New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Altair

"Perhaps later." He turns back to the barkeep. "So there is nowhere I can buy supplies? Waterskins, rope?"

2. - Top - End - #752
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Quote Originally Posted by Mudguard View Post
    Edgar "Hmm, well...A-A-Tchoo!" Edgar nods apologetically to the peasant, and waves his hand in thanks before heading further into the village to look around and find his companions.

[He's interested in checking out the temple, if he spots that]
    You do indeed find the temple. It's a small white wooden building, a temple to Isis of the kind you'd expect to find in any village or town. There's no one there, but it's open.

3. - Top - End - #753

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
    Altair

"Perhaps later." He turns back to the barkeep. "So there is nowhere I can buy supplies? Waterskins, rope?"
    "We mostly buy that kind of stuff from traders when they come through. But there's no telling when that'll be."
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-11-09 at 11:13 PM.

4. - Top - End - #754

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sygel View Post
    Oliver

Noticing Marcado has been up in the tree for quite awhile, Oliver moves to look and see if everything is alright.
    Oliver subtly tries to look up the tree. But not subtly enough...

Inim-shara says fearfully "what are you looking at Oliver?"
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-11-09 at 11:21 PM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar stands outside the temple and blows his nose on his sleeve repeatedly to try and clear his sinuses before entering the temple.
    He enters respectfully and looks round before calling quietly "Hallo, Anyone here?"

6. - Top - End - #756
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Steve View Post
    Oliver subtly tries to look up the tree. But not subtly enough...

Inim-shara says fearfully "what are you looking at Oliver?"
    Oliver

"Oh nothing, I was just thinking I could get a good view of the surrounding area from up there. Have you ever climbed up this tree?"

7. - Top - End - #757
    Halfling in the Playground

Thomas

Fair enough. He stows away the wineskin for future enjoyment. After hearing what the barkeep had to say about supplies, he looks down in thought, then turns to Altair. I guess we could head back to the city right quick, if you need something. Though we might need to let the others know before we do.

8. - Top - End - #758

SwashbucklerGuy

Edgar stands outside the temple and blows his nose on his sleeve repeatedly to try and clear his sinuses before entering the temple.
    He enters respectfully and looks round before calling quietly "Hallo, Anyone here?"
    No one answers. Everything looks exactly as you'd expect a temple to Isis to look - it could be the original for a sentimental painting of "the village temple back home."

9. - Top - End - #759

SwashbucklerGuy

Oliver

"Oh nothing, I was just thinking I could get a good view of the surrounding area from up there. Have you ever climbed up this tree?"
    His hands fly up, as if warding off something.

"What? No! No, you can't. It's not allowed."

10. - Top - End - #760
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

His hands fly up, as if warding off something.

"What? No! No, you can't. It's not allowed."
    Oliver

"Really? Why is that?"

"I have an idea, why don't you show me around your village. Maybe we'll come across the rest of my group too."

11. - Top - End - #761

SwashbucklerGuy

Oliver

"Really? Why is that?"

"I have an idea, why don't you show me around your village. Maybe we'll come across the rest of my group too."
    "Why? Well, because it's very fragile. It might break and then someone might get killed."

"Good idea. Let's start by going to the tavern hey?" He leads you straight to the tavern. [unless you protest]

12. - Top - End - #762
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

Oliver follows after him, hoping Marcado can safely make his way back down the tree on his own.

[OOC]Assuming he's still around. He hasn't posted in almost a week now.

13. - Top - End - #763

SwashbucklerGuy

Oliver

Oliver follows after him, hoping Marcado can safely make his way back down the tree on his own.
    At the tavern Inim-shara says "Mary...I told Oliver that no one's allowed to climb the tree because it might break, that's right isn't it?"

"It is" Mary nods grimly.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Marcado, hearing the conversation below, smiles a rare smile in thanks to the quick thinking on the part of his companion, Oliver.

"Nice work, my friend...nice work." he whispers to himself.

Feeling ever thankful for the slight build of his people, the light and slender Elf quickly descends, being as careful as possible on his way down.

"Oh, great giant of the woods, I thank you so very much for allowing me to see the lands from such a grand view as yours. May your days be long, and your presence ever known as the great overseer of this land."
    he whispers in praise to the giant tree, as he makes his descent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the few days off of posting, folks. I promise to be more active. Especially sorry for my friend Oliver there, as he patiently waited for the day-dreamin Elf to hurry his Elf-ass up...hehehe...seriously, my bad.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; 2008-11-11 at 10:28 AM.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

No one answers. Everything looks exactly as you'd expect a temple to Isis to look - it could be the original for a sentimental painting of "the village temple back home."
    Edgar goes into the temple and examines it's religious trappings: The altar, the pews, the windows and so on.
    He pays attention to the amount of dust on these objects, as an indication of how often the church is used.
    He relaxes for a bit inside the church and then goes out to look round the building.
    He'll keep his eye out for anyone who seems to be going to enter the church.
    If he spots the graveyard he'll make a respectful tour of that, reading the various names on the stones.

16. - Top - End - #766

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Feeling ever thankful for the slight build of his people, the light and slender Elf quickly descends, being as careful as possible on his way down.

"Oh, great giant of the woods, I thank you so very much for allowing me to see the lands from such a grand view as yours. May your days be long, and your presence ever known as the great overseer of this land."
    he whispers in praise to the giant tree, as he makes his descent.
    You land without incident. No one seems to have noticed you.

17. - Top - End - #767

SwashbucklerGuy

Edgar goes into the temple and examines it's religious trappings: The altar, the pews, the windows and so on.
    He pays attention to the amount of dust on these objects, as an indication of how often the church is used.
    He relaxes for a bit inside the church and then goes out to look round the building.
    He'll keep his eye out for anyone who seems to be going to enter the church.
    If he spots the graveyard he'll make a respectful tour of that, reading the various names on the stones.
    They all seem quite well-cleaned.

You do notice the graveyard, and make a tour. The gravestones themselves seem normal. However it seems strange that, in a village so obviously old, there are so few gravestones.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

Oliver takes a look around the tavern.

"Very nice place. Well Inim, we should probably continue on with the tour and find the rest of my group. Good Day Mary."

[OOC]What time of day is it now?

[OOC to yoyorobbo]No problem

19. - Top - End - #769

SwashbucklerGuy

[It's early afternoon]

20. - Top - End - #770

Thomas

Looks towards the door, blinking. Was that just Oliver that came by? Wonder what he's up to... Decides to go catch up with him and see what's going on.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

Realizing he's still carrying the book under his arm, Oliver pauses to put it back into his backpack. Upon doing so he turns and notices Thomas approach from the Tavern.

"Hey Thomas, I musta missed you in there. This here is Inim-Shara, he's been showing me around his town. Inim, this is Thomas."

Turning back to Thomas, "Any idea where the others went? We should probably figure out what we plan to do next."

22. - Top - End - #772

SwashbucklerGuy

[the village is small enough that you can just assume that you all find each other, without having to role-play it out, if everyone wants to be found]

23. - Top - End - #773

Thomas

Nods to Inim-Shara. Nice to meet you. Then turns to Oliver to answer him. Well, Altair was in the tavern as well, I wasn't paying attention as to whether he followed us. You're right, we should get our heads together with what we've found out and see whether we can come up with a way past that wall.

Spoiler
    Show
    [the village is small enough that you can just assume that you all find each other, without having to role-play it out, if everyone wants to be found]
    I'm okay with that. Thought I'd rather not leave a question unanswered, though.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

After puzzling at the cemetary, Edgar goes along to the tavern. No doubt meeting his companions along the way.

"F-F-A-tchoo! Oh...excuse me!" He wipes his moustache with a sleeve. "Funny thing, the graveyard seems a bit empty. I'm going to see where the priest is, maybe he can tell me more."

"Also that chap who wanted his potatoes dug, told me that an underground river feeds the well. The river has an entrance back the way we came in a forest on the other side of the city. I wonder if the book shows anything about a river leading under the brass wall?"

25. - Top - End - #775

SwashbucklerGuy

"Also that chap who wanted his potatoes dug, told me that an underground river feeds the well. The river has an entrance back the way we came in a forest on the other side of the city. I wonder if the book shows anything about a river leading under the brass wall?"
    You look, to find that there's a story which claims that Karsh used to have a river flowing through it (until the gods dried it up in punishment), but nothing about an underground river.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar snuffles a bit while he looks at the book, then flips it open to the first page. Then looks he at the next five pages after that [What is depicted on them?]

"I'm not sure about this book..."

After that he'll head into the tavern and asks the barkeep. "Excuse me, where can I find your priest when he's not in the temple?"
    Last edited by Mudguard; 2008-11-14 at 08:36 AM.

27. - Top - End - #777

SwashbucklerGuy

Edgar snuffles a bit while he looks at the book, then flips it open to the first page. Then looks he at the next five pages after that [What is depicted on them?]

"I'm not sure about this book..."

After that he'll head into the tavern and asks the barkeep. "Excuse me, where can I find your priest when he's not in the temple?"
    The first two pages are blank. Someone has hand-written "To dear Lutetia - Happy Freyamas! Uncle Odo" Lutetia is the queen's name.

Then there's a title page, and after that the first story, which is a highly dubious account of the conquest of Karsh.

The villagers tell you that they don't have a priest - they just take turns acting as lay preachers.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Oliver

Oliver begins to think this village is smelling like a big red fish and that moving on might be the best course of action.

"We should probably head out soon if we want to make any distance before dark. Unless anyone else has a better idea?"

29. - Top - End - #779
    Bugbear in the Playground

Altair

"We should probably head out soon if we want to make any distance before dark. Unless anyone else has a better idea?"
    "I agree," he nods at the locals in the 'tavern,' "though not from lack of hospitality. Perhaps I will buy some of that spirit when we return."

30. - Top - End - #780
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Edgar's incredulity rather overcomes him and he sneezes on and off for about half a minute before finally recovering and asking "Well, if you don't have a priest...perhaps you would like one? The other thing is could tell me where you bury all your dead? Your graveyard seems rather small in relation to the size and age of your village."