New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: When The Avatara Walk the Earth....

Level 12 flame strike.
    Save DC is 23
    Save roll reflex - (1d20+18)[19] I also have Evasion so if I succeed I take no damage.
    Gars
    Gars pulls out his bow and prepares to fire a volley of arrows into this...entity.

2. - Top - End - #92

Shave off the seventysomething, then. Meanwhile...Ouch. That crit hurt. Good thing I get timeless if I make it to the end of this round.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Gars
    Caught in the middle of drawing his bow, Gars emerges from the flame doubled over and gasping for pain. When he can move, a blue aura surrounds him, and he straightens up, feeling better.
    [spoiler]Round 4 action. Cure Critical Wounds CCW - (4d8+12)[35]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Depending on how you do crits that puts him over 50 in a single hit. Do you use massive damage rules?
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

5. - Top - End - #95

Round three, you mean. I got a surprise action, and everyone responded, so we're at the third round once everyone posts.

Edit: Nah, no massive. At this level, it means too many saves, and with the forum roller working as it does, it means one fo the future encounters drops half the team on a single round.
    Last edited by Azerian Kelimon; 2008-04-12 at 12:45 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Uranus prematurely ends her spell transforming back into a human.
    She waves her hand, and holds her it out, palm flat, firing 5 balls of force.

Magic Missile
    (1d4+1)[5]
    (1d4+1)[3]
    (1d4+1)[4]
    (1d4+1)[2]
    (1d4+1)[3]

(seriously, unless you guys stop by me for buffing, I can't really do much if he's reflecting energy attack.)
    Last edited by The Necroswanso; 2008-04-12 at 01:13 AM.
    The Necroswanson's Deviantart.
    Freemanatar by Phase, thank you ever so much.

Remember kids, Vortigaunts say, "The Free Man is not a number."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

Sasach, kneeling over the tattered corpse of his beloved steed, snarls through the mist in his eyes, and draws back his bow. This bastard had so many layers of magical protection, it would take a week to figure out how to work around them. He had one option: To punch through them, and pray the filthy bastard died.

I'm taking a full-round action to ready a precision shot, using your rules. Action is delayed until said bastard starts to cast something. Use these rolls for it:

Attack: (1d20+33)[19](52)
    Damage: (4d4+22)[4][3][1][3](33)
    Energy: (12d6)[4][6][2][6][5][5][4][3][6][5][3][3](52)
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98

Oh, wait, does splitting double that, or is it just another attack?
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #99
    Dwarf in the Playground

Othar

The half-Ogre swings another time trying to get the Psion, and he profits to ready his maneuvers to deal with him for good. Then, seeing an opening as his opponent focuses on dealing with the archers, Othar lets loose his chain again.

Spoiler
    Show

These are my third round actions. Move closer to him, so that he's better within reach. Swift action to change/recover warblade maneuvers followed by a single attack as standard action (using power attack for 4).

attack:(1d20+25)[36]
    damage:(2d6+25)[31] (Piercing, it overcomes DR as adamantite)

Attack of opportunity:
    attack:(1d20+29)[45]
    damage:(2d6+25)[32] (Piercing, it overcomes DR as adamantite)

Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-04-12 at 08:28 AM.
    a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

With a bellow, Sslag streaks towards the psion. With both of his claws he strikes.

(1d20+24)[38]

If it hits

(2d4+24)[30]

and rend, which is not subject to damage reduction or concealment because it is added to the claws.

(2d4+27)[33]

Added 2 to attack bonus for charge and put 4 points into power attack

Spoiler
    Show

He uses his 5-ft step to drop down 10 ft and in range of the rest of the party.

Healing and buffs would be very appreciated
    Last edited by Smiley_; 2008-04-12 at 10:53 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101

if anyone requries aid come to me, as i can't get to him., the best i can do is to assist those who can.

ready action to heal who ever is closer and needs healing the most...
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

12. - Top - End - #102

The magic missiles reflect off the "Old man", and back at Uranus.

