New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr Forgotten Realms Game

Hammertouch - Goliath Barbarian

Hammertouch looks down at the small guy knocking on his leg and realizes he's looking for help. He reaches down with a hand and gently lifts Rabbit onto his conjured pony. "The other little guy sure talks a lot doesn't he?" he says.

In-spite of his comment Hammertouch is keen to be off, but lets the others do all the talking and planning. He just wants to be on their way.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Myseeker - Whisper Gnome Archivist

"She is ..." Ash sighs heavily and rubs her eyes beneath her glasses. The journey had been long and the stress of meeting new people was getting her down. All she wanted to do suddenly was just be left alone to sleep "... in need of some time to think. Lead on, good ranger." she turns to Andreas "Perhaps a spot of travelling will make me more tolerant of you." she says. As close as an apology Ash is likely to give.
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas Melot - Hellbred Spellthief

"Tolerance I can deal with. I'd hate to have to kill you, seeing as you seem like a mostly good person, but I will not have your antics get in the way of my salvation." Again, Andreas does not look or sound as though he is threatening anyone, merely a factual statement said in a matter-of-fact tone.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saevanna Amalith – Moon Elf, Druid

As the rest of the group started to speak in rude tones, it did not make Saevanna any more interested to stay around and talk. Relaxing at an inn full of staring people and eating ‘human’ food was the complete opposite to her. Saevanna’s original plan was to wait with Lylas outside the south gates and find some plants and berries to eat. If it was going to be something meaty, it would be something that her and Lylas had killed – not something bred for consumption.

“Looks like we’re going south, Lylas,” she said in elven to the wolf as he emerged from the bush. “It seems a group of us were magically determined to help a trader, so I have agreed to help. There should be eight more soon enough. Now, what do you say we find some food?” Lylas prowled deeper into the nearby wood, while Saevanna stayed near the fringe to search for food so she could keep an eye on the road for the rest of her group.

Spoiler
    Show
    To search for food and for a weather check: Survival - (1d20+11)[12]
    Characters:
    Laurel Evenwood - Human Ranger of Ehlonna - The Red Hand of Doom

5. - Top - End - #95

Surprised at Ash's outburst Hammertouch leans closer, "Oh, Sorry. My mistake." He turns back to Rabbit on his pony, "The other little one sure talks alot doesn't she?" he asks with a grin.
    Last edited by Rane126; 2008-04-24 at 11:17 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride--Human Ranger
    Rolling his eyes at the party dynamics Garret Longstride says, "Alright, if everyone is ready lets head out." With that Garret proceeds to lead the party south.
    Spoiler
    Show

The great avatar of Wyven and Newt by Mephibosheth

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit - Ghostwise Halfling Wizard

Rabbit's features scrunch up in what could only be called in between confusion and a pout. He opens his mouth as if to say something, closes it, opens it again...and finally closes it, shaking his head slowly.

Hoping for a nicer reception, he sends his thoughts over to the Goliath,

Telepathy with Hammertouch
    Spoiler
    Show

"She sure does talk alot. It wouldnt be so bad if what she was saying was very nice, or even polite. So where does a big guy like you come from?"

8. - Top - End - #98

Lifting his huge weapon and resting it across his shoulder Hammertouch falls into step beside Rabbit's pony as the group makes it way south. "I come from the Spine of the World mountains." He explains, "my tribe lives in the mountains, we move around with the seasons but prefer the colder climate. It's very warm in the lowlands, a little too warm for comfort."

Edit: Adding survival for foraging food.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Survival for foraging food and water [roll]1d20+9[/roll]
    Last edited by Rane126; 2008-04-24 at 12:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

For the group OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

please conitnue the talking and heading south, there will be no encounter on the way there, and you have all made the relevant rolls. i don't think you need me directing you south, as it's more RP then anything.

if all mounting it will take till the end of day today, if not mounted it will take till tomorrow afternoon.

i will interupt the story where needed for DM input : ) but go ahead and draw most of your own story here.. that's the best way to play

Just a few minutes before the parties emerger from town, Lylas emerges from the bush with two squirrels in his mouth. While he was on the hunt you did find a couple of berry bushes that were edible.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

10. - Top - End - #100
    Dwarf in the Playground

Telari – Elf Rogue

During the discussion Telari stood to one side half listening to the talk, but his eyes scan back and forth. He nods as Mor'iasti speaks, echoing his own suspicions.

