New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr Forgotten Realms Game

Andreas Melot - Hellbred Spellthief

Andreas nods at the answers once, stands and begins to walk towards the door.

"No time to waste." He says simply.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hammertouch - Goliath Barbarian

Hammertouch is amazed by what he has heard, magically chosen? Answering questions that where unasked? Goodness, but these lowlanders are a talented bunch.

He shrugs at the request made of him and the others, being nomadic and currently without purpose this task is one he can support. Seeing Andreas preparing to leave he stands, retrieves his bow and hammer and makes to follow him out the door, happy to be on the move again.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bilken Dessum - Fire Genasi Fighter/Favored Soul

Bilken couldn't help but look disappointed upon hearing their mission. He had come expecting something more heroic, something more befitting his quest to prove himself in the eyes of Kossuth.

But as he thought about it, he realized that it was his own journey as a merchant guard that had led him to where he was today. Indeed, if he hadn't taken that last caravan, he might have never discovered the divine power that Kossuth had given him. Perhaps this was all part of his plan?

"Very well. I'm in. First I must ask, what sort of attackers did your mercenaries report of? Any description of what we might be facing could prove invaluable."
    As Bilken retrieves his metal ball and stands up to follow the rest out, another thought occurs to him.

"There wouldn't happen to be something, magical, about these rugs...would there?" he asks, looking at the metal ball he was holding.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martoss Krumder, Dwarven Cleric of Wee Jas
    Gorm, Goblin Barbarian//Scout
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue
    Jin Durann, Tiefling Fighter
    Bilken Dessum, Fire Genasi Fighter//Favored Soul

4. - Top - End - #64

Hammertouch reaches out a big hand to lay it on Andreas' shoulder to gently slow him exiting the room. "Let's listen to questions, an idea of what we face is prudent." he rumbles.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas inhales sharply, looking towards the big hand on his shoulder. After a tense half-second, he relaxes and nods to the Goliath. Focusing slightly on the people around him, he slowly casts Detect Magic and gazes at his new employer.

6. - Top - End - #66

Of course, that is why they are worth so much to me. They are magically preserved, and also enchanted to periodially change there color's upon the request of the owner.

As for who i could assume would be responsible. No one made it back alive. Since the rugs did not show up this morning, we sent a rider south to find the spot of there demise. And that is how we know this information.

If I was to fathom a guess, The only thing in this area that could do this would be goblins and orcs.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride -- Human Ranger
    Garret nods his approval at Bilken's prudent questions. Garret adds, "Have all the attacks been around the spot in the caravan route? If it is in the same area maybe we can narrow down the location of their camp."
    Spoiler
    Show

The great avatar of Wyven and Newt by Mephibosheth

8. - Top - End - #68

With in 1 mile or so of that area, yes. As I have said I have hired people before to deal with this, but no one them successful
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saevanna Amalith – Moon Elf, Druid

Saevanna thought on the words of Renik, Magically chosen? But for what end? The answer to those questions were far more important to the elf than the offered coin. The wood will have to wait. I do hope that Lylas doesn’t take it too harshly.

The lithe druidess offered a warm smile to Renik before speaking. “Excuse me, if I may, Mister Felter? I think I can speak for everyone when I thank you for being a gracious host this evening and please excuse any rudeness as it is a bit unnerving to be called into a foreign country to assist in the search of tapestries that many of us do not have vested interest in. That being said, I would offer like to my services in the search, as the means we’ve been chosen and the amount you know of us is rather, uh, well, odd.”

“As to your assessment of the goblins and orcs attacking your caravans, that seems rather unlikely. That is, I guess, if they were acting alone. Perhaps this ‘Sali Al’Zumar is behind these attacks or perhaps it is someone else, but I have a feeling that we won’t find the answer we’re looking for until we begin moving south.”
    Characters:
    Laurel Evenwood - Human Ranger of Ehlonna - The Red Hand of Doom

10. - Top - End - #70

Ah, No need to apologize, I quite understand the point that you were called out of your homes, or the area's you are familiar with to assist me. If I had any choice in who would be chosen, I would have tried to keep it more local.