Concealment rolls, if all hit the guys in a pretty tight spot...: Sslag: (1d100)[83]

Sasach: (1d100)[66]

Othar: (1d100)[42]

13. - Top - End - #103

While magical attacks reflect off the "Old Man", he is not so lucky against a physical onslaught. While he manages to superhumanly dodge Sslag's attacks, he is not so lucky against Othar and Sasach. In whatn seems to be thousands of years but are actually just a few seconds, he falls to the ground. However, before he hits the ground, a smile appears in his lips...

And then, he combusts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used a Moment of Prescience, Psionic to dodge Sslag's attack, but I wasn't so lucky with the others. And for anyone who read the XPH, don't worry, that's not a fiery discorporation.

Instead, it's a big, bad explosion. Will saves to make it to the celebration, guys, to take half of (19d6+19)[91].

Everyone, add 3000 to your XP. Victory!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

Will Save (1d20+20)[29]

15. - Top - End - #105

People who have to make the save: Sslag, Uranus, Othar, Sasach, Taia. Everyone who got 50' or closer to the psion, in other words.

16. - Top - End - #106

I do not want to be royally pissed. If I die, I will be very royally pissed.

Will save: (1d20+8)[17](25)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #107

Garris

Flying just out of reach of the explosion Garris lands next to the fallen body and looks at the others gathers and says Well done folks. Everyone okay?

Spoiler
    Show

Yay for Shot on the run. 60ft away.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Othar

Will save: (1d20+28)[38] *burning moment of perfect mind to save* and level up time!!

The half ogre emerges of the smoke and dust lifted by the explosion.*cough* only bruised, burnt and angry... replies Othar, not too badly damaged although that last explosion charred him quite a bit.

The half-ogre turns and lifts his blindfold to have a true view of the others that helped in the fight. He smiles when he sees all the heroes congregated around the hole. Well, it seems that that maniac is no more... he says with relief. I'm Othar he introduces himself. Allow me to invite you to a good drink and meal to thank you for your help he offers. Only then he notices the downed eagle lying on the floor, and his smile disappears. Oh, sorry... he says, slowly. Perhap's not the best moment to celebrate...
    Last edited by elkhantar; 2008-04-12 at 01:59 PM.
    a dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

God damn flying bastards. Tahlin slides his throwing daggers back into their sheaths. He glances around and spots the dwarf on the edge of the blast-hole. Strange company... but at least he wasn't the only one land-bound in this ridiculous flying escapade. He walks over to the dwarf and greets him, none of the pretension elves tend to display towards dwarves present in his voice.

"You seem of sound mind, friend. Perhaps you know more of this than I do." He bows his head slightly, in the respectful custom of a far-off land. It seems slightly out of place here. "I am Tahlin Ryavain, the great shortblade duelist. Perhaps you have heard of me? What happened here?"

20. - Top - End - #110
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Azerian Kelimon View Post
    People who have to make the save: Sslag, Uranus, Othar, Sasach, Taia. Everyone who got 50' or closer to the psion, in other words.
    Taia was at 60'. Or do you mean at any point?

Will - (1d20+16)[23]

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

21. - Top - End - #111

((Hmm...60? Then you don't have to make the save.

Everyone made it, thankfully. Good thing this works as if it were a 0 level power, else...*throat slit*.))

As everyone recovers, walking can be heard. Tap, tap, tap...it sounds like high heeled boots.

Nice way of dealing with that guy, people. Now, would you care to come with me for a little chat?

Looking up, you see what seems to be an army of knights or other heavily armoured soldiers, brandishing all kinds of weapons, from exotic thinblades to mighty greatswords. It's a wonder they managed to get to the crater soundlessly.

Among them, stands out a blonde man. Of average height, he has a mischievous grin on his face, a lute on his back, and an estoc between his hands. Clearly, the man is a bard, almost fitting the stereotype to a T.

