New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Tan approaches Rathous' body. The three jackals standing over it howl at him. They lunge. Tan butts two of them away with his shield, but the third bites into his leg. Tan brings his mace down, but the jackal is too quick.

Spoiler
    Show
    the jackal hit for 2 damage, putting you on 3 HP.

Watt nimbly climbs up one of the houses and on to the roof, avoiding the jackal snapping at his heels. He looks down on the chaos.

Rorik and Selin face the remaining jackals. Rorik darts forward, surprisingly qauickly, and just nicks one's leg.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Assault on the Palaces of the Ape-Sultans (Basic D&D / Labyrinth Lord)

Selin again advances towards one of the jackals.

Spoiler
    Show

Let's hope for better rolls this time...
    (1d20)[8]
    And hoping I'll hit... (1d8)[8] damage

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Given that I'm on the roofs already, I'm going to move to get as close and clear a shot as I can at the 3-on-1 fight and attempt to shoot one of the jackals.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[2]
    (1d8)[8]
    Last edited by Myshlaevsky; 2008-05-24 at 11:30 PM.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Halfling in the Playground

ClericGuy

Tan stands his ground.

(1d20)[8]
    (1d6)[4]

5. - Top - End - #245

SwashbucklerGuy

One jackal stands barking up at Watt, frantically trying to find a way on to the roof.

The other jackals suddenly get quieter, and more calculating.

Tan holds the three jackals at bay, neither side managing to find an opening.

The two remaining jackals stare unmoving at Selin and Tan. They look like greyhounds about to race.

Watt's crossobow bolt thuds into the dirt.

Rorik is distracted for a second, and a greyhound jumps forward, biting into his leg.

Spoiler
    Show
    for 4 damage, leaving 6 HP.

6. - Top - End - #246

ClericGuy

Tan tries to yell over the jackal's barking.

This isn't going very well. Maybe we should try to get inside.

Tan makes a fighting retreat toward the building with the talking skeleton.

(1d20)[7]
    (1d6)[3]

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Do you expect this cowardly skeleton to open the door for us? Anyway, things can hardly get worse.

Selin again attacks a jackal ((1d20)[4] (1d8)[6]) and then steps backwards towards the building.

8. - Top - End - #248

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll wait a little while for the others to post.

9. - Top - End - #249

Watt steps lightly to the edge of the roof, making certain of sure footing, before reloading and taking another shot at the barking jackal below.

"Things can always get worse, Selin! Some cover is better than none at all."

Spoiler
    Show

Come on, let's try and actually hit something this time. I've got a +3 bonus, it shouldn't be that hard.

(1d20)[19]
    (1d8)[3]

By my working, I should have 7 shots left now, seeing as I recovered the very first one. Is this correct?

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What the...? What's with those d20s? I didn't get a 10 til now and Watt gets a 19 ^^' dice hate me!!!!

11. - Top - End - #251

SwashbucklerGuy

As Selin backs towards the building, one of the jackals bites him.

Spoiler
    Show
    for 3 damage, leaving 2 HP.

Tan, backed against the wall, manages to hold off two of the jackals while the other yaps in frustration, unable to find room to attack him.

Watt's shot hits one of the jackals tormenting Tan.

Rorik's axe decapitates one of the jackals with one blow! The jackals turn and run, back the way they came.

Spoiler
    Show
    Watt has 7 crossbow bolts left.

12. - Top - End - #252

DwarfClericGuy

"HAHA!" Rorik shuffles excitedly, his armor clinking and shuffling, towards the head of the beast laying on the ground and gives it a good kick towards the retreating dogs.

Turning back towards his companions, dead and almost dead alike.

"Waell, I feel like a draink. 'Ere's ta yoo Rathous and other dead fellah'."
    After a gulp Rorik starts stripping the carcass of Rathous. Taking his money and weapons and armor off.

Spoiler
    Show
    besides the obvious gain of his money and such, leaving a dead body of a comrade laying about is bad mojo. Plus animals (especially things like jackals) would definitely come sniffing the meal. Let's cremate 'em.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Selin sighs in relief.

Damn bastards... I swear I'll kill every jackal I'll meet in my future life!

Selin then turns his attention towards his comrades, especially checking Erendale, because Rorik already 'cares' for Rathous.

I'm afraid there's nothing I can do...
    Rorik, I'm all for looting fallen comrades, but we should better spent a moment to think, if we're safe here... those jackals might be sent by the skeletons and there might come more!

14. - Top - End - #254

ClericGuy

Tan says a silent prayer for the two who were killed by the jackals. He looks around to see if anything else is approaching.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it dark yet? How far can we see?

Is there enough wood to cremate two bodies? Maybe we should think about getting inside one of these buildings before the dogs get hungry enough to come back.

15. - Top - End - #255

Watt will climb down from the building he was standing on.

"Cover sounds like a good idea - I've still got some rope, we could camp out on one of the roofs, if you're worried about going inside. And while looting them isn't exactly nice, we could probably find a use for Rathous and Erendale's weapons."

He'll move forward and pick up Erendale's bow and quiver, unless anyone stops him.

"I'm going to use this. Someone else can have my crossbow for now, if they want it. If the dogs come back, the further away we are the better."

After that, he'll search the animal's carcass, just to see if it's normal, or collared or with any other kind of mark of ownership.

16. - Top - End - #256

SwashbucklerGuy

The sun has just set, and it's rapidly getting dark. At the moment you can almost see to the horizon.

You can't see any wood anywhere (the buildings are mud, with metal doors).

The jackals' body seems normal. It's surprisingly well-fed. It doesn't have a collar or anything else suggesting an owner - although you suppose it could have come off when Rorik decapitated it.
    Last edited by Jolly Steve; 2008-05-28 at 06:39 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257

DwarfClericGuy

"Bah, this bastard owes me at least his weight in goold far all the trooble he'd put me through in the past. Ah, the stories I coul tell."

A slightly saddened, sentimental chuckle escapes our hard nosed Dwarf, who's reminiscing the time he had to get beat and thrown in prison to help Rathous escape in a far away land long ago.

He also wonders if a town of cursed undead would have a place to lie your dead...

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Selin keeps looking around searching for possible danger or a safe place to rest.

Hm... I'd second the idea of Watt to camp on one of the roofs, if we somehow get Rorik of the ground, hehe.

I'll leave Erendale's and Rathous possessions to you... I'm too lazy to carry them myself. Just take whatever we might need in the future.

And Rorik... I don't mind you being sentimental about your buddy... But the gods will take of him, and we should better take care of us, right now.
    Anyway... maybe those gentle skeletons have means to bring them back into life. Though, I wonder if elves appreciate such actions.

19. - Top - End - #259

ClericGuy

Using the roofs is a good idea. We could move the two bodies onto one roof and then we could spend the night on a different roof. That might keep the jackals away during the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if my lantern survived the fire. If it did, I take it out and light it.

20. - Top - End - #260

"We can place the bodies on one side of the street, and take up position on the other."

Watt will move forward and try and fix up a rope to the sturdiest looking house, climbing up himself and then helping the others. He'll use the rope to climb as well, this time.

Spoiler
    Show

If I need to roll:
    (1d100)[68]

Spoiler
    Show

Rorik should take watch whenever it's darkest, and the rest of us can space out around that.

"I think that tomorrow we should try and investigate the village one last time. I'm having some... bad thoughts about what's happened here and in the carriage."

21. - Top - End - #261

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mingus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if my lantern survived the fire. If it did, I take it out and light it.
    Yours didn't, but Selin has a lantern.

22. - Top - End - #262

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharikov View Post
    Watt will move forward and try and fix up a rope to the sturdiest looking house, climbing up himself and then helping the others. He'll use the rope to climb as well, this time.
    There's nothing really to attack a rope to, but everyone eventually manages to get on to the roof.

23. - Top - End - #263

ClericGuy

I'll take first watch.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

Selin hands his lantern to Tan.

Wake me if you get tired. I don't want to wake up with a blade at my throat cause you fell asleep... Or don't wake up at all,hehe.

25. - Top - End - #265

ClericGuy

I'll wake you in two hours.

26. - Top - End - #266

SwashbucklerGuy

The night is cold and your sleep is full of nightmares, but no danger finds you. You wake up with the sunrise.

27. - Top - End - #267

ClericGuy

Tan spends some time in prayer and prepares Cure Light Wounds. He eats some rations and digs out some extra for anyone who needs them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Did I regain hp overnight?
    Last edited by mingus; 2008-05-29 at 11:38 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mingus View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did I regain hp overnight?
    Spoiler
    Show
    No one regained hit points - in Basic you need a 'full day of complete rest'.

29. - Top - End - #269

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Then I'm a goin' back ta sleep!

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Selin wakes up, but hardly looks any better.

Damn jackals... they even hunt me in my sleep. I've dreamed of this sexy whore back in K'sing. And right when we were on it she turned into a jackal and had her teeth in my... er... tender flesh. Damn them!!!

Anyway, any news, anything special happened?

He has a look around for signs of trouble or the like.

Spoiler
    Show

I've also prepared Cure Light wounds