New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: Airship B-38: All Quiet on Darguun Front (IC V1)

Airship

The markings on the map are handwritten scribbles; each minon human settlement is indicated by a circle with a small note next to it giving soem description (usually just a couple words like 'Farm' or 'Logging Post'). Between some of these settlements are lines and routes with what appear to be estimated travel times between them, ranging from an hour to most of a day. The times add up all told to roughly four days plus sleep and breaks, and the distances indicated would indicate a pace of mounted humans or fast moving monsters.

At the sound of Curra's words, the Gnoll's ears fly up and he stammers, "You not know how Brown Tooth smell! You need me to lead for you! Is good reason for me to live!"

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Le Chidle Mansion

Engaging in some small talk (unusual weather for this time of year, apparently), Lord Le Chidle guides you into his mansion through oversided doors and into a foyer larger than some barracks you've been stationed in. He points out the various pieces of art, many of them recovered relics from the Mournland, or as he refers to it, 'My lost heart and soul', and all of them are extremely expensive. Monthy heads off into the back kitchen after consulting briefly with your host, pledging to return shortly with brandy and various sugar breads to keep you alert and in good form, and Le Chidle leads you off into a significantly smaller receiving room, complete with ornate red leather chairs into one of which he drops himself.

Taking a long gulp from his goblet, he belches quietly and turns back to you. "So, Brelish Military. I take it your here on official business? You'll be drinking heavily regardless, so no need to embellish for some silly little rules of conduct." He leans back and smiles, waiting expectantly for your reply.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kleris sips politely from his cup and leans back in his chair. "You're right on all accounts sir. Don't worry though, Mr. Le Chidle, this is an ongoing investigation and it seems to just touch on you peripherally. We believe you may have been the victim of a petty theft perpetrated as part of a large brigand group's activities." Kleris sips again and takes a bite of sweet bread. "Have you by chance purchased a map of the area recently?"
    Gnoll Paladin with Zanbatou Avatar by Oregano.

Homebrews:

Quote Originally Posted by ExHunterEmerald
    Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Le Chidle looks at Kleris for a good long moment not saying a word, then takes another long moment to drain his glass before continuing, "It's possible, I suppose. My people make purchases all the time, and I can't say I know about all of them. Is there any particular map you're asking about, and is there a particular reason you believe I may know about it?"

5. - Top - End - #185

Kleris pulls the map from a case and unrolls it on the table. "Well, I haven't traced it back to you in particular. I know that a man of your considerable resources has many subordintes, and any one of them could have had this." Kleris sips his drink again. "Still, if you happen to recognize this particular map, it could help us put this whole thing behind us."

Homebrews:

Incidentally, Armadillo, I'd suggest you were hit by a spark of inspiration, but that would knock your armor off.

6. - Top - End - #186

{OOC: I'm confused. Who has the map? Curra, or Kleris?
    The Tangled Web
    Our PbP games don't stop just because its Comic Day.

A Guide to Making Tactical Maps

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

(I don't have the map. I got a map of the area from the helm, and brought it back. Kleris has the map.)
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

The Mansion

Le Chidle stares blankly at the map without saying a word, absentmindedly taking his empty glass and attempting to take a swig. Collecting himself after a moment, he turns back to the group. "Why, I've never seen that map before in my life, of course. I don't even recognize it. Where is it a map of? I mean, I can see it's a map of the area, but I mean where did you find it, and with whom, and who exactly told you I knew about it? Because they were most assuredly mistaken, most assuredly and completely. And of course as men of the guard you, I mean I would certainly help you in any possible way if I knew a thing about maps and map making and all that nonsense. I mean I'd certainly tell you the truth about what I knew about maps, of course." The pace of his words steadily increase to a gallop, with one word tumbling over the last and the order becoming almost impossible to follow as beads of sweat begin to blossom about Le Chidle's forehead.

Turning in his chair towards the closed entry door, Le Chidle shouts in a barely controlled voice, "Monthy! Go fetch some of the meat for- for our very special guests, a-a-a-and then go see to the dogs, would you?"

A familiar weary aristocratic voice answers back from outside the shut doors, "Sir, I really do think our guests ought to be leaving shortly if you are to keep your schedule-"

"NONSENSE! Do as I say!" Le Chidle cuts in, turning back to the group with a wet red face and a plastic smile, "No good help these days, eh boys? Now, do tell me about where you found this map again?"

