New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cable City IC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Default Cable City IC

You are all asleep in your beds as the cathedral clock strikes midnight. A deep voice echoes in your dreams...

"The game begins... now."

Hours later, you awaken.

((Feel free to make up locations, people, etc. I will add them to the setting details.))
    Last edited by Xerxes Shadow; 2008-10-27 at 01:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormthorn View Post
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cable City IC

Vincent Ashlocke awoke from his dingey gutter in what had become the "Slum district" over the past few years he had been here. The gutter itself was not all that dingey, but what filled it. The grim, muck, and slime made the entire experiance not entirely enjoyable espiecally seeing as how it enjoyed to stick to his bandages when he awoke. This would often be fixed by bathing in the local "Church of Saint Mary II" bathing areas for the poor, and homeless.
    While today had been realtively uneventful his numerous scars, and markings told him that terouble was on the way, and that he needed to keep his freinds close, and his enemies CLOSER.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

It is seven o'clock. The cheap alarm clock squeals and shrieks happily, stopping only when it is reduced to so much dust by a blow so hard that the legs of the bedside table buckle. Jacquelyn Eva Pierce-Roswell grunts and rolls back over, pulling the covers tight around herself. Morning is unnecessary.

Yet the alluring smells of breakfast wafting through the small apartment tickle her nose, and, sitting up on her elbows, Jacquelyn hears fragments of a quiet, cheery tune being whistled in the vicinity of the kitchen. Nicole, it seems, is making breakfast.

"Jacki! Pull yourself out of bed. You've been asleep for, like, hours."

Jacquelyn buries herself deeper into the soft blankets.

"Yeah, yeah...just a few more minutes..."

"I've made biscuits."

The Asian-American girl groans.

"That's downright unfair."

Drawn on by the promise of a freshly baked breakfast, Jacquelyn slides slowly out of bed and wraps a robe about her naked body. She shuffles into the kitchen, sticking her tongue out at Nicole as she passes. Nicole, however, just smiles warmly and hands over a mug of steaming coffee.

"Good morning, Jacki."

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The city was a mess. Ganglords and their factions fight for street dominance while innocent citizens are caught in the crossfire. Collateral damage is at an all time high. The police don't do a thing to stop these rampent murderers engaging in their bloody sports. The streets are no longer safe for the unarmed or unprotected, the city is no place for a peaceful life. In this grim, dark city, one man stands against the tyranny. One man brings criminals to justice. One man is the defender of good and the bane of evil. One man fights against evil.

Unfortunately, that one man called in sick today, so it was Captain Dashing's turn to fill in for him today, as allocated by Heroes for Hire Inc.

The Captain walked, or in the eyes of passersby, blurred down the sidewalk on one of the many streets of the city. He cared not for which district he was in, for crime was everywhere.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-10-27 at 09:55 AM.
    I drew this line myself

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

After finshing his various udties at the church and heading down to his workplace in the southern section of the slum district where he had assumed the inconspicous identity of the shawled, and slightly disfigured Jhon Smith.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

((All right, it's time for colors. Fanboy gets red, Djinn gets purple, Blockhead gets blue, Ear Pain gets white-with-black-background, and Miata gets green.))

A coworker approaches! "Hey, John, what's up?" he asks, with a look of slight pity in his eyes. You recollect that this man is named John as well, although he goes by Johnny. He has always tried very hard to be your friend and make things easier for you, seeing that you have no place to live and all.

The smoke alarm goes off. People from your building run down the stairs in various stages of morning-face, and there appears to be smoke wafting down as well.

