New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Greyhawk Adventures; Chapter 1 [IC]

DM

The bell strikes 3 in Greyhawk, and it is the assigned meeting time with your newest employer. Striding together you meet as a group and all that is exchanged is a single nod.

There are three figures opposite you, they are dressed from head to foot in varying shades of grey, each with a deep cowl. Each of you gets handed a simple golden band, upon which there is an isignia of sorts. A simple sealed envelope is handed over to Jerrick and the three figures stride off. As you loose them the surroundings become more apparent.

You in the middle of the market district of Greyhawk, with vendors on every which corner, shouting and screaming that theirs is the best price in the current war-torn climate. People stride past you jostling and banging into you, theres small children and women everywhere and screams of childish glee fill the air, yet its becoming more and more apparent there are less and less men in the city than ever before, as well as an ever increasing strain, due to the refugees.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Greyhawk Adventures; Chapter 1 [IC]

Belisarius Andredle

As he walks, the grey elf turns the band over and over in his hand, studying the insignia for some sign of purpose or detail as to what it regards. After a bit Bel tries to detect magic upon the ring. He nudges Bonepicker and nods at the ring he received, wanting to compare the two.

"I could use some wine," he comments aloud. "Something to remove the stench."

Spoiler
    Show
    Appraise: (1d20+3)[7]
    Knowledge (arcana): (1d20+5)[22]
    Spellcraft: (1d20+5)[19]
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Strennr 'Nobottle'

Strennr pocketed the band imediately, prefering to inspect it later out of view of the public. He was gazing over the croud when Belisarius mentioned wine, and whooped for joy. "Yeah!! Lets go get some booze!" He was (obviously) excited over the prospect of some good rotgut, and was performing a small celabratory dance in honor of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perform (Dance) - (1d20+4)[7]

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Daigoro Kaijin

Daigoro nods politely to the messengers, standing a half step behind Jerrick.

"The Impurities
    Bitter taste so desired
    Bring only trouble."

He turns slightly, face calm despite his orcish appearance, as if to appraise the toughts of everyone.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Krovang "Kro" Bronzebeard

Kro grips the band in his pudgy fingers and brings it up near his large nose to inspect it closer. "When I took this job I didn't know I was going to have to wed it. I guess we're going to be married to our work."
    He chuckles to himself at his own joke, strings a chord through the band and puts it around his neck. He tucks it below his breastplate.

Kro is uncomfortable in the hustle and bustle of Greyhawk. Living underground was one thing, but being surrounded by so many people was quite another. "Yeah, let's get out of this crowd. We shouldn't celebrate too much, though. We haven't earned it yet. Let's save the real party till everyone else can join in with us."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

Juste

Juste studies the band he recieved for a second after which he shrugs and slides it onto his wrist underneath a sleeve.
    Out in the open air market Juste walks carefully with the rest of the group making sure not to step on anyone. He grimaces at the mention of ale but that grimace quickly fades into a smile when Strennr begins to dance merrily around, "Perhaps some music for your dancing?" In Juste's hand a small sphere of energy glows and forms the shape of a lute with which he plucks a few notes. Juste continues to pluck away at the notes as they continue to a tavern.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Summon Instrument, lasts for 4 minutes
    Last edited by That Guy; 2008-04-18 at 02:54 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jerrick

Jerrick inspects the simple band, finding little worth in it and tucking it away. His eyes next inspect the sealed envelope, his curiosity reaching its peak.

Any o' y'all have a problem with reading this envelop? I don't see why not.

He sighs longingly at the mention of ale, but chuckles in agreement at his friend's poetic statement.

That's not exactly how I would put, but I can't argue with words as pretty as yours. Now, let's see what we have here.

Jerrick breaks the seal and holds the letter out so that any who wish to read it can see what is written. He eyes scan it quickly, trying to take in all that is there before anyone else, as his competitive nature leads him to do.

8. - Top - End - #8

Strennr 'Nobottle'

Strennr laughed and stopped his dancing. "Thank you, but I'm afraid my dancing is too poor for such fine music as your own. I shall dance later, as the good Kro suggests." Grinning, he looked over to Jerrick as he oppened the envelope and became more serious. "What does it say?"

9. - Top - End - #9

BlackDragon

Juste

Juste simply chuckles at the comments.
    When Jerrick opens the envelope Juste stops his plucking and waits for Jerrick's response....
    Last edited by That Guy; 2008-04-18 at 04:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Belisarius Andredle

Bel sniffs in annoyance. "The letter is the main reason I suggested getting wine," he states flatly.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

DM

As soon as the bands touch the wearers skin, they become invisible to everyone else. Even if your activley looking for what you know they have just recieved, all you see is the person whom you are looking at playing with something which seems invisible to your eyes.

Belisarius Andredle

Spoiler
    Show

You can tell its worth something in the region of 500gp+

It radiates magic, although it is obscure, and you can't tell from what school.

The letter is opened and it says but a few words to those reading it, it is in the common tounge.

"After having relayed the information to your party members (those who now wear the bands of the organisation) destroy this letter. We have reason to believe you are being shadowed, by whom we can't discern. Your first mission is to go north through the hills to the Nir'derv. We believe there is some form of navy assembling, but all scrying attempts have been blocked. Good luck, you can contact us through the rings when needed."
    Last edited by Slashy Mc Slash; 2008-04-19 at 02:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I think we should leave as quickly as possible." At least then we'd be out in the fresh air.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"Morning sun to the right
    Afternoon falling down left
    Follow path quickly"

Daigoro nods, peering about at his comrads.
    Last edited by SamTheCleric; 2008-04-19 at 07:20 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14

BlackDragon

Juste

A determined look crosses Juste's face as he speaks "I agree we should make haste as time may very well be against us".

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gelu rips the paper up and holds the pieces out in front of him.

If any of y'all want to destroy this even more, go ahead. I don't see much point in waiting either. I say we head out of here straight away.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kro

"We should burn it, then be off. If we've all got supplies we should be able to travel quickly."

17. - Top - End - #17

Strennr

Strennr nodded as Kro spoke. I can try to catch some fish as we go, but that is all I have." He looked appologetic for a second or two, then he snapped back to his usual grin. "Well, I'll just buy myself some food for the road." He then stopped and scratched his head. "So we gonna get some horses or what?"

While he talked, Strennr slipped his ring out of his pocket and placed it on his finger.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

DM

Purchasing what you need you leave town through the northen gate.

[[If anyone has anything they would like to do in town please say so and if it can't be sorted OOC we'll do a return to this point.]]

Upon leaving the town, if your band is touching your skin, you are suddenly feeling slightly, different, but you can't tell why, and its not in a bad manner.

Travelling north into the hills the land is a softly rolling green landscape. There is at this point a severe lack of trees but you see birds circling in the sky overhead and even see a bunny hop past you at one point.

After about 5 hours of travelling as dusk is starting to set in and the sun is starting to lower in the sky you see what would appear to be the starting of a rolling series of hills and the road veers sharply off to the left and right.....

19. - Top - End - #19
    Bugbear in the Playground

Badda

A little goblin comes running at your encapment, screaming something that at first is hard to make out. Finally you start to make out what he is screaming.

Wat.....Ba.....in.....wake.....
    once again he screams, only a little more clearly
    Wait for Badda, Badda slept in, no one wake me up.

Catching his breath at the end of your encampment, Badda finally looks fully with it. No one came woke me, I so late, I run catch you. But I got Shiny Ring....Wait where go?... Oh yeah magic, no there for thieves.

[OOC]sorry, i forgot to suscribe to the OOC thread : ( [OOC]
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-04-21 at 04:55 PM.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Bonepicker---

Bonepicker looks at the little goblin and grunts noncommitaly. He then pulls out a wad on whitish material he has been working around in his mouth.

"Sneaky men give Bonepicker letter to read and pretty magic ring. No share ring but you want to chew on letter to feel better?"

He offers the illegible soggy mess to the goblin and/or anyone else in the group.

"Taste pretty good. Big quality paper they use."

((When/if the party stops here for the night.)) "We sleep down near bottom of hill. Nobody see fire easy." Bonepicker goes about setting up camp for himself and Belisarius. Moving rocks to shield a fire and laying down soft grass for the elf to sleep on. He also sets up the campfire using what he can find ((Tightly knotting the grass/weeds to make them burn longer, etc)) Once settled in he checks over his and Belisarius's gear to make sure nothing is wrong.

"I watch in the middle night so you weak ones sleep well." Bonepicker settles himself down after eating and lays his axe & shield ready to grab quickly. "Wake when I need watch tonight." Then glancing at Belisarius as if remembering his manners, "Please."

Spoiler
    Show
    Survival [roll]1d20+8[/roll]
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-04-22 at 01:38 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contact Lost – Zell Melern
    Eberron:TC - Gander Qien
    Into the Breach - Jaxal Pralest
    Familiar - Toby the Cat
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Slaw Nadier
    Greyhawk Adventures - Bonepicker

Imagination is my way to escape your reality!
    -------------------------------------------
    To much DMing and not enough play makes a DM something something...

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Belisarius Andredle

Belisarius ignores the goblin, nodding nearly imperceptibly at his approach and excuse. After Bonepicker prepares his spot, the elf gracefully sits and nods to him. "You may rest," he agrees.

He leans back and stares at the ring on his finger. "Interesting workmanship. I've not seen its like before. There's something...odd about its magic, though," he comments absently.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Daigoro

Daigoro absently begins preparing bedrolls for himself and Jerrick, sitting near the fire that the brutish half-orc created to meditate.

23. - Top - End - #23

Badda

Upon arriving, and being offered the soggy mess, Badda politely turns it down. I got my buhmers to calm me down.

As soon as the fire is started Badda is almost entranced by it, much like he always is. Finding a nearby stick, he puts it into the fire waiting for it to catch fire. once it has caught fire, he begins to wave the stick around, and taunting people with his burning poker.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Bonepicker---

As the goblin comes near him with the brand Bonepicker gives him a; try it and loose a hand glare.

When the goblin gets with 5' of Belisarius he lets out a very threatening yet quiet bark,
    "Haaaghk!"

He stands up an stomps up to the goblin. "No! No. No. Bad Goblin." Bonepicker swats at the Goblin. "Leave Elf alone. Put down fire. I make fire low between hills to hide us. You want play with fire go make own camp and fire away from here. You want watch fire and keep it fed you stay and be good. No feed to much, keep fire small. Little fire little hungry, bad things no see. Big fire big hungry, bad things come and cook Goblin over fire."

Bonepicker then goes and lays back down.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jerrick grins and murmurs,"Thank you, my friend," to Daigoro before settling down on his bedroll. As the strange goblin waves the fiery stick in his face, Jerrick raises up threateningly, waiting for the goblin to move away before laying back down.

"Should we set up a watch then, comrades?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Daigoro speaks, eyes remaining closed and posture not changing...

"Darkness brings danger
    Hidden to those who are blind
    To some dark is light."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Belisarius Andredle

Bel leans forward. He smiles faintly at the poetic speech coming from the other half-orc. "Yes. Bonepicker has already declared for a middle watch, I believe. You'd do nicely in another of the watches at the deepest dark of the night," he nods to Daigoro.

"Who amongst us needs full sleep for resetting spells on the morrow?" The elf asks as he raises his own hand to signify his dependence.

28. - Top - End - #28

Badda

Seeing the reaction that he recieved, which was nothing like the one that would have been given in goblin society, Badda almost slinks down and sits near the fire, just eyeing it.

At the mention of watch, the hand of the little goblin shoots up, Badda do one, Badda hide bushes, no one see Badda, but Badda see them. Badda wake angries if them come.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Bonepicker---

Bonepicker lifts his head up when the goblin volunteers.

"Good goblin Badda, you watch last watch make up for stupid fire trick. No trouble, no fall asleep or all be angry again. Maybe I find you something fun to have at next town if you do good."

Bonpicker looks at Daigoro, "How dark light? You strange, talk funny for part orc. Make Bonepicker laugh. It good you not pretty like Bonepicker, I share extra women with you."
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

30. - Top - End - #30

BlackDragon

Juste

Unpacking his bedroll, Juste lets out a long yawn and talks to himself "well i know i wont be caught unaware", reaching into his pack, Juste pulls out a small bell and a piece of silver string. With his hand glowing blue, He places the small bell next to his bedroll and finishes the spell for alarm, "Alarm you are, awake me you will", with that he gently taps the small bell transfering the blue energy into the object. Being back outside was a great relief from the otherwise cloistered and noisy city for Juste. "I hate cities" . . . reaching back into his pack, Juste produces his beloved lute, its illustrous oak finish glistening like it was still new. He begins playing a small intro before singing the song in a low voice...

"She's got a smile that it seems to me"

"Reminds me of childhood memories"

"Where everything"

"Was as fresh as the bright blue sky"

"Now and then when I see her face"

"She takes me away to that special place"

"And if I'd stare too long"

"I'd probably break down and cry"