New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Heros of Awe-team blue

Hmm... I don't like the idea of sending someone out on there own. I think that first we need to all now a bit about each other's talents. I'm a somewhat accomplished scout myself, but during the war I mainly served as a shock trooper, sneaking close to vital positions before charging in and eliminating the opposition."

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Now thats a problem. Sending a scout into enemy teritorry is always a dangerous task. Not to send one, on the otherhand is a foolish one, and not less dangerous for shure. Oh, and my powers are less focust in destruction, than in construction. I can swing my chain, too, but my true strength is the craft of magical items.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Drake grins.

"My training has been rather focused on martial combat. The monks tried to teach me of the elements and spirits, but I am not so quick a study at such things, and exhausted even their patience. So my talents in that area are rather limited."

"I'm not terribly subtle I'm afraid. Just point me at whatever you'd like smashed."

4. - Top - End - #94

Actually, I'm the one who's being paid for scouting in the middle of all this. Adventuring alone in Xen'Drik alone whitout experience on the territory is very dangerous. I may do it, but it's because I'm rather good at running away when it's needed, but in our case running away won't really be an option.

Anyway, the giants may not be very stealthy, but mr.Drake over there surely will stand a lot in the middle of the jungle, and Arcos armor will be heard from a good distance. It's almost impossible we all pass undetected trough the jungle.

However, the pixie girl, for what I was informed, is rather good at passing unnoticed and scouting. Now she I would let explore the path ahead alone.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Shredder

"That is what I get paid for, after all. Well, that, and what I do after I sneak into or past where other people don't want me."

She smiles wryly at the group. "Just make sure to come quickly if it sounds like I need help."

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

6. - Top - End - #96

Then we'll face the giants it seems. I'll let the other lady of our group scout us.
    Well, if you don't jave any more questions, then I'll meet you at the western gate tomorrow by sun set. Make sure you buy anything you may need now because we aren't going to see a shop so soon.

Ooc:Decide what to buy, and since we're at it, decide a party formation, who goes in front, who goes in back, or I will put you randomly.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

OOC: Jaden will purchase a Spell Component pouch in Stormreach (forgot to buy one before the game started).

While travelling, Jaden will stay in tiger form and will stay a little distance away from the rest of the party, off to the side of the path but within sight of the party. He will also move as stealthily as possible and remain alert for potential danger, making Hide, Move Silently, Spot and Listen checks as necessary (remember to use the skill modifiers on my tiger form sheet). Note that Jaden has the Improved Scent feat, so he can detect creatures by scent alone from as far as 60 feet away. Ayla will do the same on the other side of the main party.

Also, I want to know if I can rig some sort of harness that will allow Jaden to carry his pack and quiver while in tiger form. If that's not possible, he'll ask Drake to carry them.
    Last edited by Knight13; 2008-04-20 at 10:32 PM.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Drake will seek out a healer first, he still has 52 HP to heal... I guess we don't have any actual healers, just wands and potions? This will be an interesting adventure O.o

If he has any money left afterwards, he might see about getting an eternal wand with one cure spell or another in it... How much did we each get from the loot off the halflings again?

9. - Top - End - #99

Shredder

Shredder will pick up a handful of golem strike and grave strike scrolls (3 each should do). In general, she will scout ahead, invisible, flying, and moving as silently as possible.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

10. - Top - End - #100

Seeing how drake still has some ugly wounds and asks about healers, Orwen aproaches and touches him. The half dragon feels positive energy flowing trough his body and his injuries heal.

"There, big guy. Undeads may be my speciality, but back at school I was forced to also learn how to patch up the living. All smooth now."

Then each of you go to their business, but next day when you finally arrive at the meeting point Anabela is no where to be seen, and Orwen is also missing. But then, you hear someone complain loudly.

"I already said I'm sorry, all right?"

Turning back you see Orwen being draged by an ear by Anabela. The necromancer has now a shining tatoo in his forehead. Anabela turns to you and says:

"Guess what people? Our little magical prodigy hear decided to go and make his skeletons dig the local graveyard for more corpses. City guard caught him, and he at least had the good sense of don't starting a fight, but still tried to run away. Ended up being caught and still would be in a cozy antimagic cell if I hadn't heard of it. I used my contacts to manage to skip a trial and set him free, but they still put him this ward in his big head. It blocks all kind of necromantic powers. We don't have time to remove it properly so we'll have to pass whitout his undeath powers, but since he already's been paid he comes with us. Maybe we can send him desecrate the giant's graveyard as a distraction... Well, everybody ready? Let's go."

The elf woman lets go of Orwen's ear and advances towards the jungle trees some feets ahead, mumbing something you can't discern.

Ooc: Ok, jungle crawl started.

Roll your hide and move silently if you want them(need to move at half speed or at full speed with a -5 penalty)

Everybody roll spot and listen checks.

11. - Top - End - #101

Before leaving Owen deposits his recent earnings at the local House Kundurak enclave, picking up a letter of credit while he's at it. (Exactly how much money did we get?)

Spot - (1d20+12)[24]
    Listen - (1d20+12)[18]

If I can I'll just take 10 on my stealth skills while moving at full speed for 15 in each.

12. - Top - End - #102

Shredder

The pixie goes invisible and takes point, flying gently over the ground ahead of the group.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslecamo View Post
    Roll your hide and move silently if you want them(need to move at half speed or at full speed with a -5 penalty)

Everybody roll spot and listen checks.
    [/I]
    Reduce fly speed to 30', moving silently and practicing stealth, just in case.

MS - (1d20+16)[26], Hide - (1d20+20)[40], Listen - (1d20+13)[19], Spot - (1d20+15)[29]

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

13. - Top - End - #103

Hide - (1d20+10)[30]
    Move Silently - (1d20+14)[17]
    Spot - (1d20+14)[23]
    Listen - (1d20+14)[30]
    Last edited by Knight13; 2008-04-27 at 05:50 PM.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Necromancers... Arcos shakes his head when Anabela told the story.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot: (1d20+1)[17](18)
    Listen: (1d20+1)[9](10)

befor we start, Arcos heals himself with a few maximised charges from his staff...

15. - Top - End - #105

As she advances inside the forest, Shredder sudenly notices something big behind some trees that isn't exactly made of wood. As she carefully aproaches she sees it's a hill giant wich carefully tries to hide and remain silent behind some truncks. He wears crude leather armor, a bone spear and a bone axe at his back, and his hands play with some big chuncks of rock. He seems to don't have noticed the little pixie flying some feets near him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drake is carrying Jaden's equipment that he can't carry around in tiger form.

Big green circles are trees, block line of sight, movement and line of effect. They're around 50 feets tall if someone want to jump/fly above them.

The big black/gray circle is the giant.

Current situation

Shredder, decide what to do.

16. - Top - End - #106

Shredder

The scouting pixie moves quietly back to the main party. "Halt," she whispers, before returning to her position.

Spoiler
    Show

Move back to I6 at half speed, free action to speak, move (in lieu of standard action) forward to C6 at half speed.

MS - (1d20+16)[31], Hide - (1d20+20)[35] (if necessary)

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

17. - Top - End - #107

As the main body of the party stops moving, the sound of their armors clinging stops and Shredder can see that the giant seems to notice it. He holds still with a big rock in each hand, carefully looking around, waiting for something to happen.

18. - Top - End - #108

Shredder

Too late to fool him into thinking nobody's here... can he be put down quickly enough to not raise an alarm? I hope the others come quickly... She creeps closer to the giant.

Spoiler
    Show

Hoping to move, then attack, getting a surprise round and then winning initiative. Intended actions:

Move (1/2 speed) to A8 MS - (1d20+16)[24], Hide - (1d20+20)[38]

Initiative - (1d20+7)[11]

Surprise (if applicable): Attack - (1d20+16)[34], Damage - (1d4+2)[5], SA - (3d6)[11]

1st Round: AttackMainHand - (1d20+14)[20], Damage - (1d4+2)[6], SA - (3d6)[10]
    AttackMainHand - (1d20+9)[29], Damage - (1d4+2)[4], SA - (3d6)[8]
    AttackOffHand - (1d20+14)[18], Damage - (1d4)[4], SA - (3d6)[12]
    AttackOffHand - (1d20+14)[17], Damage - (1d4)[1], SA - (3d6)[12]

Edit: forgot +2 to all attack rolls for being invisible... that makes the attack rolls: 36, 22, 29, 20, 19, respectively.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-05-01 at 11:14 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

19. - Top - End - #109

Spoiler
    Show

2 potential critical hits to confirm (adding in the +2 for being invisible I forgot above)

ConfirmSurprise - (1d20+18)[28], Damage - (1d4+2)[4], NervewrackRounds - (1d4)[4]

ConfirmMainHand2 - (1d20+11)[26], Damage - (1d4+2)[4], NervewrackRounds - (1d4)[4]

Nervewrack: On a critical hit, the opponent receives the following penalties
    due to pain for 1d4 rounds (no save):
    a) –2 penalty to AC, attack rolls, weapon damage, and Reflex
    saves;
    b) movement is ½; and
    c) casting spells requires a Concentration check vs. DC 15.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-05-01 at 11:12 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

20. - Top - End - #110

The suprise attack catches the giant totally unaware, cuting him deeply and making him scream in agony as the nervewrack slows him down. Yet he stands and tries to fight off the invisibla attacker.

Spoiler
    Show
    Giant hunter's iniative:(1d20+7)[19]

21. - Top - End - #111

I..I may not be able to see you, but I know you are there! DIE!

With these words the giant lets out a loud scream that echoes trough the jungle and takes out his bone axe, swinging it at the zone where the pixie is.

Spoiler
    Show

Giant has blind fight, so he gets to reroll miss chances due to invisibility one time per attack. I'll roll twice for each attack to save time. 1-50 is a hit. 51-100 is a miss.

(1d20)[18] (1d100)[82] (1d100)[34] (3d6)[14]

(1d20)[16] (1d100)[71] (1d100)[26] (3d6)[12]

(1d20)[4] (1d100)[65] (1d100)[89] (3d6)[9]

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-05-01 at 12:01 PM.

22. - Top - End - #112

The first two blows manage to hit the pixie, but the third time the large weapon head just swings by her side.

Shredder then counter attacks, and the giant this time manages to keep his vital points out of the blade's reach, but still can't avoid being cut some more times. The hunter keeps roaring all the time, but in his eyes shines a malevolent intelgent glow.

His massive body is slowed by the nervewrack, but he seems like he's ready for more.

Spoiler
    Show

Shredder took 32 damage total.

The giant hunter took 28 damage total. After the suprise round he managed to evade sneack attack in melee.

Iniative for everybody else:

Anabela:(1d20+5)[13]
    Dorian:(1d20+2)[8]
    Jaden:(1d20+2)[11]
    Drake:(1d20+6)[24]
    Owen:(1d20+2)[17]
    Arcos:(1d20+2)[21]

Jaden can hear, over the scream, that something or someone is geting to the combat zone. It should arrive in around six seconds.

Hmm, and where is nervewrack from again? Does it stack with itself?

23. - Top - End - #113

Spoiler
    Show

Shredder took 32 damage total.
    Did you include Shredder's damage resistance of 10/cold iron?

The giant hunter took 28 damage total. After the suprise round he managed to evade sneack attack in melee.
    Unless this is another house rule, I think not. Since I, the attacker, am invisible, "The defender loses any Dexterity bonus to AC. This bonus doesn’t apply if the target is blinded." and "The rogue’s attack deals extra damage any time her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the rogue flanks her target."

Hmm, and where is nervewrack from again? Does it stack with itself?
    I got it from Crystal Keep... I thought the reference was Drow of the Underdark, but apparently, it's from Dungeon Magazine instead. Oops. I can replace it if you like. I would assume that it doesn't stack, but that successive hits could extend the duration.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-05-01 at 01:55 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

24. - Top - End - #114

Spoiler
    Show
    The giant hunter has blind fight. Besides allowing him to reroll miss chances against invisible oponents, it allows him to don't be flatfooted when fighting an invisible enemy in melee(check the srd for complete rules). You can still flanck him or attack from range however to get sneack attack damage. With all the drows there are in the jungle, blindfight is handy for any monster who lives time enough to get some class levels.

You got to score sneack attack damage in the first round because he still hadn't noticed someone was near him, but once you attacked the giant it noticed you, won iniative and the blindfight protected him from further sneack attacks.

And yes I acounted for the DR in the damage you reveived. I will assume the neverwrack doesn't stack with itself then.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-05-01 at 02:04 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmmm... that's what I get for never actually reading the description for Blind Fight.

Okay, then, change of tactics...

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

26. - Top - End - #116
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

When he hears the giant scream, Arcos tries to run into a position where he can attak it.

Spoiler
    Show

Arcos moves to G5 (unless that place will be blocked by Drake, who can act first.
    (Hm, speed 20 means i can move 8 squares on the map when runing or charging, right?)

27. - Top - End - #117

As soon as Shredder tells the group to halt Owen draws his sword

28. - Top - End - #118

Jaden

Jaden abandons stealth and bounds forward to confront the giant and the new threat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Move to E4
    Standard Action: Ready an action to use Jaden's Bite attack on the giant or the approaching creature, if either of them attacks him. If the attack hits, Jaden will use Improved Grab to start a grapple.

OOC: By the way, where's my leopard?

29. - Top - End - #119

Ooc:Ouch I knew I forgeted something. Let's say he was just behind you, hiding very well.

30. - Top - End - #120

Ooc:Gammapaladin seems to have disapeared, so he'll lose his turn for now.

Arcos turn.