New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr Forgotten Realms Game

Hammertouch - Goliath Barbarian

Noticing that Ash is walking rather than riding Hammertouch slings his hammer across his back and lifts the little lady onto his other shoulder, opposite Rabbit, in order to make better time.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saevanna Amalith - Moon Elf, Druid

Saevanna lead the group through the woods with Lylas slightly ahead of her. She tried to keep a watchful eye on the surrounds as she moved through the woods.

Spoiler
    Show
    If needed:
    Spot - (1d20+8)[26]
    Listen - (1d20+8)[23]
    Characters:
    Laurel Evenwood - Human Ranger of Ehlonna - The Red Hand of Doom

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit - Ghostwise Halfling Wizard

Once again, Rabbit will gladly accept Hammertouch's shoulder-hospitality, but when he sees the Goliath reaching down to grab Ash, he offers a quick word of caution.

Telepathy with Hammertouch
    Spoiler
    Show

"Ooooh, I'd be careful with that one my large friend. She may look small, but she's got a bark I would have expected from one your size. She looks pretty interested in her book there and them bookish types dont usually take well to bein' interrupted when they're readin."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Telari – Elf Rogue

As they move away from the others Telari studies Garret, his surety of movement and the ease with which he keeps his presence discrete. Pleased to have a companion on the trail who matches his own temperament, they set a good pace, following the signs of the orcs passage back to its source.

A few hours later a breath of wind crosses Telari’s face and taking a deep breath he confirms it. Orc scent; an acrid musk in the air, foul and unpleasant, looking over he sees that Garret has noticed it as well and they both smoothly lower themselves to the ground. Inching forwards they reach a point where they can see the orcs, the tents and the entrance to a mountain path. Watching for a few moments Telari signals and they move back out of sight then he speaks in a hushed tone

One of us should return to the others. The other should find a place better hidden, from which to obsherve and strike when the others arrive sowing confusion among the orcs. If shomething should go amiss for the one who remains we must agree a signal that will alert the other to danger. Friend Garret you have shown yourshelf a skilled traveler, I would defer to you the task you desire.
    Spoiler
    Show

Telari - Elven Woodsman - Accepted to Stupnick's Cormyr Forgotten Realms

Segan - Human Sorcerer Priest - Accepted to NeonBlack's Barrow of the Forgotten King

Gorlang - Goblin Cleric - Accepted to Dragonprime's Goblins!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Mythseeker - Whisper Gnome Archivist

As she is hosited into the air, Ash's eyebrow twitches with mild irritation, but she says nothing. After a few minutes she lowers her book and peers around at the higher scenery I am to be Huginn or Munin, I wonder? she thinks to herself with a wry smile before returning to her book.
    Last edited by Penril; 2008-05-16 at 01:48 AM.
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

6. - Top - End - #246

As Garret and Telari discuss what to do, Garret decides that he is going to head back and lead the group here. I will be back with them shortly.

After about an hour and a half walk you spot the group heading your direction, and you can tell that Saevanna easily spots you, as you weren't trying to hide yourself. Knowing the direction to go, it doesn't take you but 45 minutes to get back to the location.

While watching the camp Telari, you notice that orc's 1 and 4 are making small loops around the camp area. The other orcs are barely paying attention. You have not seen anyone enter or exit the cave.

Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

((I wont be able to post till saturday afternoon, so I'll speed things up my rolling my initiative now ))

(1d20+2)[12]

Thoughts of mythical birds are pushed aside as Ash realises that battle is nigh once more. Hopping down from Hammertouch, she inwardly curses her lack of knowledge on such a common subject as Orcs and wishing she could do more. Drawing her trusty book and wand, she prepares to do what she can.
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Telari - Elf Rogue

Taking a few minutes to study the patterns of the orc guards Telari takes a piece of chalk and leaves the group a quick map indicating his intentions. Then moving with care, an arrow strung to the Starbow, he moves forwards seeking a hidden spot where he can strike at the orcs to best advantage.

Spoiler
    Show
    Telari is basically looking for a spot from which he can sneak attack with his bow and hopefully obtain surprise for the group.

Take ten if possible on both of these otherwise:
    Move Silently (1d20+13)[31]
    Hide (1d20+13)[16]

Initiative (1d20+5)[15]
    Hp: 22
    Ac: 20, F/T: 15
    Spoiler
    Show

Segan - Human Sorcerer Priest - Accepted to NeonBlack's Barrow of the Forgotten King

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride
    Garret smiles at the Druid, "We've got the orc camp located. Telari is there now so be ready."
    Spoiler
    Show

The great avatar of Wyven and Newt by Mephibosheth

10. - Top - End - #250

Hammertouch smiles in greeting as they find Garret. That smiles widens to a grin at the mention of an orc camp. He gently lowers Rabbit to the ground to join Ash who climbed down earlier and unslings his hammer. He stretches out his muscles as they continue to walk on preparing for battle.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas

"Orc camp, you say? Tell me before we get there... there's a few thing I'd like to do that may assist us..." He casually reaches over to his scroll case, unfurling his mass of parchment and finding the few that he will need...

"Oh yes. This will work out nicely."

12. - Top - End - #252

Garret directs the group to where Telari used to be, but he is gone. There is a diagram showing where he went tho, into the moutains above the orcs.

I need hide rolls from everyone, and move silently if you want to attempt that.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-05-17 at 11:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Before we get too close, I'd like to cast Invisibility on myself from a scroll (3 minute duration).

(1d20+19)[36] vs DC 22

14. - Top - End - #254

Hammertouch will follow directions to be careful on the approach so as not to give themselves away too soon. He'll be happy enough to stop and let the smaller and more stealthy party members creep closer if so asked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide (1d20+1)[16] +2 dex, -1 armour check

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Mor'

"Friends, would you like me to see inside the cave? I can cast a spell to give me distance vision, or perhaps hearing, from several hundred feet away. My knowledge of languages is limited, unfortunately, so I do not speak orcish, but I will be able to see inside the cave unless it is shrouded with magic. Hence, I recommend vision," whispered the cleric. "The spell does take several minutes to cast, however," Mor added.

"Also, I would pray for Mystra's help in this conflict; that aid will only last a few minutes and will only touch those near to me. I will cast it just before we engage, if you believe it will be helpful."

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: (d20+1)[15]
    Hide: (d20+1)[9]
    Move Silently: (if it applies) [roll]d20+1][/roll

16. - Top - End - #256
    Dwarf in the Playground

After following Garret back to the location, Saevanna and Lylas moved into a position behind rock cover. Once there, she grabbed a piece of fallen wood and said quietly in elven, "I call for your protection, please clad us in your armour." As she finished, a thin bark coating covered both Saevanna and Lylas.

Spoiler
    Show

Saevanna
    Hide - (1d20+2)[5]
    MoveSilently - (1d20+2)[19]
    Init - (1d20+2)[18]
    HP - 28/28
    AC - 20/16/18 (+3)
    F/R/W - 3/3/8

Casting Barkskin, +3 AC, 50 minutes

Lylas
    Hide - (1d20+3)[19]
    MoveSilently - (1d20+3)[6]
    Init - (1d20+3)[7]
    HP - 30/30
    AC – 20/16/17 (+3)
    F/R/W – 7/7/2

Saevanna and Lylas will Move to C23 area
    Characters:

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride
    Garret stretches in preparation for the fight, and pulls out his two handaxes ready for battle. He stays at forest level and waits for Mor to finish his spell.
    Spoiler
    Show

The great avatar of Wyven and Newt by Mephibosheth

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bilken Dessum - Fire Genasi Fighter/Favored Soul

Bilken does his best to stay quiet and out of sight as the group nears the Orc camp. He keeps his chain ready and prays that he can get to the front fast enough.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hiding is not Bilken's specialty...=P

Hide - (1d20-5)[10]
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martoss Krumder, Dwarven Cleric of Wee Jas
    Gorm, Goblin Barbarian//Scout
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue
    Jin Durann, Tiefling Fighter
    Bilken Dessum, Fire Genasi Fighter//Favored Soul

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Good idea, Mor'. Knowledge is the key to any victory. Let us see what lies within the cave."

Ash considers the situation and puts her wand away in favour of her crossbow. Following the example of the more experienced woodland warriors, Ash hunkers down and keeps quiet.

Hide - (1d20+10)[22]
    Move Silently - (1d20+6)[18]
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit bobs his head enthusiastically at the mention of the magical spying. He follows along and stays close to Mor, so he can watch the spell being cast.

Before getting too close, he stops and pulls out one of the rods on his belt. The rod in one hand, he takes a small piece of leather from his pouch and waves it through the air and over his head in a circle before replacing the leather in his pouch and the rod on his belt.

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Mage Armor, using the Rod of Lesser Metamagic to apply the Silent Spell metamagaic feat to it on the fly.

Hide - (1d20+8)[21]
    Move Silently - (1d20+8)[14]

21. - Top - End - #261

Stopping outside of the area a little ways, you are easily able to get w/in the 640ft, w/o being seen, now whether they patrol this area or not, you do not know.

Edit:
    Spending almost 22 minutes casting the spell an in trance during the spell, you don't seem to run into any problems. No orcs wander by. No one else bothers you.

What you are able to see in, is just about 10-15 ft as darkness envelopes the area further in. What you are able to see if just cave walls, watching there for the 12 minutes, you do see an orc walk into the cave, and then after about 3 minutes he walks back out with a carcass of a squirrel on a spig. From there he walks over to the fire and begins roasting it. No other activity is noticed. You are able to tell the cave is just naturally dark, not magically, as when he was walking in, his faint outline was still there for another 5-10 ft.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-05-19 at 04:11 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

22. - Top - End - #262

Hammertouch settles down into an easy squat as Mor' begins to cast a spell. However as it takes longer and longer to cast he begins to fidget. Not a pretty sight a man as big as he is fidgeting.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Dwarf in the Playground

Telari - Elf Rogue

Relaxed but ready, nestled in the shadow of a rock, Telari waits. An arrow is strung to his bow but his cloak, loosely wrapped around him breaks up the shape of his form. Patience. It is the hunters best weapon.

He is watching the spot where he left his map for some flicker of movement to determine his allies have arrived, his peripheral aware of the orcs and their positions.

Catching a hint of cloth flapping in the breeze by the rock Telari shifts his watch to the orcs - his allies are out there - it is nearly time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot (1d20+7)[27] looking for his allies
    edit - natural 20! Bit of a waste, but I see you
    Last edited by Saihyol; 2008-05-20 at 06:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You don't see me! Hooray invisibility!

Andreas

Andreas peers at the camp of orcs, adjusting his goggles when he gets within 60' of the furthest orc he can see and using Detect Magic.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We should discuss tactics...we could rush in as one concentrated force, split up and attack them from each side...maybe we could lure them away from the entrance and take them out before they can alert their freinds in the cave?"

Bilken feels restless, the thought of battle make his heart pump faster...but he understands that a plan could be of great benefit.

"Did you happen to see any more enemies in the cave?"
    he whispers to Mor.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martoss Krumder, Dwarven Cleric of Wee Jas
    Gorm, Goblin Barbarian//Scout
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue
    Jin Durann, Tiefling Fighter
    Bilken Dessum, Fire Genasi Fighter//Favored Soul

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Mor

Mor'iasti carefully cast his spell, trying not to attract any undo attention by his words or motions. After ten minutes, the magical sensor appeared inside the cave.

"Well, I don't see much of anyone," the cleric whispered. "It's dark in there, as you would expect, but not magically dark. There aren't any light sources. One orc just walked into the cave, but he doesn't seem excited about anything."

Mor waited for a few minutes until the orc came back out. "I didn't see where he got the squirrel from; there must be a larder somewhere further in." The cleric continued to sit, eyes closed. He rotated his point of view slowly, to make sure he wasn't missing anything hiding in the shadows of the cave. After the spell duration had passed, he shrugged and whispered, "That's all I saw. If there's another force in the cave, it's far enough back that I can't see it; anyone in there shouldn't be able to see us sneak up either unless they have magic to aid them."

Quote Originally Posted by Methates View Post

"We should discuss tactics...we could rush in as one concentrated force, split up and attack them from each side...maybe we could lure them away from the entrance and take them out before they can alert their friends in the cave?"
    "Ah, whatever you think best. I can ask a prayer of My Lady that will last a few moments; perhaps you can suggest the best way to do that, ah, tactically." Mor waited for a decision and readied his crossbow and morningstar while he sat.

27. - Top - End - #267

Hammertouch listens to Mor's report. Looking at Bilkem he says, "I favour straight assault. And I think you have some catching up to do. It is 4 for me and none for you Bilkem Dessum." He grins eagerly.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Mythseeker - Whisper Gnomer Archivist

Ash nods in agreement. "I agree. If we try and divide our forces or stick to a fire fight, the Orcs would most likely simply pull back to the safety of the cave which leaves us spread out. And I imagine they could hold us off for ages in that bottleneck, it's far easier to defend."
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit scrunches up his chubby cheeks as he lobs some thoughts around in his head. His pointer finger shoots up triumphantly as one possibility comes to him. Reaching out to Mor, he explains his thought,

Telepathy with Mor
    Spoiler
    Show

"What we need is some kind of distraction to lure them out of their cave. I could maybe make an illusion of their fallen scouts, or summon some kind of animal to charge into their camp and then draw them further out. Maybe some wolves or something else that would be attracted by the smell of their meat roasting on the fire."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Dwarf in the Playground

Said after Mor mentions Rabbit's idea

"If you wish to do that, Lylas will lead the 'charge' of the illusionary wolves. I would imagine that a real wolf with illusionary ones would be more successful than without."

Spoiler
    Show
    If that is the plan, Saevanna might have to dismiss the barkskin. I don't know if it would only cover his skin and be hidden by the hair, or if it would be obvious that he was covered in bark. If it is obvious, she will need to dismiss it.
    Characters: