New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First Try [IC]

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: First Try [IC]

The barkeep tells everyone, To the people who can reopen the shrine I will let them stay for up to a week on me. If you can open the road I will certainly get my money back if you fail and if you succeed I will get enough business to compensate my offer.

When Leto hears this she offers to pay for the rooms since she has faith you will be able to defeat the creatures plaguing the road.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Interesting turn of events. A couple of minutes ago, I could almost say I was bored. Now, I have teamed up with a rather bizarre group of individuals to undergo a...well, I could call it a quest now. On top of it all, I get to sleep over here for a week if I want to. Oh well, Finrod chuckled, a wanderer like me should not be known for complaining against free services.
    Finrod backs away from the stool in a smooth, confident manner and lifts his hand up to barkeep and Leto as a sign of farewell. Leto's expression was intriguing, he got the feeling she was giggling at him. It could be my imagination, I barely spoke a few words with her. Why do I have a feeling she knows me?
    *decides to return a smile and tries to look at her directly in the eyes, which was harder than he thought it would be*

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elroy

After a good night's rest, I awake in my bed. It appears that nothing much happened through the night. Seeing as how I just got up, I don't pay much attention to anything in the room, and simply shuffle out to the entrance room of the inn, and sit down at a barstool. I'm not particularly sure as to whether or not anything's in the room, because I'm still half asleep, but I pull out my spellbook, set it on the table in front of me, and ask to the room in general What's for breakfast?
    Last edited by drengnikrafe; 2008-04-07 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Too much control over other PCs to be reasonable post.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

Finrod Dunen

Finrod was sitting at a desk in the far corner of the inn.
    "I see you are already up Elroy."
    *grins*
    "Me, I never liked sleeping too much. Oh, you asked for breakfast - there are some turkey leftovers from last night's dinner. If you can stomach meat so early in the morning, it's over there by the window."

He stood up and walked over to the door.
    "We should be off to our journey soon. I'll go and make sure we have all the supplies. Yes, that means I'm in; you kids could use an old geezer like me who knows how these things work."

5. - Top - End - #35

Upon hearing about the leftover turkey, I lost my appitite. I hadn't been particularly fond of it the first time I ate it, and I figured it couldn't have been any better.Thanks for the offer, but I guess in waking up I realized I'm not as hungry as I thought I was. I do appreciate your help, though. Now, with renewed focus, I looked back down at my spellbook, and began to study what I had written.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lee had slept in peace. The bed, while nowhere near royal quality, was still quite comfortable for the young ranger. Nonetheless, he still woke before dawn. His blue eyes opened slowly as he sat up, sighing happily. He spent the next thirty minutes stretching and performing calisthenics in the room.

While Elroy and Finrod were talking, Lee sat at a nearby table, smiling calmly to himself. As they discussed breakfast options, Lee set his backpack down on the table and opened it. He withdrew some rations from his pack, tearing open the paper that wrapped the food.

"Turkey's good, but I rarely enjoy it for breakfast," Lee said. Turning to Elroy, he said, "Would you like some granola? It's sweetened with honey."
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Joshua

Joshua woke as Elroy departed from the room he had most generously offered to share with him. Pausing only a short time to say his morning prayer to Elhonna, Joshua stood and performed his morning exercises. These included stretching, pushups, situps and some acrobatic feats. After this he left the room and joined the others in his party. Turkey? No thank you. I prefer someting much lighter as my first meal of the day. Granola however sounds great if you're willing to share, Lee? No honey please."
    Last edited by The Cats; 2008-04-07 at 07:39 PM.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

8. - Top - End - #38

Elroy

Upon hearing the words "Sweetened with Honey", my stomach let out a loud grumble, as if begging for food. Well, I would hate to impose upon you in such a way without anything to offer in return... Another loud cry for food escaped That would be fantastic. Thank you so much. I took what was offered to me, and ate it with gratuity. It was actually fantastic tasting, and I wished I had more of it, but there wasn't any more.
    For being so kind, I decided he deserved, at the very least, what he had paid for what he had given me, so I took a gold piece out of my pocket and attempted to drop it into his back pocket. Sadly, it fell to the floor, and made a light *Clink* noise when it hit. I picked it up, and set it on the table in front of him. Fair is fair... So, how did you guys sleep? Though I was standing right next to Lee, I tried to address everyone.
    Last edited by drengnikrafe; 2008-04-07 at 08:16 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Leto
    Leto wakes shortly after the rest and comes down in a long night gown. She steps up to the bar and asks for some food, he hands her a loaf of some good bread and some preserves and honey.
    She then says, I guess everyone is here now. I think we need to head out as soon as we are done with breakfast. Let me go get dressed and I will return ready to go. Lets pack! Our journey should take about 3 days, maybe a little less.
    She grins at the other people and talks with the bartender for a little bit. He hands her some jerky. She takes it, thanks him, and heads upstairs. Shortly after she comes back down in her armor and tabard.

10. - Top - End - #40

Lee

Lee smiled as he opened some more of his rations for Joshua. I can always forage later, thought Lee, noting that he still had one day's worth of food in his pack. It was then that he noticed Elroy's attempt to repay him. Lee smiled and picked up the coin, examining it. "I thank you, friend, but this is worth more than what I've given you," he said.

He was momentarily distracted by Leto's words, turning his head toward her. Listening to her words, Lee went through a quick mental checklist. Patting his backpack, he thought to himself, Yes, that's everything.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-04-07 at 08:48 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

11. - Top - End - #41

Elroy

What you have given me is kindness, and one cannot put a price on that, so I've not given you nearly enough. A moment later, I realized how silly I sounded, and let out a light laugh.

I looked up at Leto. I'm ready to go whenever you are.
    Last edited by drengnikrafe; 2008-04-07 at 08:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Joshua, accepting the offered food, winked at Lee. Never fear for your food supply, I know a thing or two about living in the bush, as I'm sure you do to! After hearing Leto's proclamations, Joshua nodded his head in agreement. Checking his scant belongings, he pulled his pack onto his back and stood. Well, as you say Leto, I suppose we'd best be moving!
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

As people start moving outside Leto goes to the nearby stable. She goes inside and comes out with a mule. She throws her pack on it and says, As we need to move quickly go ahead and put what you need on him, he can cary bags so we can move quickly.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Don't worry, I have all that takes for a trip of this type neatly packed inside my backpack. Tent, bedroll, blanket, ropes - you name it. As far as I am concerned, we should have already been off. Although we're in no hurry, I consider idleness to be one small step away from sloth."
    He scratched his chin and said:"How are we to travel Leto? Have you perhaps already arranged each one of us a mule or are we to travel on foot?"

15. - Top - End - #45

Elroy

I grin as I quietly kneel by my backpack, and sift through it. This thing never slows me down. I stare into my backpack for a moment, examining the corner I just uncovered. As it turns out, I do have my own food. Oops... I close it back up, and sling it accross my back and stand up, suddenly curious about the answer to Finrod's question.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I do not believe we should bring more animals into danger than we must, and the path is very difficult at places. We might as well only bring one mule. says Leto.
    She then packs her belongings onto the mule, including food and a tent.

17. - Top - End - #47

Lee

Lee looked at the mule, inspecting the animal. He did not want to burden the beast, but he was sure it could handle the load, so he loaded one of his quivers of twenty arrows and one of his clubs onto the mule. After he was done, Leee gave the mule a gentle pat on the head.

Hefting his backpack, Lee smiled. "I'm ready to go," he said.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-04-08 at 03:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48

I don't own much and can carry what I do. Thank you for the offer though.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Leto turns to everyone and waves for them to be quiet. She then mutters some words in sylvan and gets a very panicked look on her face. She says, Hold together, I might be able to hide one of us, but it will not last long. We are surrounded by them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to know what spell roll a spellcraft check.
    Last edited by Iudex Fatarum; 2008-04-10 at 03:28 AM.

20. - Top - End - #50

A mischevious grin spreads across my face as I reach into my mind for something I memorized today that would come in handy for what looked like it was coming up. I made sure my voice was hushed. Let's do this thing...

21. - Top - End - #51

Lee's eyes widened as he heard the approach of something from the forest. He quickly withdrew a stout oaken club from his satchel, holding it as he looked out into the forest. Lee held the club over his head, ready to strike, as he waited.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A creature runs out of the woods charging at Joshua and tries to snap at him but just barely misses. As it charges Joshua everyone can now see it looks like a wolf with no flesh, it is now just the bare bones, animated by some foul magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just so people know, J10 moved to J8
    Last edited by Iudex Fatarum; 2008-04-11 at 10:42 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Joshua attempts to punch at the skeleton of a wolf but he misses as the wolf avoids getting hit.
    A human skeleton charges at Finrod and swings one of its claws. It conects making a large slash in Finrods chest with blood flowing out profusely.
    Leto sees this and looks scared and shocked. She turns to face the two skeletons that just showed up, grabs the silver horn out of her shirt and holds it up screaming, Leave us be, May Elhonna's light from the sun heal your souls so you might rest again in the ground.
    A blinding flash erupts from the horn and radiates out causing the skeletons that are seen to fall to the ground a pile of dust.
    We are not done here yet friends there are more in the woods.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Finrod takes his his trident out of his belt and charges forward with it raised. He stabs the skeleton with a mighty thrust but it does less damage than would be expected. The skeleton shrugs off the pain and attempts to bite Finrod. The beast misses snapping at air as Finrod nimbly dances out of the way.
    A second skeleton, of a human, charges forward at Lee, but Lee is prepared. Lee swings his club and crushes some of the bones in the animated skeleton. It swings its hand and hits lee squarely in the arm. His left arm is now torn and bleeding but Lee has also done more harm to the monster.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Elroy oddly takes his staff and attempts to swing it at the human skeleton next to Lee. He swings with force but does not hit and it whiffs by not even scratching the skeleton.

26. - Top - End - #56

After the creature Joshua was fighting seemingly crumbled to dust on it's own, he quickly bolted to Lee's side and struck out at the living skeleton with a flurry of blows!

Spoiler
    Show
    Joshua moves to H-6 and attacks W2 w/flurry of blows.
    Attack rolls: 1:[roll0] 2:[roll0]
    Damage if succesful: 1: [roll1] 2: [roll1]
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Leto moves over to Finrod. As she turns the skeleton takes a swipe with his claw, missing widely as she nimbly jumps out of the way.
    She prays to Elhonna as she runs, Don't let Finrod die because of the foul creatures. and her hand begins to glow white. As she touches Finrod his wounds seem to heal up and the bleeding stops. He still has some scratches but not as many.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Lee swings his club at the skeleton in front of him and it rips through the skeleton. The humanoid falls to the ground just a harmless pile of bones. Leto goes over and pats lee on the back, Thank you friend that was close, I am glad we could defeat these creatures and cleanse this part of our path.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Finrod strikes the wolf skeleton with his trident, he smashes through its jaws and it falls over in a pile of bones. He takes a minute to pull his trident back out of the bones that it remained lodged in.
    Leto breathes a sigh of relief as she picks up a shield from among the dust of the human skeleton she crumbled.
    I have never seen this symbol before. Maybe we should bring these with us to ask my elders about, unless you can identify them.

30. - Top - End - #60

I begin to concentrate upon finding some sort of magic in the area, and give the place a quick look over. I get a mild feeling that a divining magic has been here a short while ago, but think little of it, and I find nothing of interest.
    That was an interesting experience. Good job, you guys. I look at the shield to which Leto is referring. I... have never seen it before. I shrug slightly. Sorry I can't be more useful. In any case, I see no major reason to linger here any longer.
    I think for a moment to myself. Well... I did get a feeling like some sort of divination was cast in this area not too long ago... but that's all the more reason to leave. Any objections?