New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 1

Gideon

Gideon sends the following back through the telepathic link.

Good news, I think. There's pretty dense fog - I'm having trouble seeing much, but that means that they won't be able to see us either, or coordinate activities as easily. Sounds like there's a lot of them, and they're pretty densely packed.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Etain

Good; let us go. Etain fades into invisibility as she moves, although she lingers to ensure the others are with her before descending into the mists.
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Barbarian in the Playground

Paran

The shadowcaster weaves illusory strands around him. His skin turns grey and sloughs, his eyes look empty, his long hair withers and dies in just a second... until it seems as if he's just skin and bones.

Then he follows Gideon and Etain into the fog, a lich hovering on magic winds.
    "Even gods must learn to control their tempers, lest they set a bad example."
    The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

The seething mass of rageforged warriors seems to be somewhat stationary, at least as a mass. They're beginning to set up rudimentary camps, without things like places to cook food or tents to sleep in. The camp seems to be mostly making basic forges and large spikes that an unwitting living creature might plow itself onto if running through the mist.
    A few rageforged who are much more fierce looking than the rest seem to be the spearhead of setting up camp. You can only assume these are the closest things to ragelords this section of the mass has.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Gideon

The gnome/lich descends on the nearest edge of the encampment, and start laying down freezing fogs, which initially seem to rise from the mists surrounding the camp.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #456

Paran

The shadowy lich unleashes two shades on the unsuspecting throng of rageforged, with explicit orders to weaken and not to kill them - it wouldn't do to create an army of them beyond control.

As he approaches the commanders, he weaves an intangible net of shadowstuff which he lets settle on the spirits of three of them...

Spoiler
    Show
    Dark Silhouette to summon 2 shadows (18 rounds) - I assume this is in the background, to create mayhem in the camp so I won't roll all their attacks.

Darkness of the Mind on 3 Ragelords - Will DC 29 partial:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Darkness of the Mind
    Master, Endless Void
    Level/School: 7th/Enchantment (Compulsion)[Mind-Affecting]
    Range: Close (25 ft.+5 ft./2 levels)
    Target: One creature/5 levels
    Duration: 1 round/level (D)
    Saving Throw: Will partial
    Spell Resistance: Yes

You reach out into the darkness of your target's minds, willing it to consume them.

If the target succeeds on their initial saving throw, they are dazed for 1 round. If the target fails, the darkness (both literal and figurative) in their mind partially consumes the rest of their mind. As a result, a target can only take their actions for any given round if they succeed on an additional will save (although success does not free them from the effect). In addition, the target takes a -5 penalty on all will saves not pertaining to this mystery. At the end of this mystery's duration, the target is dazed for 1 round.

He is hidden as usual:
    Hide (1d20+43=63)
    Last edited by namo; 2008-10-14 at 09:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

The rageforged begin to slowly shift from moderate peace to pure chaos, attempting to find the assailants. The ragelords seem to creak and moan, and suddenly roar out in rage.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

Etain

A high, distant keening sounds from the mist, accompanied by the screams of dying rageforged—or of their body's metal being twisted apart; it's hard to tell the difference. Etain's death-wail completes her resemblance to a banshee.

She vanishes as more rageforged come, following the screams, and slips away to find a small group of rageforged—or a lone rageforged, if there are any in the camp. Staying high above them to keep out of their reach, she reaches out into the blood-drenched construct's mind.

Twisted iron shards clinging to life—

She twists its thoughts, commanding it. Lead me to your silver.

Spoiler
    Show
    Devil's Whispers, Will DC 24 negates.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Gideon

From far above, Gideon follows up the fog with a patch of tentacles, targeting a cluster of the rageforged. The black rubbery things snatch and tear at the mad machines.

10. - Top - End - #460

Paran

Rising away from the chaos, Paran tries to spot a well-guarded tent. Hopefully it is not inside one of those clouds.

Spoiler
    Show
    Heh. I was going to use mind-controlling stuff next but Etain beat me to the punch. Let's see what she gets...

11. - Top - End - #461

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: psst ! Our actions need resolving.

Paran

"Has anyone found the silver yet ?" Paran broadcasts to his allies.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

In the chaos, there seems to be a cringing metal sound. A good deal of the rageforged suddenly begin looking to the sky and all around trying to look for what to slaughter. The rest, however, start running through the clash, you can only suppose toward any silver.
    The battle seems to be filling with utter rage and fury.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, life is kinda pain right now. I won't go into it.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-10-29 at 08:42 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463

Paran

The shadowcaster follows those of the rageforged who seem animated with a singular purpose, hoping they will lead him to the silver.
    If he identifies a likely tent or set of tents, he will start to raise three Walls of Force in a wide triangle to cut them off their cherished loot.
    "If anyone's around... feel free to help me complete the forbidden area. We can swoop in and pick up some silver afterwards."

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: is anyone else still playing ?

Good luck with your stuff, Krimm.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of didn't get any response on Etain's compulsion attempt... Was it successful, Krimm? If so, she'll turn invisible and follow the rageforged towards the silver; if not, she'll just turn invisible and follow the general current of rageforged.

And yeah, hope things start clearing up soon.
    Last edited by The_Snark; 2008-11-07 at 06:50 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Snark View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kind of didn't get any response on Etain's compulsion attempt... Was it successful, Krimm? If so, she'll turn invisible and follow the rageforged towards the silver; if not, she'll just turn invisible and follow the general current of rageforged.

And yeah, hope things start clearing up soon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes it did, on a good deal of them anyway. They're all marching toward the silver.

Spoiler
    Show