After zipping past what seems to be hundreds of street corners and angry drivers, you finally come upon a chance to prove your heroic worth! Three muggers are attacking an elderly woman in the alley next to you, and haven't noticed you yet.
    The closest thing to humor in my previous RP experiance was a time when my bard was accused of rape. So...im new to that aspect.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

(Ironicly that is also my speech color that I have planned for this guy. Go go super convience powers!)
    "John" turned to speak with Jhonny after he finished placing the crate he had been lifting up with feigned diffculty to a high shelf.
    "Oh, hey Jhonny. Nothing much here. Yourself?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Yuki finally left the airport after what had seemed like an almost endless flight, and even more endless security checks and other hold ups. This was all over now though, and she got her first good look from the hill on which the airport was located on the underlying city.

"So this is Cable City. Crime is everywhere in this town, or so they say back home. Well lo and behold criminal elements, for this place has a new hero now. For I, the mighty Yuki Kasai, descendant of a proud lineage of noble warriors, defender of the weak, protector of the innocent, shall cleanse this place of your wickedness, and furthermore..."

She was interrupted by the rumbling of her stomach.

"...will I just generally be kicking ass here. Anyway, better find a place to get some food now, I'm starving. After that I should probably set out for the appartment I rented for my stay here and check it out."

And with those words, she set out to explore the unknown streets of the city.

9. - Top - End - #9

PirateCaptain

The Captain noticed the three muggers and silently thanked whatever higher power would be listening. Strolling up to the entrance to the alley, Captain Dashing assumed a heroic pose, with the sun gleaming off his left shoulder.

"Halt Evil Do-ers! Let that citizen go!" He commanded, a gleam sparkling off his pearly white teeth while he pointed a blue gloved finger at the criminals.
    I drew this line myself

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

"Jesus, who are you?" asks one of the muggers, smirking. "Captain Dorky?" He flicks out a switchblade and walks towards you. You suddenly notice that he is burlier than the others and they seem to be following him.

After wandering about the city for a long time, you find yourself at the docks. A shady-looking, trenchcoat-wearing man walks up to you and silently motions towards a nearby alleyway.

"Same ol', same ol'. Say..." he hesitates, looking uncomfortable. "You wanna crash at my place tonight? It's nothing special, but, you know, you, y-you know, er, being in your financial position..." He is so uncomfortable right now that his ears are practically on fire.
    Last edited by Xerxes Shadow; 2008-10-27 at 08:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11

PirateCaptain

"I am..." Dashing pulled another heroic pose. "...Captain Dashing!" At those words, the Captain began running around the three criminals with incredible speed, throwing punches and kicks at every point on the crooks bodies. He then stopped and let the criminals began their senses after the dizzing experience. "I'm over here!" He taunted. "No wait, I'm over here!" With lightning speed he moved behind the criminals. "Or over here!" He said, having entered a nearby building and ran to the roof. "Or maybe I'm here!" Cried Captain Dashing as he ran kicked the three criminals with amazing speed into a nearby set of trashcans. "Just doing my job ma'am." He said to the old woman. "And... err... have a nice day?" The Captain pulled a sheet of paper out of his pocket. "Ah yes, have a nice day for evil cannot withstand the awesome speed of justice!" The Captain pulled a final heroic pose and ran off out of the alley way.

After he was several blocks away he jumped in the air, thrusting his fist into the sky. "WOOHOO! Oh yeah! Go Dashing! Go Dashing!" He said as he wurled his hands around in a circular motion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry if I was meant to roll for anything, but I couldn't resist just posting all the without stopping for formalities. If you need me to roll I'll edit my post.
    I drew this line myself

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

((That's... five details, by my count. Decide which are attack and which are defense, then roll.))
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

PirateCaptain

4 Yang Die and 1 Yin Die. Calling upon my kickboxing trait for attack, which is 4 and my super-speed for defence, which is 5.

Attack:

[roll]d6[/roll]
    [roll]d6[/roll]
    [roll]d6[/roll]
    [roll]d6[/roll]

Defence:

[roll]d6[/roll]
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-10-27 at 09:21 PM.
    I drew this line myself

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

((You have five details in your description, so you roll 5d6. Decide which are yin (attack) dice and which are yang (defense) dice. Then roll them all seperately.))
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, editted spoiler post to match
    I drew this line myself

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

((You can't roll in edits, actually. It helps keep from cheaters. This is the main reason I prefer off-site rollers.))
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

PirateCaptain

Ah, I see that would explain it. I was getting rather frustrated.

Attack:

(d6)[2]
    (d6)[6]
    (d6)[4]
    (d6)[6]

Defence:

(d6)[2]

Two attack successes and a defence success.
    Last edited by Blockhead; 2008-10-27 at 09:23 PM.
    I drew this line myself

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

You have staved off the knives of the angry muggers! However, in your cheering and celebration, you realize you saw one of them get back up. You turn around and see him stagger towards the old woman, but then he crashes to the ground once more. Victory has come upon you!

Then the old lady clutches at her chest and falls over.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGirl

"Something's very odd about this guy. I wonder what he wants."

With these thoughts in mind, Yuki follows the guy, but not without being cautious and keeping her guard up.

20. - Top - End - #20

PirateCaptain

Captain Dashing slapped his head. "Doh!" He quickly ran back to the scene (which took mere seconds) and tried to help the old lady up.
    I drew this line myself

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

She doesn't respond. You check for her pulse, but... (le gasp!) It is incredibly faint! She seems to have had a heart attack or something.

"Want some 'special candy?'" he questions after you are tucked deep within the alley. "I got X, weed, and the white stuff, but not here. At the hideout." He stops you before you can make a sound. "Now, I know you really will be interested in this... why else would you be at the docks right now? You must be the one I'm supposed to meet. Come on, I have the 'cocktail sauce' back at our base. Follow me." He grabs your arm and pulls you towards a nearby beat-up van.
    Last edited by Xerxes Shadow; 2008-10-27 at 09:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

NinjaGirl

"Must... resist... urge... to smack him right now. If I can keep my calm now, he will lead me to a place full of like minded thugs. Looks like my first day of smiting evil in this town will be more eventful than I had expected it to be."

Yuki smiles to herself, just barely surpressing a grin.

"Yeah, I am who you are looking for. Lead the way please."

23. - Top - End - #23

PirateCaptain

Panicing, Captain Dashing attempted to perform CPR on the old lady, trying to stir up a heartbeat. Unfortunetly, this was done at break-neck speed, breaking the fragile lady's ribs and more than certainly killing her. Looking around quickly and seeing no-one was around, Dashing picked up the old woman and put her in an empty trashcan, whistling. After making sure no-one had seen him, he ran off at high speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Permission to change my weakness from Cocky/Arrogant to uncontrollable use of super-speed. Seems more funny and actually more of a weakness than cocky/arrogant, as you can see with the old lady
    I drew this line myself

24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground

Bleary-eyed, Jacquelyn gazes absently at the smoke slowly wafting in the open window until her mind realizes what the wailing sirens mean.

"Ah. Fire."

Both she and Nicole seem decidedly unconcerned about the situation.

"Just don't leave a mess, alright?"

"I'll try. Now toss me one of those biscuits."

Nicole spins around, deftly flicking one directly onto Jacquelyn's plate, and then returns to her cooking. Jacquelyn picks up the biscuit, turning it over and over in her hand, then takes aim, hurls it from the window of the seventh story apartment...

Her senses spring forth from her physical body, tearing through the building at incomprehensible speeds. Molecules and atoms fountain grasp at her, solid forms try to bar her way, and powerful gravitational forces pull inexorably at her conscious...and all fail, for here Jacquelyn Eva Pierce-Roswell is master, and they but pawns.

She dances along the walls on lines of radiant power, drifting through the building in search of the offending flame. The heat erupts around her, and Jacquelyn gathers it to her, pulling energy from the empty air, and bringing the raging inferno into herself. The fire is quelled...now all that remains is to find an outlet to take the burden. Jacquelyn's psyche leaps from within the walls, flying through space to a tiny object, falling from the seventh story...

...and watches as it ignites in mid-air, turned to ash in but a second by the force of the heat running through it.

Jacquelyn smiles grimly at her victory, then sighs wistfully.

"Damn. I was looking forward to eating that."

Ingredients

2oz Djinn
    5oz Water
    1 Lime Wedge

Instructions

Pour Djinn and tonic water into a glass filled with ice cubes. Stir well. Garnish with lime wedge. Serve.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

After about five minutes of driving, you arrive at a warehouse that looks just as dingy and beat-up as the van. You both get out and walk into the building. Inside, there are around six or seven "gangsta" punks lounging near the walls and one shelf. Another door lies at the end of the warehouse, and the dealer leads you to it, not stopping to talk to the punks. As he opens the door, you see an unexpected scene... a tiny, sterile-white room with curved corners. A blast door-looking barrier blocks access to the second half of the cell. A cool, dispassionate female voice says, "Screening..." There is a several-minute delay, after which it says, "Welcome back, Dr. Bardica." The blast door opens up to reveal a cavernous room of the same sterile white, filled with control panels, chemistry tables, and scientists going about their business. "Dr. Bardica" turns to you and speaks. "Okay, whoever you are... this is an Arrowhead chem-lab. You know what you're here for. If you need anything, I'll be in that room over there." He points to one of the many doors set into the far wall.

A fire truck squeals onto the scene outside, where a crowd of confused onlookers stands, mouths agape. Various whispers and shouts of "Did you see that?" and "Holy ****!" drift up from the mob, who apparently are mystified by the sudden dissapearance of the fire and explosion of a flying biscuit.

((...you coldhearted *******. Anyway, yeah, the change is fine. That passage made me laugh maniacally.))
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26

PirateCaptain

Down on his luck, Captain Dashing sat down on a nearby bench wallowing in his own sorrows. A newspaper sheet blew through the wind and wrapped itself around Dashing's face. Pulling it away, Dashing read the article.

Spoiler
    Show
    Changed weakness, allowing you to advance the story through the newspaper
    I drew this line myself

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

The article reads as follows. "Down on your luck? Wallowing in your own sorrows on a park bench? We can help. With one use of our Superb Cocktail (patent pending), you'll get these problems out of your life in no time! Just pay us a visit for your FREE TRIAL!" It lists an address that appears to be a warehouse near the docks.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

PirateCaptain

"What the heck." Said Dashing, getting up from the bench and walking (or rather blurring) his way over to the docks. In mere minutes he was standing outside the insignificent warehouse. From the outside it looked no different from any other docks warehouse, but the Captain was sure he had read the address right. Glancing around he knockhed on a small iron door to the side of the warehouse and awaited any signs of life.
    I drew this line myself

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Vincent bored with work, and done with his shift several tmes over deides its time to go home, and drop his "John" alter ego, and deal what he deals best. VENGENACE!.
    Donning the atypical crimsion mantle of his bloody past, and taing Cereburus from its hidden holster within he set out into the night his cape billowing behind him as he sprinted forth, leping from building to building... hunting the wicked.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

Someone who could only be described as a "homie" answers the door. "Yo, you here 'bout the free trial, foo'? Step inside." As you do so, you see a door in the back close and catch a glimpse of a trenchcoat and a sterile white room beyond. Surveying the rest of the room, it continues to look exactly like your typical warehouse, except for the drugs on the shelves. Another punk steps up to you, holding a syringe with what appears to be a cocktail sauce inside. He is somewhat distinct from the rest in that his hair hangs past his knees and knots itself at the end. "Hold still," he cautions, and jams it into your arm with blinding speed. Yes, just as fast as you, if not faster.

You come upon what appears to be a brutal murder scene. An old woman lies dead in a trashcan, with thugs in various states of unconciousness around her. One of them groans and glances up at you, then squeaks and tries to get up and run away... but his leg appears to be broken, and he falls back to the ground. "Please don't kill me..."
    Spoiler
    Show