New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC) Act 2

As the team decides to leave, the Cerean grabs up the empty glasses and nods as everyone departs. Trill's shopping list is quite short and is mostly staples to keep the galley running smooth. It only takes a few minutes and 20 credits to fulfill each item on the list and move on.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Okay, then. That was easy enough. Back to the boat. Flick, we should stop wherever you've got your things - however few they may be - on the way." Kera, carrying just one small bag, lets Flick direct them on the way to wherever he has his stuff stashed. She make sure to keep her bag in such a way that she can still pull and use her blaster, and also makes sure the bags are distributed in such a fashion that everyone else can theoretically do the same. No point walking around armed if your hands are full.

When they get back to the ship, she uses the datapad to unseal the hatch. "Welcome to The Angry Mule." She doesn't pause there, saying it as she walks up the ramp into the cargo bay. "Trill," she calls into the ship, "we got the food, and we're lifting off in a few."

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

By the time the cargo bay doors are fully open, Trill is there to help carry the groceries up to the galley. He stops and looks at Flick for a moment and then asks Captain Kera, "We will be having a guest for dinner? Shall I prepare something special?"

As they walk back up Trill says to Daine, "Nate's been getting into your tools again and playing making strange noises."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Trill," she gestures to the cook, "Flick." She then gestures to Flick. "He will be joining us on the crew, and we don't need a special meal or anything." She turns to Flick as she hands off her bag. "There are four available crew cabins right now. The middle one on the upper level and all three on the lower. Take your pick. Bridge level is two floors up, engines are on upper level. There's a nice little map someplace we can dig up for you, but best to just have a look around. Don't touch anything unless you know what it does and are pretty sure you won't break it. We've got an astromech we call Nate. It's a little...uh...well, you'll see."

She starts bouncing up the stairs. "Lifting off shortly. Strap in and hold on."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Corran starts after Kara for the bridge, over his shoulder he say, I do sagest you strap in, are captain is one that follow the old saying, why walk when you can run real fast.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-06-28 at 05:02 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Thank you. I think I'll take the middle room on the bottom floor. The one closest to the cargo bay. If someone could provide me with a list of parts that we need to purchase I'm sure I'd be more helpful at the junk yard. Flick heads to his cabin to put his little supplies away before turning and asking back in the direction of the crew. Where would you like me to store this small supply of fuel I have?

7. - Top - End - #157

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Cargo bay is fine, Preferably somewhere its not going to explode," Daine says as he frowns. "Going to check on Nate," he says as he starts climbing the stairs to head to the engineering alcove. He moves as quickly as he can, eying Kera as she makes her way to the bridge.

As he makes it to the engineering alcove he calls out. "So, what have you been up to, our little astromech?" he asks loud enough to be heard.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

8. - Top - End - #158

Once on the Bridge, Corran Sits at the Engineering console and go thought the pre-flight check list.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-07-01 at 11:30 AM.

Character links

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Dropping down into her seat, Kera only goes through the routine pre-flight stuff in a half-assed sort of way. As long as there aren't any warning lights, that's good enough for a short hop like this. She opts for a straight-line, point A to point B, no frills ride, landing as close to the junkyard as possible without being in it. And goes probably faster than she should, given that she's still got a little bit of a buzz from the drinks. A cheap date she certainly is, and the ship veers a little bit until she makes an abrupt course correction to get back on track.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Flick stores his personal items in his room and goes to place the fuel in the cargo bay containers. As he lifts the fuel he has to readjust his footing to avoid falling as Kera makes a quick course correction.
    Great our pilot is a hotshot. Flick thinks to himself. What a way to avoid notice

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine finds the astromech droid working on himself back in the engineering compartment. He's got his holo-recorder disassembled and seems to trying to realign the recording crystal matrix. The droid answers Daine's question, "1.03 meters", and continues to work.

Flick secures his fuel container in the cargo area using the restraining straps and hooks available.

Kera takes off flying nearly straight up until she clears the rim, then she guns it along the surface accelerating smoothly till the ship begins to vibrate from the atmospheric resistance. Not knowing exactly where this place is, she gains a bit of altitude so she has a chance of spotting it. That also as the effect of smoothing out the ride a bit.

After 3-4 minutes she spots what looks like a huge jagged capital ship sitting in a shallow depression. Heading in that direction, she finds that the 'ship' is actually a huge expanse of parts and nearly disassembled ships. Towards the center is an open area about 5 times as big as The Angry Mule. Towards west edge of clearing is a 'building' with a small line of smoke rising from it.

Upon approaching the junk piles a trio of landing beacons activate around the clearing beckoning the ship to land.
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-07-02 at 04:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Landing where she's supposed to with only a slight wobble to the drop, Kera starts giggling a little bit. "Okay, okay, okay, okay. This is not funny." And yet, she keeps giggling. "Right. Datapad. Has parts list. Hunting. Getting this taken care of." She smothers the giggles as best as she can and heads down the stairs. "Hey Daine," she calls out, then falls into serious giggles at the foot of the stairs on the upper level.

13. - Top - End - #163

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly at Nate. "Your sense of humor is returning I see," he says as he walk in and looks over the droid's work. "How are you doing overall? We haven't spent much time working on you of later, other than what you've done yourself, something we really should do some more of."

He waits a moment for Nate to respond, but turns as Kera calls, hearing her breaking out in giggles. He chuckles softly, patting the droid on the dome a couple times before turning and walking out. "Yes Capt'n?" he asks, a grin on his face as he checks his toolkit.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

She offers up the datapad to Daine and does what she can to stifle the giggles. "This everything *giggle* we need? Is *giggle* any of this stuff *giggle* unnecessary? I think I *giggle* need something to eat."

The list:
    Parts for installation of new weapon
    Supplies/parts to clean/overhaul weapons
    Maintenance supplies/parts for hyperdrive
    Parts for general repairs to one of the crew cabins
    Supplies/parts for bridge console maintenance
    Paint for touch-ups

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

While everyone gets ready to head out into the vast scrap pile, Trill finishes putting away the results of the shopping trip. Daine, no doubt, spots quite a few missing items from the drunken captain's list...

wiring assemblies
    hydraulics for the landing gear
    replacement hull plates/reinforced plates for the front of the ship.
    bigger bed
    computer interface modules
    upgrade parts for updating the hyperdrive
    upgrade parts for updating the ion drives
    parts for main-power
    nav-computer

When the ship opens its hatch to disembark, the crew finds a short Bith man with his large head and milky white skin and large black eyes. Beside him are 2 mismatched battle droids armed with light repeating blasters, aimed at the crew. The Bith say, "Ted jar'n core tis'nat. Fahai i'heel jar'n gre ickont eega grin." He gestures to the scrap piles, smiles and holds out his hand palm up.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

The task of entering additional items into the list is good for focusing Kera's attention, and she picks up a cup of water int he middle of it. With that down, she just has a silly grin plastered on her face by the time they open the cargo bay door. "You speak Basic?" <rodian>"Or maybe Rodian," <bothese>"Or Bothese?" She switches back to Basic. "I think we've got a few other languages on the ship if you have another choice."

17. - Top - End - #167

Corran having Said nothing up until now when he follow Kara's lead and asks, narir gar jorhaa'ir mando'a, <Huttese> or mayby Huttese, <in a barely understandable Shyiiwook> or maybe Shyiiwook.

Mando'a Translation: narir gar jorhaa'ir mando'a = Do you speak Mandalorian

Character links

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Hearing the various tongues the crew could speak, none of which included the noble language of the Bith, the vendor's shoulders slump and he withdraws his hand. His voice takes on a more firm tone as he says in Galactic Basic, "200 Minosian credits per person. You can take whatever you can haul away by hand until the sun dips below the horizon."

Spoiler
    Show

Time :
    • Knowledge(World Lore) DC 20 to know that you've got about 9 and a half hours till sunset.
    • Flick gets a +5 to his check due to the length of time he has spent here.

Minosian Credits :
    • Knowledge(Business) DC 20 to know that is the standard currency in the Minosian Cluster... which is where you are.
    • Flick gets a +5 to his check due to the length of time he has spent here.

The best place to do a conversion is either a vendor who happens to accept both and is willing to trade(probably at a major spaceport), or through a government office, or via a holonet banking connection(available for a fee in most cities).

May be able trade too. The conversion rate is 87 galactic credits to 100 minosian credits. You'd have a rough idea of the conversion rate if you made either knowledge roll above.

19. - Top - End - #169

Knowledge(World Lore) (1d20+3)[16]
    Knowledge(Business) (1d20+3)[9]

Character links

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Flick upon hearing that they have to sundown tries to gauge what time it is now by the position of the sun.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (World Lore)[roll0]for some reason the rolls just said roll0 so here's a second try [roll]1d20+8[/roll]

He also tries to remember what the current exchange is between Galactic and Minosian credits. He also pauses thinking about if he ever placed a place that would most likely exchange the two.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge (Business)[roll1]second try since the first one didn't work right. [roll]1d20+13[/roll]
    Last edited by LarsWester; 2008-07-06 at 02:28 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    After recalling the exchange rate between Galactic and Minosian credits. Flick starts making the Bith an offer.
    We both know the exchange rate between Galactic standard and Minosian so could we give you a trifle more for your trouble of exchanging the credits later. Let's say 180 Galactic credits per person. That's handing you an extra 20 to 25 credits just to do the exchange yourself later. We would like to get to work finding what we need. Do we have a deal?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Check (1d20+10)[12]
    Last edited by LarsWester; 2008-07-06 at 06:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172

((I'm not sure i can do a Aid another on a Diplomacy Check but here it is.))

Diplomacy Check (1d20+1)[17]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-07-06 at 07:23 PM.

Character links

23. - Top - End - #173

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine blinks a few times and leans closer to Kera, speaking softly. "Capt'n, the man in the wooden mask is trying to encourage diplomacy. He's starting to frighten me," he says, attempting to keep a straight face, but the corner of his mouth and eyebrow quirk upward slightly.

Spoiler
    Show

Daine, is of no help. I blame it on the fact the man just said that we had 9 hours to load his entire junkyard into our ship.

Diplomacy Assistance: 1D20+1 = [7]+1 = 8
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-07-07 at 09:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

All her effort taken up by not breaking into snickering at what Daine just said, Kera covers her mouth with one hand and nudges him in the side with her other elbow. She coughs lightly once and scratches the end of her nose. "We really just want to find what we need and get out of your way as quickly as possible."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy Aid Another: (1d20-1)[17]
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-07-07 at 09:21 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175

Corran gives Daine an annoyed look and starts grumbling about having to now go find some sand fleas.

Character links

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

The Bith ignores the teams personal comments and the man in the wooden mask as part of the strange and incomprehensible culture of human kind.

The Bith's hand goes up as if to wipe sweat from his large bald head then he wrings his hands together and says in common again, "From what I've seen on the holo-feeds, this Empire has been cracking down on non-member systems and squashing local currencies as a way to get the local governments in line. Its been getting really hard to exchange these credits for much of anything because people know they won't be able to exchange them back."

He nods to the droids which lower their weapons and walk off towards the single building. He then says, "I suppose it couldn't hurt to have a few Republic Credits hanging around, just in case.. but I might not be able to do anything with them. If we are going to exchange, we should go 1 for 1 to help cover my risk."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera nods and pays the man. "Deal." Then she looks at Daine. "Stuff we need is higher priority than stuff you want. Other than that, your show. Try to keep the ship light enough it can still lift off." She grins.
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-07-08 at 08:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

AssassinGuy

Daine

"Ok, but I count two meters off the ground at full thrust as lifted off," he says as he grins back to Kera, turning and jogging into the ship. He gathers a few tools on then sets off down the ramp, grinning from ear to ear like a kid in a candy store.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-07-10 at 01:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179

Corran also heads in side the ship to Get his tool and his pit Droid "Shorty" to help lugging any components Corran finds back to the ship, Corran then heads back to the ramp there he tells Kera, I'm going to take my droid "Shorty" with me to help carry any item's i find. if there is an item that he and i can't manage i'll give you a call on the comlink, with having said that Corran along with "shorty' in tow heads off into the distance and starts his search.

Character links

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

The team spends a long day searching in the wreckage for parts and pieces to turn the Angry Mule into the most profitable ship in the universe. Nate spends the time doing self repairs, configuring the power levels to his hydraulics and servos(repair 1 STR damage).

Spoiler
    Show

Kera's List :
    Parts for installation of new weapon
    Supplies/parts to clean/overhaul weapons
    Maintenance supplies/parts for hyperdrive
    Parts for general repairs to one of the crew cabins
    Supplies/parts for bridge console maintenance
    Paint for touch-ups

GM additions :
    wiring assemblies
    hydraulics for the landing gear
    replacement hull plates/reinforced plates for the front of the ship.
    bigger bed
    computer interface modules
    upgrade parts for updating the hyperdrive
    upgrade parts for updating the ion drives
    parts for main-power
    nav-computer

Parts Found :
    Ion Cannon Assemblage(4d10 Ion Damage, max rng Med) (no damage)
    Proton Torpedo Launcher(no torpedos, launcher has slight damage)
    Heavy Laser Cannon(5d8 damage, +4 to hit, range increment 30m) (no damage)
    "Triple Blasters" (3d10 damage, +2 to hit, Max rng Short, weapon has some damage)
    Weapon assembly parts for overhaul (general maintenance supplies)
    Hyperdrive Parts (general maintenance supplies)
    Hyperdrive optimization algorithm(droid upgrade program - 20% chance per jump to reduce multiplier from x5 to x3)
    Parts for general repairs to one of the crew cabins (fix damage)
    Supplies/parts for bridge console maintenance (fix damage)
    Wiring assemblies (general maintenance supplies)
    Hydraulics for the landing gear (Reduce the landing DC by 1)
    Replacement hull plates (enough for 20 repair checks)
    Reinforced Armor Plates (increase hull DR by +1)
    Bigger bed (kera/daine)
    Computer interface modules (general maintenance supplies)
    Fuel Flow Modulators(+1 pilot checks in atmosphere)
    Maintenance Parts for main-power (general maintenance supplies)
    Sensor Post Processing Computer(+2 pilot checks to avoid collisions)

As the team gathers at sun-down with their last couple parts, Trill meets them with the loading ramp down and a table setup with food and drinks. The smell of food is mighty inviting and everyone begins to salivate as they approach.

As the team emerges from the piles of derelict ships, they notice that numerous scavengers and vermin are also closing on the ship and its fine smelling food. The scavengers, three 1-meter tall 'monkeys' with 4 arms and no legs and dark brown shaggy fur, approach from behind Trill, crawling along The Angry Mule itself. The vermin, 16 large rat like creatures grouped into 2 swarms cautiously approach from the edge of junk towards the open cargo hatch.

Updated Map

{{ Please Roll Initiative / Declare Actions }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-07-20 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Updated parts found list