New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151

Default Re: Heros of Awe-team blue

Owen jumps again and cuts deeply the dire wolf, finishing it off. Taking advantage of the momentum, the warrior keeps his blade going and slashes towards the imobilized giant, choping its head off in one clean cut. The body still trembles for a moment, but then silence falls over the battlefield.

Anabela lets out a girlish scream

Oh gods that was beatifull! I was told you were good, but I never imagined you were this good. I've never seen giants going down so fast, and trust me, I've seen a lot of giant fights.

You then hear some stomping and grunting sounds coming from the east. They are distant, but whitout any doubt they're geting closer from your position...

Drake then turns to the party and says:

If those are more giants coming to fight, we're not going anywhere. I'll go and divert your atention, you guys keep going. Don't worry about me, I know how to take care of myself. I'll catch up with you later.

Wait a minute, you'll need someone to patch you up while you hold the giants
    -says Dorian-I'll go with you.

Ah, what the hell, climb up...

Saying this, the half dragon takes flight, carrying the necromancer over him. He leaves behind Jaden's equipment and the bag of holding, comenting it would only slow him down.

Ooc:

BATTLE FINISHED!(insert your favorite computer RPG fight victory here)

Spoiler
    Show

Well, there are three giant bodies laying in the battlefield waiting to be looted.

I ended up removing Drake and Dorian, since indeed you are suposed to suceed on this by yourselves. They left behind Jaden's equipment and the bag of holding.

Also there is something else aproaching, so you can either choose to make a stand where you are or keep going.

Exp gained:

Those who are at lv8: 1400 exp

Those who are at lv7: 1707 exp

EDIT: Ah, what the heck, of course you'll want to clean the bodies:

1st regular giant: nothing of value, just worthless skins and crude weapons/tools(bad rolls)
    2nd regular giant: bag with 12000 SP
    Giant Hunter: bag with 13000 SP, dusty long scroll, and what seemed to be a large skin cape transforms into a finely crafted grey cloack once it's picked by one of the characters. The cloak seems to constantly change colors as it is moved.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Shredder

The pixie winks into view, clearly hurt. "Damn, but that giant hit hard... next time I'll let you lot go in first." She puts away the scimitars and pulls a wand out of her sack.

Spoiler
    Show

Eternal wand of cure moderate wounds, twice: (2d8+3)[8], (2d8+3)[12]

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

3. - Top - End - #153

Anabela looks at the party, wich seems to still be catching back their breath.

Well, it seems something else is aproaching. Do you intend to stay here and see what it is or move onward?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaden

Still standing atop the dead giant, Jaden tears a chunk of its flesh loose and noisily devours it. After finishing, he jumps down, transforming to his hybrid form as he does so.

"Urgh, hill giant meat tastes terrible. Well, no need to stay here, we might as well be on our way."
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

5. - Top - End - #155

As Anabela leads you away from the battlesite, you sudenly hear the crude voice of Hill giants discussing something, followed by what seems hard things hiting each other, and more loud grumbing, but this time moving away from you.

Well seems like we managed to get past the giants. I must confess, now I'm feeling a lot more confident about you guys..Ah, here we are.

It just seems to be another normal part of the forest, but Anabela guides you towards a specially big tree. Under it, hidden by smaller vegetation, is a hole. Anabela lights a torch and throws it inside, and you can see it fall several meters untill it hits what seems like a worked stone floor.

Follow me-says Anabela, jumping trough the hole.

When you manage to get down, your eyes start to get used to the darkness, and you can now see this is a large underground tunnel, clearly giant made. The hole from wich you came true was made by the roots of the tree, and actually most of the tunel seems cracked and full of dust and cracks like it has been adbandoned for very long. The walls are filled with stranges runes and decorations depicting giants and strange creatures, but several broken parts make it impossible to extract any true meaning.

This, like you probably already guessed-
    says Anabela, starting to guide you trough the dark tunnel-Is another legacy of the giants of old. They seemed to like to build a lot of stuff underground. Nobody really knows why, but my guess is that it was to give them some privacy from the dragons. Or it's just that most of the stuff that was build overground was simply destroyed by the jungle... Now don't worry, this tunnel's pretty stable, and I personally checked out for traps long ago in the way we now go.

Saying this, the elf sudenly turns and enters a branch tunel

Now, try to keep close, there are several ramifications and rooms I still haven't explored. It's quite possible that there may be some nice treasures down here, but that's for another day. We're being paid to retrieve the orb and come back as quickly as possible. Also the guardians here are nasty...

As she finishes the sentence you pass by what seems the remains of a rock golem, crumbled on the floor.

This one took out two of my former adventurer companions before going down, peace to their souls. The clerics at Stormreach couldn't find a way to raise them. I've come here several times to try to get things I could sell for a good price, but there's one valuable item I found out that I couldn't really carry out.

She then makes you enter a larger room, where there are several blocked archways on the walls, each one decorated with diferent runes.

