New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Edgar rolls up his sleeves. "Do you have a spade? It's also a long time since I tilled the soil..." Edgar's moustache twitches up and down earnestly. To his companions. "Excuse me, this won't take too long."
    Last edited by Mudguard; 2008-10-23 at 11:20 PM.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

"Uh, that's a great way to get diseases..." Altair looks genuinely repulsed.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    Edgar rolls up his sleeves. "Do you have a spade? It's also a long time since I tilled the soil..." Edgar's moustache twitches up and down earnestly. To his companions. "Excuse me, this won't take too long."
    The peasant hands you a small gardening spade.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar takes the spade from the peasant. "Where are these spuds then?"
    Once directed to the potato patch, Edgar will begin digging vigorously. He'll occasionally stop to pick up the unearthed potatoes and put them in a neat pile, then he'll wipe his hands on his cloak and begin digging again.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

Oliver was never much for manual labor, he would much rather eat the potatoes than dig them out of the ground. So he decides if the group is going to spend a bit of time here in the village he may as well find a place to relax.

"I'll be just over there in the shade when it's time to move on."

And with that Oliver heads over to the nearest patch of shade and takes a seat for a bit.

6. - Top - End - #666
    Halfling in the Playground

Thomas

Having often pulled his weight during the annual harvest, he's no stranger to stirring up a little ground. Alright, I'll help, then.

7. - Top - End - #667

SwashbucklerGuy

[OK - everyone who hasn't, post whether you're helping, resting, exploring the village etc]
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-10-24 at 10:38 PM.

8. - Top - End - #668

[Altair goes to explore the village]

9. - Top - End - #669

RangerGuy

Alright folks - sorry to say, I'm going to pass on this game. Just not playing out in a style that works for me.

No offense intended Jolly Steve. Good luck to the rest of you. Enjoy the game.

Player:
    RC D&D: Old Ways OOC/IC/My PC
    Obligatory Blogroll:
    RetroCyberpunk where I tinker at CHROME, an OSR cyberpunk RPG
    Kingdoms in Trevail for my Classic D&D ramblings + other "old-school goodness"

10. - Top - End - #670
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

(Marcado)

Marcado rests.

11. - Top - End - #671

[This post has had the stupid knocked out of it. We apologize for the inconvenience.]
    Last edited by DoomCup; 2008-10-26 at 07:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #672

Thomas

He gladly lends a hand harvesting the potato crop, figuring a good deed would be the best thing to do.

Spoiler
    Show
    I apologize if my previous post seemed rude. I'm genuinely eager to see where this campaign goes. I'm sorry if it seemed negative.

13. - Top - End - #673

SwashbucklerGuy

Thomas and Edgar:

Billy also helps you. He needs no spade, saying that he was once the head gardner of the king of far Carcosa, who forbade all implements on his lands for fear of assassination.

The peasant mutters his thanks, and presents the three of you with a full waterskin each.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-10-27 at 01:08 AM.

14. - Top - End - #674

SwashbucklerGuy

Meanwhile...

Marcado and Oliver end up in the shade of a huge tree - so big that you'd think the barren soil wouldn't support it.

A young man stares at you, as if you were the most amazing thing he'd ever seen.

"What are you doing?"
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-10-27 at 01:06 AM.

15. - Top - End - #675

SwashbucklerGuy

Meanwhile...

Altair explores the village.

The low huts and mangy dogs are as you expected.

However you do notice a strange thing. A field on the edge of the village seems to have a grave in it - nowhere near the wooden temple and its attendant graveyard.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-10-27 at 01:17 AM.

16. - Top - End - #676

Thomas

Glad to help! Thank you for your generous gift! He then decides to run off and see what the others are up to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Even number means he scampers off to see what Altair's doing, odd number means he pokes into Marcado and Oliver's business.

(1d4)[1]

17. - Top - End - #677

Altair, often led to such places out of a morbid curiousity, inspects the gravesite. He will also enquire about it to anyone he sees nearby.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

"Oh! Very nice of you, thank you." Edgar smiles at the peasant as he takes the wineskin. "I might just have a drink right now!" Edgar raises the wineskin to his mouth and takes a deep drink from it.

19. - Top - End - #679

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    Altair, often led to such places out of a morbid curiousity, inspects the gravesite. He will also enquire about it to anyone he sees nearby.
    It seems quite small, dwarf- or halfling-sized.

There's a gravestone, but it's very hard to read what's written there.

Lying on the grave is a smooth stone, very flat and round - like one that you'd use to 'skip stones' over water, if there was any for miles around.

You see a child walking towards you from the village.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-10-27 at 08:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #680

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    "Oh! Very nice of you, thank you." Edgar smiles at the peasant as he takes the wineskin. "I might just have a drink right now!" Edgar raises the wineskin to his mouth and takes a deep drink from it.
    You writhe in agony as the poison..no, it's just normal water.

The peasant indicates the village well.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-10-27 at 08:54 AM.

21. - Top - End - #681

Thomas

Wanders around until he arrives at the tees where Marcado and Oliver are resting. He also sees the kid being so amazed at them for some reason. He hangs back to watch what happens, thinking it best not to interfere.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Pixie in the Playground

Fimer will explore the village (hopefully able to keep up with Altair, if I'm too late for that then he will attempt to find him and look around as well)

23. - Top - End - #683
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Marcado, feeling the familiar "stare", edges his bandanna up a bit in a futile attempt to shade his face. He was just thinking how peaceful this massive tree made him feel, even though it feels somewhat out-of-place here.

"Hmmn...where's the water source for this huge wonder of nature?"
    he wonders to himself, but still somewhat aloud.

"Err...eh?...we're....we're just resting."

Beginning to wonder more about this massive tree, Marcado inquires, "Excuse me, young one...but may I ask your name?"

Marcado is beginning to think he'd like to get a look at the surrounding areas from atop this giant treetop.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Steve View Post
    Meanwhile...

Marcado and Oliver end up in the shade of a huge tree - so big that you'd think the barren soil wouldn't support it.

A young man stares at you, as if you were the most amazing thing he'd ever seen.

"What are you doing?"

24. - Top - End - #684
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Meanwhile...

"What are you doing?"
    Oliver

"We are on a very special mission for the queen." Oliver says to the young man. "We thought we would take a short rest before continuing on our journey. By the way, this is quite an impressive feat your village has done in keeping this tree alive in this dry land. How did you accomplish it?"

25. - Top - End - #685

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DoomCup View Post
    Thomas

Glad to help! Thank you for your generous gift! He then decides to run off and see what the others are up to.
    On the way you notice what looks like it might be a tavern.

26. - Top - End - #686

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shack View Post
    Fimer will explore the village (hopefully able to keep up with Altair, if I'm too late for that then he will attempt to find him and look around as well)
    [Yep - Altair, note that Fimer came with you.]

27. - Top - End - #687

SwashbucklerGuy

"We are on a very special mission for the queen." Oliver says to the young man.
    His eyes widen.

"Err...eh?...we're....we're just resting."

Beginning to wonder more about this massive tree, Marcado inquires, "Excuse me, young one...but may I ask your name?"
    "I'm Inim-shara."

"We thought we would take a short rest before continuing on our journey. By the way, this is quite an impressive feat your village has done in keeping this tree alive in this dry land. How did you accomplish it?"
    "Oh, well...I don't really know much about that. It's always been there though, that's for sure. So, what's your mission? Are you spies?"
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-10-29 at 08:01 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688

Thomas

He sees this possible tavern. Oh, hey, that may be a tavern! Neat, I'm sure the others will like that. But before he tells the others, he walks in to see what it's like first.

29. - Top - End - #689

Altair

"What good is a grave without a name?" Altair says, possibly to Fimer, possibly to no-one. He spots a nearby child and asks him if there is anything important about the site.

30. - Top - End - #690
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

His eyes widen.

"I'm Inim-shara."

"Oh, well...I don't really know much about that. It's always been there though, that's for sure. So, what's your mission? Are you spies?"
    Oliver

"Well Inim-shara, I'm Oliver and this is Marcado, and a good spy can never reveal he's a spy right? As for our mission, it's a secret. But I can tell you that the first part is trying to figure out how to get on to the other side of the great wall." Oliver says queitly so only the boy and Marcado can hear.

"I don't suppose you know something that could help us out do you?"
    Last edited by Sygel; 2008-10-30 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Fixed dialog