9. - Top - End - #189

Kleris sips again from his drink, and raises his head with a smile. "Sir Le Chidle, I'm sure you remember the Day of Mourning. I remember it very clearly. I was training as a Druid in the Eldeen Reaches, and we all felt the shock of the nature when it hit us. The Ashbound among us said it was the backlash of Khorvaire's magical experimentation. The Gatekeepers said it was the doing of otherworldly abominations. The Children of Winter said some nonsense about the path to destruction. We Wardens just kind of sat there and felt awful." He sips again, this time looking down. "It was more horrible than anything we'd ever experienced. If it was Aundair...I don't know where I'd be right now. Sir Le Chidle, I feel horrible for what's happened to you, I'm sure many people do." Another sip. "But that only goes so far. I know you're lying. I know you had this map commissioned, I've had it confirmed and not just by rumor. Moreover, the hectic manner of your denial shows me very clearly that you not only are lying but are trying to hide it." Another sip. "I've been lied to by professionals, Sir Le Chidle, and you aren't one. Now, given your situation I'm more than willing to give you the benefits of more than one doubt, and give you a chance to get out of this hole before you've dug your way to Khyber. But you have to tell me the truth. Now."

Diplomacy - (1d20+6)[16]

Homebrews:

10. - Top - End - #190
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Airship

As the Gnoll pouts in a corner and avoids your eye contact, you begin to notice sounds coming from above deck. Light steps and calm voices at first, then subtly more commanding voices seem to be emanating from the dock side of the vessel. You can't make out anything other than quick muffled chatter through the bulkheads, but you know you are hearing at least two distinct voices. Finally, the voices become full-on shouts, and the light steps turn into a rapid series of circulating stomps.

The Gnoll raises his eyes and an odd look passes over his face. Not of fear, not of joy, just a flat... uncertainty. "The pinkies come for me..."

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

The Mansion

At the mention of the Day of Mourning, all the fear evaporates from Le Chidle's face and is replaced by something colder, something... uglier. He sits. And listens. And stares. And stews. And when Kleris finishes, he continues to sit. And stare. And stew. You can almost feel the burn of the steam coming off him as he opens his mouth again to speak.

"You... You have no... Right." He says, not moving a muscle in his chair as his skin cycles through all the shades from bone white to ultraviolet. "You have no right. To mention the Day of Mourning in my presence, you filthy, Southland w*ores." Jumping to his feet and spinning to the closed door, Le Chidle screams at the top of his lungs, "MMOONNTTHHYYYY!!!"

A beat passes in complete silence, and then the doors erupt inwards to reveal five snarling Hellhounds looking rather underfed.

Initiative Order:
    Kleris - (d20+2)[5]
    Meth - (d20+1)[10]
    Fibin - (d20+2)[7]
    Arinon (Don't have your character sheet, so I'm assuming a +2 Mod; let us know the real mod and we'll adjust accordingly) - (d20+2)[22]
    Bad Guys - (d20)[3]

Map (Let me know if you want to know what something is on the map):
    Spoiler
    Show

EDIT: The Board Roller will only roll a 1 or a 20. It's amazing.
    Last edited by Morituri; 2008-05-20 at 12:19 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192

"They underestimate your captor, then. Only two? I might not even break a sweat." Curra commented as she headed for the door. "Sit tight, you two. I'll be back in a second." She opened the door a tiny crack and slipped out through the opening, creeping up the stairs. She peered around the corner, trying to see the invaders, and keeping her ears sharp for any new sounds that might give away more about the duo, all the while staying out of sight.

Spot: (1d20+9)[6](15)
    Listen: (1d20+9)[7](16)
    Hide: (1d20+12)[4](16)
    Move Silently: (1d20+12)[9](21)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Methvinharath
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 44/44; Init: 10
    AC: 22 (t11/ff21)

"Subtle, Kleris," the priest murmurs as he stands and readies his shield and mace. Meth nods to le Chidle. "The Path of Light will still accept you. Recant and repent, before it is too late and this Age comes to an end! Balance is essential to stem the coming tide!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: Add Wisdom Mod (+3) to AC for 6 rounds. I'll apply it to my tags at the top next round in case something happens before my action. Just noticed my spell selections never applied, other than my Domain spells... Grrr... I could swear I'd finished putting my gear and spells on there!
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

Arinon
    HP:51/51
    AC:24

He had watched this entire conversation and noticed it was starting to grow sour. The man was obviously hiding something and now he attempted to flee before they got the information they wanted. If there was one thing this man truly hated, it was people like that man who could not confront their sins and repent. The Silver Flame's wrath would surely incinerate this man for what he has done and what he has intended to do here. It was clear that he, as a devoted paladin of the Flame would be used as an instrument to do so now!

