome attention of the dogs. Their deaths, although tragic, we're strictly in self defense."

Naturally, Soth is saying this while delivering a coup de grace to one of the dying dogs. "Of course, if that fails, we'll have two kinds of meat to jerky instead of one, so it's a win-win situation."

30. - Top - End - #60

Round 5:
    -27 - Gan (Mage Armor)
    -24 - Krulsch
    -16 - Soth
    -13 - Oradell
    -8 - Skeeve
    2 - Farmers

With a swing of his blade, Skeesky brings down another dog, and though it breathes faintly, the with it's still smoking wound it's not long for the world.

As Krucsh and Soth begin to 'end the suffering' of some of the fallen dogs, the rest of you relax for a moment. Just a moment however, for, from the direction of the farmhouse, comes a sound like thunder. Striding over the field you are able to spot three humanoid forms. One of them whistles and after a moment's silence, punctuated by the lack of barking now, One shouts in common, "HEY! WHO'S OUT THERE!?"

((K, same encounter so no refreshing stuff yet (That'd be too easy). As a note, if you lie prone you can consider the wild grass and the farmer's crops as soft cover for hiding and such for hiding if you wish, unless they're adjacent you, in which case you just look silly. Oh, and spot checks!))
    Last edited by Pink; 2008-04-22 at 02:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show