New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Aerokean Chronicles: Part 1

Jaz
    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking down (for once!) at Mya, Jaz asks in an obvious,if stilted manner,We....go Phiranthyl?, pointing at the circle the elf just disappeared through.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Forests of the Black Mountain
    Spoiler
    Show
    The run back is short, in four to five minutes. Approaching Synth, both of you hear yelling and shouting.

3. - Top - End - #153

Otheym

Spoiler
    Show

Why? He's a damn fool to go charging off like that without the rest of us. NEVER trust fire-creatures - they are as unpredicatable as the flame. thought the metal-man.

He then let out a long noise that was the closest something without lungs could come to a sigh. But we should stick together, and there is a chance that took him back to the forest - though I doubt it.

"Yes. We go to Fire-Elf."

(If everyone is coming, we pack onto Ma'Keer for the brief ride down.)

"I first, make safe. You follow," he says to Mya, Jaz, and Josech. Approaching the the circle of light, Otheym strokes Ma'Keer's crest once, touches his breastplate while bowing his head, then takes up his lance and shield and passes through.
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-05-04 at 09:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel by Jacklu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Frankly, we're a bunch of nerds here, and we like to argue.
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger
    Grishak, Blue Psion Nomad
    Otheym, Warforged Ashworm Dragoon

4. - Top - End - #154

Inside the new room (Otheym, Phir)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mounted on his wurm, Otheym appears behind Phir bearing his lance and shield. He sees that Phir's been staring at, two giant zombies with large swords lumbering from the end of the long room, now 160 ft away. Otheym gets a quick bearing of the room before the others appear inside the room.

Spoiler
    Show
    The room is 60 ft wide and 200 ft long, 20ft tall. The left side of the room is occupied by large glass tubes that contain shadows of beasts. The symbol from the first room are periodically stamped on the walls opposite to the glass tubes. Behind you is another tall slab of stone with runes, which the top you cannot reach without jumping or climbing.
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-04 at 11:09 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155

Otheym

Otheym and Phir:
    Spoiler
    Show

<merchant's tongue>"About bloody time! Remind me to thank you elf for finding me something to hit finally! Yah!" Otheym and Ma'Keer charge gleefully ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Tim, what size category are these guys? If they are (ex-)giants, I am assuming large or huge? I may trample them, and as you know, size matters. Also, any armor on them, or are the swords the only items they have?

Plan of attack:
    Close the distance as quick as I can, then hold actions until they are 30' from me. (Am guessing that would be at about 100 feet from the entry point. Call it one and a half rounds for me to get there, then charge at start of round three, depending on their speed)
    Once they get 30' from me, I will charge the one on the [flip coin] left, and continue past him for another 30'. Once at end of run, wheel about and continue if need be. When charging, I will attampt to do so such that the other zombie cannot hit me (if possible)
    If the finger-wagglers come through the portal and start lobbing magical death at one of them, I will shift attacks to the most heavily wounded one.
    Don't forget the ride check to negate an enemy's hit - feel free to roll this for me if they attack Ma'Keer in the interest of saving time.

Initiative (1d20+1)[18]
    Lance charge attack (1d20+11)[14]
    Lance damage (1d8+4)[7] times three - don't think I can do the multiplier on the forum roller
    EDIT: Tim, I forgot the +2 to attack during a charge - that should be a 16. Sorry about that.

After all the mystery and magic, having mindless abominations to destroy has made Otheym as happy as any of the others have seen him since they arrived. "Yi-yi-yi-yi-yi-ya!!!! rises the charging cry.
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-05-04 at 10:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

6. - Top - End - #156

Otheym, Phir
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: The giants stand around 12 feet tall, so they are of the large category. They carry their swords and donned with chainmail. Their bodily conditions and their equipment seem very well kept, you wouldn't have known that they were zombies if it weren't for their irregular movement and moaning.

Also, for the doubling and tripling of charge damage from lance while mounted with spirited charge is treated the same way as a critical is and you just would roll 3d8+12 for triple damage, not multiply a single roll.

So Otheym's action is to charge, might as well as roll initiative Phir and give your action, or give actions for last round.
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-04 at 10:43 PM.

7. - Top - End - #157

Otheym
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, for the doubling and tripling of charge damage from lance while mounted with spirited charge is treated the same way as a critical is and you just would roll 3d8+12 for triple damage, not multiply a single roll.
    OOC: Ah, sorry, in my home game we roll once and do the math.

Damage: (3d8+12)[27]
    And I went back and added a note to the previous post, you may have missed. I forgot the +2 to hit on a charge, so I get a whopping 16 on that roll
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josech
    ???
    Spoiler
    Show

Josech slides down the rope, nodding to Otheym as the large steely golem stepped through the blue glow. "Me, now!" He shouts adamantly, pumping his fist into the air as he follows through.
    Last edited by Bleen; 2008-05-05 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added spoiler tags

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Phiranthyl Olminnakra

Sorry, very busy weekend, didnt manage to get online at all.

Phir and Otheym
    Spoiler
    Show

The elf took in the room quickly, as he didnt want to be caught off-guard if there were other threats besides the zombies in the room. Gauging the distance between himself and the zombies, and their rate of approach, he calmly sheathed his sword and took a few steps forward.

[ooc] Round 1, sheathe weapon, move 20'. This should put me at ~140 feet to begin round 2 when Otheym shows up. [/ooc]

Initiative - (1d20+3)[22]

Turning quickly at the sudden presence behind him, he sees the golem-thing astride its disgusting mouth. Phir shrugs in response to whatever the thing said and flings a fiery ball at one of the beasts.

[ooc]
    Casting Kelgore's Fire Bolt at the zombie on the right.
    Fire Bolt Damage - (5d6)[1][6][2][5][1](15) DC 14 reflex save for half.
    Caster Level Check - (1d20+5)[11] (to bypass SR, if necessary)
    [/ooc]
    If SR check fails, zombie still takes first die of dmg due to heat/force of impact.

After loosing his bolt, the elf takes a few more steps forward.

[ooc]
    Move 20' forward again, and assign Dodge bonus to the zombie I fried.
    [/ooc]

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

Mya

Well Im not sticking around here by myself!
    She says to herself in her normal language. Grabbing her bow again she runs after the others.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaz
    ???
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seeing the others go through the portal, Jaz thinksWell that settles that debate., before following the others through the circle,

With Phir and Otheym
    Spoiler
    Show
    and arrives just in time to see Otheym end his charge next to the zombies.Seizing the initiative, he seems to mime throwing something, yellingOrbis Flamae. As he completes his throw, a sphere the size of his head appear traveling the same arch he threw it in.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Lesser Orb of Fire at which ever Zombie is not blocked by Otheym.
    Ranged Touch Attack: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage, fire: (3d8+3)[14]

Initative: (1d20+2)[10]
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-05-05 at 05:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162

?????
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative order: Phir - Otheym - Josech - Jaz - Mya - Zombies

Upon seeing the zombies, Phir acts quickly. He moves forward, chanting his words of power, and lobs a ball of fire at the zombie on the right. It is a direct hit and the zombie takes the full burst of the spell. Otheym and Ma'keer moves forward, ready to charge. Josech, Jaz and Mya appear at the back of the room and take in the situation with the long room and the two zombies. Jaz springs into action, lobing another ball of fire at the zombie already hurt, which grinds deeply into its flesh. The zombies, unphased by the balls of fire lumber forward another 40 ft.

13. - Top - End - #163

Otheym

????
    Spoiler
    Show

Otheym moves to finish off the wounded zombie, shifting his mount to the far right (hopefully out of range of the other zombie), then kicks with his heels and sets the lance as Ma'Keer charges the last few yards. "Strike fast and true" he says as he charges headlong into the foe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

14. - Top - End - #164

Mya
    Spoiler
    Show

Mya sprints forward towards the unwounded zombie. She draws, releases and fires in one smooth motion. HEY FUGLY! YOU WANT A PIECE OF THIS!* She hollers at the incoming behemoth.

Spoiler
    Show

*Translated from Myas language.
    Mya moves 40ft towards the unwounded giant zombie and shoots, this should put her at 70ft from the zombie I think. If theyre closer then that then she only moves just into shooting range. Damn zombies being immune to skirmish
    Dodge! is declared on the Zombie she shoots at.
    Attack! (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage(1d6+3)[8] + Acid(1d6)[2]
    Last edited by North; 2008-05-06 at 01:34 AM.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Phiranthyl Olminnakra

???
    Spoiler
    Show

Content with the stench of burning undead fleah and happy to allow those who wish to, to rush off and put themselves in peril, Phiranthyl stops advancing and again summons another bolt of fire that streaks towards the zombie being attacked by Mya.

