New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC) Act 2

Daine

Daine listens to the conversation, glancing between Kera and Flick a few times as they speak. He turns sideways on the bar stool laying his hand on Kera's hip and guiding her closer as he listens for a few moments more before his eyes start glancing around the bar. He glances up towards the ceiling, noting the stalactites hanging tightly to the ceiling while below them saw the stalacmites sitting mightily as part of the cavern floor. Quickly he grows bored with the geology and glances behind the bar towards the appliances and the like, curious what they would use on such a warm dry world.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-06-08 at 07:39 PM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick

Well Kera, Daine and Corran. Let's just say that I ran into some bad luck on this planet. So old mistakes caught up with me here and have left me stranded. I'm a merchant and everyone knows that for me to make any real money you have to move things between the systems. Flick stops to take a drink and wipe his brow. Lowering his voice he continues Now I heard you had an excess of salt. I happen to know a trader who specializes in salt trade. I haven't run into him in a few years and he lives in a system close to the core. But it might be worth your while if you had enough salt.
    Flick stops to gauge his audience's reception to what he's said so far. Taking a sip of his drink.
    As for what I'd want in exchange for setting up the deal is simple. I don't have a ship. You do. I've got experience in trading so I could arrange that end of your business. Finding the best deal has been my life for awhile. So what do you think is there space on your ship for me.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera leans against Daine, more or less perching on his leg. "I see." She looks Flick over now, giving him a little more visual scrutiny than she did before. In order to cover her thoughts on the subject of how to decide if she is willing to let someone else (this specific someone else, anyway) on the ship as crew, she takes another swig of her drink and savors it a little.

"You know how to do anything on a ship? Like shoot the guns or run shields or sensors?" It didn't really matter which he knew how to do, since the rest of them could clearly cover everything; they just didn't have enough eyes and hands to do it all at once. But if he couldn't do anything but talk...well, that would just be a wasted space where a useful crew member could be instead.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Flick eyes up Kera and her crew. He takes a short sip of his drink to sort out his thoughts. Debating whether he should be up front and honest about his areas of expertise and areas of inexperience or bluff his way on a ship. He puts his glass down and sighs.
    Well if your asking if I'm highly qualified at those tasks the answers is no. I'm a quick study and know very basic computer use on a starship. Flick pauses for a second to stress what comes next. But you must realize that not every danger can be blocked by a ship's shields and not every problem can be blasted to pieces. And it's when your ship is in those situations that I would be most useful.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera nods. It sounds like honesty, or maybe humility or something. Sorting out the difference isn't really her forte. He sounds reasonable, too. And she did have to admit to herself that they hadn't been shot at that many times. They had needed to talk their way into or out of things a few times, and Evayn had been the one to do that.

"You got a point." She takes another drink from her mug. How can you tell if someone is an honest guy who just needs a job, or an axe murderer who's looking for a chance to get some people in hyperspace? She doesn't know the answer to that question, but he doesn't really look dangerous. And she could probably take him in a fight, even with her arm in a splint.

"Okay." Her tone says that she's made a decision. "We're here to enjoy some local flavor for the moment, but when we go back to the ship, you should come with us. You got stuff in a room someplace, I expect?"
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-06-10 at 07:30 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Flick looks down into his glass sadly.
    Sadly I don't have much I do have a few kilos of fuel which you might find handy. But most of my equipment has been traded for food lately
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually most his gear has been confiscated by the Hutts.
    Bluff (1d20+10)[27]

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Nodding, Kera actually feels a little bit of sympathy for the guy. Must've been tough to be stuck here like that, then have to ditch everything just to eat. Daine would rather starve to death than sell off his tools. "Well, on the bright side, it won't take long to get your stuff to the ship, then. And, as a plus, we have a great cook. Speaking of, we need to buy some food and other things before we leave. How about you join us for that foray and show off how good you are?"

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Relieved that he might find passage off the planet and eager to prove his worth replies excitedly
    Yes sure. I know a couple spots where I bought food at a good deal. Were you thinking of leaving after these drinks?

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

When the conversation turns to drinks the Cerean bartender wanders slightly closer hopeful the team will decide to stay and get sloshed before shopping.

At about that time, the two Imperial officers, which had been seated near the door stand up and leave.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Much as I would enjoy sitting around and getting sloshed, we probably shouldn't sit around for too long here."
    She nods to the bartender. "Give us another round. Him, too." With a grin, she indicates Flick as the one who should be included, then knocks back the rest of what's in her mug. "That doesn't mean we have to rush right out, though. Care to regale us with the tale of how you came to be stuck on this...lovely planet?"

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

The Cerean happily provides another round of drinks. Once done he brings a another shot to the Lepi and a tray full of colorful drinks to the Pa'lowick and his companions.

Outside the bar, the flow of people passing by suddenly includes 4 stormtroopers. They stop across the hallway directly in front of the bar. The talk to each other in hushed tones occasionally glancing into the bar.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

12. - Top - End - #132

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine raises a brow slightly and gently taps Kara on the hip. Nodding his head just slightly towards the front of the bar he says, "Well, our shopping might have a slight hiccup," he says quietly. "Depending on what's about to happen of course."
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

13. - Top - End - #133

Corran for the most part keeps quiet and Drinks his Ale, once he spots the imperial trooper he gets a sinking feeling in his gut he begins to scan the area with his eye for any other dangers, as slowly and silently as he can, Corran reachs for the blaster at his hip.

Spot (1d20+4)[7]
    Move Silently (1d20+5)[25]
    Sleight of Hand (1d20+3)[19]
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Relax. We aren't the only people in here. No reason to get excited yet. If you act suspicious, They'll notice." Kera pays for the drinks, keeping her cool. She knows where her blaster is, and pulling it out isn't going to change that. "Act natural, pretend like we haven't ever done anything that could even be construed as remotely illegal."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Maybe later you can fill me in as to why you might be attracting some Imperial attention. At that point I'll share the manner of how one can get stranded on this planet.
    Flick quickly looks around the scene to gather information from peoples body language to see if any of the other patrons are reacting nervously right now.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive(1d20+4)[20]

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

As the team eyes the stormtrooper, the Lepi accidentally knocks his glass to the floor. It shatters and broken glass scatters all over the floor into the hallway. The motion distracts the stormtroopers long enough for the Lepi to leap to his feet and draw a pair of weapons. He fires at the troopers as he bounds away down the hallway to the left. The troopers begin to return fire and start to shuffle off in that direction after the man.

The Cerean bar tender calls out, "Stop! You owe me 8 credits! Stop that Lepi!" The Cerean sighs, shrugs, and grabs a rag and broom to clean up the mess.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"See? No worries, guys." Kera takes another drink from her mug and grins. "You act casual, they ignore you. We haven't done anything even close to bad enough here to get local Impies riled up." She leans back, across Daine, and puts one arm around his neck. "You guys think we should see about getting some other work here, or would you rather just vacate A-sap? We've got something to move and someplace to take it, so we could just go."

18. - Top - End - #138

Corran relaxes some but his hand hovers over his blaster, I don't care if we did anything or not to warrant imperial attention, I hate those fracking Meat Cans, they killed to many of my friends during the war, the only good Meat Can is a dead Meat Can. Corran takes a sip of his Ale, he than shrugs, well as for work it can't hurt, but its up to you.

Character links

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Nodding at Corran, Kera slips her gaze back to Flick. "So, what system is this friend of yours in? If we're going to look for work, we should try for something nearby." Her eyes drift so she's looking at nothing in particular and she thinks a little out loud. "That salt takes up a lot of space, so we're looking for something relatively small to move. I'm not especially keen on taking passengers again, but if that's what we find," she sighs lightly, "then that's what we find."

20. - Top - End - #140

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine perks a brow at Corran a moment and nods. "So long as they leave us alone, I'm fine leaving them alone," he says as he takes a drink. "Cargo is so much easier, and even easier if there's no passengers to go along with it," he says, shaking his head. "No bounty hunters would be nice for once."

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

{{ Sorry.. its been a week since he was online... so... }}

Flick

Flick, cautious after his last experience, listens to the crew attempting to determine just who he is getting involved with ponders the situation before taking a large gulp from his glass and offering, "My contact is in the Duro System. If you've got space, I can probably help you pick out some locally produced goods that should bring a fair price there. Your best bet would be to restock with salt.. if that was nearby."

As Flick talks, the group of Stormtroopers hauls the Lepi back past the bar in manacles. Two of the stormtroopers have black marks on their nice white suits of armor, but seem uninjured. The bartender calls out at them as they pass, "He ran off without paying! Did you recover my credits?" One of the stormtroopers simple snaps the Lepi's credit stick off his belt and tosses it to the bartender without stopping.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera shakes her head just a little. "No, we're not going back there for more salt. It would be out of the way. We'll just have to see what we can scare up here. Duros is...near...crap, I'd have to check a chart. Too many frigging systems to keep track of which is which and where. Anyway, we have shopping to do. We can check for jobs while we're out."

Kera applies herself to her drink, chugging it down relatively quickly, then thumps her mug back onto the bar. "Whenever you guys are ready."

23. - Top - End - #143

Corran sips his ale listening to Flick and Kara talk but at the mention of the Duro system, Corran remembers his mother telling him some of the systems near her home system of Corellia, Finally Corran says, Captain i think i can help narrow down the search some, i recall my mother mentioning the Duro's system was near her home world of Corellia. Corran then finishes up his Ale, ready when you are captain.

Character links

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

The bartender collects his payment from the recovered credstick. He then moves down to the team and collects up the empty glasses from the group. With a smile he says, "As the Stormtroopers hauled that Lepi past, I heard him offer to pay for your round of drinks." The bartender nods slightly but his long Cerean head exaggerates the movement. Sensing the team is about to leave, the Bartender says, "Enjoy your day. You are always welcome at The Cave."

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Grinning, Kera nods to the bartender. "Thanks. I don't suppose you know of any good places to buy maintenance parts for a starship?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

The Cerean thinks for a moment while cleaning one of the glasses and says, "Good... If you just want a convenient place to stop, you could try Lubs Place. I hear he has a good supply of the parts most likely to fail on the most popular ships. If you want a bargain.. and have some time, there is a junk dealer about 45km south of here. He has a large selection of junk ships. You can dig through and get exactly what you want... cheap."

The Cerean turns and absentmindedly watches the people walking by as his hands seem to take care of the dishes on their own.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Well what do you think Boss. Would you rather go to Lubs Place or try our luck at the junkyard? Flick pauses for a second scratches behind his ear and continues In my humble opinion it might be better to try out the junkyard first and see what we can get for a deal there. Anything else we need we can try to get at Lubs Place.
    Flick drains the rest of his drink waiting for Kera's answer.

28. - Top - End - #148

I'm in agreement with Flick that the junkyard sound like are best bet, and besides it'll give me and Daine plenty of useful stuff to look for, like say a nav computer.

Character links

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Giving Daine a light nudge in the ribs, Kera nods. "Junkyard sounds good to me. Foraging in mounds of discarded parts and junk ships, armed with tools..." After a mildly suggestive look thrown at Daine, she stands up. "Thank you, sir, much obliged," she tells the barkeep. "Nav computer is pretty low on our priority list, and we don't have unlimited funds. If there's a super cheap one, we can probably pick it up. We do have a few other things to pick up while we're out, though, so let's take care of that. The most notable thing is food. I have a list from Trill on the datapad, so we can just grab all that stuff on the way back to the ship. Trill," Kera looks at Flick to explain, "is our ship's cook."

With this, she is ready to go.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-06-26 at 06:16 AM.

30. - Top - End - #150

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly and nods. "Need a few things for that turret anyways," he says with a nod. "Sounds good for me. People throw away perfectly good junk every day," he adds with a grin. "And working hard to salvage it sounds like a fun afternoon, captain," he adds glancing towards Kera.