New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Warlock Heroes - The Equalizers

Calissa smirks. If we have the luxury of choice Luten, I will certainly leave them to you. I'll be heading towards the right side of the Warehouse, cutting off their escape route there. Maybe the entrance here should be guarded by one of us who isn't blessed with flight or speed. She ponders some of their options. And when we offer them to surrender. Maybe the group coming from the woods should do so. We will have most problems, should they try to flee there and we can discourage them from heading towards there that way.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Epsilon hovers in the sky, while Luten has made his way to the trees. He sees that there are about six sitting on logs around a campfire, with one log unoccupied. They are making their joyful noise, bragging and the like. The seventh still has not returned from the other building. The six seem completely unaware of anybody in the vicinity.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-05-29 at 01:24 PM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten

Luten settles down in his spot and waits for the signal to strike.

(Probably best to wait for the last guy to return too... but whenever the signal comes, i will be ready.)
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I'm ready." TACTICS prepares to arm whatever weapon becomes necessary.
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten

(Except... how are they going to give a signal. Oh well, i better take some initiative here. They had time enough to get into position...)

Taking a deep breath and steeling his resolve, Luten steps out of hiding and boldly approaches the group of thugs, until he is about 30 feet away from them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Provided that they let him get that close, Luten will look at each of them in turn and then declare: "You are all under arrest. Come along quietly and there will be no trouble."

Luten knows that he isn't very intimidating. He knows there will be trouble. And while some part of him fears this, some other part almost looks foreward to it...

Lycar

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Calissa heads off to the right side of the Warehouse, treading carefully across the damaged floor in order not to alert their opponents. When she leaves the Warehouse and sneaks around it, she whispers into the empty night. Blade! Moments later, a translucent herold's scroll manifests in her hand.
    Not. Funny.I thought this was more befitting of your preferred course of action. I pondered between this and a horn, actually.
    You know I just want to give them a chance.
    I believe the word you are looking for is 'risk', as in 'risk for more innocents to come to harm'.
    What happened to innocent until proven guilty. As a matter of fact, we might have picked the wrong guys.
    Oh sure. And you think they wouldn't feel provoked just the same as our targets?
    Just... just reshape yourself. This is not the time.
    Ooh, now we are all about efficiency. Very well...
    Calissa represses the urge to punch the wall as the thing in her hand reshapes itself to a shortsword.

7. - Top - End - #97

TACTICS prepares (readies an action) to launch his net at the first person who moves.
    ((If and/or when that happens…))
    TACTICS steps forward, launching a net from the back of his hand. "Don't. Move."
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay - Roll initiative and state your first course of action with appropriate rolls.

Round 1

Initiative of the thugs: (1d20+1)[19]
    They, obviously, do not like it and are ready to jump up from their sitting places! However, one gets a net flung at him when that happens and TACTICS steps out. "No way we will give up without a fight!" "Bring it on, bub!"

There are six thugs. TACTICS flings a net at Thug6 and due to readying, his initiative is Thugs+1 (thus 20) and his actions are stated for round 1 (throwing net). Please roll the appropriate rolls.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-03 at 03:38 AM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten

(Well, nobody can say we didn't ask nicely...)

Luten waits for the enemies to surrender. They don't. He's not really surprised.

Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20+3)[9]

Luten heads straight for what he presumes is the leader of the group and, feinting a blow to the face, ducks in the last moment to sweep out the legs under him.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's not really making a feint manouver, just move and trip attack.
    Touch attack: (1d20+5)[23] / Trip check: (1d20+5)[22]

If success: Attack (subdual): (1d20+9)[27] , damage (1d8+1)[8]

10. - Top - End - #100

((Huh. Dunno how long the rope is... let's say 10 ft.?
    Anyways, Attack - (1d20+12)[20] (using 1 IP for Cunning Inspiration; 3/4 IPs left), Strength - (1d20+4)[17] (opposed STR check to control the rope).
    That should be all the rolling necessary. See prior post for fluffy stuff.))
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Seeing the thugs rise and face Luten, Calissa moves towards the campfire. She balances the Blade in two fingers, ready to hurl it, should the thugs give her a reason. For one moment she hesitates, then aims lower in order to hit hips and legs only.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[18]

Move 45 feet towards the fire or until I am 30 feet away from them whatever comes first. Then, ready an action to attack with nonlethal force should one of them make a break to get away.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Firbolg in the Playground

As they cry out in protest, somethink clicks in Epsilon's arm. Everything below the elbow flies forward very suddenly, propelled by a blue teardrop of energy, much like his flight units. It spiraled through the hole in the roof and struck hard against the villain in his sights, the cushion of air protecting his target from the worst.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[10](13)
    Touch attack (probably flatfooted target): (1d20+3)[6](9)
    Damage (nonlethal): (3d6)[2][6][5](13)
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2008-06-03 at 10:51 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 1

Luten vs Thug1
    "Take this!" He shouts, as he strikes with his fist.
    Hit: (1d20+6)[13], Damage: (1d6+2)[7], If hit, Fort DC 14 or (1d6)[6] Str damage.
    "You won't trip me!" Resist: (1d20+4)[6]
    "Or perhaps you do trip me.."

Thug4 vs Luten
    "I will take you on too, stupid!" One says, moving over to the other side of Luten to flank him. This one also seems to make use of the opportunity to strike with slight claws on his fist.
    Hit: (1d20+8)[25], Damage: (3d6+2)[9]", if hit, Fort DC 14 or (1d6)[1] Str Damage.

Thug6 vs Luten
    "Cough! Cough!" The last thug says as he tries to strike Luten.
    Hit: (1d20+6)[26], Damage: (3d6-1)[4]".

TACTICS vs Thug2
    The net swings towards the Thug and said thug finds himself entangled by a stupid net. Cursing loudly, he tries to get rid of the control.
    Opposed strength (1d20+2)[21]

Success or not, he moves towards TACTICS to beat him up with a punch. "Why you!"
    Hit: (1d20+2)[20], Damage: (1d6+2)[5], if hit, Fort DC 14 or (1d6)[3] Str damage.

Thug3 vs TACTICS
    With a tumble, he moves towards the side of TACTICS, making sure to flank him with Thug2. "No hurtin' me bro!" He said before striking down with his fists. However, this one seems to make use of the opportunity to strike with slight claws on his fist.
    Hit: (1d20+8)[20], Damage: (3d6+2)[14]", if hit, Fort DC 14 or (1d6)[6] Str Damage.

Calissa vs Thug5
    "I am gonna warn da boss." This one mutters to himself as he runs away. You can catch him up now to hit. (move+attack for round1)

Epsilon vs Thug3
    "Haha! You missed!" Says the Thug as he jumped away from the attack.

Initiative
    TACTICS 20
    Thugs 19
    Calissa 18
    Epsilon 10
    Luten 9
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-04 at 02:10 AM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Thug6 vs Luten
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+6)[19], Damage: (1d6-1)[1]

TACTICS, you can act for round 2, Calissa can take her action of round 1. Luten can go take an AoO already against the one he tripped - he is standing up.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Calissa had expected just that and was quick to get to her feet. She falls into a steady jog to keep up with the thug without losing her ability to aim. When she approaches her target, she raises the blade over her shoulder and lets it fly over her shoulder, trying to hit shoulder and arm rather than causing fatal damage.

Spoiler
    Show

Move action to follow, throw the Blade at the fleeing Thug.

-4 to attack for going nonlethal:

Attack: (1d20+5)[10]
    Nonlethal damage from the Blade: (1d6+3)[7]
    Lethal Damage from the Runes of Guilt: (1d8)[1]
    Last edited by Silkenfist; 2008-06-04 at 05:56 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten finds himself surrounded by 3 opponents but he doesn't seem too concerned. Or maybe he just doesn't show it.

Nimbly dodging a blow aimed at him and tripping the perpetrator in return, he just catches a mean strike going for his head out of the corner of his eyes. Luten manages to evade it, if barely, in return receiving a solid hit from the third attacker.

