Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Aerokean Chronicles: Part 1

Mya

Reception
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Round and round we go.> Mya runs into the glowing circle. <Where we stop.....>
    Last edited by North; 2008-05-11 at 02:24 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

??? (Mya)
    Spoiler
    Show
    What you walk into seems like a library, but blown to proportions beyond normal. The books are as tall as Jaz and probably, the hardbound ones are as heavy. The letters are foreign to you, it is not Regalian.

3. - Top - End - #243

Otheym

Reception
    Spoiler
    Show

"Mya!" he calls, but it is too late, she had already gone through. What is wrong with these people? I should be going through first. Tough to protect people if they don't let me. Otheym and Ma'Keer come back down of the stone and move through the circle, both of them continuously amased at the foolishness of those less wise than themselves.

OOC: I am assuming that Jaz is with us still?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire Ninja Death Squirrel by Jacklu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Mann View Post
    Frankly, we're a bunch of nerds here, and we like to argue.
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger
    Grishak, Blue Psion Nomad
    Otheym, Warforged Ashworm Dragoon

4. - Top - End - #244

Ruins
    Spoiler
    Show
    (OOC: Yes, I have moved his character to follow you all.)

??? (Mya, Otheym, Jaz)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Otheym and Jaz appears behind Mya in what seems to be a library, of blown up proportions. The books are large as Jaz and are in a language unknown to all of you. There is a runed stone slab in this room as well, it is to your right as you enter, where a librarian would usually be.
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-11 at 03:26 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaz
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jaz follows the others through the teleportaion circle, bracing himself for whatever is on the other side.

Reception
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Again?<Contumnus>" Jaz exclaims. incredulously.
    Upon seeing Mya go through the circle, Jaz runs towards it, letting his the word of power flow, tracing a small, stylized shield shape in the air.
    Flamma Contego
    AS he completes the trace, fire springs up around him, though he pays them no head as he races through the other side.
    That foolish girl, running ahead of everyone like that! No telling what's over there!

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Fire shield

6. - Top - End - #246

Mya

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Incredible, I wonder if I shrunk going through there. Or maybe everthing thing is giant sized because there are giants running the place...Would explain those zombies earlier. Hmmm curiouser and curiouser.> Mya says to herself. She walks over to a shelf and grabs a random book from the bottom to wrestle open.
    Last edited by North; 2008-05-11 at 03:49 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247

Library (Mya, Otheym, Jaz)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mya is able to pull a book from the lower shelf. The book doesn't smell musty at all, as everything in this strange place doesn't seem dirty at all. The alphabet and words are all foreign to her, but it seems to be an encyclopedia of sorts from other clues like multiple similar looking thick books that she pulled it out of, as well as the position the books are in the library.

8. - Top - End - #248

Mya

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

With a slight amount of care Mya tears out the first few pages of the book and puts them carefully in her backpack. My treasure sense is kicking in.... The young woman starts very carefully around the library for anything else interesting. Or valueable of course.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cant Access char sheet from work. I think this is correct. If wrong please adjust accordingly. Im going to have to find a good char sheet site that gets through my work blocker. Or find a way to put my char sheets on my blackberry......
    Search? (1d20+11)[31]
    Also if book was softcover she'll tear that off and take it as well.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josech
    Reception
    Spoiler
    Show

Josech, as usual, follows with the others into the circle, shrugging carelessly. Wonder what happened to this place, anyway...
    Last edited by Bleen; 2008-05-11 at 04:53 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250

Library (Mya, Jaz, Josech, Otheym)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Josech comes into the enlarged library while the others are looking around. As Mya starts to rip the book, a voice comes out of nowhere. It is in a language that you cannot understand, but seems desperate and surprised in it's tone. A humanoid being made of light appears right next to Mya and wrestles the book in question from her hands. She seems to be protesting to Mya in an annoyed voice, but none of you can understand what it is saying.

(OOC: You guys can roll for initiative if you want)
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-11 at 04:55 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251

Mya

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    Surprised by the appearance of the libriangel the book is easily pulled out of Myas grasp. Puzzled by what the being is saying Mya slowly speaks. Dont .... know.... words.... We ... not ... from ... here ...

12. - Top - End - #252

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    The being seems to understand that Mya does not understand or speak, and turns to the others in the room to see if they understand. It rapidly teleports to the other members in the room, giving a incomprehensible question then moving on when they can't answer. Giving a sigh, it seems to shine for a brief bit and everyone in the room feels something that is trying to worm into their minds.

(OOC: I'll just include Phir that went through just to save time. Will saves? I'd normally roll them myself, but this save you can choose to forgo the will save so I'll let everyone roll for themselves. The expression used (worm) is rather unpleasant, and the sensation of it is rather unpleasant as well.)

13. - Top - End - #253

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

"Mya! Otheym reaches for his sword, then stops with it half drawn out of the sheath. Seeing that no (apparent) attack is forthcoming, and that it only happened when Mya started to tear the book, Otheym tries a different tack.

He dismounts and soothes Ma'Keer, then strides forward, hands out and empty. He pulls Mya away and stands between her and the glowing figure. "We talk later!" he hisses to the human.

To the librangel, he says in his new language "Apologies for this one," pointing to Mya. "She bad child, not mean evil. We not harm books. This library glorious." The sound of pipe organs fills the air as Otheym repeats this in Celestial (but with much better grammar this time of course). The whole time, Otheym has made sweeping gestures of conciliation to the glowing figure. Coming from a civilized society, he has had experience with book-keepers such as this.

Initiative (just in case) (1d20+1)[8]
    Diplomacy (1d20+1)[15]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

14. - Top - End - #254

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    The being does not seem to understand Otheym's speech, although it seems to recognize it. It teleports the book that it took from Mya back to its original place, and summons a new one. It speaks slowly in Celstial: I am a librarian. Can give you all speech. Accept? And it starts the glow.
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-11 at 06:34 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaz
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, now I feel stuipid. With a gesture and short mumble, the flames around Jaz die away. Hearing the Warforged speak in the musical language, Jaz looks up in time to see the...Libraian? reply.
    "What...Say...thing, Otheym?"

16. - Top - End - #256

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

<Celestial>"They are a foolish and superstitious lot. I am attempting to keep them safe, but even I cannot keep them safe from themselves it appears. Perhaps if you gave me the gift of language first, that they may see it is harmless?"
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-05-11 at 06:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

17. - Top - End - #257

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    It tries to search in the book for Otheym's fast Celestial, but gives up with a cry. Looking at Otheym, still covered in his Arab getup, she nods and gives a brief shine. No other external signs are available and Otheym feels a slight tinge in his processor as the magic tries to modify it. He can feel new knowledge that was not there before, knowing a new speech as if he has always known it. The luminescent being says, <Ancient Giant>OK, now can you tell your friends that it's safe?

(OOC: You may add Ancient Giant to your languages known.

-Edit- This is the problem with too many players, most viable speech colors are taken! I'll just borrow from the two that are not here...)
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-11 at 06:33 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

Bowing graciously to the Librarian and intoning <Ancient Giant>"Thank you, your excellency.", Otheym turns to the others and says "Him book-watcher. He able to magic give knowledge of new language. Give to me already, seems good."

Turning to Mya and Phil with a glint in his eyes, "And if we keep good, maybe get answers."
    Last edited by Meat Shield; 2008-05-11 at 07:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

19. - Top - End - #259

Mya

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    <We talk later!> Mya says sarcastically after Otheyms comments to her. When the big bot turns his back on her she sticks out her tongue at him.

Mya watchs the two strange beings converse. When Otheym tells them of the magic language, Mya nods her head in consent quickly.

20. - Top - End - #260

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mya feels the tinge as well, and is able to converse in the gruff, yet rhythmic new language. The librarian lets her long hair fall, bows and says, <Ancient Giant>Welcome to the library. Please refrain from damaging the books *gives a look to Mya* we have copying at the back of the room if you need it. Now then, how may I help you all?
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-12 at 12:05 AM.

21. - Top - End - #261

Mya

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks.Mya says awkwardly sketching a bow of her own. Sorry bout that. I didnt want to damage the book but the whole thing was too heavy for me to carry. What kind of books are these? For that matter where are we even?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Phiranthyl

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

Phiranthyl followed through to the library and resisted the intrusion into his mind as best he could.

Will Save - (1d20+7)[24] (Additional +2 vs Enchantment is applicable)

When the strange light being showed up, he began circling around it, but quickly gave up as it teleported around the room. When it showed up next to him, he backed away, raising his sword and shield before him. When it settled in front of Otheym, he again began slowly circling around to gain an advantageous position.

He struggled to understand Otheym's words, but caught the meaning and grudgingly nodded his head when the question about allowing the creature to give him the gift of language was posed to him. Realising this creature was both powerful and likely magical, he sheathed his sword figuring his spells would likely be a better option if things escalated.