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: The real init mod is +1 but given my awesome roll it was irrelevant here hehe. Here is the link to my profile. Have to adjust inventory a bit but will definitely do so soon. Arinon

Without even hesitating, he rushed after Le Chidle, drawing his longsword and trying to apprehend him without killing him first, so he attempted to block his escape if possible. His armor didn't give him much of an advantage to catch the man but it was clear that his group needed that man alive to extract what they needed out of him. It was the hounds that became the hindrance. Rushing forward, he positioned himself infront of the others and brought out his tower shield as well. "May the Silver Flame guide us to victory!"
    Last edited by Colvin Arenios; 2008-05-20 at 02:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195

Fibin
    HP: 32/32
    AC: 18(vt 13:ff 16)

Fibin draws his crossbow and loads it, taking aim at their host, hopefully deterring him from running off.
    The Tangled Web

16. - Top - End - #196

Kleris glances at the hellhounds and back at Le Chidle. "I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this. But if you're trafficking with dark beasts, then you've already crossed one line too many." Kleris pulls out his feather and leaf and begins tracing runic symbols. A shimmering series of runes begins to form in a circle around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Begin casting Summon Nature's Ally III, sacrificing Wind Wall. To summon (1d3)[2] Small Elementals.

Homebrews:

17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Airship

Quietly sneaking up the staircase, Curra cracks open the Starboard stairwell door and peers around the corner as the sounds of shouts, threats and fighting fill her ears. In the light of the evening sun, she can see Helmsman Bostwick pinned against the wall as two assailants dressed like porters try to slip knives between his ribs. His normally immaculate shirt is ripped and stained with blood, and a shortsword is wavering in two clutched hands as he pants and dodges. A third assailant is walking directly toward the stairwell, a wicked notched blade in his hands and a sickening grin on his face...

Init:
    Curra (d20+6)[18] (You get a surprise round and may act immediately, followed by normal initiative)
    Bostwick (d20+4)[18]
    Bad Guys (d20+2)[17]

Airship Map:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

Curra hops out of the door frame in a blur, then hopping backward, her hand on her hip. Suddenly, a whirling wooden disk flies at the unsuspecting thief advancing towards the brig.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to 1-17 and attack with a boomerang
    Attack: (1d20+9)[9](18)
    Damage: (1d6+3)[2](5)
    Skirmish: (1d6+1)[6](7)

Since I won initiative, that means I get a second turn before them, right?
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

(God D*** schitzophrenic roller...)

Mansion

Le Chidle's eyes narrow at the drawn weapons in his face and smiles grimly, "I'm not planning on running. I'm here to watch what my puppies do best. KILL!!!" At this word, the waiting Hell Hounds all bound forward, rushing your party and attacking with sickening efficiency.

Three Hounds all immediately leap at Arinon, as the closest and most obvious target. Their teeth and claws rip at his armor as he feels the heat of the flame off their tongues lash through the slits...

HH1 Attack (d20+5)[19]
    Damage (1d8+1)[6], Fire (d6)[5]

HH2 Attack (d20+5)[15]
    Damage (1d8+1)[6], Fire (d6)[5]

HH2 Attack (d20+7)[8] (Flanking off HH1)
    Damage (1d8+1)[3], Fire (d6)[1]

(Let me know what square you're in.)

A fourth Hound bound over chairs and dropped glasses, charging the cleric Methvinharath and attacking with full force.

HH4 Attack (d20+7)[17] (Charge)
    Damage (1d8+1)[4], Fire (d6)[1]

The fifth Hound saunters in slowly and menacingly, watching his brothers as they attack the Paladin. Its ribs inflate, its nostrils flare, and a cone of flame washes over the four locked combatants.

HH5 Fire Damage (DC 13 Reflex Half) (2d6)[9]

[Arinon's up; you can and probably should post out of order if your action likely won't be screwed up via other player's actions.]

EDIT:

Confirming fumble for HH3 (If it fails to hit your AC, you may have an AoO against it). [roll]d20+7[/roll]
    Last edited by Morituri; 2008-05-20 at 08:40 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

OOC: I remember that you can't add new rolls in threads. *cough* Yes.

(d20+7)[15]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Airship

A stunned look passes over the near Thug's face as Curra emerges from the door. Half turning, he manages to shout over his shoulder, "YOU SAID THEY WERE GON-AAARGHH!!!", the latter statement prompted by a razor boomerang deflecting off his cheek and taking an ear off the side of his face before bounding off a wall and scattering on the floor of the ship.

[Your go again, Curra .]