But once again, I do thank you so much for accepting this and offering to help me.

As Saevanna Amalith just said, time is off the essence, in order for you to track there trail from the attack.

If nothing else, I bid you all good luck.

And with that, He walks out the door and out of sight.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-04-23 at 01:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride--Human Ranger
    Garret pauses long enough for any other questions then asks, "So shall we procure mounts or use our own gods blessed feet? I don't mind the walk, but perhaps some of you would prefer to ride."
    Last edited by Rapida; 2008-04-23 at 01:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

"Purchasing mounts will only slow us down. Obtaining 9 horses.. one of which would need to be quite large.. is no small feat, especially in the corrupt merchant district. We go by feet. Try and keep up." Andreas pushes his way forward and out the door, not waiting for more discussion.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit - Ghostwise Halfling Wizard

As the man heads out the door, Rabbit again reaches into his mind,

Telepathy with Renik
    Spoiler
    Show

"Sorry for the intrusion again, but I have a fwe more questions this time. Is there some way to definitively identify the rugs as having been your property? I would hate to accost some orcs or goblins onlyy to find out the have proper receipts for the rugs in their hovels. Do you have a map of the area where the attacks have taken place thus far? You see "the south" is a lot of places from here, and again I would hate to bother the wrong brigands. And lastly, what are these wonderful magical spheres? Did you make them? Ooops, I guess that was the last one."

Rabbit tucks his cards back into his belt pouch and merely shrugs to any looking his way when talks of mounts begins. When everyone eventually makes their way to the door, grabs his metallic orb before hopping off his chair and then climbs into Mor's and looks on his plate for any scraps, grabbing a little something to nibble on as he leaves.
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-04-23 at 03:13 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74

Hammertouch follows Andreas out of the room and out onto the street.

15. - Top - End - #75

@Rabbit
    Spoiler
    Show

All my rugs will have a magica inscription in the corner on the bottem, with my initials, as you can detect magic, you should be able to identify my rugs.

As for a map, no i do not, but it is 1.5 days south along the road. You will see rubble and wagon parts where the attack took place. I am sure you could buy a map of the town, possibly the surrounding area from a vendor here tho.

The metal sphere's? Yes I created them. They let the person who they are assigned to 1 time contact me through a message spell.

They are attuned to the person who recieved them.

Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

“Thank you, Mister Felter. Luck may be just what we need!”

As the outsider and the giant left the room, Saevanna gathered her things (staff and orb) and followed the two. Just before she went through the door, she turned back to speak to the room, “What do you all say we catch up with the other two? If we’re a day and a half away, it’ll be a grand chance for us to get to know one and another. Now, my companion is waiting for me outside of the gates, so I’ll meet you all out there. Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet.”
    Characters:
    Laurel Evenwood - Human Ranger of Ehlonna - The Red Hand of Doom

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bilken Dessum - Fire Genasi Fighter/Favored Soul

Nodding again Bilken puts his helmet on and follows the group outside.

"A day and a half is not far. Let us examine the site of the attack and go on from there. Does everyone have enough supplies to make the trek?"
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martoss Krumder, Dwarven Cleric of Wee Jas
    Gorm, Goblin Barbarian//Scout
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue
    Jin Durann, Tiefling Fighter
    Bilken Dessum, Fire Genasi Fighter//Favored Soul

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Indeed lets be off, I've got what I need for the journey," he wiggles a ring on his left hand, "a magical trinket that eliminates the needs for trail rations and such, most useful for a traveler such as myself."
    Last edited by Rapida; 2008-04-23 at 05:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Telari – Elf Rogue

Telari picks up his sphere from the table and puts it back in his belt pouch.
    Curious, I think I may have seen the wreckage on my way here, but I was hurrying to answer this Renik’s call and did not stop to investigate. Well let us be on our way."

So saying Telari heads towards the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    Given the notes his brother had on each of us and knew our names this story of us being ‘magically chosen’ without him knowing who seems suspicious to Telari.

Sense Motive against Renik (1d20)[11]

Because of this Telari is hyper aware as he leaves the inn. Spot and listen checks for someone watching the group and/or trailing them.