He still gets to use the opportunity to kick at the guy he just downed though.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack of Opportunity: (1d20+5)[9] +4 for prone target. On hit do (1d8+1)[8] subdual damage.

Lycar

17. - Top - End - #107

TACTICS seems about to be hit by both of the strikes, but twists out of the way of one of them. ((Spending an IP against Thug3's attack to up my AC from 19 to 23, avoiding the attack entirely)). However, the other attack gets a solid hit, weakening the structure of TACTIC's body as well as draining power from his motors. ((taking 6 damage, and 3 str damage if save fails. Fort - (1d20+4)[18] EDIT: Huzzah! Save=success!)) Dropping the net's rope ((free action)), he rolls backwards, denying his foes the opportunity to attack again and getting closer to the fleeing foe ((move action - tumble to avoid AoOs Tumble - (1d20+17)[30], two foes is a DC of 17, which I think is an auto-succeed)). He comes up from the roll firing his needlegun at the fleeing foe ((Standard action, spending an IP on damage - Attack - (1d20+8)[25], Damage - (1d8+4)[10])).
    ((Now down to 1 IP. Hope this encounter ends soon. ))
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-06-04 at 05:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc: No Crit confirm on Luten]

Turn 2

Thug1, 4 and 6 vs Luten

"Curse you infidel!" says Thug1, obviously nonlethally hurt pretty much. "Feel this punch! And stop coughing on me!" "Cough!"

Thug1: Hit: (1d20+8)[22] Damage: (3d6+2)[13]
    Thug4: Hit: (1d20+8)[23] Damage: (3d6+2)[16]
    Thug6: Hit: (1d20+6)[10] Damage: (1d6-1)[5]

Thug2 and 3 vs TACTICS

"Rawr!" "Come back 'ere!" They run back to TACTICS, making sure that one is flanking him again by the time they surround him.

Thug2: Hit: (1d20+6)[20] Damage: (1d6+2)[7]
    Thug3: Hit: (1d20+8)[28] Damage: (3d6+2)[15]

Thug5

"My leg! Curse you, you @!^%!)@%!" He shouts, obviously in quite the nonlethal pain, but he continues on, making a double move. Calissa can charge him.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-05 at 02:36 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc: Why am I rolling so good? At least I didn't confirm this crit either. ]

Thug3: Crit Confirm: (1d20+8)[9] Damage: (1d6+2)[7]

[Your turn, fellows, now go and beat them up!]
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-05 at 02:37 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten finds himself in a situation he doesn't like at all, surrounded by hostiles who know how to fight. Feeling like a bear surrounded by a pack of wolves, always being attacked by the one he is not facing and taking painful hits, Luten has to really pull himself together to remember the things he learned at the martial arts school.

Immediately his stance shifts, his motions become more fluid and he weaves and ducks between the attacks of his assailants, making it somewhat harder for them to even touch him.

Then, in a flurry of activity, he crouches and kicks at the first thug's knee, intending to topple him and almost instantly shifts his weight, his other foot seeking purchase at the heel of the second thug and pulling.

Spoiler
    Show
    Down to 10 hp, time to fight defensivly. BAB drops to 0, AC goes up to 25. Next, Flurry of Blows, two Trip attacks to thugs #1 and #2.

Trip #1: (1d20-2)[-1], Trip check: (1d20+5)[23]

Trip #2: (1d20-2)[10], Trip check: (1d20+5)[13]

21. - Top - End - #111

*thunk*
    *thwak*
    TACTICS grunts in pain ((yes, he's a robot, yes, he feels pain to some extent, get over it )), but tumbles ten feet backwards backwards ((move action, dodging AoOs, auto success still, I think)). He pulls a vial from some recesses of his storage space ((as a free action - I love quick draw! )) and stands up in one fluid motion, before tossing the flask of Alchemist's Fire at the more menacing of his assailants ((standard action to throw at thug three. Attack - (1d20+8)[21]; Damage - (1d6)[2]; Miss - (1d8)[1])).
    ((Oh, and what do I do about my daily spells? ))
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112

Epsilon's fist snaps back to his elbow, and immediately fires again for the goon he'd missed before, the pad leading, the arcane teardrops flaring on his back and sides as they readjusted his position and compensated for the blast.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+3)[8](11)
    Damage: (3d6)[2][6][3](11)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Calissa keeps up with ease, looking for an opportunity to bring her opponent to a halt without just backstabbing him. She opens her hand to have the Blade return to it. With two quick leaps, she catches up and swings the blade in a wide arc to leave a deep cut in her opponents leg. Don't you dare to run. There is no escaping your responsibility.

