New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC) Act 2

The ship drops out of hyperspace, leaving the ship in the Onderon system. The green/blue-green world below is obviously widely forested. In space, four moon orbit the planet, as do 3 Imperial light cruisers and an assortment of freighters.

Most of the freighters are gathered around a large mass of debris. Upon closer scan, it seems to be a massively damaged vessel. It isn't clear if the freighters are fixing the vessel or disassembling it for salvage.

Two of the three Imperial Cruisers scan The Angry Mule when she arrives, but don't send any transmissions or alter their slow orbital patrol.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Okay, point of note. We're going to get scanned on the way out." Kera turns to Flick (or hits the PA if he's not on the bridge). "Flick, do we have contact information or a place we're supposed to land?"

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

Flick nods, pulling out his datapad, "Yes, I've got the contact frequency and codes so we can get ahold of the cargo." What does she think I am, a Gungan.

He hands the pad over to Corran so he can tune that the correct frequency and set the decryption code.

As Corran works 6 relatively small starships rise up out of the atmosphere. They look like ancient aircraft with tube bodies and wide flat wings. Once clear of the atmosphere, they all jump to hyperspace in unison.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

Corran set the sensor to try to identify the ship that lifted of and headed into Hyperspace, Corran also sets the Comm to t5he frequency that is on the Datapad Flick handed him.

Computer Use (Sensors) (1d20+10)[30]
    Computer Use (Set Comm Channel) (1d20+10)[16]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-10-18 at 02:45 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

The sensors show that the ships a flying up and that the jumped to hyperspace. Based on their last trajectory, it looks like they jumped towards the Meridian Sector(you'll have to fire up the hyperdrive to be more specific).

Corran tunes to that frequency and immediately wishes he had turned down the volume first. That frequency is totally jammed with energy from a nearby pulsar. Flick puts his hands over his ears when the noise comes in and screams at Corran to turn it down and filter based on the decryption code.

6. - Top - End - #396

Corran dose as Flick instructs him to do.

Computer Use (For Comm) (1d20+10)[28]

Character links

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

When a decryption algorithm and the provided code is applied, it changes the tenor of the noise. *thump* *thump* *whump* *thump* *thump* *thump* pause *thump* pause *thump* *thump* pause ...

This continues for 10 minutes or so, eventually it repeats. Corran runs it through the computer and he breaks it down. Starting at the Whump and counting the thumps between pauses, he gets a series of numbers, which could be a geodetic coordinate. If interpreted that way, it seems to be forested area, north of a large water mass, east of a large grassy plain, and south/west of a mountain range.

Can't tell from orbit if there is anything there.

8. - Top - End - #398

Corran Give the coordinates to Kera and say, Captain if i May say with the imps in orbit that we instead of heading directly to those coordinate we instead head to the closet star-port so as we don't raise any undo attention.

Character links

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"On it." Kera just heads for the planet, going towards one of the commercial docking areas. When they get relatively close to the ground, and have probably been lost amid the local traffic, she turns and heads for the given coordinates.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Having watched 15 ships move in to land, Kera follows the crowd to the Capital city of Iziz. After dodging in and out of traffic for a while she heads for the coordinates provided. While flying over the a massive area of swamp, with occasional stands of trees, three aircars/gunships suddenly appear and without warning, begin shooting. The destination coordinates are still over 1000 km away.

The blaster cannon on the vessels fire, leaving streaks of red in the sky. One shot misses, zooming past the bridge windows. One shot hits aft, starboard side. Another impact portside, in the front by the hyperdrive. The damage and energy discharge rocks the ship.

Flick calls out from the galley, "Ah! Hot hot!", as there is the sound of a cup shattering.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Corran, you fire the port weapon and power up the shields. I've got starboard." Kera proceeds to turn the ship around as quickly as she can, without regard for how smooth it may or may not be. Combining this with reducing speed, she also fires the starboard gun at one of the ships.

Spoiler
    Show
    Reduce to from Ramming speed to Attack speed.
    Quickturn the ship 135 as a stunt, but fail spectacularly.
    Declare the use of Starship Dodge on whichever one we're not shooting at.
    Use one move action to turn the ship around normally.
    Fire starboard gun at nearest target: 1d20 = 4. I didn't know the modifiers, so I just went with 1d20. I missed. I'm certain of it.

12. - Top - End - #402

Raising shield Captain, Corran then activate the weapons and fire when he has a shot.

Computer Use (shields) (1d20+10)[12]

Atk (1d20+3)[14] (I screwed up my Ranged modifier is +4 not 3 final result should be 15)

((I don't Know what damage the ships guns can do, Could you please post there damage dice))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-10-19 at 09:02 AM.

Character links

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera tries to whip the ship around, but has trouble dealing with all the air in the atmosphere and doesn't quite get the ship all the way around. Kera clicks off a pulse of the ion cannon, but misses the enemy vessel. Corran turns on the shields, restoring the shields to 2% of maximum. He then fires the Triple Blaster at the vehicle dead ahead. His shot clips the vessel knock off some small parts and causing a bit of smoke. The vessel looks a long ways from out of the fight.

The one vessel, heads straight towards The Angry Mule firing away, collapsing the fragile shields and shaking the ship with blaster impacts. The southern vessel swerves to follow behind the ship, also firing, but failing to hit. The rear vessel turns, heading straight towards The Mule, firing as she goes. Her aim is true and the blaster cannon energy rips through the ship(causing additional hull damage).

MAP

Key :
    Spoiler
    Show

M= Mule
    A, B, C = air cars

# indicates direction of travel... 1 = north, 2 = northeast, 3=east, etc.

Last round all ships traveled at speed 6(attack speed)

14. - Top - End - #404

NATE get your metal shebs <backside> up here and take over running the shields and sensor. Calls out Corran in the mean time Corran tries to reestablish the shield and fire again.

Computer Use (shields) (1d20+10)[28]

Atk (1d20)[2] (+4 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 size)
    Dmg (Triple Blaster) (3d10)[20]

((Well that attack just sucked))
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-10-22 at 11:51 PM.

Character links

15. - Top - End - #405

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine curses from below and makes his way to the bridge as the first blast rings through the airframe. He drops himself into a seat and shakes his head. "You shoot, I have shields," he says as his fingers start flying over the console.

Spoiler
    Show

Computer Use: Computer Use: 1D20+14 = [1]+14 = -4

Yea, glad I joined in the battle. >.<
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Nate on sensors," Kera agrees. "C'mere, you little ^&$%." Freed up from firing guns now, Kera focuses on setting up shots for Corran.

Spoiler
    Show
    Right, so gonna make with the fancy flying thing. Maneuvering the Mule to set up Corran for shooting as possible. Pilot checks are at +10 (only 4 more days in the stupid splint!), please roll as needed.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Nate responds to the conflicting requests via commlink from somewhere in the bowels of the ship, [Shall I come up there now or would you like me to find some shebs first?]

Daine powers off the shield generator... probably figuring it just needed to be rebooted. With a sigh, Corran powers it back on, getting a good shield charge (35%) out of it. Corran and Kera fire the two forward weapons(still leaving the rear weapons unmanned). Corran's Triple Blaster shot is wide to port, while Kera's Ion Cannon shot hits. While the shot resulted in only superficial ionization, it does short out the ship's drive, weapons, and computer systems causing the gunship to drop out of the sky suddenly as the pilot frantically works to stabilize the systems.

Having flown past the target, and avoiding crashing into the suddenly stopped ship, Kera, executes a quick turn to bring the ship back around towards the other attackers. The air cars spin around to follow and engage The Angry Mule firing as they go. The shots miss, wizzing past the bridge as the air cars zoom past.

Initiative :
    Spoiler
    Show

6 - Mule
    5 - A
    4 - B
    2 - C (ionized... 1 more round till impact)

MAP
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-10-24 at 09:33 AM.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

The effort required to restrain an eyeroll would be more if she wasn't busy. "Nate, get on the sensors, now." Of course Corran could only fire one of the guns at a time. Why didn't she think of that? She could only fire one of the guns at a time, too. She just keeps the ship in the midst of these annoying little bugs, fully intending to squish them all. At least there's a control for the guns at hand so she can pitch in with that.

19. - Top - End - #409

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Bah, who needs life support?" Daine says out loud as his fingers fly over the console, enagaging relays and rerouting power

Spoiler
    Show

1) Disabling Life support
    Repair Check(DC 15): 20
    2) Routing power to Shields:
    Repair Check(DC 10): 31
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

20. - Top - End - #410

Corran aims again at the closet of the ships and fires.

((If I'm alowed to use the full-round action to fire twice i will.))

Atk (1d20)[20] (+4 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 size)
    Dmg (Triple Blaster) (3d10)[15]

Atk (1d20)[9] (+4 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 size)
    Dmg (Triple Blaster) (3d10)[13]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-10-24 at 06:26 PM.