Spot (1d20+7)[13]
    Listen (1d20+7)[26]

Finally Telari will fall behind the group as they leave town, find somewhere to hide and wait for half an hour to watch for anyone pursuing them.

Spot (1d20+7)[9]
    Listen (1d20+7)[18]
    Hide (1d20+13)[18]
    Move Silent (1d20+13)[29]
    Spoiler
    Show

Telari - Elven Woodsman - Accepted to Stupnick's Cormyr Forgotten Realms

Segan - Human Sorcerer Priest - Accepted to NeonBlack's Barrow of the Forgotten King

Gorlang - Goblin Cleric - Accepted to Dragonprime's Goblins!

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit sent along his thanks telepathically to Renik and left the room with everyone else.

Once out in the main room of the inn, he again hops up on a barstool and asks Milos,

Telepathy with Milos
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well Milos, though we werent actually properly introduced it is a pleasure to meet you. I was wondering if I might trouble you for some breat and dried meat for this journey we are undertaking for your brother? Also, I was curious if perhaps you might know anyone else besides this Calimport chap who might wish ill for your brother and his business?

21. - Top - End - #81

Milos looks down up you as you hop onto the barstool. With your request, he reaches behind the bar and pulls out a tray of dried meats and bread, and slides them across to you. These are on the house, since you are helping out family. As for who would want to hard his business, he is well respected throughout all of Cormyr. I don't know anyone who doesn't respect him and his skill for his craft.

There is enough meat and bread for six meals.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Mythseeker - Gnome Archivist

Ash breathes a sigh of relief at the proposition. This should not take too long after all. As she leaves the room, she shakes her head at the merchant's clear sense of his own self-importance. Creating magic orbs that find a random person to make him seem like a weaver of fate and mysterious benefactor in the stories of old. Some people's ego's are really a marvel of nature, she reflects. Once she has exited the building, she dashes around the side to retrieve her pony and rejoins the group. Ash mounts up and looks around at the assembled party, sweeping her fringe out of her face with one hand, she addresses the group in general: "As you can see, I have come prepared. My name is Ash Mythseeker. I suppose if we are all working together, you should at least know my name. Right, now that's done, let's go."
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Mor'iasti Tan-ormen, human cleric of Mystra

Mor'iasti sat for a moment, staring in astonishment at the flurry of activity, his head whipping from side to side as the others leapt into action. "I fail to see the urgency. You are hurrying off to save a rug merchant's wares without even stopping to eat? There is not enough time to bother to get horses? Our proposed employer claims he made a magical floating sphere to find "its owner" and we were "randomly" chosen, yet he knows us by name and description? One of our group, a stranger to us all, announces we must leave now without thought of preparation, and you want to race to catch up with him? Have you all been enspelled to lose all common sense?"

"You may all yearn for the opportunity to waddle off after caravan thieves. I am going to get my horse and ride. I will catch up before nightfall." With a bemused look, Mor' grabbed his backpack and went to collect his horse from the stables.

He tipped the stablehand a silver and explained, "Yes, yes, I will be leaving again. Don't stare -- you look like a fish. Come along, horse. We have a mystery to solve." Checking to see if his saddlebags were as he left them, Mor'iasti stuck the sphere in one, climbed up on his warhorse and joined Ash and whoever else might be gathered there. "Is everyone ready? I have what I need, but Rabbit was complaining of thirst."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas leans against the wall just outside the inn awaiting all 8 of his companions to arrive so that they can travel together as a group.

"Who here is skilled at tracking in the wilderness?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit clapped excitedly as the tray is brought out before him. Gathering up the breads and meats he thanks the man telepathically before hopping down and heading towards the door, somewhat burdened by his bounty.

For the DM
    Spoiler
    Show

Per Sleight of Hand roll in the OOC thread, Rabbit slipped a gold under a towel, or a cup somewhere on the bar that Milos will likely find later.

As the halfling exits the inn, he is still stuffing all but the heel of one of the loaves into his pack. The heel is half sticking out of his little mouth, which is in constant motion gnawing on the bread a bit.