As the group leaves Telari trails behind a few steps. He does not have a mount and does not seem concerned by this. Seeing the wolf return from hunting with such meager fare he slides up next to Saevanna. Pulling out the two rabbits he holds them out to her

The hunting so close to human settlements is usually poor. The are fresh caught yesterday. I had thought to shell them, but as we are on the road perhaps Lyas might like them?” Reaching into his pack he also pulls out a portion of trail bread wrapped in cloth and tied with plant leaf. “Trail bread from my village might shuit you better.
    Last edited by Saihyol; 2008-04-24 at 09:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Telari - Elven Woodsman - Accepted to Stupnick's Cormyr Forgotten Realms

Segan - Human Sorcerer Priest - Accepted to NeonBlack's Barrow of the Forgotten King

Gorlang - Goblin Cleric - Accepted to Dragonprime's Goblins!

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

He asks the group as they walk along, "So our sponsor seems a bit suspicious to me, do you really think he is paying so much just to save his reputation? Or do you think this plot is deeper than it appears?" As he walks he releases Sul to hunt and stretch his wings.
    Last edited by Rapida; 2008-04-24 at 08:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bilken Dessum - Fire Genasi Fighter/Favored Soul

Bilken falls in behind Garret, keeping an eye out for enemies, but mostly focused on getting to know the people he would be working with.

"In my experience, anyone willing to pay that much to protect their business has something to hide. But unless he's trying to hide the fact that he's part of a demon worshiping cult and plans to sacrifice us all in some bizarre ritual, his ulterior motives do not matter much to me."
    He looks over to Andreas.

"You wouldn't know anything about demonic cults, would you?"
    he asks half-seriously.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martoss Krumder, Dwarven Cleric of Wee Jas
    Gorm, Goblin Barbarian//Scout
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue
    Jin Durann, Tiefling Fighter
    Bilken Dessum, Fire Genasi Fighter//Favored Soul

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas almost misses a step at the question, eyeing Bilken curiously. "Not particularly. I'm more experienced with the Arcane. There weren't any cults in the part of hell where I was sent."

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I've never been to another plane, but it sounds like it would be a interesting journey. Although, I don't know if the hells would be such a fun journey."
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

"It wasn't a vacation. Mystra granted me reprieve to try and make amends for my terrible crimes. Do not ask what they were. I don't have any recollection.

Hell is not a place you want to visit."

16. - Top - End - #106

Hammertouch continues to walk along beside the little halfling on his pony listening to the others talk. He's completely baffled by the conversation and alternates between humming a tune to himself and talking half to himself and half to the pleasantly quiet little guy. "Planes? Hell? Repreive? Astonishing! What an interesting company I have fallen in with. Whatever could be next?"

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hmm, well I don't see myself running off to the planes just yet. I still have a few places in Faerun I want to visit."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bilken nods as Andreas explains his past.

"Kossuth embraces a similar philosophy of renewal, of purification through fire. Indeed, it would be an honor to help you in your quest, Andreas."
    Bilken looks to the sun as he finishes, his thoughts drifting off to his own path of renewal.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So Bilken did you say you were in the caravan business? I've been known to guide a few for spare coin, what about yourself?"
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110

"Renewal through fire?" Hammertouch rumbles, "No thank you, fire is too hot, blech!"

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Telari - Elf Rogue

"Fire doesn't renew, it just hurts..."

Mumbles Telari
    Last edited by Saihyol; 2008-04-24 at 09:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Telari - Elven Woodsman - Accepted to Stupnick's Cormyr Forgotten Realms

Segan - Human Sorcerer Priest - Accepted to NeonBlack's Barrow of the Forgotten King

Gorlang - Goblin Cleric - Accepted to Dragonprime's Goblins!

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saevanna Amalith – Moon Elf, Druid

Saevanna make sure to only take enough berries to fill her for the day before returning to the road as the other were emerging from the town. “Lylas, wait here for a moment,” she said to him in elven. The elf gave a wave to the group as they saw her. “I don’t wish anyone to be alarmed later, so I am going to introduce you to my companion. Do not worry, he will not harm you.” She switched to speaking in elven for a moment to call the wolf, “Lylas, here.”

“Everyone, this is Lylas. You can trust him as much as you can trust me, which may be of varying degrees seeing as how we don’t really know one and another,” she said in a reassuring voice. The wolf looked at Hellbeing and started to growl lowly, however, he was quick to stop after Saevanna gave him a sharp glare.

“The hunting so close to human settlements is usually poor. The are fresh caught yesterday. I had thought to shell them, but as we are on the road perhaps Lylas might like them? Trail bread from my village might shuit you better.”

Saevanna nodded once with a smile as she put a hand on the scarred elf’s shoulder. “You are very kind, Mellonamin, Lylas and myself appreciate your offer.” The druidess took the offered rabbit and then bent down to hand it to the wolf. She then motioned with her head towards the wood and Lylas darted off with his new supper. “As for the bread, again, that is a very kind offer, but I have already filled up on the local fauna.”

