Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Aerokean Chronicles: Part 1

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

"Excellency, please tell me more about these sending stones. How do they work, and where does each send us? And you said the exit is back in the reception area, which sigil specifically would allow exiting the facility. And then how would we get back in if we wished to?

Gesturing to the stack of lab reports, he asks "Is it possible to get copies of those, and to have them in a size more suitable to ones of our stature, perhaps? We would each I believe be greatly interested in reading about this artifact. And may we see the artifact? And can you tell us how it works?"

Remarking on an earlier comment by the Librarian, "We have already been in the Research Lab I believe - big room, tubes lining one wall, sending symbol was (describe the symbol) - can you tell us where in the Lab the research was. We found nothing of interest there."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel by Jacklu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Frankly, we're a bunch of nerds here, and we like to argue.
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger
    Grishak, Blue Psion Nomad
    Otheym, Warforged Ashworm Dragoon

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyrsus
    Synth
    Spoiler
    Show

Kyrsus frowned upon discovering that the spoils of combat, which now rightfully belonged to Marcus and him, had been removed, but he decided not to press the matter, instead listening to Jermaine's words.

He took a seat in the room, and leaned against the wall as he listened. Under the power of the spell, Jermaine's words came clearly to him, a refreshment after trying to communicate with only the few words he knew. However, there was something unnerving with the way he blithely used magic, and the words he spoke were less than welcome.

When Jermaine was finished, Kyrsus rested his chin between his thumb and forefinger, and thought a while about the situation placed before him.
    Lantanese gnome avatar by the talented Honest Tiefling.

Don't call it a rework - 5e Ranger optional class features

3. - Top - End - #273

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Ancient Giant>It's quite self-explanatory, you should be able to read the runes now. They say where the rune will open the circle to. As for getting back in, it would have to be opened from the inside. I did not know about these gems that can open the portal from the outside.

Copies for all of these? It still will be a handful, especially for someone of your stature. The artifact is not stored here, I do not govern the storage. A link between the storage room and the library exists, so I could send you there, if you wish. As for its use, merely wishing while holding it seems to work stated in the reports. The powers however, were unable to be replicated or extracted so the research was barred for some time plus 2820 years.

The room you describe seems to be the specimen container. There are several labs in the facility, and the one concerning the gems and other worlds is not that one.

Synth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well?, inquires Jermaine.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mya

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

<Ancient Giant> So what were all the other labs for? The same thing or other research?
    Mya's eyes light up.
    Last edited by North; 2008-05-12 at 09:46 PM.

5. - Top - End - #275

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

"Thank you, kind sir. May I ask, do you have a name or manner of address you prefer? I would know the name of one who has been so generous with his time for us."

OOC: Tim, do I remember the runes well enough to know what they say now? Also, taking a look around the room, what does some of the writing on the walls say?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

6. - Top - End - #276

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Ancient Giant>The other labs? They are all there for research of different types although all focusing on extraplanar travel. I have no name, I am a librarian bound to this room. Nothing more. I am glad I have been a service.

The runes on the sides are still nonsensical. Otheym can vaguely remember the runes saying things like Entrance, Exit, Lab 1, Lab 2, Library, etc.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

Marcus

Synth
    Spoiler
    Show
    He too ponders for a moment but something less important comes to mind, "<It was 80 silvers, by my world's exchange of currency between denomination of coin. In my world 80 silver pieces equate to eight gold pieces. Just how much did I throw at him?>" He waves it off, "<Nevermind. I feel no guilt or remorse for what I have done. I might not respect your Lord on High, but I cannot stand by and watch as a holy man is beaten, especially one with my respect. Tell me, Jermaine, can we truly defend ourselves against any tyranny this Mister Wolfred could bring down upon us? It is my experience that corruption is never merely a plague of the surface but is usually ingrained within the heart. And if you were to leave with us, what of the others? Ah, the others, yes, not sure what happened there. I was not paying much attention, unfortunately. What should happen if they return from wherever they were whisked off to? Should we wait for them? Leave word of where we have gone?>"
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

8. - Top - End - #278

Synth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eight gold coins would equate to eight hundred silver pieces. It's hard enough to see a single gold piece from commoners, but eight of them, it was quite a surprise for me as well. I thank you for your chivalry, it is rare to see such loyalty in these parts anymore. Could you have been a true noble where you are from?

As for Wolfred, he seems to be the type where a sniveling coward has been unjustly given power. I hope a rightfully placed appeal can give back our old style of life. For that, I will be needed. As for the townspeople, they can do well by themselves. They have been until I came two years ago, and I will be back.

It would be best I think if the seven of you all stuck together to get past this strange ordeal. Gone? What does you exactly mean?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josech
    Library
    Spoiler
    Show

Josech's eyes light up at the mention of the phrase 'draconic artifact'. "Oh, yeah? You uh..think you could point me in the right direction of that thing? I mean, if this place is abandoned, it's not like us grabbing it and maybe tryin' to get back home would be too much of a worry, right? Oh, and..Steely! I can carry most things y'need!" He pats his backpack, which rattles with various potion bottles and scrolls that seem like they would normally be a burden to him, grinning broadly.
    Last edited by Bleen; 2008-05-12 at 11:42 PM. Reason: SPOILER TAGGGGSSS

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Marcus

Synth
    Spoiler
    Show
    He let out a sigh and began to rub his temples, "<You would not have been so foolish, throwing so much currency... I'm making a mess of things without you.>" He let out a resigned sigh and shook his head, "<I do not know where they went Jermaine. One moment we were all mucking about the ruins and the next the rest had disappeared.>"
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

11. - Top - End - #281

Synth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Then we best go look for them at the ruins. We can leave these soldiers here, they won't wake up at least until tomorrow. I will go tell the village what has happened. You two can get prepared to go to the ruins.

12. - Top - End - #282

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

"These runes here," gesturing to the ones he still cannot read, "can you tell me what they say? I still cannot understand them. Do you have the ability to give me knowledge of that language as well?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

13. - Top - End - #283

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Ancient Giant>Oh, Those runes? I am not well verse in the technology, but those are magical in nature and cannot be read. Supposedly, it provides mana to the stones. So of the services I have suggested or offered, which ones will you be undertaking?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

Phiranthyl

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

The elf removed his hand from his weapon's hilt and instead crossed his arms over his chest.

[Ancient Giant]"I would also like to see this draconic artifact, and perhaps obtain copies of any of the work that was being done around elemental planar travel."[/Ancient Giant]

15. - Top - End - #285

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Ancient Giant>OK then. Shall I open a circle to the storage? There should be another being like me that governs the storage so you can ask her for the item in question. I will get started on copying the information on the artifact, you can check back in half an hour.

16. - Top - End - #286

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

<Ancient Giant>"Thank you, Librarian. That would be most helpful. Could you possibly shrink the copies down to something more appropriate to our size perhaps?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

17. - Top - End - #287

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    The librarian teleports to the top of the runestone and soon, a blue circle appears at the entrance of the room.

<Ancient Giant>This will take you to the storage. I will try to scale down, but the paper available is only in large size. I will think of something.

18. - Top - End - #288

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    Otheym mounts Ma'Keer, and slides him over to the sending stone. He guides Ma'Keer up the side, not climbing but just stretching up until Otheym is able to look directly at the Librarian (and the runes, which is his real reason for doing it this way - what rune was activated?). <Ancient Giant>"Thank you, excellency. We shall return for the copies."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

19. - Top - End - #289

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    Otheym can now recognize the runes that are squared off. Each rune was actually comprised of several letters, and the one shining right now reads storage room. Other than that there are runes for laboratory 1, 2, 3, Head Office, Reception, and dormitory.

20. - Top - End - #290

Mya

Library

Spoiler
    Show
    Cool thanks! Mya says to the librarian and walks through the blue circle.

21. - Top - End - #291

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mya walks into the blue circle, but different from before, she does not disappear. She stands there, illuminated by the light from the circle, still in view of everyone. <Ancient Giant>Huh, that's weird... why isn't it working? Try again?

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaz
    Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jaz rubs his left stump absentmindedly, as if lost in though, finally speaking to the librarian."<Ancient Giant(AG from now on)> Could it be a problem from the other side? Perhaps the other facility suffered damage , after all, you haven't been in contact with it for some time.", then turning to the others<AG> And don't you think we should send at least one person back to the forest? Afterall, we left two people there by my count, and by now they've told Jermaine what happened... The Halfling trails off at the end, as if finishing some thought internally, giving a troubled glance at Josech, but shakes his head and waits for an answer.Not to mention that we shouldn't leave them out if we do find a way back home, but Josech seems a bit..eager to find money.

23. - Top - End - #293

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    <AG>That certainly is a possibility. There are actually emergency secret passages that interconnect the rooms in case of the teleportation circle malfunction. I can lead you to the passage that leads to the storage, if you wish.

If the sizes of the books is going to be a problem, I can directly manipulate memory to insert knowledge of these reports, like I did with Gigantian. I have already perused the reports and know the major points, all you would need to do is try to remember yourself and you'll find that you know the answer. Would this be a better option? Of course, this is limited by the mental capacity of the recipient, and cannot be done indefinitely.
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-13 at 10:45 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294

Mya

Library

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh wow! You mean you can just make us know stuff without having to study! Thats awesome! Mya exclaims with glee. Could you make me know magic even? Or kung fu? That would be cool too!
    Last edited by North; 2008-05-14 at 02:57 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

<AG>"Mya, please control yourself," Otheym says in a tone not completely reproachful, somewhat like a father gently calming down a toddler. Turning back to the Librarian, "I will volunteer to have the knowledge of this artifact given unto my memory. While we would still like to have the copies made, it never hurts to have a backup."

<AG>"Tell me more about these secret passages, please excellency. Do you know where all of them are? And is there one to the outside? Can you give us that information as well please?"
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-05-14 at 08:21 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

26. - Top - End - #296

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    The librarian was about to respond to Mya's question, but then interrupted by Otheym. She replies, <Gigantian> OK, sure *gives off a brief glow*. As for the secret passages, I only know the ones that are from or to the library as I cannot leave this room. There isn't one in the library that leads outside.

I don't know what kung fu is but for magic, it requires much more than just knowledge. You can learn the theory in this way, but without training, you won't be able to cast.

(OOC: So Meatshield, you can send me a PM whenever you want to remember something about that draconic artifact, hopefully something specific so that I don't have to write a page and half about it. Also, Gigantian is the name of Ancient Giant, if you guys want to change that, it's fine. Actually, that would be better, change Ancient Giant to Gigantian. As a side note, if you opt for input of general knowledge via memory modification, consider that 2 ranks in a intelligence based skill, like Mya wanted to learn magic, so the librarian could give her 2 ranks in spellcraft, but would not be able to give her spellcasting)

27. - Top - End - #297

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

Otheym put his hand to his brow for a moment, and is flooded with memories that are not his own. Only his artificial nature kept him from staggering for a moment, but the moment passed quickly and he was fine after that. "Thank you, Librarian. Please show us this passageway to the storage area. This artifact is exactly what we are looking for."

To the others, "This item can get us all home apparently quite easily. We need only retrieve it and return to the surface to find the two we left behind, then we may all return home."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

28. - Top - End - #298

Mya

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    So you could put in my head like the history of this place and stuff? Mya asks the librarian. It would make a cool story for Wing if nothing else. The girl thinks for a few moments. Are there any other artifacts or magic stuff here too? she questions.

29. - Top - End - #299

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    The librarian moves to a spot on the floor, points to a slab of stone that is in the ground. The slab disappears, reappearing right next to the revealed hidden passage way. The hole is barely big enough for Ma'keer to slide through, but shouldn't pose trouble for the rest of you. <Gigantian>Normally, it's a tight squeeze, but in your case, it would be quite a hallway. There's no light, but it's a straight path. It might be hard to remove the slab on the other side, but between the five of you, hopefully you can manage.

There isn't anything as powerful as the artifact, but there are records of imitations of it trying to be made. You can ask the storage keeper for other items, She should know much better than I do. The history of this place? That's a bit too vague and would amount to alot of information. Can you state a more specific knowledge?
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-14 at 02:31 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josech
    Library
    Spoiler
    Show

Josech made his way to the passageway that had just appeared, peering into the pitch-black darkness that stretched out from inside, then calls back to the ghost and rest of the group. <Gigantian>"Well, the 'can't see' part shouldn't be a problem, 'long as I'm around here. Oh, hey, ghost-guy! You think you could 'teach' me a bit about the magic you guys use around here? Might be helpful, seeing that this place is kinda..abandoned now. Don't want any mishaps with the equipment, do we?" He laughs casually, giving a playful wink.