As you all know, Xendrik's pretty big, yet the giants managed to one time build an empire all over it. How was it possible? Well, I think this is an answer. This, my friends, is a transporter room. Each archway, when activated, can instantly teleport people and goods to other rooms like this all over Xendrink. I spent several decades trying those archways out, and they are the main reason of my career of sucess. You see, the drow temple we're going to enter tomorrow is actually two weeks hard travel from Stormreach, but thanks to this room we'll get right next to it by tomorrow whitout much effort. Actually, we're going to teleport just under the temple. I don't know if the drow know about this travel system, but I know that when they install themselves in a place they usually spread guards everywhere, so it's quite possible tomorrow we'll have to face resistance the moment we come out. So sharpen your weapons, prepare your magics and rest well. Tomorrow the real action starts.
    Oh, one more thing...

Saying this Anabela takes out a wand from his back and touches each one of you once. First you don't feel nothing, but gradually a warm sensation falls over your bodies, your pains seems to disapear and your wounds start to close.

I want you all fresh for tomorrow. No sense dying because of some scratches from yesterday.

Ooc:
    One night's rest for everybody, so recharge spells and abilities.
    Time to make last minute preparations and buffs. When everybody's ready you enter the temple.

Everybody has been healed for full HP.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Well, then. So, if they have golem guardians... anyone needs an adamantine weapon?

7. - Top - End - #157

Ooc:So, can I advance with the action? Everybody's ready?

8. - Top - End - #158

Shredder

"I'm as ready as I can be, I think... though an adamantine scimitar wouldn't be a bad idea..."

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

9. - Top - End - #159

In the next day, after you're rested and saciated, Anabela aproaches one of the archways. She makes her hands pass trough the runes, and some of them glow and seem to change. After some minutes of trying and Anabela murmuring diferent words, the archway starts glowing and the middle, wich was made of pure stone, becomes a flashing surface, filling the room with light. Anabela then breathes deeply and runs trough the arcway, disapearing from site. You follow her, and you sudenly feel some colossal force pulling your body, and you feel like you're dragged trough water at great speed, unable to breath, unable to see anything clearly but several focus of light, untill it all ends, and you come out in a equal room to wich you left. But it's not the same one, since it has no signs of your previous encampment. But this time, instead of complete silence, you can hear chants very far away.

It's the drows-says Anabela, looking a little drowsy from the jump- They seem to be starting their ceremonies. We must advance with caution.

Dear Shredder, want to lead the way again?-asks Anabela looking at the pixie.

Ooc:Everybody make spot and listen checks. Whoever wants to hide or move silently use the respective skills.

Shredder wants to lead the way again? The tunnels are pitch dark, wich mean either you keep close with the party, or you need to carry a torch, wich will impose a -5 penalty in your hide ability, even with invisibility. Remember, constructs, zombies and other mindless creatures are imune to illusions such as invisibility.

If you want to check for traps roll for search.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-05-28 at 02:05 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160

Shredder

The pixie takes her customary position at point, invisible and moving with as much stealth as possible.

Spoiler
    Show

No need for light, Shredder has Darkvision 60' from the Draconic template.

Rolls: Spot - (1d20+15)[27], Listen - (1d20+13)[15], Hide - (1d20+20)[21], MoveSilent - (1d20+16)[21], Search - (1d20+15)[22]

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

11. - Top - End - #161
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Arcos uses an Adamantine infusion on the pixis Scimitar, then passes the arc too.

Spoiler
    Show

spot: (1d20+1)[2](3)
    listen: (1d20+1)[18](19)

12. - Top - End - #162
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide - (1d20+13)[15]
    Move Silently - (1d20+13)[16]
    Spot - (1d20+12)[29]
    Listen - (1d20+12)[24]

((It seams I forgot to buy any light sources. Anyone got a tourch?))

13. - Top - End - #163
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaden is traveling in tiger form again and has low-light vision, but no darkvision.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+16)[17]
    Listen: (1d20+16)[22]
    Hide: (1d20+15)[24]
    Move Silently: (1d20+20)[39]
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

14. - Top - End - #164

Ooc: just to say I'm really busy with real life right now and thus can't properly advance the campaign. Hopefully I'll be able to get things going next weekend.

15. - Top - End - #165

As Shredder advances, sudenly she spots something unusual.

Two columns of stone, one on each side of the tunnel, around two feets wide and twenty five feets high. At first glance they looked normal, but closer observation revelas that they aren't actually part of the structure. They aren't cemented on the ground, nor do they touch the celing, and the pixie doesn't remember seeing any columns like that in the rest of the tunnel.

Closer observation fails ro reveal anything resembling a trap mechanism, but the columns seem to have slighly humanoid shapes in their forms.

Ooc:Only Shredder can see this. The other characters are more back and don't have darkvision, so they can't actually see anything.

16. - Top - End - #166

Shredder

Shredder backtracks to the main group and whispers her observations.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota