New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First Try [IC]

1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: First Try [IC]

After hearing Elroy's words, Finrod turned away from them. His forehead wrinkled in restlessness as a torrent of murky thoughts passed through his mind. He scratched his chin and started walking as he muttered:
    "You put up a good fight there friends, I commend your valor and devotion to fight alongside people whom you've met a day ago."
    He turns to Leto: "I...thank you. If there wasn't for your well-timed heal I'd be gathering dust in this middle-of-nowhere for the rest of eternity."
    Or worse, he thought. Those undead creatures couldn't have appeared from nowhere. Almost like, like they were /waiting/ for us. What worries me even more are the marks on their shields - that means they're oraganized. Where were they off to? If we hadn't been here, they might have attacked Ephesus...
    That notion struck Finrod with unease and he remained quiet for some time.
    Last edited by Sensate; 2008-04-18 at 05:19 AM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lee looked over the smashed skeletons slowly as he lowered his club. He did not recognize the symbols, but felt uneasy about them. "I am sure that the ones who bear this symbol bode ill for everyone, not just us." He nudged one of the skeletons to ensure that the dark magic that animated it was no longer in effect, and then he turned to his new friends.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, now that they're nothing to worry about, we should keep moving. Hoping his newfound friends hadn't noticed his inability to so much as strike a single target during the battle, Joshua wanted to find this shrine as quickly as possible. Four years is a long time to be away from home, after all.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Finrod forced a smile: "Joshua's right, let's get a move on."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

I felt the unease that seemed to be touching the rest of the rest of the party, and it swept over me like a wave from the ocean. And the sooner the better...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Everyone comes to a clearing as it starts to get dark. The sky's turned a deep red and slowly is fading into darkness. Leto speaks up, Perhaps we should rest here for the night, we do not know where the next good spot to rest will be.
    As it gets later, Leto points to a rock and it starts to glow brightly for 10 minutes. She talks to the rock and it glows again.
    Last edited by Iudex Fatarum; 2008-04-21 at 12:03 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67

Elroy

I took off my backpack, and let it fall to the ground in front of me. Good thinking, Leto. There's no point in traveling through the pitch black when there's a perfectly good spot right here. Now, I'd love to help keep watch tonight... you know, to make sure that nothing sneaks up on us, but when I fail to get a full nights rest then I usually have heck of a time focusing on my magic in the morning. At that point, I pulled my bedroll from my backpack, and unrolled it. I sit down about the middle of my bedroll. You guys were great today. I'm glad I joined this party.
    Last edited by drengnikrafe; 2008-04-20 at 01:49 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Lee removed the backpack from his shoulders. "Some rest would be useful," he said to himself, setting the satchel on the ground. Squatting, he removed his bedroll from the backpack. "If you guys want something to eat," he said, "I have some jerky and dried fruit in my pack."
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-04-20 at 06:17 PM.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

9. - Top - End - #69

Elroy

Lee, you've done so much for us already, from crushing 2 of those unholy abominations to offering us your food time and time again. I don't know about you guys, but I cannot, in good faith, take even more food from you. I, also, have food, and I believe it would be fair for me to supply the food to all who would like it tonight. I just hope you guys don't mind... I pulled the small boxes packed with food out of my backpack. ... Jerky and Dried Fruit. Go figure.

10. - Top - End - #70

Joshua

Well, I'm never one to pas up good food when offered! Joshua gratefully accepted Elroy's offer, wolfing down the jerky and fruit faster than you can say "Wow you sure ate that stuff quick!" Guess I was hungrier than I though! Wishing to get an early start on their journey in the morning, Joshua laid out his bedroll. I'm going to get some sleep, wake me when it's my turn for guard duty. Before anyone could protest, Joshua was out like a light.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Don't get any ideas but Finrod, Would you be willing to help me remove my armor, I will help you in return? I dislike sleeping in this scale mail. Also, if you try something improper I will have you cursed by my goddess.

Spoiler
    Show
    Finrod and Leto must remove their armour while they sleep. Otherwise they are fatigued when they wake up.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hrmf", Finrod grumbled as he took the armor off Leto, piece by piece, "you have my word." A few moments later, he added: "Though I won't protest if you indulge in similar activities when it's your turn. <silent chuckle>"

13. - Top - End - #73

Lee chewed some jerky slowly, taking a swig of water from his waterskin afterward. Sitting on his bedroll, he looked about. "I'll take first watch," he said, "I'm not tired yet." He picked up a piece of dried fruit and began to eat.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

before going to sleep Leto says, Who of you is the most injured, I have one heal spell left for the day. I also can bandage any wounds so that you heal better overnight.

15. - Top - End - #75

Elroy

I was half asleep, but I still heard her question. I don't have a single scratch on me... Then I finished my drifting into sleep...