Spoiler
    Show
    Once again, I'll try to leave nonlethal wounds.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[8]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiative
    TACTICS 20
    Thugs 19
    Calissa 18
    Epsilon 10
    Luten 9

Thug5

"@%!!!$#%!%" Was the last he cursed before he fell down, beaten unconscious by the strike.

Thug1, 4 and 6 vs Luten

"Can't hit me." "My mother could hit better than that!" "Cough!"

Thug1: Attack: (1d20+8)[9] Damage: (3d6+2)[14]
    Thug4: Attack: (1d20+8)[23] Damage: (3d6+2)[12]
    Thug6: Attack: (1d20+6)[16] Damage: (1d6-2)[-1]

Thug2 and 3 vs TACTICS

"Miss me, miss me, can't catch me." Thug3 said towards Epsilon, only to get hit by an alchemists fire. "Cursed fire!" "Get 'im!"

Thug2: Attack: (1d20+8)[18] Damage: (1d6+2)[3]
    Thug3: Attack: (1d20+6)[16] Damage: (3d6+2)[15]

Calissa is withing charging range of Thug2 or 3.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Having found his combat rythm, Luten finally manages to evade the constant attacks of his assailants. Still, his fruitless efforts at tripping two of them leave him frustrated and he just locks on thug #1 and growls deep in his throat, before letting go with a single mighty punch.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feinting thug #1, Bluff (1d20+11)[26], attack (bashing, nonlethal): (1d20+1)[17], damage (1d8+1)[8] + SA (3d6)[15]

Lycar

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

With a single, pushing and mighty strike, Luten hits Thug1, who goes: "Ooompfh." And then collapses on the ground from the hit, knocked out with that powerful blow. blow.
    Last edited by Zweanslord; 2008-06-06 at 07:39 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117

Tactics rolls backwards again. "Neener neener, you can't catch me!" he shouts, in an attempt to draw attention from the bag he pulls from his storage compartment...
    ((Tumble back 30 ft, draw a bag of marbles, readied action to spill them out under the feet of the thug that's not on fire when he's five feet away from me.))
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Orc in the Playground

Calissa pays a brief look at the convict, assuring herself that it wouldn't get up again just now. Turning around, she faces the Melee. She picks up speed again while readying the Blade for the strike - keeping it loosely in her hand, so it wouldn't leave gashes too deep. For Justice!

Spoiler
    Show
    Charge, then attack nonlethally.
    Attack: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[6]

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Epsilon can still act from last round, but already posting this. If he kills something in his round, I will edit that in.

Thug4 and 6 vs Luten
    "I will make you pay for that!" "Cough!" And with that, the two take a quick step so they both flank Luten again.

Thug4: Attack: (1d20+8)[24], Damage: (3d6+2)[15]
    Thug6: Attack: (1d20+8)[21], Damage: (3d6-2)[10]

Thug3
    "I'm on #@!%!@^ fire! I'm on #!%!%#! fire!" Said Thug3, who tries to exintguish the flames.

Damage: (1d6)[2], Reflex: (1d20+6)[19].

Thug5

"Hah, take me on you!" Said Thug5 as Calissa went charging to him, until he got a blow to the head from Calissa. "You will pay!"

Thug5: Attack: (1d20+6)[10], Damage: (1d6+2)[7]

30. - Top - End - #120

Epsilon is emotionless and efficient as he readjusts his position to get a clear shot on the now-burning thug and sends his fist out once again, flying forth on it's chain to strike the hapless thug.

Spoiler
    Show
    Once again..
    Attack: (1d20+3)[6](9)
    Damage: Attack: (3d6)[6][3][6](15)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show