Character links

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine turns off the nice cool refreshing life support and dumps the power to the shields(increasing the current/max rating by 10), which brings the shields up to 48%. Seeing where the enemy is, Kera comes up with a plan. She drops to cruising speed and Kera tries the ole quick turn trick, but is confused by all this air again and comes up short. The now slow ship, turns like a battle cruiser, but she manages to get the nose around enough for her and Corran to start shooting.

Corran hits the same air car as he got last time causing it to smoke even further and starts to lean to the left. The ionized air car crashes into the ground in a fiery explosion. The tilted car, manages to slow spin around for another pass but doesn't shoot. The third car twists around firing at the Mule and hitting. It weak blaster cannon is no match for the Angry Mule's shields which fully absorb the impact without even a loss.. still at 48%

Following orders, Nate begins slowing clanking his way up the ladder to the bridge. He rolls over to an open console and gets to work. He lets Kera know where they are(granting the ship a +2 AC bonus next round).

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Idiots. They think we'd just be easy pickings?"
    Kera turns the ship as needed so the guns can be fired again at the two remaining cars. "You know, if I was these guys, I would be bugging out about now."

Spoiler
    Show
    Pilot check, if needed to keep the ship such that both guns can fire at the cloud cars: 20
    Attack roll, +3Dex, +3BAB, -2Arm: 6

23. - Top - End - #413

Corran aims again at the closet of the cloud cars and fires.

Atk (1d20)[17] (+4 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 size) (+2 AC)
    Dmg (Triple Blaster) (3d10)[14]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-10-25 at 07:24 AM.

Character links

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine works to bring the shields to full power. His efforts bring the shields up to 86%
    CompUse - (1d20+14)[29]

Kera leaves the ship moving slow and rolls around to bring her guns to bear upon the undamaged aircraft. She fires, missing, but Corran fires and hits, but causes really minimal damage.

The two aircars, swerve about firing at The Angry Mule. One shot isn't even close, but the second would have hit, had Nate not provided warning to Kera about the ship's effort to put the Mule in its sights. Nate also warns of a ground speeder approaching at high speed.

Battle Map
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-10-26 at 02:58 PM.

25. - Top - End - #415

Corran aims again at the closet of the cloud cars and fires.

Atk (1d20)[8] (+4 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 size)
    Dmg (Triple Blaster) (3d10)[21]

Character links

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Yeah, you can run," Kera snarls. She turns the ship as quickly as she can and aims it straight at the cloud cars, firing again as soon as she has a shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maintain current speed
    Pilot check for a quick turn: 30
    Attack roll for a shot, if possible (BAB+Dex-Arm): 9

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera spins the ship around and then she and Corran start to shoot at the air cars. Kera's shot deflects off of a small armor plate on the rear of the air car, while Corran's shot rips into the side of the car.

Daine continues to charge the shields. CompUse - (1d20+14)[29] He has now brought them up to 100%.

The air cars turn around and begin shooting at The Angry Mule. The first hits, dropping the shields by 4%, to 96%. The second also hits, but the impact is absorbed by the shield without degradation.

Nate, on the sensors, reports, "The landspeeder has fired some sort of missile... it should impact in about 6 seconds..... 5... 4..." {{Missile is on the map as "D".. like Death. }}

Updated Map
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-10-26 at 04:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418

Well there not making it easy are they, says Corran a he again sets his aim on the closet of the cloud cars and fires.

Atk (1d20)[1] (+4 BAB, +3 Dex, +1 size)
    Dmg (Triple Blaster) (3d10)[13]

Character links

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

A hissed stream of swearwords begins to emit from Kera's mouth. She pauses long enough to say, "Daine, if you can, hit one of the rear guns." She lets the ship continue on its current course, putting on some speed again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Increase to Attack speed
    Fly straight
    Shoot at a cloud car (Dex+BAB-Arm): 10

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera, sensing the incoming missile, hits the gas. The ship triples its speed and heads north. Both she and Corran fire at the air cars as the ship zooms past. Daine, dubious of the value he'll be in the gunner's seat, decides to wait a moment or two instead of running off to execute the captain's orders.

{{ Corran can switch the weapon he is controlling to the rear guns as a free action }}

The two air cars spin around and come in behind The Angry Mule firing as they go. One hits with enough force to drop the shields down to 88%. The other misses, but provides a visually stunning display for those casually watching out the window.

The incoming missile streaks towards the fleeing mule. Sadly, Kera isn't able to outrun the missile and it closes. Nate directs sensor data to the captain allowing her to dodge the missile(would have hit if not for Nate's +2 Defense).

Of course, the missile doesn't explode, it just passes by, ready to turn back around and come by for another pass.