New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC) Act 2

Kera

"Sorry 'bout that." Kera does her best to put on a bright smile, though the wattage of it is actually rather dim. "Internal dispute, none of your concern. We appreciate being able to do business with you folks." She does whatever she can to facilitate the transaction, assuming they've actually got the money.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

The man looks totally confused at the exchange. The woman returns with the credits and hands them to the man. He says, "Ayit. Lesse dat peeder. K?"

The speeder is tucked away in the back of the cargobay behind the remaining 30 cubic meters of salt cubes.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Corran see that he's going to have to move the salt so he goes over to his things and activates his DUM Series pit droid "Shorty", Corran says OK Shorty time to wake up we got work to do, help me move this salt so we can push that speeder off the ship with the help of his droid Corran is able to move the salt aside and push the speeder out and down the ramp.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-05-25 at 11:45 AM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ranch

While Corran and the droid labor to extract the speeder, Kera and Daine make googley eyes at each other and mentally undress each other. The cubes are quite heavy and the little droid has lots of trouble. Lucky, Corran notices a pair of hover-lifters hanging on the wall.

Taking one down, he finds the work much easier. It still takes neary half an hour to get the cube out of the way enough that the speeder and be lifted over and around the remaining cubes and out of the cargo hold. The speeder is out and Corran is left with another 5 minute of putting the cubes back into position so they can be secured for flight.

The man says, "Yit, dat peeder luk fine." He tosses over the credits and climbs into the speeder with a wide grin and yells, "Mon, mah, les go fura ride."

The Bar

Flick finishes his cheese and is still waiting for the merchant woman to return. The Cerean bartender stops by and asks, "Care for another? Maybe something different? A Ma-Garitah? I've just received some Carolinian salt for the rim..." The bartender smiles attempting to talk you into the beverage.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Not the type to stand around and let others do all the work, Kera helps Corran get the speeder out and put the salt back once that's done. She catches the credits and flips the man a sort of half-assed salute. "Pleasure doin' business with you. Enjoy."

She brushes past Corran, annoyed that she had to say all that in front of those people much more than she's annoyed about having to say it in the first place. People make mistakes. It happens. Best to screw up when lives aren't on the line, so you know better when they are. She hops up the steps and slides into her seat again, waiting just until the cargo bay door is shut to lift the ship off.

"I do believe," she says to no one in particular, "that we are in need of some drinks. And lo, we have 600 shiny new credits to blow on them." The ship is quickly on its way back to the landing pad they used before.

6. - Top - End - #96

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine rolls his eyes and moves to help get the speeder out. The sooner they were out of here the better. He follows Kera up to the bridge, dropping into the seat behind her and pulling the straps over his shoulder. "Sounds like a plan to me," he says, shaking his head. Nothing was ever simple, but at least things were interesting.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera lifts off and flys away from ranch, leaving the exciting life of Bantha herding behind. Heading back to the city, the crew witnesses two ship take off and fly out into orbit and another one swoop in to land, dropping into the large sinkhole that is the city.

Cresting the ridge, Kera drops The Angry Mule into the sinkhole, which seems largely the same as before. A couple dozen cloud cars are parked on private platforms scattered along the walls. Towards the bottom, there are 6 large landing platforms for starships. Two of the platforms already have starships parked. On those platforms numerous droids can be seen hustling around connecting hoses and such as well as loading and unloading cargo.

Kera sets the ship down on the same platform as before. Several small humanoids, each less than a meter tall, almost like dogs which walk upright, but with rounder snouts rush over to begin refueling and any other services the captain selects. One of them activates the same docking service console as before, which rises up out of the decking. The console is pretty standard and allows the captain to pay for the docking as well as other standard services(fuel, water, sanitation, etc).

{{ Docking fee is 5 credits, plus 5 from last time which I didn't explicitly mention. Fuel was 75 credits. }}

When Kera registers the ship and pays the fee, she is notified that a message was left for her.

Show

Captain. It is Kaff. It seems I got lured away from the ship by a fake call. Looks like you left without me. I'll try to catch up on Rutan. I've booked transport towards The Core, I should be able to catch a freighter back out to our territory from there.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-05-27 at 05:30 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

After landing, paying the fee, and retrieving the message, Kera rolls her eyes. "Figures." Kera picks up her comlink, hoping Kaff has his turned on and that he hasn't actually left yet.

To Kaff: "Kaff, if you can hear this, respond. It's Kera, and I'm gonna so kick your ass for thinking we'd just bail on you completely."

9. - Top - End - #99

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine follows Kera out and watches over the humanoids hooking up the ship with a keen eye. He glances over his shoulder towards Kera as she sends the message to Kaff. "Would love to know what happened to him, or what call he received," he says with a slight shrug before looking back at the workers.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Sadly, after a minute or so of listening, Kaff does not reply.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Giving an annoyed sigh, Kera shrugs and puts the comlink back in her pocket. She brings along her blaster pistol, holstered on her hip, and checks with Trill. "We're going to a bar, Trill. Do you want to come with us, or would you rather wait with the ship? We'll do shopping after the alcohol wears off."

Whichever way Trill answers, Kera waits for all who are going ashore to be ashore before locking up the ship and starting for the cantina they can theoretically meet up with that trader guy at.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill smiles and nods. He grabs a cloak off a hook outside the galley and says, "I am prepared. Maybe we should lock out the main computer if we are leaving Nate here alone."

In either case, Trill heads down to the cargo bay and prepares to head out to the bar.

13. - Top - End - #103

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Yea, that probably would be smart for now," he says as he moves to a console and starts working. After he finishes he stops by his and Kera's quarters, returning with a long jacket and his blaster set on his hip, hidden under it. "Let's go have a drink," he says, grinning towards Kera as he follows her out. "We'll be back, hopefully with a plan on where to go next," he calls up to Nate as they head out.

Spoiler
    Show

Computer Use: 1D20+14 = [17]+14 = 31

14. - Top - End - #104

Corran for the most part stayed in the ships lounge on the trip back to the dock, when ever one was ready to go to the bar, he gets up and puts his rifle with his things and shut down "Shorty", Corran takes only the Blaster pistol at his hip with him, Corran Then joins the others and heads to the bar.

Character links

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

The crew locks up and heads out into the city. Again the local kids swarm in, but having learned his lesson, Corran gives them a stern look and they back off leaving the crew in peace to explore the city. Soon enough they find the bar the merchant made reference to.

Hole in the Wall

The bar seems aptly named as it literally seems to be a natural cave which extends off the main hallway. With a long bar along the left side and a few small tables scattered around stalactites and stalagmites. Few of the locals seem to favor this particular location. A Pa'lowick man and his two mates sit at a table in the back corner. Two human Imperial officers sit the table nearest to the entrance. The only one at the bar is a Lepi in an armored spacesuit, armed with at least 3 blaster pistols.

Seated at the bar, near the middle, is that same merchant nursing a nearly empty glass of red liquid and an empty plate.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Ha, a hole in the wall. Funny." Kera grins, pleased that there is something to find humor in, even if it's a little lame. "There's got to be a standard maneuver for this sort of thing. You guys flank him, I'll come up from behind. We can have him off guard in no time."

17. - Top - End - #107

Shrugging his shoulders Corran replies, Sure Captain what ever you want.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-06-01 at 06:57 PM.

Character links

18. - Top - End - #108

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Aye," Daine says, raises an eyebrow slightly towards Corran, then shrugs slightly as he strides into the bar, taking a slightly wider path away from the merchant at first, then circling back. He gives an respectful nod towards the imperials sitting in the bar as he passes. He glances towards Kera and Corran, timing his approach with theirs.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Striding up to the bar, Kera stops behind Flick. She waits until Corran and Daine are close at hand before speaking up. "Fancy meeting you here." She has a cocky sort of stance, one that projects confidence and a little bravado. Her flight suit is zipped up to about her waist, with her arms in the sleeves of it, and she has a white tank top on under it. There is a blaster pistol holstered at her hip.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

[[ DM autopilot of Flick until he gets his internet straightened out or I decide to drop him. ]]

Flick

Flick isn't the least bit surprised. The merchant is well trained in active listening and attention to detail. Of course, with that big mirror behind the bar, it was all too easy.

The merchant spins in his stool and smiles at the captain, his eyes taking a moment or two to take in her stance, her pistol, her unzipped flight suit, her tank top, etc. He smiles and says, "Quite Fancy." He tilts his head and with a sweeping gesture motions to the adjacent barstool. His gesture spins him back around as he says, "I'm sure our Cerean host can mix you up something perfectly suited to you. Maybe something with... salt?"
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-06-03 at 05:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Corran takes a seat near by and orders, I'll have a ne'tra gal , in a cold mug, Please.

((ne'tra gal -- NAY-trah gahl -- "black ale - sweet, almost spicy black beer similar to milk stout"))

Character links

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

The Cerean steps up with a smile which quickly disappears as he says, "The cold mug I can accommodate. I'm saddened to say that I have not heard of a drink named, "ne'tra gal", perhaps if you told me how to make it."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-06-04 at 06:08 AM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Chuckling at the joke, Kera nods to the Cerean. "Whatever kind of cheap beer or beer-like drink you got is fine for me." She stays standing, but takes a step or two closer to Daine. After all, this excursion is supposed to be fun.

"So, you just offer ways to contact buyers for fun, or are you looking for a way off of this rock?"

24. - Top - End - #114

Sorry i Forget that the Most of the Galaxy doesn't speak Mando'a, ne'tra gal means Black ale.

Character links

25. - Top - End - #115

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles and sits down on a stool two down from Flick. "Same for me, I'm a cheap date," he says with a slight grin as he glances towards Kera. "Nice place," he adds, glancing around the bar.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Flick leans his chair back and tilts his head so he can make eye contact with Kera.
    "Well I am a friendly guy, but you are correct in assume I want passage off this rotting rock. This place reminds me of worm eaten food with all it's caverns and tunnels. Gives me the creeps."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera drops the credits to pay for drinks for the three of them on the bar, however much it turns out to be. "Kera," she points to herself, "Daine," she indicates him, "Corran," she then indicates Corran. "Nice to meet you." She offers a hand to shake with Flick.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

While the team talks, the Cerean bartender selects an under rated but flavorful Black Ale for Corran and Daine. Daine takes a moment or two to admire some stalactites... or are those stalagmites?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

While everyone shakes hands and exchanges pleasantries, the Cerean ponders Kera's request for a cheap beer or beer-like drink. Given her apparent status, youthfulness, and health, he selects a mug of amber liquid with white foam on top. At the bottom of the mug seems to flecks of red glitter which sparkle in the light.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera picks up the mug and regards it briefly, then takes a hearty swig. "Good stuff," she nods to the bartender. Then she turns back to Flick. "So, what're you actually offering in exchange for passage, where do you want to go, and when do you want to leave? Or get there, whichever actually matters."