New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Airship B-38: All Quiet on Darguun Front (IC V1)

Fibin

"You took care of...? YOU!?

Oh this is terrible! We were supposed to all go together. At the very least I was supposed to go. Now who knows what was said, and what we could've learned. Keeper's Claws!

I suppose I should be grateful that you didn't convince them to swear out warrants for our arrest at least. You didn't, did you? Why couldn't you stay here and torment the gnoll? What do you know of dealing with politicians? It would've been better to send Orien. Oh, this is horrible!"
    Fibin complains, with more than a hint of petulance.
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

2. - Top - End - #152

"Calm down Fibin. I've been around nobles and politicians my entire life, and a woman in a dress like that could chop one of their heads off and they'd still consider it a wonderful first impression." Kleris chuckles, but clears his throat shortly.
    "I think you have the right idea Curra, but I think we should try and dig up some information on this merchant. By all reports, he's supposed to be a well-respected member of the community, so if he's involved with this raiding, things could be worse than we thought." Kleris looks up and sighs. "I really don't like this, looking back into Cyrean history can only lead to pain." Shaking his head, he turns back. "Well, I suppose you should get started on the Gnoll. And as for the new recruits, I'm really in no place to be denying anyone pets."
    Last edited by ArmorArmadillo; 2008-05-14 at 10:44 PM.
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

Curra cast a glare at the gnome, but swallowed her response, as it would most likely have involved her knife at some point, and that never ended well. He ended with a sigh. "I'm just going to talk with the gnoll. I'll come back with a time and place, and how many we can expect to find when we arrive there." She said and started towards the ship. "You guys can do whatever you want." She added over her shoulder. Once she got to the ship, she made a beeline to her room and locked the door as she changed into her armor again. She even mussed her hair a bit for good measure. Was it odd that she felt most at ease wearing ten pounds of armor? She grabbed her chain and wrapped it around herself as well, to complete the look.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Ignored completely by the Helmsman as he busies himself aboard the airship making minor repairs and lovingly staining the wooden railings, Curra (and whomever else accompanies her) return to the Daggerswift with grim business in mind. Preparing for the part, the door to the hold below swings open, the scent of wet dog even more overpowering than before.

Raising his eyes from a half-spilt bowl brown... something edible, the Gnoll bares teeth and narrows his eyes, hissing. "Back to talk now, yes? Will go with my plan, yes?"

5. - Top - End - #155

She narrowed her eyes and in a blur, the chain was dangling across the room, the dagger-like tip just next to the gnoll's head. "Firstly. I have ways to make sure you don't die for a VERY long time. A very long, and very, very painful experience awaits you if you ever so much as think about trying to look scary in my sight again. Clear?" She asked, in a not-really-asking way, and gave a sharp tug on the chain, bringing it's tip out of the wood and back to her hand. "Secondly, you will thank whatever filthy gods you worship that the other towns were safe from your band's attacks." She added. "Thirdly, You're not the one asking questions here. I am. Now, to begin, when exactly is this meeting you speak of taking place?" She asked, twirling the tip of her chain.

Intimidate: (1d20+9)[12](21)
    Sense Motive: (1d20)[7](7)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

The Gnoll flinches away from the chain as it strikes the wood near his head, and looks at you sidelong as you speak. After a moment of thinking and gnawing on his cheeks, the Gnoll speaks again, "Two days. The sun sets and then we meet at first dark."

[You get no feeling one way or the other; he's just a hard one to read.]

7. - Top - End - #157

Kleris looks up toward the ship, and back to Fibin. "Well, I suppose she'll need some alone time to depowder her nose and de-nose the Gnoll. Fibin, the person who had the map commisioned is an Old Cyrean merchant named Montgomery Le Chidle. I think he lives here in town, we should go talk to him." He looks to the two new followers. "Arinon and Methvinharath was it? Why don't yo to come along. I'm interested to hear about you two, and it'd be good to have some support." He chuckles. "Besides, the five of us walking together look like a traveling circus. It might put him in a good mood."