With a pirouette, the man jumps down at the crater and somehow manages to land without breaking any bones. Walking towards the place where once stood the "Old man", he picks up the cloak and golden bag from before the battle started, and stuff them into a pouch on his belt.

Now, do you need help to climb up or can you do it yourselves?

Now, can you climb up or

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

Uranus braced herself against the blast.
    (1d20+19)[39]

She looked up at the newcomers, how had they managed to sneak in so quietly, and why hadn't they Even tried to help?
    "And just who might you be?"
    Though the look she gave the man was cold and biting, her voice was soft and formal.

((heh, I could have failed the save and lived.))
    Last edited by The Necroswanso; 2008-04-12 at 02:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113

Slightly widening the smile, the blonde man twirls his hand a bit. Small orbs of coloured light appear and blow up as he bows and says:

Karden Mekraan, at your service, my ice cold lady. So, are you willing to come with me and my men to have a chat?

And what about you, friends? He says as he sharply turns around to look at the other combatants.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

"A chat about what, might I ask?"
    She didn't like where this was going. One of two things was going to be discussed. Either their punishment for attacking some foreign dignitary, or there were more people like this...

25. - Top - End - #115

After a moment of trying to regain his senses, his breathing ragged, Sasach reaches down and takes the armor off Criu's body piece by piece, tucking them into his bag. Then, he checks along each wing, and pulls out the largest feather of each, tucking the hard tips reverently into a pair of slots on his helmet, behind his ears. After a moment of silence, he turned to the newcomer. "I would prefer some assistance. I did not survive that battle merely to miss a handhold and plummet to my demise. On a related note, some healing would be appreciated."
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #116

Wordlessly, Karden hits Sasach with his estoc, using the momentum of the first swing to do another pair of attacks. Instead of wounding him, however, the attacks close any wounds Sasach has and revitalize him.

Aaah, good old positive energy. I can practice swordsmanship, AND I heal you.

Looking at the great downed bird, he adds, as he inspects it curiously, Hmm...was it yours? I can help you with him if you come with me. We've developed a procedure for just this kind of thing.

Turning back towards Uranus, he adds Make a guess.

Spoiler
    Show
    (6d8+15)[42]
    (6d8+15)[51]
    (6d8+15)[34]

That should do the trick. It's the amount healed. Plus, you regen 3 extra points per round for 10 rounds after that.

27. - Top - End - #117

Garris

The flying archer looks at the halfling I'll fly ya out. Then we can go chat with this guy and his army. Te collection of teeth at his neck rattle as he shakes himself a little and the picks up the halfling and with cloak/wings flapping he swoops up to the top of the crater where he set the halfling down. Alright then.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tahlin notes the arrival of the newcomers. Excellent, just what he had been asking after. "Nevermind, my stout little friend. I shall seek my answers from.. another source."

He walks to the bard, clearly the "face" of this newest group, and bows deeply. "Sir, I am called Tahlin Ryavain. I am a master of combat with the short blade and duelist of no small renown or travel. Perhaps you have heard of me, I am no stranger to this city. I must admit, I am quite curious as to what this," he gestures at the hole, "was all about. It would be my pleasure to accompany you, if your invitation extends to me."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Orc in the Playground

"Great, more of them"
    Uranus snarled.
    "Fine, but let's get out of this damned hole." With a few motions and a step forward Uranus had moved from her spot to the city street level in an instant.

((Dimension Door, of course.))
    Last edited by The Necroswanso; 2008-04-12 at 04:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Tahlin? I believed you were in another zone of the city, Karden mutters, as he thoughtfully puts a gloved hand against his chin. I'll have to speak with the spymaster. He must make his eyes and ears keener. Looking at Tahlin's eyes, he says: Indeed, I have heard of you. You have been watched for quite a while. If we have time, I'll be very interested in crossing arms with you in a duel, he says. But for now, climb up and wait for me while I gather up everyone else. Looking around, he then mutters This could take time...