New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

tongue Stanley's Plan (farfetched spoilers)

So, for the fans of that whatever is expressed must be used, clearly Stanley is looking for a walnut grove in order to create multiple, massive wings of pigeon warriors. Once he gets veil functioning, he'll have dozens of fake pigeon stacks appearing to be dragon/warlord/Stanley stacks. And his real stack will have hundreds if not thousands of decoy pigeons as dragons in order to make attacking a real unit statistically unlikely.

Okay, perhaps a bit farfetched, but speculation is the natural result of waiting for the next installments...

2. - Top - End - #2
    Banned

Default Re: Stanley's Plan (farfetched spoilers)

It's official. You need an hobby.

Laurentio

3. - Top - End - #3
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Stanley just doesn't seem smart enough to make such an interesting and brilliant move.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Halfling in the Playground

But now that it is mentioned. My god its brilliant, if things were as bad as they are for parson and stanley, it MIGHT just turn and entire game around...

5. - Top - End - #5

that would take a goddamn lot of walnuts...
    Awesome list: Me. Havermorphism (From Kongregate), Illiterate Scribe (From here)

6. - Top - End - #6

A dwagon lugging a dwagon sized crate would be able to carry hundreds, if not thousands, of walnuts. Assuming 1 pidgeon = veiled monster, thats thousands of fake creatures. You could reduce casualities in a war simply by mind****ing your enemy until they didnt know what or what was not a monster. Might need three linked foolamacers to hold the strain, but it could be done.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

The fact that Bogroll's pigeon pie unexpectedly contained walnuts indicates that they change back after a fairly short time.

8. - Top - End - #8

Assuming we have 1 turn of pidgeon-ness, Cycling out may be in order. Dunno, but that certainly puts a damper on it... I need more info on this before I discount it as a strategy. (Not that it is the best strategy to be had, but if your in parson and stanley position, you have not been strategizing very well.)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Banned

Naw, you didn't understand. Stanley is not going to veil pigeons as dragons. He is going to veil dragons as pigeons.
    Think of thousand and thousand of pigeons... all tiny target, unworthy of your arrows... and suddenly a few among them start breathing fire, and throwing gums, and snoozing deadly gas, and POOPING ON YOU!

The horror! And you can't fight back, because there are so many, and don't tell me that this is war! You didn't have to see your friend pooped to the dead near you, while all these pigeons... my god... my god... sob... I want to go home...

Laurentio

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teron View Post
    The fact that Bogroll's pigeon pie unexpectedly contained walnuts indicates that they change back after a fairly short time.
    Bogroll remarked that he didn't recall putting any walnuts in the pie, so it's possible that they revert some time after being croaked, rather than staying as pigeons for only a while.

11. - Top - End - #11

The ability to turn walnuts to pidgeons, and use veiling may just be the greatest strategy ever.
    And I never even considered the dwagon to pidgeon idea.
    (Though I would think they would unveil before attacking. Now changamacy...)