Homebrews:

Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

8. - Top - End - #158

She frowned. Not a lot of time if he was telling the truth. Probably less if he was lying. "Alright, then. How many will be meeting there? Give me numbers." She continued to press the questions as she paced back and forth. "Keep in mind that I get a new rug for my cabin if you decide to test your luck and lie to me." She cautioned. "And I won't even kill you first." She added, giving him an evil, evil smile.

Intimidate: (1d20+9)[11](20)
    Sense Motive: (1d20)[13](13)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Pixie in the Playground

Arinon

He had taken Kleris' hand easily, providing a firm handshake while all of the joking had gone on. Perhaps he had a very acute sense of humor, since he failed to laugh or frown at all with all of the talk about pets and Curra's current look. One had to admit that the elegantly dressed woman might not have even looked the part of a skirmisher but with her attitude it was entirely believable after a while.

He had noticed Fibin come up and voice his opinion which, in all actuality, made pure sense to this paladin here. Unity was important and if one sole person went off on their own without the consensus of the group then they were nothing more than unwanted weight. Nevertheless, he was not judging anyone here. He was new, and as the plans unfolded, he was left with not much to do other than follow Kleris' suggestions.

Walking alongside Meth, the fact they represented different deities meant little in the scheme of the greater good. He would not think differently of any of his comrades nor go on a rampage to convert them all to his sturdy beliefs. He already proposed, in his mind, that he would gladly put his life on the line for any of them. Such was the zeal and sense of unity he intended to hold on to now.

10. - Top - End - #160

Fibin

Fibin looks at Curra before she takes off, actually taking in the sight of her in her splendor for the first time.

"Well, thats true enough. They'd be eating out of her palms, so I guess I don't have to worry about that. But still, I'd have liked to be there. There are probably questions that went unasked.

Oh well. Nothing to do about it now, and no use dwelling on it. Lets go find that old cyrian of yours."

Fibin heads off with the rest.
    The Tangled Web

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Methvinharath

Methvinharath was intrigued by the variety his new squad presented. The paladin's faith did not concern him overmuch. What il-Yannah represented wasn't so much a religion as a way of life. To show that the Light and right could overcome the darkness. Balance in all things held off the darkness.

The angular man smiles as he accompanies the rest of the group. "If you wish, I can link our thoughts for about 30 minutes, though we would need to stay within fifteen feet of each other to retain the full benefits of such silent communication."

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, here's the deal with Mindlink: I can ativate it once/day and augment it by spending my Power Points (I have 6) and would spend 3 to bring in the other three members of our group.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

12. - Top - End - #162

Fibin

Looking to Met, Finin comments, "You can do that? I know of a spell that can let me whisper to people across distances, but not think at them. Usually, I just use Orien, my homunculus.

What are the limits of the spell? How many people can you link? Does it tire you out? Why the limitation on distance?"
    The gnome seems very curious about this new magic, and compares every answer with his own experiences using Orien to communicate.
    The Tangled Web

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

Methvinharath

Methvinharath nods to confirm the gnome's question. "I can manifest it once per day for a total of thirty minutes. Everyone to be included must be within fifteen feet of each other when it is manifested, but afterwards distance is limited only to the same plane." The cleric pauses a moment, then continues, "In total, I can link myself and up to seven others without any lingering effects that I have ever encountered."

14. - Top - End - #164

Fibin

"Fascinating. Tell you what... Save that for now. It may be useful later. I'll leave Orien with Curra, so we can maintain communications." The gnome nods and his little homunculus flits off on feathery wings to go join Curra.

"So, when did you first learn this ability? Did your parents have it, or is it something you had to train for? Have you ever experimented with more than 7 people at a time?"
    The Tangled Web

15. - Top - End - #165

"Manifesting, eh? I never was one for psychically induced nosebleeds. Does activating it require any kind of visible display? If not, I think it'd be best to hold off until we need to communicate privately. Until then, I think we'd do well to find out where this merchant actually is."

Once relevant: Gather Information - (1d20+2)[3]

Homebrews:

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Airship

Shifting slightly to a more comfortable sitting position, the Gnoll seems to consider this for a moment. "Have guesses, no numbers. Packs left not together. I think three other small packs left, maybe three riders each, then big pack stay behind for gathering. Big pack may be five, may be ten, may be more, don't think less. One pink skin in each pack, others have more teeth." He finishes this last statement with an illustrative smile.

[You only have to re-roll if you mix things up/try new tactics.]

Town

The Le Chidle plantation is on the outskirts of town, nearly in the wilderness and entirely isolated for miles around. The closer you get to the homestead you begin to notice distant people in the long fields, working their tools and riding carts loaded with freshly picked grain down the dirt road back to town. The homestead, once you spy it behind a low hill, is a true mansion in every sense of the word, a three story sprawling mass with painted colors so vivid it can't be more than a few years old. The whole place looks crisp and new, in fact; the road has yet to naturally meander, the fence posts are rot-free, the only thing that looks remotely worn out are the field hands themselves.

A few idle workers notice you as you approach the compound, shouting down the path to send a message that visitors are en route. Sure enough, you are greeted at the entry gate to the main home by a wizened looking man in a stark black suit of exceptional tailoring. With an aristocratic drawl, he speaks, "Good Sirs, we welcome you to the Le Chidle homestead. Might I inquire your purpose in coming?"

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Methvinharath
    {backtrack; held onto post too long... Sorry...}
    Methvinharath arches an eyebrow as Fibin sends the homonculous back to the ship. "A strange creature." he says with an obvious interest before continuing. "You could say I was trained in the technique from childhood. It is something of a family trait as well. As I age and grow in power, so too will my ability to bring in more minds to the link."

He turns to Kleris with a blank face. He considers a moment, then replies. "A subtle chime is audible to those within fifteen feet at the time I manifest the power, but only at that time."

{/backtrack}
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-05-15 at 02:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

Curra half-glared at the gnoll, and stepped out of the room for a moment, long enough to let Orien slip inside. She returns quickly with a map of the local area and a pen, laying the map out in front of the gnoll. "Where is the meeting supposed to happen?" She asked.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

Arinon

He had listened in on the special ability Meth had and looked at Orien for the first time in minor wonder. He had definitely become part of a rather interesting group and he was sure that he'd compliment them somehow. He stayed silent for the most part but he definitely listened in on the whole conversation, getting to know mannerisms and general characters as best as he could along the way.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Airship

The Gnoll's ears and tail all seem to sink simultaneously as Curra produces the map. Staring at it uncomfortably, the Gnoll says after a moment, "I know the river there," indicating a curved blue streak between two low hills. "We crossed it together, at the beginning of the journey, and we were to cross it again at the close, but..." glancing up quickly, "...that is as far as I can say now. The big pack was to let us know where to find them. Lead us in with scent and markings."

21. - Top - End - #171

She marked the river between the low hills with her pen and furled the sheet. She still didn't like this. "How many giants were working with you? There were three with your pack. Was it the same for every pack?" She asked as she did the math in her head. Around 20 gnolls, maybe more, three humans, and however many ogres remained. Then anything else the humans brought with them... She was beginning to be thankful she'd asked for the reinforcements. Plus, they'd be marching on a fortified position, without concrete knowledge of it's location. The reinforcements would definitely be useful in this one...
    Last edited by Admiral Squish; 2008-05-15 at 09:10 PM.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172

Fibin

Fibin smiles as they are greeted and replies "Greetings and Well Met, Sir! We seek an audience with Montgomery Le Chidle. Is he available?"