22. - Top - End - #202

Curra grinned wickedly and ran forward, seemingly charging, but suddenly sliding underneath the wounded thug, bringing her bladed chain up as she went through his legs, the wicked spines and blades seeking his most sensitive areas before she came to her feet on the other side of him, ripping the last of the spines free.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumbling to I-14 and attacking with her chain.
    Tumble: (1d20+14)[17](31)
    Attack: (1d20+9)[9](18)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[4](8)
    Skirmish: (1d6+1)[4](5)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

Orien

Orien follows Curra, but does not engage any enemies. Instead, he will take cover and watch the battle, offering shouts of warning, should he see any enemies sneaking up on Curra or one of the crew.
    The Tangled Web

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Methvinharath
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 44/44; Init: 10
    AC: 25 (t14/ff24)

Reacting easily to the hell hound's rush, Methvinharath brings his mace to bear on the beast. "You have chosen, poorly, Le Chidle," he calls over his shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, next time we split up, I'm definitely using mindlink, if I haven't already done so that day...
    Reflex - (1d20+3)[21]; in case I'm included, though I don't think it's the case...
    Attack - (1d20+8)[24]
    Crit - (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage - (1d8+3)[5]
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

25. - Top - End - #205

Fibin
    HP: 32/32
    AC: 18(vt 13:ff 16)

Fibin aims his crossbow towards the nearest hellhound, but instead of firing the bolt, he attempts to activate the wand within the weapon's wand chamber, and fire a pair of magic missiles towards the beast.

UMD - (1d20+18)[29] DC 20
    Mods: +2CHA, +9Ranks, +3Circumstance, +2Artificer, +2Competence

Magic Dmg - (2d4+2)[7]
    The Tangled Web

26. - Top - End - #206

Kleris finishes his divine motions and the runic circle around him disperses and reforms as two circles next to a hellhound. Swirls of sand begin to blow out of the circles and begin to take on a compact, vaguely human form.

"Smother those flames, and send the beasts back below."

Spoiler
    Show
    Summon two Earth Elementals, flanking HH2 (Or another if it's already dead)
    Each Power Attack for 2.
    Elly1 - (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage1 - (1d6+7)[10]
    Elly2 - (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage2 - (1d6+7)[9]

"Now, to turn for a little more specialized advantage. Kleris begins a similar series of divine gestures.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sacrifice Cure Moderate to start casting Summon Nature's Ally III
    again.

Homebrews:

27. - Top - End - #207

Roll to confirm for Elly 1.
    Attack - (1d20+8)[20]
    Crit Damage - (1d6+7)[9]

Homebrews:

28. - Top - End - #208
    Dwarf in the Playground

Goblin

Airship

The thugs screams of pain cease as Curra rips her chain free with enough force to send the man flying across the deck... and his severed leg flying over the railing. In the stunned silence that follows, the Helmsman recovers first, making a lunge for the controls and earning a fresh cut across his flank from the farthest thug. He staggers and goes to one knee, but manages to get up and brace against the top step [G8].

In a fury, both attackers rush you, attacking wildly with drawn knives as they try to gut you with strong thrusts...

Thug2 (H13) - Attack (d20+6)[8], Damage (d4+2)[3]

Thug3 (I13) - Attack (d20+6)[7], Damage (d4+2)[5]

[You get some AoOs here if you've got your chain.]

The Mansion

The combined blows of Methvinharath's mace and Fibin's missiles bloody and stagger the Hound at the Cleric's front, though the creature shakes off his wound and snarls anew.

[I'll wait for Arinon to determine the Elemental attacks.]

EDIT: ...That's just sad. Free Trip attack attempt against T3 if you want it.
    Last edited by Morituri; 2008-05-22 at 12:41 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209

Spoiler
    Show
    Humuahahaha
    AoO 1: (1d20+9)[6](15)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[4](8)
    Skirmish: (1d6+1)[3](4)
    AoO 2: (1d20+9)[5](14)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[2](6)
    Skirmish: (1d6+1)[5](6)
    Trip attempt (touch): (1d20+9)[14](23)
    Strength Check: (1d20+2)[10](12)
    Let's see how these turn out before I move on.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210

As the two thugs charge her, she lets her chain out to it's full length and spins it around her waist, each end striking one thug in their headlong charge. The first attacker's blade scrapes across the chestplate of Curra's armor. The second is dodged easily, and seizing an opportunity, Curra wraps one end of the chain around the dodged thug's ankle, and giving it a hardy yank. Not wasting any time, she leaps over the thug, not even looking to see if he fell, landing in a roll, then leaping aside as the roll finished, sweeping her chain for the first thug again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble to H-11, attacking thug 2.
    Tumble: (1d20+14)[10](24)
    Attack: (1d20+9)[4](13)
    Damage: (1d6+4)[6](10)
    Skirmish: (1d6+1)[3](4)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show