He offers a smile to Ash as she introduces herself and send his thoughts into her mind,

Telepathy with Ash
    Spoiler
    Show

"One good thing about being mute is that I never have to worry about talking while my mouth is full."

An impish grin splays across his face as he finishes packing he bag and rips the unchewed hunk of of bread and continues chewing.

When Andreas asks about tracking, the halfling offers,

Telepathy with Andreas
    Spoiler
    Show

"I cant track, but I brought my own mount, so dont worry about my keeping up."

With that having been "said", the halfling pulls a bit of horse hair from his belt pouch and weaves it through the air in a grand gesture. Those who cast spells recognise the motions, but you would normally expect words of power to accompany these things.

Spellcraft DC 16
    Spoiler
    Show

He is casting Mount

When he is finished, a small pony appeared in front of him with bit, bridle, and saddle already fitted to it. The pony was a bit larger than what he normally summoned, so he would need help getting up there. Walking over to Hammertouch, he tugged at the Goliath's breeches and held his hands up in the air, like a child looking to be picked up.

Once again, he sent his thoughts to the reclusive gnome,

Telepathy with Ash
    Spoiler
    Show

"I made one a little big for me, so it could support us both if you didnt want to walk"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Mythseeker - Whipser Gnome Archivist

Ash turns to Mor' after his outburst and says "The last thing I fancy doing at the moment is chasing down goblins that have a gaudy sense of taste. I've got a holiday to enjoy, hence the rush to get back again" Turning to the disturbing red-skinned fellow, she answers "I'd far from call myself an expert, but I know how to follow a huge hole in a bush covered in goblin footprints post-pillage. I doubt it'll be that hard to find them." Ash rolls her eyes at the mental intrusion. "I've got a horse thanks, and I pray that by the time we break bread again, your table manners match your ability to irritate me. I'd prefer to eat my own meal without watching your's going around and around that great, silent pie hole."
    Last edited by Penril; 2008-04-24 at 08:34 AM.
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas studies Rabbit as he is casting, nodding at his telepathic message. He then turns to Ash.

"Very well. You lead us to them."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I shouldn't have any trouble tracking the attackers back to their campsite. Did Rabbit say he had some skill at tracking ? ", Garret looks back and forth between Rabbit and Andreas.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

"No, it was Ash who mentioned it. I assume it was an attempt at either sarcasm, humor at my expense or generic impoliteness." He pauses, eyeing Garrett "Yes, you do look as though you are equipped to be our guide. Lead on, Ranger."
    Last edited by SamTheCleric; 2008-04-24 at 09:59 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Myseeker - Whisper Gnome Archivist

Ash stares into Andreas' eyes for a long moment, beaten but trying to save some face. Then a slow smile crosses her face as her brain beings to tick over. "Scampering around on my hands and knees in the dirt isn't my idea of fun. If I want to find something, I just follow the clues. Here's what we have, a merchant with a motive from Calimport. Goblins and other creatures suspected to be responsible for the robberies. Think about it, where would an Orc or a Goblin be able to sell something like that? There must be someone behind the scenes. I'd be interested to see where this Sali Al'Zumar's trade routes are to see if any are close enough to off load the merchandise onto his agents without looking suspicious. Being from Calimport, it would not suprise me if Sali Al'Zumar has more than one point of trade. On top of that, I have my own suspicions about our benefactor. 22,500 gold pieces is serious money for a man losing his business. Now, the trail is still warm given the recent robbery, but I'd wager that the trail will lead right back here. I'd be more inclined to have a look around the town, talk to people, check out Sali Al'Zumar's store and find out a little more about this rug rivarly. On the other hand, following the trail from the source is a sound, if more dangerous proposal and we may be able to eliminate the robberies themselves before we find the ultimate culprit, which would benefit our benefactor more I feel. We have to consider our priorities: Stop the robberies so the business can prosper again, then catch the bad guys" She allows herself a self congratulatory smirk before continuing. "So, in order to get the best picture of events, I put it to you that the Elves should do the tracking, then leave me to do the urban investigating."
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running: