New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aerokean Chronicles: Part 1

Marcus

The bald warrior claims the two gems, having no use for a ring which would duplicate his shield to a lesser degree. He silently removes the gem from his armor and affixes the two gems appropriately. Thereafter he utters a short prayer, his forehead resting against the gem on his sword with his left hand over his heart, and the gem that is nestled above it. When night comes he will mirror this action, removing the new gem for the one the armor has always sported so as to sleep without fatigue in his armor.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

2. - Top - End - #692
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh my. This is too much. You have overpaid the hospitality that is taught by Helios. But you will not bend even if I were to return this, so I humbly accept your donation. Forgive me for not being able to save the others, hopefully the affliction does not fall upon you as well.

Jermaine gives a deep bow,

It has been an honor meeting the honorable warriors from elsewhere. Mr.Garis, I hope that as a local, you would be so kind to guide them through the lands. I will have a wagon prepared with the money you generously donated so that your journey to Hiris will be comfortable. Here is the letter and here are emblems that will mark your association with the church. Hopefully, they will accept that at the border. Even if it is not accepted, people of your caliber would be able to breach the border. Godspeed.

Jermaine hands out to each of you, a pinnable metal miniature symbol of Helios, and the letter to Otheym.

3. - Top - End - #693

Otheym

Morning comes, and the wagon is brought around with Mya already aboard, heavily wrapped in blankets to fight off the morning chill. Otheym leads Ma'Keer out of the stables, keeping him away from the horses so as not to make them overly nervous. The warforged is already wrapped in his robes, and had gone out early to the marketplace, getting some salted pork for Ma'Keer to eat on the journey. He also picks up some loose fabric suitable for robes, to use when his current disguise become to ragged.

He discusses directions and geography with Jermaine, making sure he understands the way to get there and the general lay of the land surrounding the journey. As he finishes, he bows deeply one more time to the priest, and bids him good fortune.

Mounting his ashworm in a smooth practiced maneuver, he waits patiently, strapping on his shield and waiting for the others to be ready to leave.

Spoiler
    Show

I've spent a bit while in town I had not kept track of, so we'll call it 10 gp total, which with the rate of exchange should be more than sufficient to cover anything. Down to 103 gp.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel by Jacklu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Frankly, we're a bunch of nerds here, and we like to argue.
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger
    Grishak, Blue Psion Nomad
    Otheym, Warforged Ashworm Dragoon

4. - Top - End - #694
    Troll in the Playground

Amist

The next morning finds Amist already almost completely ready, having packed her things the previous day.
    Presuming there's no objections, she'll take a position of guarding on the wagon.

That red ribbon is still tightly tried in her blonde braid as the wind blows her bangs across her face.

Good morning to all of you.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #695

[Garis]

The last of the group claiming the items left behind, takes the last ring for his own. If nothing else, it could offer up some protection in lieu of fighting. As the morning came, as through mere impulse, he went through the motions of, but not enacting his flight. For the time he would mingle with the group as one of them--precautionary measure at best whilst within sight of this city.

"Good morrow to you all."

And so he waited for departure with much hidden eagerness, however without another word.
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

6. - Top - End - #696

The party departs first thing in the morning. The weather is cool, partly cloudy. The dirt path that stretches from the marshes turn to rice paddies go on north. You see an occasional farmer or two, looking over the watery beds of sprouts. The sun rises, and the wagon trails on, and abit after sunset, you see a wayward inn, situated a days travel from the city. The two story building looks small and cozy, some horses in the stables already. A boy runs out to greet, "Will you be staying sirs? We have meals and bath."

7. - Top - End - #697
    Troll in the Playground

Amist

Amist looks at her companions, then turns back to the boy with a smile. I believe we probably will be spending the night, yes. She climbs down from the cart and stretches.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

8. - Top - End - #698

The wayward inn has a few patrons, all sitting at separate tables. They all seem to be simple travelers, spending the night. The innkeep is a scary looking man, with a scar and eyepatch. The boy takes the horses and carriage to the stables.

((What are you doing with Mya? Taking her inside with you?))

9. - Top - End - #699

Otheym

The metal man stands silently in the background as rooms are negotiated, his disguise already in place. He knows his bulk, accent, and strange mount would cause undue nervousness and suspicion, so he tries to stay in the background as much as possible, speaking to no one.

He personally tends to Ma'Keer, putting him in a stable as far away as possible from other mounts present, giving him a final rub down and a bit of sweet meat before leaving him for the night.

Once rooms are decided, he carries Mya up to a room that they will share together - she will rest in the bed, while he sits and watches over her and out the window, observing the strange new world he must inhabit.

He feels nothing so much as loneliness, and spends some time woolgathering about the dusty plains of home, so far away.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

10. - Top - End - #700
    Troll in the Playground

Amist

After helping Otheym with taking their friend upstairs, Amist returns back down to the room below, taking a seat and ordering a meal, while also carefully, and discreetly, considering the other patrons (and the host), gauging the probability of a quiet night's sleep vs trouble occuring.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm.
    Search? (1d20+4)[20]
    Spot? (1d20+2)[8]
    Listen? (1d20+2)[4]
    Gather Information? (1d20+9)[13]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Marcus

The crusader retires early after a few brief martial maneuvers thereafter he retires to bed in full armor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen: (1d20)[5] He has no ranks and no wisdom modifier.

Before bed he changes his readied maneuvers over the course of five minutes.
    1: Divine Surge
    2: White Raven Tactics
    3: Foehammer
    4: Battle Leader's Charge
    5: Revitalizing Strike

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

12. - Top - End - #702

[Garis]

His role so far within this town was nothing spectacular. He'd help out where he could, and when asked. Otherwise the day would have been uneventful, at least until he prepared for sleep--where he would relax and wait for slumber to overtake him.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20-1)[13]
    Gods this'll suck harder than a category 5 hurricane
    Characters:

13. - Top - End - #703

Otheym
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the dead of night, when everyone else has gone to sleep, you stay awake, the warforged body knowing no sleep or tire. You hear footsteps outside your door, as well as unsheathing of blades.

14. - Top - End - #704

Otheym

Spoiler
    Show

The warforged had just stood from checking on his fallen comrade when the distinctive sound of metal sliding out of a sheath came through the still night air. I suppose I should not be surprised - no one on this damnable planet has been willing to face someone else at noon with out hidden weapons.

Otheym gives a silent prayer that Mya's bed was right next to the door, else he may not have heard the noise, nor that he may be able to execute his planned riposte.

The warforged hopes that his robes of disguise muffle the sounds of the gears within his metal body as he brings his gauntleted fists over his head to grasp the hilt of his falchion as he waits for the door to his room to open.

Spoiler
    Show

Planned actions: Time to use my brand new feat! W00T!
    As soon as I have a target come through the door, including just a head, use my brand new Quick Draw feat to relieve said target of a body part. Lets make it two swings so the guy drops - full round action to attack.

I am assuming the guy is going to be flat footed unless he detects me somehow.
    Attack 1 (1d20+11)[14]
    Damage 1 (2d4+7)[13]
    Attack 2 (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage 2 (2d4+7)[15]

As soon as I finish my swings, let out a massive bellow as loud of I can to wake the others - "Danger - assassins! To Arms!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

15. - Top - End - #705

((Whoa, sorry for the late reply. I thought I checked, but the thread didn't update on my control panel so here I was thinking...huh did the game die? My bad. Anyway, going on with the night raid...))

The door creaks inward and Otheym gives two swings to chop off the intruder's wrist. A sharp cry of pain is heard, and the contender sprawls to the floor, unconscious with pain. Soon after, the strange voice of the warforged echoes throughout the inn with cries of assassins. Otheym can see four others, cloaked with blades standing outside his door. They seem surprised at their comrade losing a hand just like that and storm into the room to surround Otheym (Take a AoO). Three attack while the last one in shuts the door behind him and locks it. Two horribly miss, but a third manages to slip into the crevices and hurt Otheym for 10 damage.

((Listen checks at DC 10 with a penalty (you decide) on how heavily your character sleeps. If you succeed, you wake. If not, you keep sleeping. If you are awake, roll initiative now.))

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

Marcus

In his sleep the warrior rolls and between a clatter of steel and a stroke of luck he is drawn from his sleep in a swift motion that nearly leaves him standing. He takes a moment to blink away the cobwebs before he pushes himself awake and stumbles forward, "G<Huh? What?>" He makes his way towards the room with Maya and Otheym.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+1)[9]

I'm assuming he would have access to his new maneuver when he readied them before bed. Using the list in my last post his Granted maneuvers. Going down the list removing those chosen for each successive roll.
    (1d5)[5]
    (1d4)[4]
    (1d3)[1]
    (1d2)[1]
    Last one left.

Revitalizing Strike
    Battle Leader's Charge
    Divine Surge
    WRT
    Foehammer
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-12-08 at 03:55 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

17. - Top - End - #707

Otheym

The warforged thanks his makers that he has no need for sleep, else this many assassins would have had no trouble gutting everyone like a fish in their sleep. He takes note of their simple yet effective strategy of rushing in to surround him, but manages to take a swipe at one of them as they come close. He stays unnervingly silent as the blade sliced deep into him, and apparently remained unfazed.

He takes a step back towards the prostrate Mya, both to guard her better and to use the bed to keep people from getting behind him. <R>"You have no honor. Your blood spill for nothing," comes the words in his strange accent as he swings twice at the one who managed to penetrate his guard, his glowing blade singing in the night air. <R>"TO ARMS!" came the bellow once more to wake the occupants of the inn, friends and strangers alike.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative I am assuming is one before the bad guys

AoO (1d20+11)[17]
    Damage AoO (2d4+7)[11]

Five foot step back to the bed, to keep from getting completely surrounded.

Attack 1 (1d20+11)[20]
    Damage 1 (2d4+7)[14]

Attack 2 (1d20+6)[22]
    Damage 2 (2d4+7)[14]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

Amist

Otheym's bellow brings Amist springing awake. Her armour is light enough that she is able to sleep in it, but her Hat of Disguise is sitting on the nightstand...

But with no time to lose, she grabs her greatsword instead and charges out into the hallway, turning torwards the Warforged's room, not even considering the fact that her companions won't recognise the white-haired, grey-skinned girl as being the same as their blonde and tanned companion...

Spoiler
    Show
    Initative(1d20+1)[21]

Upon reaching her companion's room:
    Strength: (1d20+3)[13]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #709

[Garis]

The mechanical bellow was enough to wake him from his slumber. Armor, being light enough for him to sleep in, and everything else just within arms reach--to reequip and charge through to the room where the offenders were. The mace within his hand, his new ring in full force.

But who was this elf? Ally, friend, foe?

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+5)[11]
    Initiative.
    Characters:

20. - Top - End - #710

Amist reaches the door first, but it is locked. The other two that follow see an armed drow outside Otheym's door, dressed in Amist's gear. Otheym moves to protect Mya while slashing at his adversaries. Combined with the slash a cloaked figure took while moving into the room, he falls without a word. The three left display evasive skill as they try to get behind Otheym at Mya. Otheym is unable to get a clear strike at the acrobatic invaders and one of them slips by on to the bed, threatening Mya at swordpoint. The other two aid the one that is holding her at swordpoint, silently inquiring Otheym's next actions.

21. - Top - End - #711

Otheym

<R>"Harm her and you die," comes the cold reply to the silent query, accompanied by a gesture of the head towards to other two fallen foes. The assassins also notice a curious stomping the vigilant warrior is performing on the floor with one leg, then he stops. The robed warrior then holds his mighty falchion in such a way that the one threatening Mya knows he is the next target.

Spoiler
    Show

Issue 'Come' command to Ma'Keer
    Readied action to swing twice at the one threatening Mya if he attempts to harm her
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

22. - Top - End - #712
    Troll in the Playground

Amist

Hearing muttering from inside the room but not quite being able to make out the words, Amist redoubles her efforts to take down the door, her intent-ness being such that she is unaware of Marcus' and Garis' approach.

Spoiler
    Show
    ...can she attack the door?
    If so:
    Full Attack: (1d20+10)[18] (1d20+4)[22]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[11] (2d6+6)[14]

If not:
    Strength: (1d20+3)[20]

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #713

The door breaks down under the dark elf's barrage. The assassins pay no heed to the door, holding Mya at sword point, staring at the sword that cut their companions down easily. The person holding Mya suggests,

"Let us go, and she'll be unharmed. You are very powerful; the guild will not pursue you any further, lest make more losses of fine men at you and your companion's might. What say you?"