Orien

Orien perches above the gnoll, looking down at him, and the map. With a hiss, it says "Ask him about the markings too."
    Last edited by Asmodeus; 2008-05-15 at 09:39 PM.
    The Tangled Web

23. - Top - End - #173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Airship

Tilting his head and thinking, the Gnoll after a moment says, "No know how many Giants we have. Small Chief take who would come through forest, and I know a lot of Giants were wanting to come, maybe two dozen together. Most of clan Gnoll like me, like Small Chief."

Le Chidle Mansion

Looking down his nose at you all, the man in the suit says airily, "The Master is away riding at the present moment, alas. I would be more than willing however to consult his schedule for a time over the next month in which he would-"

"Monthy! The boy said we have visitors!" A boisterous voice cuts the servant off, sending a visible angry twitch through his face as he slowly turns back toward the house to watch the latecomer. From out of the swinging doors comes a middle-aged man, slightly balding and with a growing double chin but the absolute widest grin you've ever seen grace a human face. He's wearing a simple brown leather vest over and expensive shirt and slowly rolling around red brandy in a clear glass as he marches up definitively beside the first man. Nodding at each of you in turn, he says in a loud steady tone, "Well don't stand there Monthy, introduce us all and make them welcome, for never let it be said that I, the great Lord Le Chidle," his voice at this reaches a rehearsed self mocking pitch and his actions become momentarily overly dramatized, "have ever let a caller leave either empty or sober."

24. - Top - End - #174

Kleris smiles and clasps his hands. "Just the kind of attitude I like! Sir Le Chidle, we're some representatives of the Brelish. We have a few questions to ask you, but nothing to urgent that we can't squeeze in a drink or two." He chuckles. "After all, without wine there is no conversation."

Homebrews:

25. - Top - End - #175

Two dozen? Now she was really thankful for the reinforcements... No time to dwell, though. "You heard the little one, tell me about the markings. And who is this 'Small Chief'?" She grilled the captive, placing the map aside and twirling her chain once more.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Airship

The Gnoll smiles at the mention of the Small Chief, though not with any kind of malice. It almost looks like... Pride. "Easy. Small Chief is Big Chief son. He wanting to become Big Chief of own Clan, so he take warriors across forest to make money and will come home rich Big Chief. Have many wives when he come home. Give me one too if I come home with him."

Craning his neck to get a better view of the map, the Gnoll nods in recognition. "The pinkie make the lines between cities. Making some kind of guide or directions. The crosses are the houses we burned already."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Le Chidle Mansion

Laughing heartily and slapping Kleris' back, Le Chidle guides your group down the path to his door. "Now that's what I like to hear! Come, make yourselves at home and tell me all about yourselves, starting with some names if you don't mind." Half turning to the other man, he bellows, "Monthy! You're useless; go tell the kitchen to heat some bread and to crack open a fresh bottle then go deal with the dogs or something." The second man seems as though he's about to speak, but decides against it, marching towards the back entrance of the mansion as you proceed.

28. - Top - End - #178

Amazing how driven males can get with the promise of a mate. In drow society, the women got their pick of mates! They weren't given away like medals or trophies! She cleared that away. The business at hand required her attention. what else did they need to know? Think! They had time, date, place, numbers... Was that all? "Little guy, you got anything we should ask this miserable mutt before we decide if we let him live?" She asked Orien, though she kept her gaze on the gnoll.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179

Fibin

Fibin introduces himself, and follows along. He's curious why Monthly said the lord of the manner was absent, and muddled it over in his mind as he followed Kleris. Kleris seemed to have formed a connection with the fellow already, so Fibin would let him take the point in the conversation, just adding in commentary and questions as he saw fit.

Orient

"The Markings...

And may I see the map? I want to see the lines he spoke of."
    The Tangled Web

30. - Top - End - #180
    Pixie in the Playground

Arinon

"I am Arinon, it is a pleasure to meet you"

The prospect of drinking didn't entice him at all, but the warmth of the conversation already between Kleris and the man they were to ask questions to was comforting. He'd follow here and allow them to guide the conversation's path since he was not completely sure what to ask for yet.