New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Thomas

I don't know about this book business. It's like gramps always told me. "Son, sometimes it's hard to tell creeper vines from poison ivy." This might not be what it looks like. Or it might be exactly what it looks like...

2. - Top - End - #602

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess nobody's interested? I hope this campaign doesn't fall apart before we even reach a dungeon...

3. - Top - End - #603
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

[that would be most annoying.]

4. - Top - End - #604

[Chrono]

"Alright, we have a book, lets call it a guide for now... How about we just try and follow what the stories say to do?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still around... I just think we're in such a rut such that we don't have enough info to continue.
    ~shrugs~
    My thoughts only
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

5. - Top - End - #605

SwashbucklerGuy

[What do you need to know?]

6. - Top - End - #606
    Bugbear in the Playground

RangerGuy

Martyn
    "I think it is clear that we will be getting no more help, and no more information. I propose we all retire to collect anything we require for the trip, and meet in one hours time, in the great square outside the palace. From there we can make our way to towards the City of Brass."

Spoiler
    Show
    I think we have all been waiting for a little more DM guidance or narrative, but looking back through a bit of this thread, it's not really your style to lead too much. We need to chose a course of action and get moving, methinks.

Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

7. - Top - End - #607
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar strokes his bristly red moustache and muses."I agree with Martin. And I think we should set out for Karth and f-f-f...F-Ah-TCHOO! Find what awaits us and then then consult the book again. We could find a sage to examine the book, but I fear the time required will delay our mission and as for the expense well...I couldn't really help very much with that. I have everything I need for the journey and I'm sure there will be a place where we can resupply."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll get a suggested marching order up a bit later today, using the chars that have posted so far. And we can discuss if it's alright.
    Last edited by Mudguard; 2008-10-10 at 10:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

(Marcado): "Yes, please...let's head out. I'm equipped and ready to leave immediately."

"I know we have little to go on, but we *do* have that dreaded children's book, and maybe we can make some more sense of it on the road. I'm sorry, but I just want to get some distance from these folk here - they're stares are quite disturbing."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey guys, I am moving (new house!) starting tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday, and will most likely be without internet until Monday. If I find a hotspot to drop in at for a few minutes, I will log on and check out posting status. If I cannot do that, then I will be on an post sometime Monday. Sorry for any delay I may cause. If you need a specific interaction from me, feel free to "play" my guy until then, if you so desire. See ya soon!

9. - Top - End - #609
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DoomCup View Post
    "This might not be what it looks like. Or it might be exactly what it looks like..."
    "Aye, difficult to tell without a proper translation. I don't know about the rest of ye, but at least I'd feel better going into this "suicide mission" knowing that we tried to find any hidden meaning behind this child's tome."

10. - Top - End - #610
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

"Gathering my things and a few extras then I'm set."

[OOC: Still waiting on a response to my previous questions]

11. - Top - End - #611

SwashbucklerGuy

[Sorry, I didn't notice them

It's evening, turning to night. But there's likely to be a shop open, or at least someone who can be woken up, at any hour.

You think it'd take 2 days on foot to get to Karsh.

If you want to buy any extra equipment that's in the rules, you can just cross off the money and add them to your character sheet.]

12. - Top - End - #612
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

[OOC: No problem, thanks!]

Oliver

Oliver goes to gather his things and along the way purchases an extra Dagger and some fishing line.

Spoiler
    Show
    3Gp for the Dagger and I estimated 1Sp for the fishing line, let me know if that's not right

He then returns shortly thereafter.

"I'm all set but it's getting late. Leave now or meet here in the morning to set out?"

13. - Top - End - #613
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar

"Why don't we all meet here again and then set out in the morning. No need to be hasty."

Suggested marching order(Two by Two)
    Spoiler
    Show

Chrono (Fighter)/ Burrik Fireforge (Dwarf)
    Marcado (Elf) / Fimer (Dwarf)
    Oliver (Halfling)/ Edgar Bull (Cleric)
    Altair (Magic User) / Azul Agnikzur (Magic User)
    Thomas (Fighter)/ Martyn (Cleric)

Just wondering if Thomas with slightly higher AC might be better as a rearguard fighter. Put my cleric nearer the front for quick healing, and Marcado the elf into second rank. Those are three things that could be tinkered with in my opinion. Just a suggested one anyway, so chip in with thoughts.
    Last edited by Mudguard; 2008-10-11 at 07:12 PM.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Troll in the Playground

Burrik

"Settin' out in tha mornin' sounds fine to me. I've just got ta get me donkey and the rest o' me stuff and I'll be set."

Spoiler
    Show
    That marching order seems fine for me. I'll probably be riding for a bit (perhaps I should take a look at mounted combat rules just in case ), but being in front's fine as far as having the HP in case some danger comes from that direction.
    Last edited by RTGoodman; 2008-10-11 at 08:48 PM.
    The Playgrounder Formerly Known as rtg0922

Homebrew:
    "Themes of Ansalon" - A 4E Dragonlance Supplement
    Homebrew Compendium

15. - Top - End - #615

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sygel View Post
    3Gp for the Dagger and I estimated 1Sp for the fishing line, let me know if that's not right.
    1sp is fine, if it's just the line.

16. - Top - End - #616

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Koren n'Rhys View Post
    I think we have all been waiting for a little more DM guidance or narrative, but looking back through a bit of this thread, it's not really your style to lead too much. We need to chose a course of action and get moving, methinks.
    [That's right, I try not to 'push' in a particular direction.

The options I can think of are:

i) go to the tower and try to get the idol.

ii) 'run away' into the wilderness, towards another city, or to one of the villages around the city (although there's regular contact between these villages and the city).

iii) stay in the city - maybe hiding in the sewers?]

17. - Top - End - #617

Thomas

So in the morning, eh? No problem, a good night's rest is fine before starting on a new venture.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just wondering if Thomas with slightly higher AC might be better as a rearguard fighter.
    Sure, I think I'd prefer being in the back anyway.

18. - Top - End - #618

RangerGuy

Martyn

"Ah, my apologies. I did not realize the lateness of the hour. Morning is fine - it makes no difference to me." He adds with a shrug, "Sometimes time gets away from me..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Marching order looks fine to me. Martyn would be perfectly content in the back, in a healing role. I assume we are indeed heading for the tower in morning, right?

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

19. - Top - End - #619
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

[OOC]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Marching order is fine with me. Just waiting for the morning to arrive

20. - Top - End - #620

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, marching order looks good, off to the wall!

As for a language, I think I will take elf.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar rises early, washes and puts on his travelling clothes. He eats some simple gruel and spends half and hour praying that Goibhniu will grant the group a safe journey.
    Having made sure everything is packed he hastens to the meeting place outside the palace and waits for his companions.

Once they arrive: "I hope you slept well, shall we be off?". He'll head out of the palace grounds with them on the road for Karth.

22. - Top - End - #622

Thomas

Meets up with Edgar all bleary-eyed. How could anyone sleep with all that noise?? It's nothing like back home...

23. - Top - End - #623

[Chrono]

After a strangely calm, and restful night, the warrior strides back to the meeting place, his hands clasped behind his back. "I don't know what you're talking about. Just believe it's white noise, and use it to lull one to a deeper sleep." He yawned slightly. "Haven't slept like that in a kobold's age. So, we all ready?."
    Characters:

I live on the time zone which is -5 hours to GMT, but I'm a night owl. Beware!

24. - Top - End - #624

Altair

Altair gives a sombre nod. "Let's get this over with..."

25. - Top - End - #625

RangerGuy

Martyn
    "A fine morning to meet our destiny, companions! By the grace of Diancecht we shall satisfy our Queen's demands, and bring succor to those held in thrall behind the dread brass walls of Karth." With his pack on his back and staff in hand, Martyn stands ready to depart when everyone has arrived.

Player:
    Obligatory Blogroll:

26. - Top - End - #626
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

Oliver wanders up to his new companions.

"I'm ready. Let's see what this wall has to offer."

27. - Top - End - #627

SwashbucklerGuy

You head to the East Gate. It's the least-used of the city gates, leading as it does to nothing but a few villages and then the desert. There's a beggar here, and of course two guards.

"Where are you off to?" the guard asks.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

"Morning good Sir! We are heading East towards the Wall."

29. - Top - End - #629

SwashbucklerGuy

"By Hestia...why?"

30. - Top - End - #630

Altiar

"Why indeed..." The mage yawns and rubs his eyes. "To do what no man has done before in highly suicidal fashion."