When the magic settles on him, he immediately demands,

[Ancient Giant]"Where is this place? Where are the rest of our companions? How do I get back to Elmantyr?"[/Ancient Gient]

23. - Top - End - #263

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    The librarian gives a wide smile and replies, <Ancient Giant>This is the library and data storage of the research facility specializing in extra planar travel. I'm sorry, but I do not know who or where your other companions are, my knowledge is limited to this room. Elmantyr? The librarian conjures several books all around her and flips through them simultaneously, then teleports them back. I'm sorry, there is nothing I know about that as well. Is there anything else?

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josech
    Library
    Spoiler
    Show

Josech (who had been digging around in a few different sections, frowning at the overall heavy and wordy literature) felt the slight twinge in the back of his mind, and then snapped up, scrowling. <Ancient Giant>"Hey, what's the big id-Oh. Niiice. Hey, what's up with this place, anyway?" He turns back to the ghost, whom he had previously seemed to pay little mind. "You guys have a great disaster or somethin'? You've got some big, smelly, hulking dead guys back the other, er.." He tries to point towards where the lab or whatever it is was, but fails to do so on account of the building's odd architecture. "Meh, nevermind..
    Last edited by Bleen; 2008-05-12 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Keep forgetting to close that durn spoiler tag

25. - Top - End - #265

Otheym

Library
    Spoiler
    Show

<Ancient Giant>"Extra planar travel? That explains a bit.... We were brought here from other worlds after touching gems that we each found. These gems opened a portal into this facility. Do you know anything about them?"

A follow-up question:"Can you please tell us more about the purpose of this facility? We have only seen a few rooms but would like to learn more. And if we could make copies of these books so that we may partake of the knowledge as you offered that would be most generous, excellency."

After waiting for an answer on that question, Otheym asks another: "And can you tell us what each of the runes on top of the sending stones mean, and how to properly operate them, please?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tosk, Ogre Ranger

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Phiranthyl

Reception
    Spoiler
    Show

Not satisfied with this thing's answers, the elf barks more questions at it,

[Ancient Giant]"How do we leave this place? There was a forest, with ruins. There was a stone with carved niches where we placed our gems and then a circle of blue appeared, much like the one that brought us to this room from the strange room with the tubes, and the zombies.[/Ancient Giant]

His foot taps impatiently and his hand sits restlessly on the hilt of his scimitar.
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-05-12 at 02:57 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    At the questions, the librarian replies, <Ancient Giant>I'm sorry, all I know how to do is assist patrons who visit the library. I do not know about "dead guys" or a disaster. However, I can tell you that my last awakening was approximately 2820 years ago, this information seems relevant to the inactivity of the facility.

The purpose of this facility is to study extraplanar travel displayed by many organisms on Aerok and attempt to replicate them with magic. The research has been mostly successful, as teleporting and limited travel to concurring planes was replicated and widely spread. Research is now focused on traveling to disjunctioned planes such as the elemental planes and the outer planes, but no progress has been made and only theories exist.

Copies of books can be made easily in the back. Please specify the book and information to be copied and it can start to copy.

Other worlds? Gems? *she does her fancy book search thing* There is relevant research led by Doctor Gris, senior researcher, and participated by most of the whole staff. The files for the particular research is not kept here, rather in the research lab itself. Would you like to go there? I can operate the teleportation circles if you are not familiar with their operation. Exiting the facility can be done in the reception area, not in the library. I can send you back there if you wish.
    Last edited by Xilehxt; 2008-05-12 at 03:18 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268

Mya

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    3000 years ago? And you've been here that whole time? Wow that must have been boring! Mya exclaims. But wait, how long has this place been here for then?

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Josech
    Library
    Spoiler
    Show

Josech scratches his head. <Ancient Giant>"Wait, so does that mean you guys track information on the..er..planes, or whatever, that we all live on? Like where I came from, and where the big smart golem guy(he points at Otheym) and all the rest of us? What about other things? Like powerful Dragons and their bloodlines? Magic? History?" He looksaround at the various sections of the library, licking his lips. "Or maybe rare, ancient artifacts of power that sell for a lot of money?"
    Spoiler
    Show

OOC: Can we now understand the language that's written on the books? Also, you said to add the language to our sheets, does that mean we'll be keeping it once we leave?

30. - Top - End - #270

Library
    Spoiler
    Show
    <Ancient Giant>I don't have recollection of my inactive state so it wasn't boring at all. And no, the purpose isn't to keep track of other planes, it's to try to develop traveling magic. All the data here are relevant to the research or accumulations of gathered data. There is an account of a draconic artifact recovered that allows extraplanar travel. The object is kept in storage and here *summons a bunch of lab reports, several times her height* are the reports on it.

(OOC: Yes, you can read most of the books now, and yes you get to keep the language. Think of the language as a loot; although you still can't communicate with the current denizens of Aerok, but hey, you can talk to each other now)