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

After three hours had passed, Finrod woke up from his slumber and looked at Lee. He was as watchful as ever, but he could see the signs of fatigue starting to show after a long day: "Go get some rest boy, I'll cover us."

17. - Top - End - #77

Lee looked out into the darkness one last time after Finrod spoke. "Okay," he whispered, careful not to wake the others. Lee took another swig of water from his waterskin before he curled up in his bedroll and let sleep take him.

18. - Top - End - #78

Elroy

As the 8th hour had rolled to it's conclusion, I suddenly found myself awake. I found my body felt sore. Huh? Where am I? Oh... that's right, I joined a group of adventurers. I stretched, at which point I felt another sore spot. Today, I'm stretching some before I set out.
    I let out a long yawn, and took a quick look around. Nothing seemed out of place, or anything. I saw Leto keeping watch. I approached her. Mind if I sit with you while I study today's spells?

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Leto
    That would be no problem. Here She leans over and touches Elroy's back This should help relieve the stiffness from sleeping, I too must prepare spells soon. I will take my turn once you are done, as the sun rises showing its glory to the earth.
    Leto leans back continuing her watch.
    After the last hour she goes over and wakes the rest of the people, she again takes Finrod into the tent to get him to help her put on her armour.

20. - Top - End - #80

Elroy
    When she touched my back, I felt a thousand times better. Thank you greatly.
    At that point, I went back over to my backpack, and pulled out my spellbook, which I appearantly forgot. I then returned to her side, and sat down to begin my memorization process.
    After the ninth hour of rest had passed, I noticed once more that there was a world around me. I love focusing on this book. It let's me lose touch with reality, and sometimes that's just what I need. I returned my spellbook to my backpack, and began stretching. I'm not making this mistake again. Soreness is not a fun thing to wake up to.

21. - Top - End - #81

Lee

Lee awoke shortly after Elroy had. Not wanting to disturb the wizard as he pored over his tome, Lee carefully nudged Joshua and Finrod to awaken them. He took a gulp of water from his waterskin, wondering if he could find a stream that day to replenish it. After a dried piece of salt pork and a lump of cheese, Lee began to exercise as quietly as he could.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-04-28 at 12:21 AM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Joshua

Waking to the prodding of Lee, Joshua blinked the sleep out of his eyes and stood. After packing his bedroll away, he made himself a breakfast of jerky and nuts and proceeded with his morning routine.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

23. - Top - End - #83

Elroy

Upon the completion of my stretching, I dug through my backpack, and pulled out some trail rations. I decided that eating half of them now, and half of them later could be a good idea, and proceeded to feast upon half of what was in the little box. This whole... "breakfast" concept isn't half bad. I chuckle lightly. I wander around for a little bit, seeing how efficiently I could kick a nearby pinecone. After a few minutes, I accidentally flattened it under my foot. I felt a little bad, but there was nothing much left to do now.
    A approached Leto, who was standing nearby. So, Leto, how did you sleep? On second thought, we can talk on the road. I gestured towards the nearby trail. Everybody ready to go?

24. - Top - End - #84

Lee

Lee finished his exercises and began to pack his gear. Strapping his club to his belt and placing his bow and quiver at his back, Lee approached his new friends. "I'm ready to go," Lee said.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Leto packed up the mule and starts to head out. She walks down the trail and smiles as she says I slept well, How about yourself? I hope we do not encounter anything more before we get to the grove. It is not too far up the road.

A short while later an open patch of grass comes into view. In the center is a series of stone pillars surrounding a central fountain. The water in the fountain looks darker than water should be.

[OOC]
    Every one make a spot check. DC 18

26. - Top - End - #86

Elroy

My sleep was mostly restful. I wasn't about to tell her I had a dream about her, now was I? I chuckled lightly to myself.

As we enter the shrine, I notice the water, and pause for a moment. I then notice some pillars (unless that was the spot check, in which case I'm sorry). I think I know what some of these say. I offer.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Stepping up to the Sylvan Pillar, Elroy is able to read

Elhonna sees all under the sun
    Her eye sees all done under the day.
    May her sight radiate over all who do good,
    and harm those who are evil.

28. - Top - End - #88

Lee approached the pillars cautiously. He withdrew his club and held it ready as he examined the water. "Something doesn't feel right," he said. Lee carefully picked a single blade of grass from the ground and let it drop into the fountain.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The blade of grass instantly turns black as a flame erupts along it. After the flame dies the blade is only dust drifting to the bottom of the fountain.

30. - Top - End - #90

Lee's eyes widened as he watched the little conflagration. "My suspicions were correct," Lee muttered. Turning toward his companions, Lee said in an urgent tone, "Hold on a second, friends." Pointing to Elroy, Lee said, "Can you determine if this water is magical? Try not to touch it, if you can."