New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Tomb of Horrors Group A (IC)

Aduro finds traps on 5c, between 7b and 7c, and on 9c. He stops at 9b. It appears that prodding them with a couple of pounds of force triggers them. All of the traps you've found, except for the one on 9b, have been triggered and opened.

OOC: Is Torlo ready to descend into the pit yet? Also, who's holding the other end? The rope used to pull the lever is still attached to it. You never bothered removing it.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Winnie the Pooh by Sneak.
    Fishing by Dr. Bath.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

"All right guys I'm ready, but I'd like to be held up by someone, you know, becauss otherwise I'd just be falling onto spikes. Maybe poisoned spikes, but hey it'll be fine, won't it?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Erika

Erika continues to hold the other end of her own rope as she waits for Torlo to be ready. She stand over by the entrance holding the rope with it securely tied to her so she can not drop it. She'll walk forward towards the pit, thus lowering Torlo down into its depths.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

New map is here. It appears I made the previous maps one square too short in the middle. I've fixed it.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by UglyPanda; 2008-05-21 at 07:04 PM.

If, at any point, I write something that appears humorous, just chalk it up to your twisted imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

5. - Top - End - #95

Imp

Torlo holds tightly onto the rope as he leans over the edge of the pit, but once he is being lowered releases it and relaxes slightly, looking around for anything of interest he finally reaches towards the shiny object and picks it up, unless for some reason something worth noting happens before he can reach it.

6. - Top - End - #96

BardGuy

Cory

Not one to leave a woman to be the only one holding a rope, Cory walks over and grabs the rope as well. Both of us should have no problem holding the bard up.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

It's still quite dark in the hallway, but Torlo can see that the shiny object happens to be a pair of goggles. The lenses of it are made of silvered crystal. Having large spikes close to his face is making Torlo a bit uneasy.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

8. - Top - End - #98

Imp

If Torlo can reach them he takes them, otherwise he'll ask for some kind of grabbing implement.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Despite the spikes, Torlo can easily reach the goggles. You also see Rurik's magnet, attached to a nearby spike.

OOC: Besides fendrin's character, how many of you are currently using a light source? I want to know whether or not you can see in color.

The rumbling in your stomachs is telling you it's time for lunch.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

10. - Top - End - #100

Imp

Torlo takes both the goggles and the magnet. "Rurik I got you your magnet, and the goggles, so pull me up now please."

OOC: Torlo's bow glows as though it had light cast on it permanently, however it's on his back. And Torlo's ring of sustenance stops the rumbling.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Erika

With Cory's help, Erika backs away from the pit, thus slowly pulling Torlo back up out of the pit and away from deadly spikes.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

12. - Top - End - #102

BardGuy

Cory

OOC- Do we have a light source? I thought there was a rock with light cast on it. If not then I have no light source.

Cory helps Erika pull Torlo out of the pit, then asks him "Does your bow always glow like that?"

13. - Top - End - #103

Imp

"Yeah, it's a feature of some magical items, particularly weapons. This old bow has been a friend to me for years now, so when I had it's first enchantment put on it I decided to have it glow as well, since I don't have eyes for the dark like some people. Unfortunately it doesn't bestow that upon the arrows which is why I had to use some of my own magic on that one earlier. I've always thought that I should find a way to make my arrows glow too, it would make them much easier to find." Torlo unties the rope around him and hands it back to Erika and Rurik his magnet and thens sets about searching the goggles for any significant markings or clues to their function.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Erika

Nodding at Torlo and Cory, Erika says, "Indeed." She shifts her everburning torch away from her and throws open her cloak to reveal her massive Morningstar and its soft glow. She asks Cory, "Don't your weapons glow?"

Once Torlo is clear of the hole, Erika goes over to the little remaining natural light of the entrance and sits down adding, "Time for lunch I think."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Essht

Having had nothing to do for quite some time, and mainly following the others and wondering why he hadn't gone off to kill something (or in most cases someone) Essht followed behind. He wasn't much of a thinker, or a philosopher, or for that matter much of anything save brutal killer. Still, he enjoyed the adventure, which explained his presence. He did glow as an entity, though, so the comments regarding magical weapons glowing sorta related to him.

But he had nothing to add to the current situation.
    Special Thanks to Kopaka for the wonderful Avatar!

Spoiler
    Show
    "I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
    I took the one less traveled by,
    and that has made all the difference."

--- Robert Lee Frost

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Aduro

"Aduro's weapons glow."

The gnome states simply, not even mentioning the blaze of fire surrounding his left hand that he had been using as a torch.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Erika

Erika glares down into the dimly lit hallway at her compatriots. Aduro needs to learn another word... I. It is simple to say, and very simple to spell.

Calling down the hall to the rest of the party, Erika says, "I can create water, if anyone needs any... can anyone cast Create Food today?" Erika is hungry.

18. - Top - End - #108

BardGuy

Cory

I can create some food for us. With a few waves of his hands he conjures up some food for the party.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Torlo is pulled out of the pit and you all have a nice lunch.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Erika

Erika smiles at Cory and says, "Thank you, that did, indeed, hit the spot. Back to it I suppose." She wanders down the hallway to the last of the open pits(B7) and presses herself against the wall while peering off into the darkness. Using her magical weapon for light(dim to 40') she tries to see how much further this hallway might go.

She wasn't anxious for death, but if she wanted to fall into holes or look at primitive drawing on the walls, she would have either gone into mining or run an orphanage.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Aduro

Picking morsels of the magically manifested meal from his teeth using a thin hook he has taken out of his toolkit, Aduro meanders between the pits until he stands beside the lady-priest.
    "See anything? Watch out, there's another pit-door here that I haven't opened yet."
    Aduro peers towards the unknown end of the hall.
    Last edited by fendrin; 2008-05-29 at 10:19 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: It's not that you can't open it, it's just that you chose not to. You are free to hit it with the pole if you choose to.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: ah, I misunderstand. I'll edit my previous post.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

It appears that the hallway continues on beyond Erika's vision.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Erika

Erika casts a disdainful look at the midget and says, "I shall be sure to avoid them. I do in fact see something. The hallway continues south from here. No doubt filled with more traps."

I wonder who they are fooling. After the first few, we are sure to search and find the rest of them.

Erika turns her attention to the unopen pit and pokes it a few times with her everburning torch before moving back north towards the exit.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

Erika hits the pit lightly, then hits the pit hard. The pit opens.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.

27. - Top - End - #117

Imp

"I wonder if theres anymore shinies about, I like this one, don't you think it's nice Rurik?" Torlo says while looking at the new goggles, then he sharply turns around and walks to the other pits, looking into each of them and waving his bow in to see better. After this he sits against a wall and examines the goggles. Looking for markings of any kind, after a while he puts them on and looks through them.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Erika

Slightly startled with how easy that pit opened compared to that one they were jumping on, Erika steps back up against the wall for a moment. After getting her sense of balance back she heads north and stops to frown at Torlo as he examines the googles. Trying to helpful(sarcastic), she says, "I think they go on your eyes."

She head back to the entrance and remembering that the entrance will somehow self seal itself, grabs her stuff and drags it 20' or so into the dungeon. Once her stuff is safe she grabs a 10' pole and heads down to the pitted area again.

29. - Top - End - #119

BardGuy

Cory

Cory stays behind everyone even after the buttons are pushed and pits are examined. I'm not very good at finding these traps, I should stay away from them.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

When Torlo puts the goggles up to his eyes, everything looks a bit less bright. He doesn't feel any other effects.

Spoiler
    Show

Fishing by Dr. Bath.