New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Post Arken-everything

The Arkenpliers. When dealing with the uncroaked and generally desiring to twist things in a way that benefits you, pliers are all you'll ever want for the job.

The Arkenhammer. Hit people so they stop hitting you. Zap! Hit things, make pigeons. Zap! Hit dwagons to make them stop biting you.

The Arkendish. Networking things, my mind to your mind, hello it's me I'm calling, etc.

The Arkenclub. Perfect for chipping wads of dirt from the ground and sending them hurtling away at dangerous velocities. May require a small white ball as a focus.

The Arkenwrench. Perfect for your... foolamancy related... wrenching needs... or something? Okay, I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around that one. That's also assuming your name is William. Which it might not be, since no one present actually knows it.

It's late at night, and I have Goooooogle.

I do find it sort of interesting that the names of the Royals turn up nothing much when I google for "_____ tool", but several of the non-royal names are actual companies. Except for Charlie ("charlie dish" is the search string I used, since "charlie tool" didn't lead to any great revelations). I like the theory that the Arkentools counterbalance the royal stat/exp bonuses, for those commoners lucky enough to find them. Seems to fit rather well, for now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Arken-everything

That's brilliant. I hope you turn out to be right.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Arken-everything

Here are two that Rob has refered to, and based on what I personally know of Erfworld, refering to them on the forums may have been a way to make a false red herring:

The Arkengoggles: Nothing known, but they probably do nothing.

The Arkencabbage: Only known to be attuned to Lord Cole and follows the mysterious Cole's Law.

Arkenplunger: Has a bizzare ability that makes it impossible to pull your pants up all the way. Owned by and attuned to King Hoskins.

Name taken from another Erfworld Idiot, all the other stuff about it is mine.