Casting Kelgore's Fire Bolt
    SR Check - (1d20+5)[21]
    Damage - (5d6)[3][2][6][5][1](17)

Reflex Save DC 14 for half, if I fail to bypass SR, first die of damage is still taken.

Dodge changed to Mya's target seeing a large metal man and a worm are now in front of the other one.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josech

????
    Spoiler
    Show

Josech stays back behind the tougher members of the group, quickly waving a hand sideways towards the least wounded zombie as he shouts an incantation. [Draconic]"Blinding flash of light, reveal those who would harm me!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spell: Glitterdust. Check to beat SR:(1d20+6)[21], Will DC 17 to negate Blinding effect.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaz
    ????
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, lets see if we can't hinder these things a bit more....Ustilans Coma. Jaz makes a quick jab at the same zombie, with his index finger outstretched. From this a thin line of fire shoots forth toward the zombie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Scorching Ray
    Attack (touch): (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage (Fire): (4d6+3)[17]
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-05-06 at 02:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168

?????
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: Phir - Otheym - Josech - Jaz - Mya - Zombies

Phir throws a firebolt at the zombie on the left, another direct hit. Otheym waits for the zombies to get closer, biding his chance. Josech casts his spell, and golden dust settles over the giants as they look around in a stupor, blinded by the dust. The red beam from Jaz's fingertip whizzes past Otheym to hit the zombie on the left squarely in its chest, leaving a charred mark. Mya bounds into action and shoots the same zombie, but the arrow doesn't seem to bother the zombie much, although the acid leaves a mark on the arm the arrow hit. The zombies, blinded, try to walk forward towards the sound of casting, stumbling as they move. Otheym seizes the chance and charges Ma'keer through the middle of the zombies (there isn't enough space on either side of them) his lance driving through the chainmail, but is stopped short by the thick skin of the zombies. Surprised, the zombies aren't able to retaliate and Otheym rides past.

19. - Top - End - #169

Mya
    Spoiler
    Show

Damn zombies! Why does it always have to be zombies!Mya falls back towards their side shooting another arrow at the less burnt zombie.

Spoiler
    Show

Mya pulls back to remain 70ft away from the zombies. Again shooting and dodge declared on the less wounded zombie.
    Dodge! is declared on the Zombie she shoots at.
    Attack! (1d20+9)[13]
    Damage(1d6+3)[6] + Acid(1d6)[5]
    Last edited by North; 2008-05-08 at 03:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Kyrsus
    Spoiler
    Show

Kyrsus breaks ahead of the boy and Marcus, running at full speed into town. Scimitar and shield readied, he follows the sounds of shouting to their source.

((Between knight abilities and mithral armor, Kyrsus still gets his normal 30' move speed))
    Lantanese gnome avatar by the talented Honest Tiefling.

Don't call it a rework - 5e Ranger optional class features

21. - Top - End - #171

Otheym

???
    Spoiler
    Show

"Bah! Out of practice!" Otheym wheels about, lining up the more heavily wounded zombie for another charge. Once ready, he lets Ma'Keer charge eagerly ahead.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Still concentrating on the more wounded one to lower the number of enemies. But will adjust to cover teammates if need be (except maybe for that dirty fire-elf ). Otherwise, same as before, end up 30 feet on the other side of them, rinse, repeat.

Attack w/ lance (1d20+13)[31]
    Damage (3d8+12)[30]

EDIT: That's what I'm talking 'bout!

Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-05-06 at 08:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

22. - Top - End - #172

Town of Synth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marcus follows, knowing that sticking together is better most of the time. As Kyrsus approaches the source of all the commotion, he sees several spearmen, armed, with spears pointed at Jermaine, who has fallen and is on the ground. Behind Jermaine are the women and children of the village. It seems that he has been injured. A scrawny looking man with a goatee is on a horse behind the spearmen, saying, Well, if you won't hand over taxes, then we'll just have to take it. Men, search the dwellings.

Jermaine winces, trying to get up saying, But we've already paid this month. Someone came at the start of the month.