~*~

When the outsider began to speak of the Hells, Saevanna took a closer step into the wood so that she was just off of the trail. “Andreas, I apologize for the earlier sounds Lylas was making towards you, he – we, are a little uneasy around a creature such as yourself. Frankly, and again, I mean no offense, but your story is hard to believe.” She frowned at her own words of distrust before her warm smile once again crossed her face, “ Perhap one of the rightsized have heard tell of a similar situation to set my – our minds at ease?”
    Characters:
    Laurel Evenwood - Human Ranger of Ehlonna - The Red Hand of Doom

23. - Top - End - #113

After a full day of both questions and travel. Your group of adventurers settles into a nice place to break for camp. The few trailing behind you that were loking for suspicous activity, saw none. No one trailing you, no keeping an eye on your group, no one even paying attention to you, more than normal.

Breaking for camp, you hear the sound of drums in the far distance.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

24. - Top - End - #114

Hammertouch hears the sound of drums, he feels his blood quicken at the ominous sound. "Drums," he states. "Wardrums?"

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Mythseeker - Whisper Gnome Archivist

Ash, now returned to her quiet, less irritated state turns her head to the sound and marks the beats down onto her paper, for reference later. "Could well be, we had best take greater care from here on."
    Last edited by Penril; 2008-04-25 at 02:47 AM.
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit - Ghostwise Halfling Wizard

Rabbit kept to himself during the day's travelling. The gnome's apparent disturbance at his communications making him shy to use to often with the others, though the goliath seemed friendly enough. He bounced along on his conjured steed to the hummed tune and occasionally asked questions about this Spine of the World, interested in new places.

His eyebrows rose a few times during the discussion, he had some knowledge of the planes. When they broke camp, he tried to remember if he had learned anything about situations like Andreas was describing.

[roll=Knowledge Planes]1d20=5[/roll]

In the morning, Rabbit greeted the morning with a jaw cracking yawn and some new concerns. He considered discussing them with the goliath, but instead decided to talk to Mor about them.

Telepathy with Mor
    Spoiler
    Show

"So I have thought about a couple things. A man with the means to create these wonderful orbs, and pay each of us 2500 pieces of gold should have no difficulty tracking down some goblins, or perhaps divining the truth behind the robberies. On top of that, why wouldnt he have gone to the local authorities?

Rummaging through his pack, he pulled out some bread and some dried meat, and made a point of taking small, manageable bites while perusing through his spellbook.

The sound of drums, and the rumbling from the goliath drew him from his concentration. Silently sighing, he thought to himself "Well, this is certainly starting early."

Putting his book back into his bag, he fished for a piece of cured leather in a pouch and ran through some arcane motions with his hand, again the lack of any chanting strikes odd with those familiar with arcane spells.

Spellcraft DC 16
    Spoiler
    Show

Casting Silent Mage Armor, duration 5 hours.

Offering his opinion to Andreas, he shoulders his pack and finished up his bread.

Telepathy with Andreas
    Spoiler
    Show

"Well, orcs and goblins have certainly been known to use drums. And they usually mean they're going to attack something. Let's hope it's not us and see if we can help whoever they're planning on ambushing."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

(In response to Sae)
    "I take no offense. I am an unnatural abomination and expect treatment as such."

~~

(After the drums)

"Rabbit thinks that it could be Orcs or Goblins up ahead. Keep your eyes sharp and hope those war drums aren't for our benefit. Let's go make sure." He loosens his mace and lets it dance between his fingertips, raising the hood of his cloak over his head. His posture is recognizable of that of a hunter out for blood, a predator that has just become aware of his prey.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bilken unhooks his spiked chain and looks towards the sound of the drums.

"We're still half a day away from the site of the attack. Perhaps the raiders have traveled this way, or perhaps it is something entirely unrelated. Either way, there's only one way to find out."
    Bilken takes a few steps forward, then stops to observe the rest of the group before continuing.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue

29. - Top - End - #119

Hammertouch stands aside from the rest of the group making some space for himself. He grasps his large hammer in both hands and goes through some limbering up exercises to warm up his muscles, just in case like.

He is ready to get started, taking only a few minutes to pack up his light load. His crystalline blue eyes seem to take on an extra glow of excitement. He moves to stand near Bilken, ready.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Mythseeker - Wisper Gnome Archivist

A grim business ahead ... Ash gathers her papers back into her bag and loads her crossbow, hoping that she will not have cause to use it. Resting the stock above her hip, she flicks through a small, but very book with her left hand. Satisfied she has found the right entry, she places her thumb between the page, ready to look up an entry at a moment's notice.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running: