New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Circus Style! IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+3)[21]

Whitespacewhitespacewhitespacewhitespace.
    For people who enjoy reading or writing.

Spoiler
    Show

Awesome banner/avatar by El_Frenchie!

Play chess? Look me up! (bwaa)

Formerly known as lordhenry4000

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[7]

3. - Top - End - #63
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Dobnock

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+3)[20]Initiative
    If you can't beat em, get someone else to do it for you.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

OOC; Just to move on I'll roll init. for Trugnuk
    (1d20)[16]

IC;
    The man and the half orc scream vulgarities at each you while drawing their weapons and beggining to advance on you. As they do this 2 Arrows fly out of the wood from somewhere behind the 2 assailants both aimed at Trugnuk, both thudding harmlessly into the side of Araceae's caravan.
    If this didn't take you as a surprise a small magical missile flies out of the woods roughly where the gnome erupted from and flies straight into Gronkh's chest causing some minor pain but no major injuries.

Spoiler
    Show

Health and initiative order of PCs;

Gronkh; 33/37
    Dobnock; 23/23
    Ava; 30/30
    Trugnuk; 43/43
    Femorrah; 23/23
    Duurjeik; 41/41

OOC;
    Ok everyone take an action and I'll sort it out into some order afterwards!

Map;
    Spoiler
    Show

KEY:
    A = Ava
    d = Dobnock (smaller than Duurjeik)
    D = Duurjeik
    F = Femorrah
    G = Gronkh
    T = Trugnuk
    @ = Araceae
    1 = The human
    2 = The Half Orc
    N = NPC circus members

Last edited by JettWilderbeast; 2008-05-13 at 04:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

Grönkh

Can Grönkh see the gnome who jumped into the water? or where the magic missile came from?
    Spoiler
    Show
    If necessary: spot - (1d20+2)[13]
    if neither is visible, Grönkh will turn and head over to our attackers (I believe he can reach AT13 this turn, due to his increased speed) and attack!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[10]

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Grönkh can see any other enemies, he'll be pursuing a different course of action, so let me know! His first priority is the gnome.
    EDIT: since the gnome is gone, Grönkh proceeds as above!
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-05-14 at 03:11 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

Spoiler
    Show
    I take it we're all acting now, and then the human, half-orc and whatever flung the magic missiles?

Best get behind cover, Spathi. What'd we do without you? he murmurs.

Trusting Gronkh to deal with the screaming gnome, Trugnuk lifts the crossbow to his shoulder and fires at the half-orc. Dropping it to the floor of the wagon, Trugnuk pulls mother out from behind the seat, standing.

Sliding down from the side of the wagon, Trugnuk pursues whoever shot that magic missile. For good measure, he shoots the loudmouth creep if he gets a chance.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you don't mind the change in action - I realized that with everyone crowding around to melee the two in the road, shooting into that at the end of the round seemed like a VERY bad idea.

Instead, he'll move off the road to the east. If he doesn't spot the gnome after a move action (he thinks that the screaming gnome was just an illusionary distraction), he continue moving around the melee combat, trying to find him/her. Spot and listen are both +2 modifiers for Trugnuk - happy to have you roll as needed. With a double move, Trugnuk can get to about AW 15.

Attack with Crossbow: (1d20+4)[21]
    Critical confirmation, if 19 or 20 rolled above: (1d20+4)[6]
    Damage: (2d8)[8]

I apologize for any confusion caused by the change in action - the challenges of going low in the initiative order!
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-05-14 at 01:26 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Femorrah

"Why you sneaky..." Femorrah's shocked expression quickly turns to a smile. Target practice! she thinks, and runs to position herself. The javelin flies from her hand to the half-orc.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moves to AR- 21. Attack: (1d20+12)[25], damage (1d4+1)[5].
    Her first priority would be the gnome, but I assume she can't see him. EDIT - Actually, her first priority would be whoever shot that magic missile - if she can see him.

If she can (spot check, if needed: (1d20-1)[7]), the attack is for him. She won't run away from him in that case, just step back as much as possible to be within range (30 ft).
    If not, and if the half-orc is down by the time she gets to act, proceed to next visible attacker.

Also, here's a Sleight of Hand check for a concealed dagger: (1d20+14)[28]. It will only come into play if someone comes too close (10 ft).
    Last edited by Tura; 2008-05-15 at 02:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Ava

Well that wasnt very nice... She takes a step near the Half-orc and attacks with both her swords.

Spoiler
    Show
    5Ft step into AR13 and use full attack to attack with both swords.
    Attack with sword in main hand: (1d20+2)[13] 15, forgot that itis a +4 not a +2
    Damage: (1d10+2)[4] (Full strenght score bonus)
    Attack with off-hand sword: (1d20+4)[9]
    Damage: (1d10+1)[2] (half STR score bonus)
    Last edited by Bayar; 2008-05-14 at 11:52 AM.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

9. - Top - End - #69

SwashbucklerGuy

Dobnock

Ah, highwaymen. Just what we needed. Let's have som fun!

Despite the danger, Dobnock is quite relaxed, and does actually seem to be enjoying himself. With a sly smile, he produces a feather, and begins to wave it around in the air, while staring at the human and muttering something to himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Tashas Hideous laughter at the human. Will save DC 15, or fall over laughing for the next 5 rounds.

10. - Top - End - #70

Duurjeik
    Duurjeik hesitates for a moment before changing his plan yet again. He calls out a word in Druidic, that sounds both like an eagle calling and a rush of wind passing over a prairie, and forms several signs in the air with the feather fan.

A wall of swirling winds bursts into life on top of the bandits, causing the branches of the trees to toss and leaves to fly everywhere.

Spoiler
    Show

Wind Wall, 50ft long 25ft high, following the curve of the road starting three squares directly below the half-orc.
    silver

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

Gronkh runs as fast as he can to the attackers smashing into the Human's face with his powerful fist causing blood to spray from the Human's mouth. As if to add injury to insult Dobnock casts a spell on the Human who bursts into fits of hysterical laughter and falls down on the floor.
    The Half Orc Witnessing this leaps forward and brings his Greataxe swinging down onto Dobnock in revenge; slicing into Dobnocks shoulder.
    Ava steps into the Melee and tries land 2 blows into the half orc but both blows just glance of his already chipped breastplate.
    Meanwhile the human attacker is still laughing his head off, not literally but copious amounts of blood are flowing from his mouth.
    Trugnuk spots the gnome as he stalks round the edge of the Melee; he fires 1 crossbow bolt straight at the gnome and it hits him straight in the eye and passes through the gnome. Leaving the gnome standing for a few seconds before falling to the ground dead.
    Femorrah moves round the horse and looses one of her javelins straight into the thigh of the Half orc causing him to howl in pain; ARGH! BITCH! WHEN I GET TO YOU...
    2 Arrows come flying out the woods again and again they are aimed straight at Trugnuk; 1 flies straight into Trugnuk's midriff and sticks there looking rather nasty as blood seeps slowly out of the wound. The other arrow flies harmlessly over the top of Trugnuk and into the pond with a satisfying Plop!
    Duurjeik uses his druidly magic to cause a wall of wind over the sorrounding area. While causing the dead gnome's body to fly into the air and land with a thud in the middle of the road a human is also thrown out into the road holding a bow and lands directly at Trugnuks feet.

Spoiler
    Show

Gronkh; 33/37
    Dobnock; 15/23
    Ava; 30/30
    Trugnuk; 35/43
    Femorrah; 23/23
    Duurjeik; 41/41

Updated Map;

Spoiler
    Show

KEY:
    A = Ava
    D = Duurjeik
    F = Femorrah
    G = Gronkh
    T = Trugnuk
    @ = Araceae
    1 = The human
    2 = The Half Orc
    3 = Another Human!
    4 = A dead gnome.
    N = NPC circus members

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Femorrah

Left empty-handed after her first attack, Femorrah doesn't reach for another javelin from her quiver, as expected.

ARGH! BITCH! WHEN I GET TO YOU...
    "Oh my! Please don't hurt me Mr Oaf!" she pleads with her most high-pitched voice (the one she uses on stage dressed as a jester), and with a sudden flick of the wrist she produces a dagger from out of nowhere, it seems - in truth, from somewhere in her vest, if someone has the time to notice. At once she throws the dagger to the half-orc.

"Ha!" she shouts triumphantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    OK, this is the Hidden Blade skill trick. Draw hidden weapon as a move action, and the half-orc makes a spot check. If he doesn't beat my previous Sleight of Hand check (28), he is considered flat-footed for the attack, and the sneak attack damage applies.
    attack: (1d20+11)[25]
    damage: (1d3+1)[4] + sneak attack (2d6)[9]
    Last edited by Tura; 2008-05-16 at 07:15 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

Ow!

For now, Trugnuk tries to ignore the pain from the arrow in his guts. He drops the crossbow to focus on the next opponent.

Hoping to end this sooner rather than later, Trugnuk reaches down and attempts to slip the man who has landed on the ground next to him in a modified arm bar.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attempting to initiate a grapple with the bowman:
    Touch melee attack: (1d20+11)[29]
    Opposed grapple check: (1d20+11)[23]
    Non-lethal damage: (1d3+4)[5]

If the grapple is unsuccessful, he will take a move action to go back to the wagon to get Mother.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

14. - Top - End - #74

SwashbucklerGuy

Dobnock

Yikes! That hurt, you know!

With a flash of anger in his eyes, Dobnock draws his longsword and takes a swing at the half-orc.

You hit me, I hit you back!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quick draws sword and attacks half-orc. (1d20+6)[13]Attack (1d6+2)[3]Damage

15. - Top - End - #75

Grönkh

Ach, laddie, ye've done yerself a disservice comin' armed to tha party! Tha' big axe o' yers is only goin' ta git in yer way!

Grönkh then unleashes a pummeling on the half-orc.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flurry of blows:
    Attack - (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[5]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[5]
    Grönkh, as he is now legitimately boxing with the half-orc, is now Dodging him (AC 17).

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #76
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Ava

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack the Half-Orc again.
    (1d20+4)[16] Main hand
    (1d10+2)[7] Damage
    (1d20+4)[7] Off hand
    (1d10+1)[11] Damage
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

OOC; I've been a wolly.... Here I was waiting for the ROgue Monk when he told me he was gonna be away and I could god him.... Sorry!

IC;
    Gronkh unleashes his fury onto the half orc only to have his swords glance off the Half Orcs Armour... Dobnock also attacks the half orc but his blows also glance off.
    The Half Orc now enraged from the Javelin in his Thigh ignores his current combatants and heads to unleash hells fury on Femorrah! He steps forward swinging his axe in a huge arc but misses as the axe swings into the ground.
    Ava uses the opportunity to gain a hit on the Half orc dealing a large cut into the Half Orcs arm causing blood to gush from the deep wound while Dobnock and Gronkh taking advantage of the movement narrowly miss the Half Orc but give him a new hair cut. Ava's next attack only collides with the air.
    The Human attacker continues to lay on the floor now collecting a little pool of blood round his head while laughing loudly.
    Trugnuk reaches down and grabs hold of the new assailant dazing him slightly but holding him in place though he struggles constantly. Femorrah meanwhile throws a dagger with plenty of force into the Half Orc's chest sticking there like a badge of bloody resolution.
    Duurjeik then moves over to the Half Orc and crashes his spear into the attacker's side causing him to yelp in pain as yet more blood trickles down his side.

OOC; I did an attack of oppurtunity from Ava and Gronkh and Dobnock. (I think thats right...)

Spoiler
    Show

Gronkh; 33/37
    Dobnock; 15/23
    Ava; 30/30
    Trugnuk; 35/43
    Femorrah; 23/23
    Duurjeik; 41/41

MAP;

To follow my laptop isn't liking Excel today....
    Last edited by JettWilderbeast; 2008-05-20 at 02:15 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

Pressing the advantage, Trugnuk attempts to roll on top of the archer, where his sheer size and wrestling skill can better help him. He tries to push the man's head into the ground to keep him silent and off balance.

Spoiler
    Show
    All fluff.

Trugnuk is attempting to pin the human, and to prevent his opponent from speaking. He currently has a +15 modifier for grappling checks (forgot the powerful build bonus).

(1d20+15)[19] Opposed grapple check to pin the archer.

19. - Top - End - #79

Grönkh

Grönkh continues his assault on the half-orc, loosing his fists. He aims his first to spin the Half-orc around, and his second fist aims straight for an incapacitating shot to the gut (or lung, if the half-orc remains facing away from Grönkh).
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flurry of blows, with a stunning fist on the second strike! if it hits, the Half-Orc needs to make a Fort save, DC 14 (or 15? does character level round up or down?), or be stunned for one round.
    Attack - (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[5]
    Stunning Fist - (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[7]

EDIT: Those attack rolls might be at +2, because (without the map) I think the half-orc might be flanked now?
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-05-20 at 04:35 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80

Duurjeik
    Duurjeik finishes his incantation and leaps off the wagon towards the laughing human. He strikes him a blow to the head with the butt of his spear to knock him out for later questioning.

Spoiler
    Show

((Did you just god my spear from the tent to my hands, please? If not, I'll just hit him with my fists.))
    Move off the wagon and next to "1" on the map for a melee attack.
    "Spear Attack" - (d20+6)[7]
    "Damage" - (d8+3)[4]
    Or
    "Unarmed Strike" - (d20+5)[18]
    "Non-lethal Damage" - (d3+2)[4]
    ((Sorry for poor roll formating, won't happen again. ))
    Last edited by TRM; 2008-05-20 at 08:55 PM.
    silver

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Femorrah

Femorrah bends backwards as the large axe passes before her nose and lands on the ground with a loud thump. She sees the hilt from her own dagger protruding from the half-orc's chest.

"Hey, don't lose that Mr Oaf, I want it back!"
    Note to self: next time, provoke the oaf only when far far away.

She grabs another dagger from her belt and pushes it forward with all her might, however negligible that may be. From her height, the best she can do is aim for an artery just above the knee. A step back and a back flip later, and Femorrah finds herself next to the gnome's body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Why am I in melee? Anyway. I'm flanking with Ava and/or Gronkh, therefore:
    attack (1d20+7)[22], damage (1d3)[1] plus sneak attack (2d6)[7]
    And move action: Tumble at half-speed to AS-23: (1d20+14)[29]

22. - Top - End - #82

SwashbucklerGuy

Dobnock

Would it be too much to ask you to surrender?

Still bleeding from his shoulder, Dobnock draws forth a Tanglefoot bag and attempts to throw it at the Half-orc, entangling him with goo.

Spoiler
    Show
    ranged touch attack: (1d20+7)[17] reflex save dc 15 or be entangled for 2d4 rounds, suffering a -2 to atc, and a -4 to dex.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

OOC; Sorry for the delay guys, I've had a mental few days....

IC:
    Gronkh's fists blur as he strikes the Half orc firmly across the face making a little spray of teeth and blood to fly from the Half Orc's mouth however his second blow simply bounces off the Half Orc's Armor. Dobnock throws a tanglefoot bag at the Half Orc but misses instead hitting Gronkh full on with the bag!
    The Half Orc bellows with rage while continuing to attack Femorrah but his Axe swings by her and cuts only the air. Ava slices at the Half Orc but only manages to slice the Half Orc's clothes rather than the actual Half Orc.
    The human continues to lie on the floor laughing hysterically and blood slowly eeks from his mouth. Trugnuk manages to pin the archer to the floor and though he struggles he can't get free! Femorrah stabs the Half Orc directly above the knee causing blood to spurt from the wound. Duurjeik jumps from the wagon hoping to deal with the human but his spear butt only hits the floor as he tries to jab it at the human.

OOC; I godded Ava as Bayar hasn't responded.

Spoiler
    Show

Gronkh; 33/37
    Dobnock; 15/23
    Ava; 30/30
    Trugnuk; 35/43
    Femorrah; 23/23
    Duurjeik; 41/41

MAP;
    Spoiler
    Show

KEY:
    A = Ava
    D = Duurjeik
    F = Femorrah
    G = Gronkh
    T = Trugnuk
    @ = Araceae
    1 = The human
    2 = The Half Orc
    3 = The Archer
    4 = A dead gnome.
    N = NPC circus members

24. - Top - End - #84

Duurjeik

Duurjeik growls in frustration as his attack misses its mark, but pulls in a deep breath to steady himself. Breath in and steady yourself for another attack.

He pulls back his spear and brings the butt back down, hoping to incapacitate the human before Dobnock's spells falters. Silently he apologizes to the human. Forrgive me for strriking you while you werre down, but it is the way of surrvival—I must watch out forr my own.

Spoiler
    Show

attack - (d20+2)[4]
    non-lethal damage - (d8+3)[9]
    Last edited by TRM; 2008-05-26 at 08:35 AM.
    silver

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

Glancing up, Trugnuk tries to get Femorrah's attention - he knew that when she had a moment to place herself just so, the halfling could make telling blows that belied her size.

Oh, and he squeezed the hell out of archer.

Spoiler
    Show
    Maintaining the pin. I can never tell if I get to do unarmed damage AS I maintain the pin. If so, damage is rolled below. If not, I'm just holding onto him for now.

grapple check (1d20+15)[25]
    Nonlethal damage (1d4+4)[6]

26. - Top - End - #86

SwashbucklerGuy

Dobnock

Whoopsie!

Seeing the tanglefoot bag hit Grönkh instead of his intended target, Dobnock decides to make another attempt with his sword. He moves up to the Half-orc, and tries to hit him somewhere lethal with his blade.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to AS 18 and attacks Half-orc with longsword. Attack: (1d20+6)[8] Damage: (1d6+2)[7]

27. - Top - End - #87

Grönkh

Spoiler
    Show
    Reflex save - (1d20+6)[11]

Assuming he is not entangled badly, Grönkh continues to attack the half-orc.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[6]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[22]
    Damage - (1d6+4)[6]

Give up already, lads! yer mighty ootnumbered!

EDIT: well, he's entangled well and truly, but Grönkh keeps his actions the same, just with a -2 on the attack rolls.
    Last edited by Dr Bwaa; 2008-05-26 at 07:18 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Femorrah

Once again, Femorrah produces a dagger out of nowhere, and once again she aims for the half-orc, and once again she taunts him.
    "Aww, Mr Oaf, still can't get to me? I'm right here!"
    Fine, I'm not far far away, but distracting him seems like a good idea right now, not to mention the look on his face - oooh I must learn to mimic that, the kids will love it.

Femorrah realizes that Trugnuk could use some help, though he seems to be doing pretty well for the moment, so she slides towards him.
    "How may I be of service?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Jett, are you sure that, in the last map, 1 is the human and 2 the half-orc? I could swear it was vice-versa, and assumed it was so for these actions. If not, I'll edit.

Hidden Blade skill trick again (with the 2nd of 4 hidden daggers)
    Sleight of hand: (1d20+14)[27]
    Attack: (1d20+11)[19] (-2 if more than 10ft away - I'm still not sure where he is)
    Damage: (1d3+1)[4] plus sneak attack (2d6)[5]
    Move to AU-23, tumble if needed: (1d20+14)[19]

Toliudar, sorry for not helping very much there, but I thought that getting rid of the half-orc was first priority.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Trugnuk

The grunting half-giant changes abruptly to his "serving tea" voice. He glances down at the archer struggling beneath him.

Thank you, dear. Don't suppose you'd be so kind as to kick him in the head for me, would you?

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry to distract you, Tura. But it did look like you were firing into melee, and I thought I'd give you an alternative that still made use of your sneak attack ability.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Orc in the Playground

OOC; As Tura noticed... I yet again messed up... I got confused between "1" and "2" on the map. 2 Being the half orc and 1 being the helpless laughing human....
    IC;
    Round 5
    Gronkh fights on despite being rather entangled and the second of two attempts hits the half orc across the chest. Dobnock tries to make amends for entangling a friend but fails miserably as his swing is so bad he nearly (but doesn't quite) drop his sword! The Half Orc now completely loses it and starts shouting all kinds of profanities in Orcish, he turns and attacks his nearest foe; Ava; But his attack misses badly and he ends up hitting the floor. Ava resonds by sending a carefully aimed hit at the Half orc slashing him across the midriff but missing him with the second hit. The Human on the floor continues laughing hysterically.
    Trugnuk continues to hold on to the Archer and manages to land a punch on his opponent leaving a nice red swelling on his eye; That's gonna be a bruiser! Femorrah reveals another dagger from god only knows where she hid it and flings it straight at the half Orc hitting him in the neck causing him to fall down dead in a fit of gurgling rage.
    It would seem Duurjeik is having a bad day too as he misses the laughing human instead hitting the ground. Again.

Health and Initiative Order of PCs;
    Spoiler
    Show

Gronkh; 33/37
    Dobnock; 15/23
    Ava; 30/30
    Trugnuk; 35/43
    Femorrah; 23/23
    Duurjeik; 41/41

Map;
    Spoiler
    Show