The goatee man replies, As I have said, tax policies have changed. They will be bimonthly now,as ordered by Count Weirhiem, to help with the warfront. You should be more grateful to the great country and the nobles who rule it, priest..

With your language barrier, the both of you can only understand that something's up with taxes. At your appearance with swords in hand, men come stand between you and the tax collector. And who might these be? Quite dangerously and lavishly *eyes the armor that the two of you don* armed for such a small village, no?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Four men threatening Jermaine, two more men between you and the goatee man, four more rummaging through the houses.
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-06 at 11:29 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Marcus

Synth
    Spoiler
    Show
    He takes a moment to string the words together in his head, "New. Why you to be here?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    For granted maneuvers if/when combat starts
    http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1589285/
    Round 1:
    3-Foehammer
    4-Leading the Attack
    Round 2:
    2-White Raven Tactics
    Round 3:
    1-Revitalizing Strike
    Round 4:
    5-Vanguard Strike
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

24. - Top - End - #174

Synth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ha! He speaks as if he is an Orcish barbarian. You seem to be Basilians, tanned skin and bald heads and all, what business do you have in Synth? And I would prefer if you'd sheathe your weapons while you speak to me. The tax collector ignores your question completely.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Phiranthyl

???
    Spoiler
    Show

Phir briefly considers closing to melee with the creatures, then decides against it. Their size makes them slow, but all it would take would be one lucky shot and he would be in serious trouble.

Reaching back, he again calls on his powers and releases a bolt of fire at the creature the golem tried to stick with his lance.

SR Check - (1d20+5)[14]
    Fire Damage - (5d6)[3][1][2][6][1](13)
    DC 14 Reflex save for half, if SR isnt passed still takes first die of damage.

Dodge target still the one not being attacked by Otheym.

Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-05-07 at 01:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josech
    ????
    Spoiler
    Show
    Josech smirks confidently as the zombies stubmle around clumsily, turning his attention to the same one Otheym is focused on. [Draconic]"My foes;be smote!" He calls out, pointing towards the zombie Otheym is fighting as several bolts of force fly towards it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting:Magic Missile
    SR Check:(1d20+6)[23]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[2] (1d4+1)[3] (1d4+1)[4]

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaz
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think I've got the pattern down, now to test it... The Halfling stares intently at the unfolding battle, waiting til the Warforged ahd his mound complete their pass, and then picks what seems to be some sort of dung from a small pouch at his side.
    "Flammarotundus"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Fireball:
    Damage, fire:(6d6+3)[30]
    Refelx ave for half: 19
    Last edited by MeklorIlavator; 2008-05-07 at 05:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Macrus

Synth
    Spoiler
    Show
    He shakes his head, not understanding some of it but getting enough, "Not 'Basilian,' <Apex>. No to know this world. Warned. Danger. We to come." He pauses as he rummages through his vocabulary, "You not answer question."
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

29. - Top - End - #179

?????
    Spoiler
    Show
    Phir - Josech - Jaz - Mya- Zombies - Otheym

Phir throws yet another ball of flame at the zombie on the right, but this time, it only grazes it. Then Jaz comes out with his great ball of fire, right in the middle of the two zombies and after the flame has subsided, all that is left are the charred armor and sword of the zombies.

The room is quiet at the abrupt end of combat, the light orbs on the ceiling glowing ominously, reflecting off the row of glass tubes to your left.

Synth
    Spoiler
    Show
    The man scoffs and says, Can't understand a word. Probably uneducated mercs who deserted and came south. Oh well, if you are to live here, then I must collect taxes from you as well. That's why I'm here. I. collect. taxes. Understand? The soldiers chuckle at the mockery.

Jermaine butts in, Wait. They are merely visitors, you have no right to gather taxes from the- and is rudely interrupted by a butt of a spear.

I will make decisions by my own right then. *turns to you two* Now then. For newcomers and foreigners, the initial tax will be 80 silvers. *gasp from the crowd* If you can't pay up, you can pawn your armor and weapons for a start. *smirk*

30. - Top - End - #180

Mya

????
    Spoiler
    Show

<Well that was ..... interesting. They should defineitely fire whoevers charge of the welcoming commitee. Hehe Fire!> Mya starts laughing at her own joke even though no one else can understand it.
    Last edited by North; 2008-05-07 at 09:21 PM.